Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,534 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Why Are Producers Scared Of Script With NCC Number? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Are Producers Scared Of Script With NCC Number? (1766 Views)

Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers / Some Movies That Made Us Scared Of Sleeping Alone In The Room. / The Type Of Script/story Any Produce Is Dreaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Producers Scared Of Script With NCC Number? by powerofmap(m): 8:56pm On Nov 11, 2007
I and my friend happen to write a good script and we took it to some top producers in Nigeria and they all like it but as they found out that an NCC number is tagged on top they reply" We sorry we can't buy the script"

Why

Shalom!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Producers Scared Of Script With NCC Number? by Seun(m): 9:17pm On Nov 11, 2007
What's an NCC number and how do I get one?
Re: Why Are Producers Scared Of Script With NCC Number? by powerofmap(m): 12:17am On Nov 12, 2007
cheesy cheesy cheesy Baba Seun, I hail you pass, its the Nigerian Copyright Commission.As in got the Script Registered without incase someone steal the story,
Re: Why Are Producers Scared Of Script With NCC Number? by Seun(m): 5:48pm On Nov 12, 2007
How do you get a script registered and how much does it cost?
Re: Why Are Producers Scared Of Script With NCC Number? by sleekymag(m): 10:07am On Nov 13, 2007
To get a script copyright notification, you have to go to Nigerian Copyrights Commission (NCC) office (their name has been changed to Nigerian Intellectual Property Commission though they still use the NCC name). Their Lagos office is at Costain, close to the National Theatre at Iganmu. However, copyright to your literary work is not registrable, at least that was what i was told when i did for a particular film script i wrote 3 yrs ago. Rather what you get is copyright notification, since the Copyright Act says any original work created by a person, automatically vests that person with copyright without any formality as registration. The commission only notifies your work in case of future infringement.

They currently issue a copyright certificate as opposed to the letter-headed copyright notification they used to issue in the past. Method of getting the certificate involves getting an application form from their office, paying a certain sum (can't remember but i think its 5, 000 naira now) to their official bank account, submitting copies of your literary work (4, i think), and that should be about it. They'll then tell you to come for your certificate on a particluar date and that's it. So you need to go to their office first.

Hope you found this useful.
Re: Why Are Producers Scared Of Script With NCC Number? by sleekymag(m): 10:22am On Nov 13, 2007
However, if truth be told, most scripts in Nigeria today do not go through the Nigerian Copyrights Commission (a few do, though, but its not common). In the NCC, they are more used to issuing copyright notifications for literary materials (books).

Film works that get copyright notifications are those that have been already produced, and are in the format with which they will be in the market (i.e. VCDs, DVDs, and videotapes). And it is also one of the National Film and Video Censors Board requirement before approving any film work with censorship ratings.
Re: Why Are Producers Scared Of Script With NCC Number? by Seun(m): 1:33pm On Feb 10, 2008
Hmmm. Well at least it informs the producer that one is a serious writer, right?

(1) (Reply)

Tittle Of This Song / Season Movies Recommendation Needed ASAP / Don't Allow Your Young Ones To Watch:game Of Thrones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.