Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,095 members, 7,852,701 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:19 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (851) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (925822 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (848) (849) (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babaajala: 7:40pm On Sep 25, 2013
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babaajala: 7:41pm On Sep 25, 2013
rood boy:

Were r u goin in Tx? And hw much did u book the ticket?
i got emirate from lagos to houston texas at 156,972 naira last week
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by obinnaud(m): 7:52pm On Sep 25, 2013
rood boy:

Were r u goin in Tx? And hw much did u book the ticket?

I wud be going to Richmond Tx and I got my ticket for 150k Emirates airline
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 10:01pm On Sep 25, 2013
Fortsucc: Here is my experience. I was the primary applicant why my husband was the beneficiary no child yet. Our interview was on the 13th of Sept. Which we were reschedule to on the 16th of sept. This time around it was black that interviewed us, I was called to window 8 which is a room and I was interview first for about one hour. I was told to call my spouse and he was interview in the same room for about Ten minute why I stay outside, he later came out and told me that they said we should stay outside till they call us again. It was like ten minutes later when they called us at the window,they now gave us a refusal letter which it was written attempted human smugling. And of which it was my husband surname that was written on my NYSC certificate, so they now said it was a forge and they didn't give me my original document back, so we accepted it like that. When it was on the 18th of Sept around 1:00pm a number called me and the was from embassy asking us to come back on Monday with my parent and spouse parent's picture which we took along with us on Monday,so they have done some verification on my NYSC certificate which they now confirm that I was truely married to him and that the document was not forged, it was also the same window 8 that I was interview again for about 30 minutes during the interview they went into our facebook account with out asking of our user name and our password that surprise me a lot, so they also interview my spouse again. We were told to go out, we sat for about 10minutes they called us back and they said congratulation,welcome to America and they collected our passports that we should come and collect our visa in a week time. That was my experience to cut the whole story short. It was victory at last, I really thank God for making it a success.
Congratulation.. Wow.. Im so so happy for you. I'm just imagining how you re feeling after you are deny on your first interview. Do you ever think they will call you back? God is great. Welcome to America. Come and enjoy your married life in America. We singles dey suffer here lol.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 10:02pm On Sep 25, 2013
akintunde95: @yOUSMASHOO thanks 4 ur contribution.... If i get u right u said a shuold change to d date of birth dat my friend use .... Wot of d one dat is in my SSCE dont u think it ll diffrent
An affidavit will fix that as an error.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by edimop: 10:03pm On Sep 25, 2013
idriez:
So unfortunate to hear that, I had a similar experience & had to weather the storm. My sincere advice is for her to look for a church member or friend that has someone here who can accommodate her for a short time and at the same time prepare her mind to rent a room once she lands... it aint easy though but with God on her side it will.
she doesn't knw any chrch member,cos she hasn't arrived america yet,stil in naija,abt to leave soon
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kennex89(m): 11:12pm On Sep 25, 2013
this question goes to Fortsucc: please i will be going for the interview soon with my wife, she is the principal applicant and i will be the beneficiary but we got married before the dv result came out, i will like to know if your own case is like that or you guys did your wedding after you have won. please i will like you to update me on this so that we can be making preparation, she is an nce holder and i am a university graduate. please i will like to know if you guys got married after you have been notified you won.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 12:21am On Sep 26, 2013
obinnaud: Hello my fellow nairalanders, to God be d glory I wud be leaving Nigeria for Texas dis saturday. But I gat some pressing questions I wanted to ask. One concerns me, d oda concerns a close friend of mine.

1. I am an ardent Blackberry user. I'm sure some
of u were before your journey to America. I want
to know some of d cheapest networks that offer
BIS subscription in texas, by how much and how do I activate it. If
possible- suggest also d preferred networks that
cost less to call back home (Nigeria)
2. My friend is coming to Minessota and I have discovered
that d cheapest flights I can get are to JFK New
York- using Qatar Airlines. My question is- when I
get to NY, how easy is it to book another flight to
Minessota (without booking online first)... Is it a
straightforward process to work to d counter and
pay cash for a flight? If u have done this before,
are d costs d same as those shown online?
(Online- with about $200 I can get a flight from
JFK to my destination...

3. Though I have a host whom I would be with for sometime, but how much dollars do I nid to hold dat would be reasonable enuf as basic travel allowance.
Thanks for d gudwork guys.

Im a blackberry user too. You can use simple mobile its $40 per month but i use T.Mobile $50 per month. I use Simple mobile when i first got here but their signal is not strong like T.Mobile so i switch. If you want to call Nigeria, I use www.raza.com always got like more than 100mins for just $5.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 12:29am On Sep 26, 2013
edimop: she doesn't knw any chrch member,cos she hasn't arrived america yet,stil in naija,abt to leave soon
Send me direct message. I have someone who can help in Houston.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kennex89(m): 1:02am On Sep 26, 2013
please Fortsucc: answer me. this question goes to Fortsucc: please i will be going for the interview soon with my wife, she is the principal applicant and i will be the beneficiary but we got married before the dv result came out, i will like to know if your own case is like that or you guys did your wedding after you have won. please i will like you to update me on this so that we can be making preparation, she is an nce holder and i am a university graduate. please i will like to know if you guys got married after you have been notified you won.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by obinnaud(m): 1:25am On Sep 26, 2013
Yusmash00:

Im a blackberry user too. You can use simple mobile its $40 per month but i use T.Mobile $50 per month. I use Simple mobile when i first got here but their signal is not strong like T.Mobile so i switch. If you want to call Nigeria, I use www.raza.com always got like more than 100mins for just $5.

Tnks Yusmash, am very grateful. Can I get just a Tmobile sim without having to buy thr blackberry device?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Amedino1: 1:52am On Sep 26, 2013
Reporting direct from United State of America..................I don port to US.......

3 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 4:44am On Sep 26, 2013
obinnaud:

Tnks Yusmash, am very grateful. Can I get just a Tmobile sim without having to buy thr blackberry device?
Yes, you will get their prepaid sim card but make sure your phone is fully unlocked.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 5:03am On Sep 26, 2013
Amedino1: Reporting direct from United State of America..................I don port to US.......
Welcome bro.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Fortsucc(f): 7:42am On Sep 26, 2013
Thank You all.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Fortsucc(f): 8:05am On Sep 26, 2013
kennex89: please Fortsucc: answer me. this question goes to Fortsucc: please i will be going for the interview soon with my wife, she is the principal applicant and i will be the beneficiary but we got married before the dv result came out, i will like to know if your own case is like that or you guys did your wedding after you have won. please i will like you to update me on this so that we can be making preparation, she is an nce holder and i am a university graduate. please i will like to know if you guys got married after you have been notified you won.
. Good morning, yes I did my marriage before the result came out too, but I never knew what the consular saw that makes him to reschedule us but my thinking was that may be because of my husband name that was written on my NYSC certificate they want to make verification and be sure it was not forged just to collect Visa, so it was after the verification we were called back, My advise for you is that you and your spouse should study yourself very well. Your spouse will be the one to be interview first because she is the principal applicant they will asked questions about the highest grade she make in her Olevel result and the course she studied in the school and her project. You people should make sure you are bold and don't be afraid. I wish you best of luck.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by akintunde95: 9:10am On Sep 26, 2013
@YUSMASHOO thanks 4 ur advises .... But one thing i hear dat affidavit is not recognise in DV LOTTERY
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 9:24am On Sep 26, 2013
Amedino1: Reporting direct from United State of America..................I don port to US.......

congratulabia...hw was ur trip bro?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Husmern(m): 11:09am On Sep 26, 2013
i dn dy expect ur post 4rm thr because a frnd posted about u dt u'v left 4 yankee...pls share ur experience @naija airport n america POE...because me 2 dey leave soon in sha Allah
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Amedino1: 3:36pm On Sep 26, 2013
Husmern: i dn dy expect ur post 4rm thr because a frnd posted about u dt u'v left 4 yankee...pls share ur experience @naija airport n america POE...because me 2 dey leave soon in sha Allah

OK!!!!! On 7th of Sept i miss my flight to TX(host n ticket issues).
On 20th my mumsy jez called me to come down to Airport coz my flight is 2:30pm via Qatar Airline......
I got to Airport 12noon,,, go for Checking of bag,dose peepz no take my tym(I gave dem #500naira for drink) den dey direct to to where to collect ticket(3mins), d Qatar staff gave me my boarding ticket 2nos(one to Doha n another to US) wit one form for Immigration, frm dere move to immigration side(spent like 3mins wit dem)....... Boarding room to enter dere nah problem coz i waz wit bottle of Coke(i finished my coke bfr dey allow me enter)))) sat for like 20mins dere bfr dey call us ƒσя boarding(after checking my hand luggage wit ticket..... Nah so i enter Plane Ooº˚°º≈º°˚ºoO,, nah omo yinbo plenty inside plane(dis peepz like business) wit few white n chico peez..... Locate my sit, i saw one blanket wit tooth brush, eyes cover, glove ,toothpaste n ear cover..... Nah dem start to dey grit us for inside plane(talk some many tinz but did not listening to dem(me nah lookin lookin i do n fearing dey my mind) coz i be JJC now,,, nah peepz jez dey belt me too don sharp.... Every wit diff Screen to watch Movie, play game, dey look map as d plane dey waka,,,,,nah so da plane waka Ooº˚°º≈º°˚ºoO 7hrs:3Omins to Doha,,,,,,, come see diff kind of Alcohol n soft drinks and food n fruit..its waz fun inside plane... We enter Doha Airport for Nite from Plane to Bus dis peepz make tinz very easy jawe,,,, dey drop us to omo side called transfer n Connection(me JJC refused to drop Ooº˚°º≈º°˚ºoO , i tot ll drop for Doha coz dat wat on my ticket, on getting to Doha nah security told me av miss road, but dey arranged anoda Car for me(Alcohol tinz working)......Doha airport is so so on point;;;Mosque dey and Shopping mall, Fast food, Smoking room, Slipping room so many tinz,,,,free internet self even work wit my BBM self.. After Six hrs stop over....I locate US flight side dere to my surprised nah only me be black inside plane(chico,indian n whitee nah dem plenty pass i tot it ll very boring bfr but even make sense pass d one frm naija.....(13hrs 30mins) nah so dem welcome me to JFK Airport 3:10pm American tym.........nah so dem direct me to Visiting side Ooº˚°º≈º°˚ºoO but over sabi i told d immigration officer dat i be citizen now, she smile n said i dnt av GC n Blue P yet,,,,nah so dem do finger print n i changed my add den take me to another room ƒσя tum Print n Sign......den go carry my bag n submitted d form dey gave inside plane... To my surprised to my host nah payment but i used lagos tinz relate wit on whitee dere dat i wanna d person dat ll pick, she gave me den called,,, he gave me direction.... Nah so Taxi man told me $70 to Port Authority...me; abeg collect $30....nah so d Taxi man vex leave me for dere Ooº˚°º≈º°˚ºoO said nah $60..... Called my host he gave me idea to do join Taxi whao dat waz wat am thinking bfr.... Me go straight to go for State Taxi$58 but later saw one nice lady dat we do join Taxi we share da money(me$20 n she paid da balance) to my surprised from Airport to Port Authority is jez like Mushin to Agege(is not up to 1hr drive self) getting to Port Authority i locate where to buy ticket for Bus(Greyhound Bus) surprised $20 wit wifi inside Bus to philadelphia park(2hrs drive),,,, frm dere Baba God welcome me wit cold Blessing Rain..... Still av to abeg for fone again to call my host,Thank he waz dere self waiting for me self nah he put my bag for motor carry me house Ooº˚°º≈º°˚ºoO Ooº˚°º≈º°˚ºoO................. 7days in Yankee dem don Carry me go New Jersey, New York, downTown, and Maryland........... Nah so i dey Port to United State of America Ooº˚°º≈º°˚ºoO........... My peepz Money no dey for tree here Ooº˚°º≈º°˚ºoO u gat to work ƒσя it nani......... One love....... Abeg no tym to edit all typing error pls coz dem say tym nah Money here Lolz

7 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Freshie: 3:59pm On Sep 26, 2013
Tobi henryo: @Freshie..hope you re doing great?how is ur newborn baby doing?how is ur preparation for the baby going as well....wish you all the best.tobihenryO.

Yes o, I'm doing great. My wife and son were discharged from the hospital on Sunday, and I almost immediately took ill, stooling and vomiting but am ok now. I've picked up my son's birth cert from NPC, passport runs will be next week.

As soon as I get his passport, I'll email them requesting a date for an appointment. I sent them another email last week just for confirmation that we would come after Sep 30 and they said "your wife may come with her visa package any day Monday through Friday at 1:00pm before the expiration of her visa in February 2014".

We are still gathering ticket fees, by His grace we should travel before November 1.

Thanks grin

Have a nice day forumites!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by giddadon(m): 4:32pm On Sep 26, 2013
Congrats to all the winners,both those wey don go,those wey dey wait 4 interview and to those wey them dn interview,i say congratulation...the God wey do una own go do my own come octorber nxt mnth second batch selection...amen

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by usef83: 6:00pm On Sep 26, 2013
@giddadon,amen o..i claimed everythin without a seconds... with God all thi
ngs ar possible..

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 6:09pm On Sep 26, 2013
obinnaud:

I wud be going to Richmond Tx and I got my ticket for 150k Emirates airline

Nah wa o, we guys jst yapa 4 Tx gan ni.. Buh me Rooodboy goin 2 temmy area in Tx...pls does who goin 2 Tx, let rub mind on fb nw?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 6:11pm On Sep 26, 2013
giddadon: Congrats to all the winners,both those wey don go,those wey dey wait 4 interview and to those wey them dn interview,i say congratulation...the God wey do una own go do my own come octorber nxt mnth second batch selection...amen

Surely!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 6:46pm On Sep 26, 2013
akintunde95: @YUSMASHOO thanks 4 ur advises .... But one thing i hear dat affidavit is not recognise in DV LOTTERY
Affidavit from high court & federal court are highly recognize.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by babaajala: 10:51pm On Sep 26, 2013
rood boy:

Nah wa o, we guys jst yapa 4 Tx gan ni.. Buh me Rooodboy goin 2 temmy area in Tx...pls does who goin 2 Tx, let rub mind on fb nw?
@ roodboy i will be going to texas. but you can add me on facebook with my mail edojaandrew@gmail.com
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Husmern(m): 11:22pm On Sep 26, 2013
Amedino1:

OK!!!!! On 7th of Sept i miss my flight to TX(host n ticket issues).
On 20th my mumsy jez called me to come down to Airport coz my flight is 2:30pm via Qatar Airline......
I got to Airport 12noon,,, go for Checking of bag,dose peepz no take my tym(I gave dem #500naira for drink) den dey direct to to where to collect ticket(3mins), d Qatar staff gave me my boarding ticket 2nos(one to Doha n another to US) wit one form for Immigration, frm dere move to immigration side(spent like 3mins wit dem)....... Boarding room to enter dere nah problem coz i waz wit bottle of Coke(i finished my coke bfr dey allow me enter)))) sat for like 20mins dere bfr dey call us ƒσя boarding(after checking my hand luggage wit ticket..... Nah so i enter Plane Ooº˚°º≈º°˚ºoO,, nah omo yinbo plenty inside plane(dis peepz like business) wit few white n chico peez..... Locate my sit, i saw one blanket wit tooth brush, eyes cover, glove ,toothpaste n ear cover..... Nah dem start to dey grit us for inside plane(talk some many tinz but did not listening to dem(me nah lookin lookin i do n fearing dey my mind) coz i be JJC now,,, nah peepz jez dey belt me too don sharp.... Every wit diff Screen to watch Movie, play game, dey look map as d plane dey waka,,,,,nah so da plane waka Ooº˚°º≈º°˚ºoO 7hrs:3Omins to Doha,,,,,,, come see diff kind of Alcohol n soft drinks and food n fruit..its waz fun inside plane... We enter Doha Airport for Nite from Plane to Bus dis peepz make tinz very easy jawe,,,, dey drop us to omo side called transfer n Connection(me JJC refused to drop Ooº˚°º≈º°˚ºoO , i tot ll drop for Doha coz dat wat on my ticket, on getting to Doha nah security told me av miss road, but dey arranged anoda Car for me(Alcohol tinz working)......Doha airport is so so on point;;;Mosque dey and Shopping mall, Fast food, Smoking room, Slipping room so many tinz,,,,free internet self even work wit my BBM self.. After Six hrs stop over....I locate US flight side dere to my surprised nah only me be black inside plane(chico,indian n whitee nah dem plenty pass i tot it ll very boring bfr but even make sense pass d one frm naija.....(13hrs 30mins) nah so dem welcome me to JFK Airport 3:10pm American tym.........nah so dem direct me to Visiting side Ooº˚°º≈º°˚ºoO but over sabi i told d immigration officer dat i be citizen now, she smile n said i dnt av GC n Blue P yet,,,,nah so dem do finger print n i changed my add den take me to another room ƒσя tum Print n Sign......den go carry my bag n submitted d form dey gave inside plane... To my surprised to my host nah payment but i used lagos tinz relate wit on whitee dere dat i wanna d person dat ll pick, she gave me den called,,, he gave me direction.... Nah so Taxi man told me $70 to Port Authority...me; abeg collect $30....nah so d Taxi man vex leave me for dere Ooº˚°º≈º°˚ºoO said nah $60..... Called my host he gave me idea to do join Taxi whao dat waz wat am thinking bfr.... Me go straight to go for State Taxi$58 but later saw one nice lady dat we do join Taxi we share da money(me$20 n she paid da balance) to my surprised from Airport to Port Authority is jez like Mushin to Agege(is not up to 1hr drive self) getting to Port Authority i locate where to buy ticket for Bus(Greyhound Bus) surprised $20 wit wifi inside Bus to philadelphia park(2hrs drive),,,, frm dere Baba God welcome me wit cold Blessing Rain..... Still av to abeg for fone again to call my host,Thank he waz dere self waiting for me self nah he put my bag for motor carry me house Ooº˚°º≈º°˚ºoO Ooº˚°º≈º°˚ºoO................. 7days in Yankee dem don Carry me go New Jersey, New York, downTown, and Maryland........... Nah so i dey Port to United State of America Ooº˚°º≈º°˚ºoO........... My peepz Money no dey for tree here Ooº˚°º≈º°˚ºoO u gat to work ƒσя it nani......... One love....... Abeg no tym to edit all typing error pls coz dem say tym nah Money here Lolz
infact u dn author book mk u go publish.lol...i key in 2 ur success in landin safely...wht then happen 2 d green card fee payment receipt? d 1 paid online.. Dem neva ask 4 poe?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Amedino1: 1:36am On Sep 27, 2013
Husmern: infact u dn author book mk u go publish.lol...i key in 2 ur success in landin safely...wht then happen 2 d green card fee payment receipt? d 1 paid online.. Dem neva ask 4 poe?

Amen º°˚˚°ºo ,,,,,,,, nobody go ask u for dat for NY poe,,,,, nAh ur Naija Pali n Brown envelop dey important ƒσя POE
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Abrespect: 3:56am On Sep 27, 2013
I WAS 2 TRAVEL ON D 26TH SEPT, I'VE BOUGHT MY TICKET, AROUND 2.00AM, ARMED ROBBER CAME 2 MY HOUSE IN LAGOS, STOLE MY BAG CONTAININ MY DOCUMENTS & THEY HEAT GUN ON MY HEAD WHN I WAS DRAGIN MY BAG WIT DEM, RIGHT NOW I'M IN D HOSPITAL WHT SHOULD I DO?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Abrespect: 4:05am On Sep 27, 2013
PLS UR ADVICE IS NEEDED ON D POSSIBLE WAY OUT, I'M THINKING OF GOING 2 D EMBASSY AFTER I'M DISCHARGED 4RM HOSPITAL. DO I NEED A FRESH VISA OR WHAT SOME ONE SHOULD PLS TALK 2 ME.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Husmern(m): 6:30am On Sep 27, 2013
Amedino1:

Amen º°˚˚°ºo ,,,,,,,, nobody go ask u for dat for NY poe,,,,, nAh ur Naija Pali n Brown envelop dey important ƒσя POE
pls, 4 dt brown envelop(medical package), b lyk sey mine dn expire o because e dn pas 4mnths weh i do my medical, hop dem no fit delay me 4 poe?

(1) (2) (3) ... (848) (849) (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) ... (869) (Reply)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.