Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria (26174 Views)

Glo Bolt Modem Is A Fraud. . .pls Dont Buy It / Which Is The Best Internet Modem For Home Use In Nigeria? / BEST MODEM In Nigeria:the Guides To "Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by ebamma(m): 8:22am On May 02, 2012
please i need reasonable answers

2 Likes

Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 03, 2012
Buy Glo Huawei Modem. It is the best.
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 5:23pm On May 03, 2012
It is MTN HSPDA 3.5G ZTE modem when it comes to those ones using SIM CARD

and you will enjoy it the most if you unlock it i.e make it universal

1 Like

Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by Obascoetubi: 5:25pm On May 03, 2012
I beg which modem cost low in nigeria
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 5:26pm On May 03, 2012
ebamma: please i need reasonable answers

When it comes to CDMA modems i.e those not using SIM CARD,I recommend MULTI LINKS EVDO modems

and I should have recommended STARCOMMS but they do not have enough network coverage

as I use Multilinks in Osogbo and Sagamu where I do live but that of starcomms?Network coverage never seen.......

2 Likes

Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by legalwealth(m): 5:31pm On May 03, 2012
Obascoetubi: I beg which modem cost low in nigeria

GLO netpro is 5,100 but you must subscribe for at least that 3,000 subscription before they can sell the modem for you

but MTN 3.G HSPDA ZTE is just 6,500 and the other one which 3.5G but Huawei is 5,500 and it is not compulsory you subscribe first.

Apart from those ones,the cheapest I think is Multilinks 1x 3G modem which you can buy new one for 2,500 via promo or from someone for less

and their current price is 4,500 from resellers but more cheaper at their office at Ibadan and Lagos.
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by slimyem: 5:36pm On May 03, 2012
i need this info too abeg...
I nor wan eneter one chance again o..cheesy
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 03, 2012
Delete this thread pls! SMH. What's next? Which cell phone is the best to use in Nigeria?
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by odeexpress(m): 5:44pm On May 03, 2012
MULTILINKS IS THE BEST

2 Likes

Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by drpompay(m): 5:45pm On May 03, 2012
for me, starcomm izap is the best,especially in areas where starcomms exist. u can do anything and download anything on line. with very few or no interrruption in services. indeed, starcomm is the best, hence mtn, glo modem has become an artefact in my library

2 Likes

Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by banky1987(m): 5:50pm On May 03, 2012
I pray this help you, if you want to get a modem you have to be sure that you have the 3G network in your area if MTN is the one that has 3G then go for it or ZAIN. In a situation where you don't have 3G at all then I sugest you go for CDMA. Zain is currently doing a promo now get a modem for 6 500. With 3gb free.
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by ONLINEbizDON4U(m): 5:54pm On May 03, 2012
banky1987: I pray this help you, if you want to get a modem you have to be sure that you have the 3G network in your area if MTN is the one that has 3G then go for it or ZAIN. In a situation where you don't have 3G at all then I sugest you go for CDMA. Zain is currently doing a promo now get a modem for 6 500. With 3gb free.

Forget! !!I saw ZAIN/AIRTEL latest modem and I don't like it at all and mind you,this is my area of speciality and don't try to tackle me............
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by ONLINEbizDON4U(m): 5:55pm On May 03, 2012
drpompay: for me, starcomm izap is the best,especially in areas where starcomms exist. u can do anything and download anything on line. with very few or no interrruption in services. indeed, starcomm is the best, hence mtn, glo modem has become an artefact in my library

You are right but their coverage is limited.................................
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by ONLINEbizDON4U(m): 5:55pm On May 03, 2012
odeexpress: MULTILINKS IS THE BEST

Thank you very much..............
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by ONLINEbizDON4U(m): 5:56pm On May 03, 2012
L u c i d:
Delete this thread pls! SMH. What's next? Which cell phone is the best to use in Nigeria?

Why?
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by ONLINEbizDON4U(m): 5:57pm On May 03, 2012
slimyem: i need this info too abeg...
I nor wan eneter one chance again o..cheesy

just try and see the best idea out from this thread and I wish you best of luck.......
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by dani1luv: 5:57pm On May 03, 2012
ETISALAT
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by amlydave: 5:58pm On May 03, 2012
As I write to u now am using an airtel modem on my laptop and I tell u what? It is super. You will get a free 2gb data after abt an hour usage. Its only 6,500. Happy surfing !
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by Upright750: 5:59pm On May 03, 2012
please has any one used this WiFi modem before. i saw it here in hong kong and they said it also work in Nigeria network but i want to be sure before buying it for personal use. they said once i put in my internet card and modem password it will automatically turn to WiFi network connection and it will give access to 4 to 5 devices at list i can use my I phone , I pad and laptop on one connection. Please i need one's advise if i should go on to buy or i should back off from it. it work here but im not sure of 9ja. The modem is very small thing like that . You can just put it in your pocket and it will be working with the device around you.
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by ONLINEbizDON4U(m): 6:03pm On May 03, 2012
amlydave: As I write to u now am using an airtel modem on my laptop and I tell u what? It is super. You will get a free 2gb data after abt an hour usage. Its only 6,500. Happy surfing !

That one is just marketing strategy man and let us wait and see and you know naija,those free Gs will removed wt style from you.
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by ONLINEbizDON4U(m): 6:04pm On May 03, 2012
Upright750: please has any one used this WiFi modem before. i saw it here in hong kong and they said it also work in Nigeria network but i want to be sure before buying it for personal use. they said once i put in my internet card and modem password it will automatically turn to WiFi network connection and it will give access to 4 to 5 devices at list i can use my I phone , I pad and laptop on one connection. Please i need one's advise if i should go on to buy or i should back off from it. it work here but im not sure of 9ja. The modem is very small thing like that . You can just put it in your pocket and it will be working with the device around you.

How much is it?

If it amounts to 25,000,I advise you to go and get MTN MIFI cuz it will do such a purpose perfectly
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by sholasong(m): 6:07pm On May 03, 2012
Upright750: please has any one used this WiFi modem before. i saw it here in hong kong and they said it also work in Nigeria network but i want to be sure before buying it for personal use. they said once i put in my internet card and modem password it will automatically turn to WiFi network connection and it will give access to 4 to 5 devices at list i can use my I phone , I pad and laptop on one connection. Please i need one's advise if i should go on to buy or i should back off from it. it work here but im not sure of 9ja. The modem is very small thing like that . You can just put it in your pocket and it will be working with the device around you.

it works, there are lots of it here, no cause for alarm.
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by amosy007: 6:22pm On May 03, 2012
Etisalat 4g... U unlock it and u are good to go... I bought mine around 11500 ... I get 2mb download speed which is abt 16-18mbit/sec
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by foemy: 6:24pm On May 03, 2012
ebamma: please i need reasonable answers
starcomms naa baba
Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by nyabingi(m): 6:30pm On May 03, 2012
[size=18pt]MOBITEL INDOORS DEVICE FOR SALE 8K, JUST LOAD YOUR PREFERRED PLAN AND BROWS, ITS VERY FAST. IF INTERESTED CALL 08025661684 OR EMAIL mekasplash@yahoo.com [/size]

1 Like

Re: Which Modem Is The Best To Use In Nigeria by kaiter: 6:40pm On May 03, 2012
You will get a free 2gb data after abt an hour usage. Its only 6,500. Happy surfing ![img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Download Season Movies Free Online With IDM. / Etisalat Offers 6 Month Free Internet Subscription / Mtn Data Sme Is Available 1gb@550, 2gb@1000 5gb@2450

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.