Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,019 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (811) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (920219 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 6:58pm On Jul 25, 2013
My interview:
Got up at 3, did some good praising and worship and prayer. Needed it
Got there at about past 5, at 6 they began the regular checks, the whole time I was singing and reminding my FATHER under my breath that it's HIS turn oh, to do what we have been talking about.
Anyways I was called at about past 10 and here is how it went
Me: good morning sir
CO: morning
CO: please sign these forms here
CO: do you swear to say the truth...
Me: I swear
CO: are you so and so?
Me: yes sir
CO: why did you apply for the programme?
Me: because I felt it offered a better opportunity for schooling and work and to further better yourself then I mumbled a bit
CO: nodding, are you travelling with your wife?
Me: wife?? I'm not married!!
CO: never been married? No kids?
Me: no, no, no
Co: have you been to the US before?
Me: yes, once
Co: what purposes?
Me: j1 visa, work and study sponsored by my school and cieee
Co: where did you stay?
Me: Montana
Co: surprised.
Co: nods. Ok. What were you doing?
Me: worked at McDonald's
Co: did you like the food?
Me: free food never tastes bad
Co: laughs.
Then I tell him about some of the places I visited. While I was talking he was returning my original documents and approving my visa
All this took less than 3 minutes oh.
Meanwhile, when I came he was the co I was trying to avoid, he turned out to be really pleasant! I give GOD all the glory cos it's not cos we deserve anything more than the other but HIS mercies!
TX loading yo!

@Chuck87: Congratulation, we will meet in TX some day. Hope our party will still hold? Hahaha go live your American dream my dear.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Freshie: 7:13pm On Jul 25, 2013
VisaOfficer: Hi everyone -- I'm a U.S. Foreign Service Officer, and I started a thread about visa questions elsewhere in thie section. I just wanted to say a few words about Diversity Visas.

1. The rules of the program are extremely strict, and there are no exceptions. So if you entered the Diversity Visa program and did not list your spouse and all your children, you will be disqualified. Even if you wrote to KCC (Kentucky Consular Center) later and told them that you forgot to list your spouse and children, it doesn't matter. You will not receive a visa, and there is no refund. So, please, if you realize you made this mistake, do not waste your time and money. It's not worth it.

2. If a tout filled out your application for you and is trying to make you pay, SHAME ON THAT PERSON. You can check your own status without paying anyone through www.dvlottery.state.gov . Unfortunately, if you have lost your confirmation number or the tout won't give it to you, there is no way to check your status. That's why it's so important to keep your confirmation number.

3. If a tout filled out your application for you with someone else's name and photo, and now you are considering pretending to be that person, it's not worth it. We will have YOUR photo and fingerprints on file forever, along with a note that you attempted to get a visa using a false identity. That incurs a permanent ban on ever receiving a visa to the United States.

4. Please do not enter into fraudulent marriages in an attempt to bring another person to the United States. You will end up with a charge of "attempted alien smuggling" on your record, and that will permanently bar you from entering the United States. The fake spouse in the case will end up with a charge of "material misrepresentation" and will also be permanently banned. Using a fake name won't help, because your fingerprints and photo will be on file, forever. It's not worth it.

5. If you are issued a visa, the U.S. Government will not find you a job or a place to live. The whole premise of the Diversity Visa program is that you are educationally qualified and can therefore find a way to support yourself in the United States.

6. The Department of State does NOT notify successful DV applicants by letter or e-mail, so if you receive such a letter or e-mail, it's a scam. Don't send money.

7. Most DV applicants are good, qualified applicants and have no problems getting visas. Just remember, the best policy is always to tell the truth. Truth is good. We like truth.

Best of luck to everyone!

Thanx for all the info. I however kindly disagree with point 2 as I just checked the status for my brother and sister last week without their confirmation number. There's a link "Forgot COnfirmation Number" on the website now https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/, you may check it for yourselves. Cheers!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Amedino1: 9:17pm On Jul 25, 2013
kenny3: @genlion, hi, are u now in Pennsylvania? This is my state too, will be there soon by God's grace. Pls give me ur email or fb name...tnx n God bls u

Same here too bros,,,
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by genlion: 5:23am On Jul 26, 2013
kenny3: @genlion, hi, are u now in Pennsylvania? This is my state too, will be there soon by God's grace. Pls give me ur email or fb name...tnx n God bls u
. My guy, I still dey nija. My email is passiongokson_60@yahoo.co.uk just mail me make we talk
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 6:37am On Jul 26, 2013
Freshie:

Thanx for all the info. I however kindly disagree with point 2 as I just checked the status for my brother and sister last week without their confirmation number. There's a link "Forgot COnfirmation Number" on the website now https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/, you may check it for yourselves. Cheers!

Yes you can do that but not without the email address the agent used when registering for the lottery. These bogus agents will not give you the email address they used because they knew very well that you are retrieve the confirmation now
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by VisaOfficer: 7:22am On Jul 26, 2013
pjogutum1: @VisaOfficer: 2. If a tout filled out your application for you and is trying to make you pay, SHAME ON THAT PERSON. You can check your own status without paying anyone through www.dvlottery.state.gov . Unfortunately, if you have lost your confirmation number or the tout won't give it to you, there is no way to check your status. That's why it's so important to keep your confirmation number.

"Unfortunately, if you have lost your confirmation number or the tout won't give it to you, there is no way to check your status. That's why it's so important to keep your confirmation number".

My dear visa officer, you are wrong. You can check and retrieve your confirmation number on the same site by clicking on forgot confirmation check the site again that is one of the new developments on the website to help applicants, I tried it and it worked.

Sometimes I like to be wrong! That's excellent news! Great, that will keep unethical persons from extorting money from winners. Thanks!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ojwanlo: 8:55am On Jul 26, 2013
Congrats
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by candytos: 9:03am On Jul 26, 2013
Freshie:

U are right bro, it is this newly added innovation that enabled me to check n know I was selected after a year n one month after the result came out cos I lost my confirmation number for 2013. I believe it was added when the results for 2014 was released as I never saw it when trying to check 2013 earlier on last year or early this year. I commend the DV organizers for this innovation cos it has helped quite a lot of ppl including moi to check our results n put some agents asunder.
I wish all going for interviews in the remaining few weeks of DV 2013 resounding success IJMN amen.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by anjolaoluwadv13: 10:01am On Jul 26, 2013
Hello good people,its exactly a week to our interview.Hope we are good to go with all the under listed documents?

International Passports for me and hubby
Marriage Certificates(Church & Registry)
NPC Birth Certificates for me and hubby
Medical Results & X- ray for me and hubby
Nigeria Police Clearance Certificates for me and hubby
UK Police Clearance Certificate for hubby
Academic Certificates & Professional Certificates
NYSC Certificates
Wedding Album,Formal Introduction Album &Courtship Photos
2nd Notification Letter.

Please your candid opinion will be welcome.
Thanks.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 12:11pm On Jul 26, 2013
ojisalara:

No trouble with Immigration at all, they know about the VISA lottery just that most of them are corrupt, I had issues with NDLEA guys that eventually took me to their body scanning room so that I should drop money, The woman at the scanning room said I'm negative and was very friendly after the scan but this man that took me their kept holding my passport and kept asking the woman if he should write Positive, See the Kind of country we are in, God Help us and give us good leaders that will have zero tolerance for corruption because at that point I was thinking it's possible this NDLEA guys have been indicting innocent people, He kept wasting my time and asking me to drop something before he clears me, I has had to give them 1k
Bro, this have nothing to do with our leaders. If you don't give them any money they will give you back your passport. They re only rejoicing with you. You re traveling to God's own country you no won drop something. If na Kenya or Iraq you dey go nw they won't look ur passport twice, talk less they won ask you for a kobo.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 12:17pm On Jul 26, 2013
anjolaoluwadv13: Hello good people,its exactly a week to our interview.Hope we are good to go with all the under listed documents?

NYSC Certificates
2nd Notification Letter.

Please your candid opinion will be welcome.
Thanks.

You are good to go but please don.t forget your 4copies of 2"x2" passport photograph for each member of the family and pray for almighty God favour. I believe the visa is yours in Jesus name.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 12:21pm On Jul 26, 2013
Chuck87: My interview:
Got there at about past 5, at 6 they began the regular checks, the whole time I was singing and reminding my FATHER under my breath that it's HIS turn oh, to do what we have been talking about.
Me: because I felt it offered a better opportunity for schooling and work and to further better yourself then I mumbled a bit
Then I tell him about some of the places I visited. While I was talking he was returning my original documents and approving my visa
Meanwhile, when I came he was the co I was trying to avoid, he turned out to be really pleasant! I give GOD all the glory cos it's not cos we deserve anything more than the other but HIS mercies!
TX loading yo!

Congratulations Chuck87.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by anjolaoluwadv13: 12:31pm On Jul 26, 2013
remkay2012:

You are good to go but please don.t forget your 4copies of 2"x2" passport photograph for each member of the family and pray for almighty God favour. I believe the visa is yours in Jesus name.

@remkay2012, thanks for reminding me of the passport photos. I thought its 2 copies each for the two of us?That means we would have to get new passport photos for the extra copies.Thanks dear,do have a great weekend.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 12:50pm On Jul 26, 2013
TX loading yo!
Congratulation bro
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 1:28pm On Jul 26, 2013
anjolaoluwadv13:

@remkay2012, thanks for reminding me of the passport photos. I thought its 2 copies each for the two of us?That means we would have to get new passport photos for the extra copies.Thanks dear,do have a great weekend.

I prefer that you go with enough passport photographs. 3 copies was required during our interview for each member of the family. I just prescribed 4 numbers to be on a safer side. I wish you good luck.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by candytos: 6:37pm On Jul 26, 2013
anjolaoluwadv13: Hello good people,its exactly a week to our interview.Hope we are good to go with all the under listed documents?

NYSC Certificates
2nd Notification Letter.

1Please your candid opinion will be welcome.
Thanks.

Good except u missed out ur
1. Photo copies of all certificates
2. 2x2 passport photos
3. Divine favor, which I am wishing for u in abundance.
U av got the visas IJMN amen.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ayodinho91: 6:38pm On Jul 26, 2013
Can someone help me with this please. What's the maximum amount of money someone can take to the United States in cash.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by candytos: 6:44pm On Jul 26, 2013
Yusmash00: Congratulation bro

Hi Yumash00,
Hope u are settling down fast, I am praying that lines will fall in pleasant places for u IJN amen.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justgod(m): 8:51pm On Jul 26, 2013
Congrats bro, its the Lord's doing

TX loading yo!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 11:10pm On Jul 26, 2013
pjogutum1: @Rotexmo: Good evening everybody....Please I rescheduled my interview cos permission to attend was not approved at my place of work.....The interview was meant to take place yesterday and i rescheduled on Monday.....This was the reply i got from the embassy:

'Thank you for your email. All slots are now filled and we are unable to accommodate your request for a change of date.

Sincerely'

Please is there anything else that can be done or i just screwed up the opportunity...note that it will be my first time of rescheduling.

Regards

If you ask me, I think you don’t need the visa. What permission at work place are you talking about? If you don’t go to work that particular day what will happen?l call this wasted effort. You have answered the question yourself, “I just screwed up the opportunity” big time.

Which kind dirty permission be that.. If u be my uncle i go dis brother, @ dis time u are reschedule interview... Dis thing pain gan ni...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 11:35pm On Jul 26, 2013
ayodinho91: Can someone help me with this please. What's the maximum amount of money someone can take to the United States in cash.
you can move in 9000$ without any problem. Anything more than that may involve EFCC.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 11:38pm On Jul 26, 2013
candytos:

Hi Yumash00,
Hope u are settling down fast, I am praying that lines will fall in pleasant places for u IJN amen.
Sir, we re pushing it. Amen oo. Thanks for the prayer. How is family? And our last discussion?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Favourablegirl: 11:54pm On Jul 26, 2013
lilianjobs22: guys i salute oooh.
please i have this issue that is really troubling me. my wife n i had our visa while being put thru Ap n we are set to travel soon but our expiring date on our visa is 1st september. most guys get 6 months but they gave us 2 months to our expiring date.i will like to know if this has any meaning n just to add, we did our medicals on the 3 of march 2013.
i tried relating the medicals expiring date n expiring date of our visas but i came up with nothing. please if there is anybody there that can help to xplain anything relating to my case, i will be very gratefull.

It all depend when you did you interview, it being counted from the day you were placed on AP. If ur visa had finaly come out after Ap, considering the date u where put on Ap. Be bless
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by nkkystel(f): 12:22am On Jul 27, 2013
Chuk87: My interview:
TX loading yo!

Congrats to you Chuk87
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Freshie: 10:05am On Jul 27, 2013
My interview is on the 14th of August and it feels like I've been waiting forever! I'm happy about it but I have one concern: I just got married this year so obviously nothing has been mentioned about my wife in the processing of the documents because all the forms were submitted last year.

What is the shortest possible time I could bring my wife and baby to join me in the States when I get my visa (cos I believe I'll get it)? I'd appreciate suggestions and also solid advice from those who know about handling this kind of situation. Thanks muchos!

Good luck to us all!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Chuck87: 11:28am On Jul 27, 2013
pjogutum1: My interview:
TX loading yo!

@Chuck87: Congratulation, we will meet in TX some day. Hope our party will still hold? Hahaha go live your American dream my dear.

Lol. We will wait and hope so oh. Have you got a deal for your tickets?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by 24en: 11:47am On Jul 27, 2013
Favourablegirl:

It all depend when you did you interview, it being counted from the day you were placed on AP. If ur visa had finaly come out after Ap, considering the date u where put on Ap. Be bless

A week to go for interview i pray for those that have had their visa approved and for us still waiting to have our interviews i pray the house should pray for us.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Favourablegirl: 12:13pm On Jul 27, 2013
24en:

A week to go for interview i pray for those that have had their visa approved and for us still waiting to have our interviews i pray the house should pray for us.

You can say that again, one week to go,I know the Living God that have be merciful and good to this forum, and to me and you will make thing successful for us next week, because He changes roles and situations to favour His children, we are gods Says the Lord and Children of the Most High God,(Ps 82:6) His favor is on all of us waiting and going for inteview next week and weeks to come God is in control relax in Jesus Christ Name.

(1) (2) (3) ... (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.