Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,671 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform (10012 Views)

RIM Launches New Blackberry P’9983 $2,000 Worth Of Smartphone / Rim Launches Blackberry 9790 In Nigeria / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform by Aringon(m): 7:01am On May 02, 2012
BB is not just a phone that people will buy for the fun of it, it was and still meant for people that are busy and are always on the go. Eg the email stuff-if you are not in the office, you can receive ur email and reply to them instantly.

Please forget the pinging thing cos its just VAS, which of your phones receive email messages as fast as a BB? BB receives email faster than ur lappy or desktop computers.

If I should comment from the marketing point of view, just like bournvita which has more of chocolate, Milo has more of milk and the like, people that love more chocolate will always go for Bournvita and people that love milk will go for milo. Same thing with phones, nokia is known for longevity f battery, Samsung for aesthetic designs, Sony Ericsson for multimedia and BB meant for busy people on the go to receive the emails.

Except the advent of HTC and Iphone, but no matter what, there is no phone to be compared with. Go for the phone that suit your lifestyle. Some people bought BB just to be among, using it to ping alone and some bought Iphone for right or wrong reason and as for me, I will always go for my BB cos I am a buusy person and don't want to miss any emails, pinging is just by d way
Re: RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform by chucky234(m): 7:12am On May 02, 2012
Niseamaka: I DO NOT KNOW WHY NIGERIA BASED NIGERIANS ARE NUTTERS FOR BLACKBERRY
PHONES. THEY ARE NOT AMONG THE BEST SELLING PHONES IN THE WEST.SOMEONE
IS SURELY DOING A VERY GOOD JOB ADVERTISING BLACKBERRY PRODUCTS IN 9JA
AND EVERYONE SEEM TO BE IN THE TANK FOR THEM.
The last time I checked BB was still very high in demand in the US and UK,my white friend in CA dumped BB for android but has since re-embrace BB by buying bold5 because aside applications android seem not to guarantee same satisfaction BB gives.
Verizon is still the top carrier in the US with AT & T distant second yet you guys make it look as if BB only sell in Naija,used BB sell more than new ones in Nigeria so who are the ones buying the millions of new BB been push into the global market daily. The truth is that BB still have a large number of followers much more than iphones and android phones for the simple fact that BB phones are more appealing and affordable to large number of people not just in Nigeria but the world over.
I know so many of my british,American,Swedish and German friends who can do with BB phones despite having iphone 4s and ipads.
So people change that premature idea that BB phones sell only Naija as only the used ones sell much here which RIM makes nothing from its sales except the fraction of new ones being sold by MTN and Co as well as slot.
Re: RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform by Nobody: 7:32am On May 02, 2012
Hope d wil increase d power of dia ba3. . . . Or else to hell wit them. . . .
Re: RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform by Douglasdale(m): 8:05am On May 02, 2012
Wonder if it would work on my Bold 3?
Re: RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform by Nobody: 8:20am On May 02, 2012
The poor would always hate!!! Unfortunately every jack n jill now uses a BB........
Re: RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform by Nobody: 9:11am On May 02, 2012
Maybe BB will survive after all. wink
Re: RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform by dailynigerian: 11:29am On May 02, 2012
Blackberry to me personally is loosing guard in the mobile competition wars.

They dont really have any wicked innovation that is out of the ordinary going on.

The last sneak peak phone i saw for their potential new launch looked like an oldddd samsung.

I think they need to put more effort into product innovation, design and also open their platform so as to attract more users and also most importantly more app developers. BB app world is like a desert compared to Android and Iphone.

They should us ANDROIDDDDD !!!
Re: RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform by obimind(m): 11:32am On May 02, 2012
aieromon:

I can't laugh no matter how hard I try.
I'd advice u get a laughing gas. I think that will be of help.
Re: RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform by Vacora(m): 11:59am On May 02, 2012
Apparently this new OS will not work on old BB phones or models. Nigerians will have to fork out for newer Blackberry models
Re: RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform by cecegorz(m): 12:04pm On May 02, 2012
I hope RIM will be sensible enough to take the new set of hardwares that will run this OS 10
to at least 2GB RAM of internal memory.
What is the sense in running heavy OS in devices of paltry 512MB Ram, the OS alone will max
up the space, by the time you install 1 or 2 apps, freezing becomes the order of the day.

Who wants to be pulling off battery/hard reset at this age
Re: RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform by cecegorz(m): 12:09pm On May 02, 2012
^^^
O ga ooo

Seun, This your auto smiley, hope it also comes up when my words express serious vexing?
Re: RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform by Sike(m): 1:07pm On May 02, 2012
Vacora: Apparently this new OS will not work on old BB phones or models. Nigerians will have to fork out for newer Blackberry models
Re: RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform by denzel2009: 1:09pm On May 02, 2012
dailynigerian: Blackberry to me personally is loosing guard in the mobile competition wars.

They dont really have any wicked innovation that is out of the ordinary going on.

The last sneak peak phone i saw for their potential new launch looked like an oldddd samsung.

I think they need to put more effort into product innovation, design and also open their platform so as to attract more users and also most importantly more app developers. BB app world is like a desert compared to Android and Iphone.

They should us ANDROIDDDDD !!!

When you download an app from the marketplace, it automatically prompts where it would have unrestricted access to on your device like SD card, memory and then ask you to accept....blackberry doesn't like that.
Re: RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform by tpia5: 8:01pm On May 02, 2012
RIM offers Blackberry 10 prototypes to developers

Mobile phone maker Research in Motion has kicked off its annual conference by handing out thousands of prototypes for its next line of smartphones.

The devices - dubbed Blackberry 10 Dev Alpha - also offer a sneak preview of RIM's new operating system.

Both the OS and the new range of handsets are seen as hugely important as RIM struggles to compete with Google's Android and Apple's iOS.

RIM hopes it will inspire developers to create much-needed apps.

The prototype bears more of a resemblance to smartphones from competitors than many of its previous handsets.

The device comes without a keyboard, a feature which had previously set RIM apart from its rivals.

It is not the first time the company has relied on an on-screen keyboard, but a previous effort - in the Torch 9850 - was criticised in some reviews for being too cramped.

The firm was keen to stress that neither the hardware nor software released was a final version.

"The Blackberry 10 Dev Alpha is not a Blackberry 10 smartphone for end users nor does it run the final Blackberry 10 software - it's been created just for our developer partners to help them prepare for the launch of Blackberry 10," RIM said on its official blog.

"It's important to get this prototype into the hands of our partners now so that you can help us deliver the type of high-quality content that will make Blackberry 10 so special," it added.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-17907629
Re: RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform by tpia5: 8:06pm On May 02, 2012
Re: RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform by tpia5: 8:08pm On May 02, 2012
Blackberry's $10,000 app guarantee to developers

Blackberry developers are being offered a cash guarantee to encourage them to write programs for the handset's forthcoming system refresh.

Device-maker Research In Motion said it would ensure coders were paid at least $10,000 (£6,200) for any app certified for Blackberry 10 if they met its terms and conditions.

The system is largely incompatible with the company's existing phone software.

The announcement was made at the firm's annual developer conference in Florida.

Attendees were given an early version of development kit software to allow them to start work ahead of the launch.

The move has echoes of Microsoft's decision to help finance development of Windows Phone versions of big-name software.

However, investors appeared unconvinced by the news and RIM's shares fell nearly 6% on Tuesday.

Cash for quality

Alec Saunders, RIM's vice president of developer relations, made the payment guarantee announcement, describing it as a "massive investment in quality".

To qualify the app must have earned a minimum of $1,000 through its own efforts and have met the company's quality threshold.

Mr Saunders also revealed that there were now 99,500 software packages in the company's App World store, up from 70,000 at the turn of the year.

He added that 25% of them had been specifically built for the firm's Playbook tablet.

The news offered some reassurance to company watchers after it reported a $125m loss for its last quarter.

However, one analyst who attended Blackberry World said there were still big questions to be answered.

"We have only seen a protoytpe Blackberry 10 handset at the event," said David McQueen, principal analyst at Informa.

"We still want to know exactly what the new devices will look like, the power of the chips that will run them and what timeline they will be released against.

"There's also the issue that the new system is incompatible with its old software. So we want to know how the firm will deal with that bearing in mind that in emerging markets - where it is still a strong player - most users buy cheaper handsets running its older system software."

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-17926037
Re: RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform by newmaonza: 9:11pm On May 02, 2012
Niseamaka: I DO NOT KNOW WHY NIGERIA BASED NIGERIANS ARE NUTTERS FOR BLACKBERRY
PHONES. THEY ARE NOT AMONG THE BEST SELLING PHONES IN THE WEST.SOMEONE
IS SURELY DOING A VERY GOOD JOB ADVERTISING BLACKBERRY PRODUCTS IN 9JA
AND EVERYONE SEEM TO BE IN THE TANK FOR THEM.
All dis foreign based Nigerians sef, wetin b una own sef if na iphone una dey use catch trips dere enjoy & stop taking panadol on top our headache. . . Over sabi is dangerous 2 ya health
Re: RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform by steezyhere(m): 10:27pm On May 02, 2012
Its not about security or whatever that dude is trying to say, the simple truth is you spend less when using a blackberry than when you using ios, android etc. I use an android phone and also a bb, I'm still waiting to see a bb that can make skype calls but my android does that and a couple more....as for instant email, fb, twitter notifications.. common nokia phones can do that, the fact is if I'm to enjoy all of that on my android I'd have to pay 5k n above compared to bb where 1,5k will do the trick................. As for bb10 os I'm really syked, i just hope they don't do away with their qwerty keyboard
Re: RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform by chizoxavier(m): 5:50am On May 03, 2012
Clean blackberry storm2 (9550) for sale for 15k. In perfect working condition with 2gig memory card.

Re: RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform by chizoxavier(m): 5:51am On May 03, 2012
Clean blackberry storm2 (9550) for sale for 15k. In perfect working condition with 2gig memory card. Call 07082511577. First come first serve.
Re: RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform by Niseamaka(m): 10:21am On May 03, 2012
new maonza: All dis foreign based Nigerians sef, wetin b una own sef if na iphone una dey use catch trips dere enjoy & stop taking panadol on top our headache. . . Over sabi is dangerous 2 ya health

LOW SELF ESTEEM
Re: RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform by newmaonza: 11:08pm On May 03, 2012
Niseamaka:

LOW SELF ESTEEM
e ya. . . . .
Re: RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform by tonyx4x44(m): 6:35pm On Aug 05, 2012
NnamdiN:

@topic can the 9360 be upgraded to OS 10?
are you a learner - olamide
Re: RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform by mykali(m): 12:33pm On Aug 06, 2012
cecegorz: I hope RIM will be sensible enough to take the new set of hardwares that will run this OS 10
to at least 2GB RAM of internal memory.
What is the sense in running heavy OS in devices of paltry 512MB Ram, the OS alone will max
up the space, by the time you install 1 or 2 apps, freezing becomes the order of the day.

Who wants to be pulling off battery/hard reset at this age

THIS WAS THE NIGHTMARE i experienced with the CURVE 5 that i bought and sold in a month. the LAST BLackberry i will ever use till JESUS descends from the sky.

RIM IS PHHUCKED!!!
Re: RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform by drizzydprince: 9:45am On Oct 22, 2012
Blackberry Bold 5 New Version 9930 Brand new @70k........call 07084954496 & 08029941206(Lagos)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blackberry Os 7.1 Mobile Hotspot Does It Work On Mtn N3000 Bis / Best Sites To Download Apps For Nokia E6 / The Best Symbian Phone You Know & Why Its The Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.