Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,742 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

If Jesus Was Rich... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus Was Rich... (1832 Views)

Jesus Was Not Even A Christian / What If Jesus Was Gay / What If Jesus Didn’t Fully Die? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Jesus Was Rich... by Goshen360(m): 7:25pm On May 01, 2012
Many people believe and taught that Jesus was rich simply because Jesus had an accountant or bag keeper. I was asking myself in an art of medication that,

If Jesus was rich then why would he command Peter to go get money from the mouth of the fish just to pay tax. Matt 17:27.

If Jesus was rich, why would he tell the rich man to go sell his possession and then follow him. Mark 10:21

If Jesus was rich, why did He had to perform miracle to feed 5,000 men rather than just feed them from his riches.

If Jesus was rich, why did he said he doesn't have a place to lay his head. I thought rich people will have enough money to buy or built a house. Matthew 8:20

If Jesus was rich then we (Christians/believers) should be poor 2 Cor. 8:9 says, "For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich".

As for me, I "think" I am rich because Jesus was poor.

Can we chew a little bit on this? grin
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by ProPastorChris(m): 9:33pm On May 01, 2012
@ OP

did you say if Jesus was rich?
dude, he was, is and will ever be rich. he got everything he needed and all at the time he needed them, what better meaning is it to be rich?

Jesus used the Word to produce everything he wanted and many more that cash could not provide.
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 01, 2012
Richness towards God in terms of righteousness and holiness is the key if I may add.

I have nothing against having wealth if it is not hoarded or used for selfish ends.
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by buzugee(m): 10:44pm On May 01, 2012
Goshen360: Many people believe and taught that Jesus was rich simply because Jesus had an accountant or bag keeper. I was asking myself in an art of medication that,

If Jesus was rich then why would he command Peter to go get money from the mouth of the fish just to pay tax. Matt 17:27.

If Jesus was rich, why would he tell the rich man to go sell his possession and then follow him. Mark 10:21

If Jesus was rich, why did He had to perform miracle to feed 5,000 men rather than just feed them from his riches.

If Jesus was rich, why did he said he doesn't have a place to lay his head. I thought rich people will have enough money to buy or built a house. Matthew 8:20

If Jesus was rich then we (Christians/believers) should be poor 2 Cor. 8:9 says, "For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich".

As for me, I "think" I am rich because Jesus was poor.

Can we chew a little bit on this? grin
you been listening to that charlatan 'fireman' grin grin
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by Goshen360(m): 10:50pm On May 01, 2012
Yo! What going on wit ya? Me fire man? I've the Holy Ghost teaching me and listening to the Holy Spirit pays more than ... grin grin grin
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by buzugee(m): 10:58pm On May 01, 2012
Goshen360: Yo! What going on wit ya? Me fire man? I've the Holy Ghost teaching me and listening to the Holy Spirit pays more than ... grin grin grin
grin grin grin nada chief. just woke up. feel like eating eba and orishirishi and whatnot but that aint going to happen. cry
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by Goshen360(m): 10:59pm On May 01, 2012
^
lolz. Don't derail this thread joor. Ki lo ma n se e gan na? grin
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by buzugee(m): 11:41pm On May 01, 2012
Goshen360: ^
lolz. Don't derail this thread joor. Ki lo ma n se e gan na? grin
my bad. e ma bi nu Sir cheesy
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by Goshen360(m): 11:59pm On May 01, 2012
^
No beef my brother. You are always on my side. Back to the thread, Se Jesu l'owo ni? Was Jesus rich or poor?
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by ijawkid(m): 7:11am On May 02, 2012
@goshen...
Jesus wasn't rich materially,but spiritually....

Infact we could say Jesus had notin materially....

He never rode on chariots,never had d best of dresses or gowns......

Apart frm d house he grew up from,Jesus never had a house of his own....

And for Jesus to tell that rich man to sell his possessions,showed how much Jesus viewd wealth.....

Jesus also lived a simple life,never wanting to put burden on any1....sometin we wanna learn as christians.....

Jesus knew his kingdom was no part of this world,so he knew acquiring and heaping wealth will be total waste of time,and so he told us to store up our treasures in heaven not in zenith,and gtb bank...lol..

Jesus encouraged hard work but dis-couraged an ambituous spirit to be rich,that he taught us when he gave d illustration of that rich man who tore down his former store house to build new bigger ones,forgetin that an end was imminent......

As christians our balanced view and prayers to God should be the 1 recorded @ proverbs 30:7-9...

The truth is many christians today are taught to believe that they can pray to God for wealth /riches but I can confidently say from d scriptures that God doesn't listen to such prayers....
God listens to heartfelt prayers like the one recorded in proverbs,and that is exactly what Jesus was when on earth..he was neither rich nor poor materially.....

Jesus told us to ask for daily bread,not wealth or yearly bread...Jesus was teaching us contentment....

1timothy 6:9-10 helps us see we should nt be determined to get rich,because when we do we certainly will get into trouble...

Contentment shuld be our password because we knw d world is and will pass away and its desires but he that does d will of God remains forever
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by brainpulse: 8:04am On May 02, 2012
ijawkid: @goshen...

And for Jesus to tell that rich man to sell his possessions,showed how much Jesus viewd wealth.....

Jesus also lived a simple life,never wanting to put burden on any1....sometin we wanna learn as christians.....

Jesus knew his kingdom was no part of this world,so he knew acquiring and heaping wealth will be total waste of time,and so he told us to store up our treasures in heaven not in zenith,and gtb bank...lol..

Jesus encouraged hard work but dis-couraged an ambituous spirit to be rich,that he taught us when he gave d illustration of that rich man who tore down his former store house to build new bigger ones,forgetin that an end was imminent......

As christians our balanced view and prayers to God should be the 1 recorded @ proverbs 30:7-9...

The truth is many christians today are taught to believe that they can pray to God for wealth /riches but I can confidently say from d scriptures that God doesn't listen to such prayers....
God listens to heartfelt prayers like the one recorded in proverbs,and that is exactly what Jesus was when on earth..he was neither rich nor poor materially.....

Jesus told us to ask for daily bread,not wealth or yearly bread...Jesus was teaching us contentment....

1timothy 6:9-10 helps us see we should nt be determined to get rich,because when we do we certainly will get into trouble...

Contentment shuld be our password because we knw d world is and will pass away and its desires but he that does d will of God remains forever

I like this
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by Goshen360(m): 1:11pm On May 02, 2012
@ ijawkid,

Great comments. Many years ago when I was still a boy back home in Nigeria, 1 Tim. 6:9-10 practically was fulfilled in my life when I was duped by all these 419 in attempt that they want us to buy some chemicals to produce money and then we share. That was when this kind of 419 stuffs was new then.lolz. I gave all my money then and alas, they parted with my money. grin shocked Can't understand why some/many preachers will go about saying Jesus was rich that's why he had accountant/bag keeper. I believe Jesus had accountant/bag keeper because people supported him during his ministry and gave him gifts so that may necessitate the role of a bag keeper. Most of these preachers that teaches such are usually these WoF preachers,lolz
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by Ptolomeus(m): 10:24pm On May 02, 2012
ProPastorChris: @ OP

did you say if Jesus was rich?
dude, he was, is and will ever be rich. he got everything he needed and all at the time he needed them, what better meaning is it to be rich?

Jesus used the Word to produce everything he wanted and many more that cash could not provide.
Mhhh something like a pastor today ...
They use the word art to enrich themselves easily and effortlessly ...
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by Image123(m): 11:41pm On May 02, 2012
Depends on your definition of rich. Jesus though, had all that He needed, plus a treasurer.
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by nuella2(f): 9:05am On May 03, 2012
A poor man is helpless, Jesus was not. His becoming poor is not about earthly currencies and estates.
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by Goshen360(m): 1:42pm On May 03, 2012
^
But this is the poor we are talking about. We all know he was rich in the things of the Spirit. How is he not poor in material things?
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by Dspiritcatalyst: 2:09pm On May 03, 2012
POOR MATERIALLY,BUT WEALTHY IN SPIRIT...AND I THINK BEING WEALTHY IN SPIRIT IS THE KEY TO A FULFILLED LIFE.AND THAT IS WHY PEOPLE WEALTHY IN SPIRIT WILL ALWAYS COMMAND RESPECT ANYTIME ANY DAY,IN AS MUCH AS THEY ARE STILL ON THE TRACK.

www.thespiritcatalyst.com
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by Goshen360(m): 2:17pm On May 03, 2012
^
Are you saying he wasn't poor materially ?
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by Ptolomeus(m): 4:31pm On May 03, 2012
The pity of it all is that Jesus was an ordinary man, with flaws and virtues of any man ....
They have invented an image of Jesus blond, blue-eyed, the chaste, poor, living preaching all the time ... It was really so?
I think those stories should enrage Jesus ...
But ... everyone to live their fantasy ...
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by buzugee(m): 5:18pm On May 03, 2012
No beef my brother. You are always on my side. Back to the thread, Se Jesu l'owo ni? Was Jesus rich or poor?
it is a privillege to be on your side Sir. you are the Chief Amuludun of Nairaland grin grin
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by buzugee(m): 5:20pm On May 03, 2012
ijawkid: @goshen...

NICE ONE
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by Goshen360(m): 6:12pm On May 03, 2012
buzugee: it is a privillege to be on your side Sir. you are the Chief Amuludun of Nairaland grin grin

This title wey you give me so, na whaooo,lolz. When you wan pure anointing oil for my head naw?lolz
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by buzugee(m): 6:23pm On May 03, 2012
Goshen360:

This title wey you give me so, na whaooo,lolz. When you wan pure anointing oil for my head naw?lolz
grin grin
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by Goshen360(m): 8:16pm On May 03, 2012
@ buzugee,
Abi no be so? As you na Apostle and Prophet, na you suppose anoint me to be pastor Goshen naw,lolz. So the anointing can then flow more than it is now. Abeg fix inauguaration date joor.lolz
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by ProPastorChris(m): 9:35pm On May 03, 2012
am shocked at how many of you keep saying Jesus was rich spiritually but not physically.

let me help you guys; your concept of affluence according to the scripture is wrong and twisted cos you guys are seeing this the way the world sees it.

remember; the spiritual rules the physical. being rich according to the bible is your ability to use the Word to produce for you anything you need. its not your ability to amass everything you can rather its your unwavering faith in the Word which always works for you.
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by nuella2(f): 8:10am On May 04, 2012
But this is the poor we are talking about. We all know he was rich in the things of the Spirit. How is he not poor in material things?

A rich man can get what he wants at the time he needs it, when Jesus needed to to feed five thousand people, without going to borrow from the bank he met that need, when he was to use a donkey he got it, Abi to pay tax e pay am.

He was independent of circumstances, he was never helpless materially or financially.

A poor man is disabled, he can't pay his children's school fees, can't feed,rent etc. A man may not have physical cash but he is rich cos he can get what he needs without necessarily having cash.

My point is Jesus becoming poor was not about earthly poverty. And what he delivered to us is not just about prosperity . There is more......
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by harakiri(m): 9:22am On May 04, 2012
@ProPastorChris

am shocked at how many of you keep saying Jesus was rich spiritually but not physically.

Can you quote ONE chapter or verse in the bible that indicates Jesus was rich physically? Just one?

let me help you guys; your concept of affluence according to the scripture is wrong and twisted cos you guys are seeing this the way the world sees it.

When you debunk something as being twisted and wrong, you should have the decency to explain your perspective thoroughly and provide an alternative.

remember; the spiritual rules the physical. being rich according to the bible is your ability to use the Word to produce for you anything you need. its not your ability to amass everything you can rather its your unwavering faith in the Word which always works for you.

You are simply vomiting all you've been spoon fed by Oyaks. That's the same brainwashing syndrome i keep talking about. Tomorrow Oyaks will say looting govt funds is not a "sin" and brainwashed people like yourselves will come here talking about what you have no idea of.

Pathetic!!!
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by harakiri(m): 9:35am On May 04, 2012
@nuella2

A rich man can get what he wants at the time he needs it, when Jesus needed to to feed five thousand people, without going to borrow from the bank he met that need, when he was to use a donkey he got it, Abi to pay tax e pay am.

Really? How come Ibori can't get his freedom now that he needs it? How come Yar Adua couldn't get his health back when he needed it? How come the creme de la creme of Nigeria can't have good roads to enjoy their high end cars when they need it? You people just come here talking nonsense all the time.

He was independent of circumstances, he was never helpless materially or financially.

...and yet,when he was starving on a sabbath (non-working day), he went into another man's field/farm to eat corn with his disciples claiming "he is the lord of the sabbath". Anyway you look at it, that was BREAKING AND ENTERING,STEALING AND UNAUTHORIZED INTRUSION INTO PRIVATE PROPERTY. That my friend, is a crime.

A poor man is disabled, he can't pay his children's school fees, can't feed,rent etc. A man may not have physical cash but he is rich cos he can get what he needs without necessarily having cash.

How? Do you even think while typing?

My point is Jesus becoming poor was not about earthly poverty. And what he delivered to us is not just about prosperity . There is more......

According to the biblical description of Jesus, he DID NOT BECOME POOR! He was poor throughout his entire life!!! He came from a poor background, he didn't hustle for wealth rather he was wandering on foot constantly through Samaria,Jerusalem, Bethlehem,Judah and Nazareth while being on the run from the Pharisees. Does this remotely sound like the life of a rich man? I think NOT! Learn to read and understand your bible yourself rather than swallow everything you're fed with during Sunday-Sunday brainwashing sessions.

Unbelievable!!!
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by nuella2(f): 9:55am On May 04, 2012
@Hakiri

When lions are talking goats don't understand. They don't speak the same language. Your mess Dey smell for this thread Abeg comet for my front. You know nothing about Jesus cos you don't believe in him the last time I checked.
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by dare2think: 10:10am On May 04, 2012
^^^^^

As expected!

A lazy person's approach to coherent and incisive debate will always be abusive!

Why not reply and counter his sensible arguments rather than using a lazy mind's approach?

Tell us, has harakiri lied in his post?
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by nuella2(f): 10:50am On May 04, 2012
Maybe you should read my post. Am not talking about men that are influential in this world. My definition is being rich is not according to this world. A man that is not born again may look rich man but he is poor before God.

Am not talking about getting an escape out of trouble cos your rich,there are consequences in wrong doing. Ibori
stole and he needs to pay for it.

Jesus didn't use a jeep but he got most of what he wanted at the time he needs it. A rich man can take a bike or trek that has not changed his status.

I born again man has the potential to have all he needs. Through grace and knowledge. He ought not to be helpless.

The point is Jesus may not have lived in a mansion but he didn't live a beggarly and helpless life.
Re: If Jesus Was Rich... by dare2think: 10:57am On May 04, 2012
Nicely put!

I'm sure Harakiri will have a better understanding of your points now. It's simple and precise and most importantly, your view.

All that Lion and Goat parable is really uneccessary,I can assure you that people tend to understand one more when abuses and insults are excluded.

But hey, we are all guilty of this as we are all humans.

So nuella, was Jesus rich physically. I mean as rich as our present day pastors?

Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Forgive A Witch Who Confessed of Killing All The Members of Your Family / Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems / Light Or Eyes: Which Came First?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.