Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,835 members, 7,817,453 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? (2369 Views)

Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists / Questions For Evolutionists And Atheists / Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 02, 2012
Muslims can raise new topics in this general section which is all well and good.

But I raised a new topic in the ISLAM section which was deleted, a very inoffensive article if I may add.

Why do we now have a situation on this forum where one rule is made for only one particular sect and others can go 'hang'.

I understand radical Muslims are instilling fear into all and sundry worldwide , but this is an anonymous forum where freedom of speech should be of paramount importance, or is it

Atheists have turned the general section into a rude, bible bashing, Christian insulting and childish kindergarten-like place , but you never ever expect their posts to be deleted or comments for that matter.

I await further deletion of this article from the politically correct moderators.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by logicboy: 2:49pm On May 02, 2012
frosbel: Muslims can raise new topics in this general section which is all well and good.

But I raised a new topic in the ISLAM section which was deleted, a very inoffensive article if I may add.

Why do we now have a situation on this forum where one rule is made for only one particular sect and others can go 'hang'.

I understand radical Muslims are instilling fear into all and sundry worldwide , but this is an anonymous forum where freedom of speech should be of paramount importance, or is it

Atheists have turned the general section into a rude, bible bashing, Christian insulting and childish kindergarten-like place , but you never ever expect their posts to be deleted or comments for that matter.

I await further deletion of this article from the politically correct moderators.

Boko haram is dealing with their credibility? grin grin grin grin

However,to be honest, the problem is the layer of censorship that just makes non-muslims avoid commenting on islam.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by logicboy: 2:50pm On May 02, 2012
However, you're an islamophobe
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by JeSoul(f): 3:03pm On May 02, 2012
frosbel: Muslims can raise new topics in this general section which is all well and good.

The title of their forum does say "Islam for muslims. Muslims only please". So my guess is any non-muslims would be allowed at the discretion of their mods, and of course 'discretion' is subjective. Are muslims being treated differently? yes, they have a seperate section, Seun's perogative and we have to deal with it as we're on his forum. Don't forget he was threatened with a fatwa...Frosbel will you protect him when they go after him? lol.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by Jenwitemi(m): 3:07pm On May 02, 2012
Christian fatwa to be placed on Seun, anyone?
JeSoul:
The title of their forum does say "Islam for muslims. Muslims only please". So my guess is any non-muslims would be allowed at the discretion of their mods, and of course 'discretion' is subjective. Are muslims being treated differently? yes, they have a seperate section, Seun's perogative and we have to deal with it as we're on his forum. Don't forget he was threatened with a fatwa...Frosbel will you protect him when they go after him? lol.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 02, 2012
JeSoul:

Indeed, Indeed !!

A volatile lot grin

1 Like

Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by Jenwitemi(m): 3:21pm On May 02, 2012
Frosbel, your wahala too much. What are you looking for in that section, anyway? This place isn't big enough for you or non-christians aren't a handful for you already? Wetin dey carry you go for mullah section? You dey look for persecution everywhere, no?
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by italo: 3:21pm On May 02, 2012
JeSoul:

and what does the title or the religion section say?

"Religion: Share your faith and belief in God or higher powers here."

are the mods religious people or people of faith? if not, why not?

if they are, why do they allow contents that are contrary or even insulting to faith and general belief in God or deities?

do we have to threaten Seun's life first?
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by Snowwy: 3:39pm On May 02, 2012
@Jesoul, your response to Frosbel shows that atheist should not be welcomed on the religious board as well as it is a place to 'share our belief in God...or any higher powers'. These atheists claim not to believe in God or any higher power. Therefore it is one of two things:

1. The MODs are allowing this slip
2. The atheists actually believe in God but use the cloak of the privacy of the internet names to masquerade as atheists.

I chose the latter though.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by JeSoul(f): 3:42pm On May 02, 2012
italo:

and what does the title or the religion section say?

"Religion: Share your faith and belief in God or higher powers here."

are the mods religious people or people of faith? if not, why not?

if they are, why do they allow contents that are contrary or even insulting to faith and general belief in God or deities?

do we have to threaten Seun's life first?

Dude, you're preaching to the choir. I don't make the rules around here. The religion section is for any and all things religion-related apart from Islam - Pro-religion, anti-religion, don't-know religion.

As a christian myself, I expect a higher threshold of tolerance & patience from christians towards others - or else our faith is worthless.

frosbel:

Indeed, Indeed !!

A volatile lot grin

You no answer my kweshion, will you protect Seun if they go after him? cheesy

Jenwitemi: Christian fatwa to be placed on Seun, anyone?
lol, any takers for an Atheist fatwa? cheesy

Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by JeSoul(f): 3:44pm On May 02, 2012
Snowwy: @Jesoul, your response to Frosbel shows that atheist should not be welcomed on the religious board as well as it is a place to 'share our belief in God...or any higher powers'. These atheists claim not to believe in God or any higher power. Therefore it is one of two things:

1. The MODs are allowing this slip
2. The atheists actually believe in God but use the cloak of the privacy of the internet names to masquerade as atheists.

I chose the latter though.
Pls see my reply to Italo. The religion section is an umbrella section for all things related to religion - and atheism obviously is. Are we only to be tolerant of views and opinions that we agree with? is that how we will make a difference?
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by Snowwy: 3:58pm On May 02, 2012
@Jesoul,
I have no issues with anyone being on the forum, however, to be fair, the yardstick used on the muslim section should be used on the general religion board.

However, you have proven two salient points:

1. Aethism is a religion afterall
2. Islam is not tolerant esp. With what we have seen in the world and Nigeria.

I just needed the clarity.
Thanks and weldone.

JeSoul: Pls see my reply to Italo. The religion section is an umbrella section for all things related to religion - and atheism obviously is. Are we only to be tolerant of views and opinions that we agree with? is that how we will make a difference?
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by JeSoul(f): 4:11pm On May 02, 2012
Snowwy: @Jesoul,
I have no issues with anyone being on the forum, however, to be fair, the yardstick used on the muslim section should be used on the general religion board.
Oga, I'll be the first to tell you the yardsticks used across various sections on NL are not equal lol. If you spend anytime in the politics section you'll see bans are (and have to be) dished out daily to numerous posters, as its a popular board and gets a ton of traffic. Here bans are rare as its a smaller family and people generally ease up when adviced. I don't want us (religion section) to be a "tight" and "rigid" as the islam section, it'll take all the fun away.

However, you have proven two salient points:

1. Aethism is a religion afterall
grin na you talk am oh! lol.

2. Islam is not tolerant esp. With what we have seen in the world and Nigeria.

Well, the people who threatened and forced Seun into making a seperate section certainly weren't.

I just needed the clarity.
Thanks and weldone.
Oga you're welcome.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by LagosShia: 6:45pm On May 02, 2012
honestly speaking,"frosbel" is in the habit of creating very provocative threads with either the aim to insult or talk down on others or simply promote ignorance.you know very well that any thread about Islam created in the religion forum,would end up being moved to the Islam section.and in the Islam section it would be at the mercy of the moderators there who are Muslim.you are not a muslim,so why bother in trying to present a wrong image of Islam?

that aside,even myself as a Muslim,and having alot to share with the others in the Islam section have faced the scenario where my thread was deleted because deleted because the mod wrongly thought it was offensive to Sunnis.in fact even though i am Shia and that thread carries alot of weight for Shia Muslims,the thread is really not offensive to Muslims.anyways,the thread was deleted.so i finally opened another thread for dialogue with the mod.i finally was told the title was offensive so instead of only editing or changing the title he altogther deleted the post.we finally reached a conclusion where i agreed to edit my thread and remove the "offensive" adjective and the mod allowed the thread to be.

my advice to you is to start constructive threads with the aim of engaging others in reasoning.God knows my thread was not aimed at offending my Sunni brothers but telling them to wake up.and because i know i was not aiming to offend anyone,i edited my thread so that it looks less controversial and the mod allow it to be posted.

so frosbel,you dont go into discussions with the aim of formenting trouble.you know how the situation in the religion forum between you and I used to be.mostly,muslims in the religion forum do not start threads to offend anyone.they start threads to educate about Islam and those threads end up in the Islam section (moved by the moderator).so most of the contributions of muslims in the religion forum is taking part in threads started by non-muslims and contributing to them.yourself "frosbel" turned the religion forum into a playground to attack Islam and insult muslims at will.but at a point,it became a competition between me and you.i also started creating provocative threads against christianity and still take part and contribute in your threads.when many people complained of the situation here then you stopped your provocation and i also stopped my retaliation.now the religion forum is peaceful where people air their views without the goal of targetting others.to a lesser extent the christians and atheists are fighting it out.anyways,to cut things short,there is really no need to offend or insult anyone.it would not make your religion more attractive nor will it convince me to follow you if you apply insults and low morals.

everyone is entitled to his beliefs,opnions and ways.so try to contribute and open threads that others dont perceive as provocation.open threads to teach.whenever i want to start a thread to draw people to Shia (Islam),i start threads that Sunnis would see as educative and revealing.i even use their books and references to make my case since we share many things in common.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by logicboy: 6:55pm On May 02, 2012
LagosShia: honestly speaking,"frosbel" is in the habit of creating very provocative threads with either the aim to insult or talk down on others or simply promote ignorance.you know very well that any thread about Islam created in the religion forum,would end up being moved to the Islam section.and in the Islam section it would be at the mercy of the moderators there who are Muslim.you are not a muslim,so why bother in trying to present a wrong image of Islam?

that aside,even myself as a Muslim,and having alot to share with the others in the Islam section have faced the scenario where my thread was deleted because deleted because the mod wrongly thought it was offensive to Sunnis.in fact even though i am Shia and that thread carries alot of weight for Shia Muslims,the thread is really not offensive to Muslims.anyways,the thread was deleted.so i finally opened another thread for dialogue with the mod.i finally was told the title was offensive so instead of only editing or changing the title he altogther deleted the post.we finally reached a conclusion where i agreed to edit my thread and remove the "offensive" adjective and the mod allowed the thread to be.

my advice to you is to start constructive threads with the aim of engaging others in reasoning.God knows my thread was not aimed at offending my Sunni brothers but telling them to wake up.and because i know i was not aiming to offend anyone,i edited my thread so that it looks less controversial and the mod allow it to be posted.

so frosbel,you dont go into discussions with the aim of formenting trouble.you know how the situation in the religion forum between you and I used to be.mostly,muslims in the religion forum do not start threads to offend anyone.they start threads to educate about Islam and those threads end up in the Islam section (moved by the moderator).so most of the contributions of muslims in the religion forum is taking part in threads started by non-muslims and contributing to them.yourself "frosbel" turned the religion forum into a playground to attack Islam and insult muslims at will.but at a point,it became a competition between me and you.i also started creating provocative threads against christianity and still take part and contribute in your threads.when many people complained of the situation here then you stopped your provocation and i also stopped my retaliation.now the religion forum is peaceful where people air their views without the goal of targetting others.to a lesser extent the christians and atheists are fighting it out.anyways,to cut things short,there is really no need to offend or insult anyone.it would not make your religion more attractive nor will it convince me to follow you if you apply insults and low morals.

everyone is entitled to his beliefs,opnions and ways.so try to contribute and open threads that others dont perceive as provocation.open threads to teach.whenever i want to start a thread to draw people to Shia (Islam),i start threads that Sunnis would see as educative and revealing.i even use their books and references to make my case since we share many things in common.

This is the only opic that I have seen atheists, christians and agnostics agree. Having a separate section for muslims is a sign of intolerance. Sorry. There are pagans and christians and agnostics here, no religion deserves special treatment. We each get our sections or everyone shares a section.

Muslims on Nairaland are shooting themselves in the foot. You pushing people away from your religion.

Frosbel might be an islamophobe but he is right on this one
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by thehomer: 7:10pm On May 02, 2012
LagosShia: honestly speaking,"frosbel" is in the habit of creating very provocative threads with either the aim to insult or talk down on others or simply promote ignorance.you know very well that any thread about Islam created in the religion forum,would end up being moved to the Islam section.and in the Islam section it would be at the mercy of the moderators there who are Muslim.you are not a muslim,so why bother in trying to present a wrong image of Islam?

These are the reasons why I simply cannot take Islam seriously as an intellectual activity. With all these claims of offense and death threats, how can one actually take the claims seriously and scrutinize them? Then on an open public forum, a Muslim moderator bans a post by another Muslim on the grounds of offense? Sheesh. A non-Muslim could say that they find the idea of the prophet Mohammed being the last prophet offensive or that he had a child bride offensive and on these grounds ban any attempts at introducing Islam since they find the founder of the religion so offensive.
I don't know if Muslims realize this but all the violence and death threats in the name of their religion doesn't make them respectable or their ideas respected. It simply does the opposite. It makes others view Muslims as children who cannot take criticism and scrutiny so others should treat them with kid-gloves lest they go on another tantrum.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by LagosShia: 8:46pm On May 02, 2012
thehomer:

These are the reasons why I simply cannot take Islam seriously as an intellectual activity. With all these claims of offense and death threats, how can one actually take the claims seriously and scrutinize them? Then on an open public forum, a Muslim moderator bans a post by another Muslim on the grounds of offense? Sheesh. A non-Muslim could say that they find the idea of the prophet Mohammed being the last prophet offensive or that he had a child bride offensive and on these grounds ban any attempts at introducing Islam since they find the founder of the religion so offensive.
I don't know if Muslims realize this but all the violence and death threats in the name of their religion doesn't make them respectable or their ideas respected. It simply does the opposite. It makes others view Muslims as children who cannot take criticism and scrutiny so others should treat them with kid-gloves lest they go on another tantrum.

i thnk in all sincerity mature and responsible Muslims would also see your likes as childish.why in God's name would you judge the religion because of what people who claim to adhere to the religion do? why dont you find out what the religion says?

for instance you mentioned the issue of "child bride" and the Prophet (sa).have you bothered to see if that story is true and if there is a differing account on that? i would not blame you much because you may be misinformed.but take someone like "frosbel" to whom this particular subject was clarified severally.yet still,from time to time "frosbel" goes on to open a thread on the same topic repeatedly to "bash" Islam and "insult" Muslims."frosbel" has being told the age of Aisha is not certain but based on speculation,interpretation and sectarian views-that her age could have being 19 years old when she was wedded by the Prophet (sa).the same goes about repeating the "hadith of 72 virgins" even after Muslims have made it known that this hadith is an isolated report in one Sunni book of hadith,weak and rejected even by the Sunnis and likewise the issue "satanic verses" or "hadith of al-Gharaniq" (which is internally and externally contradictory and weak) found in a sunni source.to someone like "frosbel" he sees such an offensive repetition as trade.he doesn't mind insulting others and basing his attack on falsehood so far as he is bringing down others especially Muslims/Islam who are seen by him as threat to christianity.

i don't think the Muslims do not want to reach out to non-muslims or engage them intellectually.Islam out of all religions tells us to engage people:

Holy Quran 16:125
"Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided".

so really if you want to reason,then you are welcome.but someone like "frosbel" does not reason at all.i am not saying i myself did not feel wronged when my thread was deleted for being offensive to Sunnis.but since i was not intending to offend Sunnis but to propagate my beliefs to them and win them,i toned down my thread to reach out to them.if you are also reaching out to people,you must know that by insulting them or making them feel offended,you will not get your message across.

as regarding the Muslims having a section to themselves,and others not having,that should be discussed with the forum administrator.i dont think you can group people with opposing beliefs and ask them to share their beliefs without resulting in conflict especially when there are members who have no morals or respect.muslims can survive in one forum with christians and others by each group contributing in kindness and respect.but if effort is directed towards offending and insulting others,then there will be conflict.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by usisky(m): 8:49pm On May 02, 2012
^^^^Mr homer- you are partly correct. The attitude of the "muslims" toward criticism from other faiths is pathetic. How can u speak about other faiths and not expect others to do same? Such intolerance is unacceptable within the folds of intellectuals. However mr homer, i do not concur with the idea of judging a system(as islam) on the grounds of the behaviour of those who claim they are a part of such system. If one claims to be educated, don't we have to put him to a test to confirm such claim? In the same wise, we, the true muslims- the ones who follow true islam, we put the "muslims" to test everyday -check out our websites . Believe me; they fail all the time.

Www.submission.org www.miracleof19.org www.masjidtucson.org www.19.org

we live by Clear evidence and not faith. So also should any reasoning mind. Shalom!
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by LagosShia: 8:54pm On May 02, 2012
usisky: ^^^^Mr homer- you are partly correct. The attitude of the "muslims" toward criticism from other faiths is pathetic. How can u speak about other faiths and not expect others to do same? Such intolerance is unacceptable within the folds of intellectuals. However mr homer, i do not concur with the idea of judging a system(as islam) on the grounds of the behaviour of those who claim they are a part of such system. If one claims to be educated, don't we have to put him to a test to confirm such claim? In the same wise, we, the true muslims- the ones who follow true islam, we put the "muslims" to test in our everyday life and on our websites to confirm their claims. Believe me; they fail all the time.

Www.submission.org www.miracleof19.org www.masjidtucson.org www.19.org

we live by Clear evidence and not faith. So also should any reasoning mind. Shalom!

you are promoting a modern cult (with no intellectual base) similar to those in christianity in early america like the seventh-day adventists and their likes.

you dont have to attack others and engage in character assasination for you to make your case if you are good-willed.try to have a good intention for others.

you particularly have written posts and threads that can fill newspapers (to promote the "submitters" sect) and others including myself (who is Shia and differs from the majority here)have engaged you intellectually.you make little sense and you are overly dramatic and emotional.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by usisky(m): 9:07pm On May 02, 2012
^^^^Mr lagoshia, thank you.

we dont' have to derail this thread. Maybe we should go continue our ealier discussion where we had stopped. Dramatic? Emotional? How and when? A new age sect u have insinuated; i think that should be left for the audience to investigate. Move over to the islamic section so we may further our discourse. Salaam.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by LagosShia: 9:25pm On May 02, 2012
usisky: ^^^^Mr lagoshia, thank you.

we dont' have to derail this thread. Maybe we should go continue our ealier discussion where we had stopped. Dramatic? Emotional? How and when? A new age sect u have insinuated; i think that should be left for the audience to investigate. Move over to the islamic section so we may further our discourse. Salaam.

my friend,i am always ready to be in the islamic section or any section including this section to defend and promote my beliefs as a Muslim firstly and also as a follower/SHIA of the Ahlul-Bayt (as),the safinatun-najat (ark of salvation) and the part of the "Two Weighty Things" mentioned in "Hadith ath-Thaqalain" we are ordered by Allah (swt) to take guidance from after the Prophet (sa).

the discussion with you being a so called "Quranist" or "submitter" is quite easy and straightforward to go through.it is even easier and not hectic because there is no use of hadith.we only use the Quran to convince you have no basis for rejecting the true/sahih hadiths narrating the words and life of the Prophet (sa).the presence of fabricated or false hadith which the Quran asks us to reject does not give you the right to also reject well-established,accepted and true hadiths.

we can go to the islamic section if you are willing to reason.otherwise long,tedious and boring posts you write which hardly make sense to convince me i should throw away all hadiths and hide myself under a blanket does not make sense to me.if we are to be intellectually sound and examine all things,examining or reading hadiths or any literature including the bible or even the hindu scriptures is something good.we muslims are meant to read and think and see the truth and appreciate it.you have made rejecting hadith an aqeedah (doctrine) and that has no basis in the spirit of Islam.you are unfortunate to be a victim of a man who wanted fame and has made a sect out of nothing.your rejection of hadiths as a dcotrine within the islamic circle is similar to the jehovah's witnesses in the christian circle who identify themselves with beliefs like not celebrating birthdays,not saluting a flag or singing national anthems and not taking blood transfusion.honestly,even the jehovah's witnesses look smarter because in one way or the other they can bring a bible verse to support their views according to how they want to interprete it.

so if you intend to engage me,do that while keeping in mind that we must head to a conclusion and result.we dont go on and on for the sake of argument.others who identify themselves as "sunni" have done that and i really dont waste time with them.so you are welcome to engage me and let us reason.and i think we have done that before and if there is anything we have not discussed we can do it again.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by LagosShia: 9:26pm On May 02, 2012
frosbel have opened this thread (to complain) in the Islam section and thankfully the moderator who deleted his thread is there to defend himself and responded :

https://www.nairaland.com/928093/islam-section-becomes-no-go
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by usisky(m): 9:31pm On May 02, 2012
@Frosbel

sorry about your ordeal in the hands of the not so tolerant mods on the other side. I feel your heart ache towards such behaviour cos i used to be treated same. Somehow, they have softened up on me recently. Anyway mr frosbel, i believe you not entirely forthright yourself. I remember commenting on one of your thread, and i made it clear to you then that these guys u know as "muslims" aren't at all muslims. And that if u were sincere on finding out about true islam we should chat. But u ignored. Obviously, u were just out to discredit the so called muslims regardless of whether they represent the true teachings of quran or not. Anyways, i'll say this again: todays islam has got absolutely nothing to do with God, quran or muhammad. Don't take my word for it. Verify the evidence: www.submission.org www.miracleof19.org www.19.org www.masjidtucson.org. Pardon any typo(using ma phone). Peace.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by Kay17: 10:12pm On May 02, 2012
I was banned from the section, because according to the mod, my views on islam was not agreeable with his. It only proves the negative side of islam and how ugly and far it can go to establish the most ridiculous censorships.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by LagosShia: 10:45pm On May 02, 2012
and here is the thread "frosbel" is defending and promoting;judge for yourselves:

https://www.nairaland.com/928657/heres-post-that-deleted-islam
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by LagosShia: 10:47pm On May 02, 2012
Kay 17: I was banned from the section, because according to the mod, my views on islam was not agreeable with his. It only proves the negative side of islam and how ugly and far it can go to establish the most ridiculous censorships.

never knew you are muslim!!!LOL
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by ProPastorChris(m): 10:58pm On May 02, 2012
Is Seun a muslim?
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by LagosShia: 11:19pm On May 02, 2012
ProPastorChris: Is Seun a muslim?

inshaAllah!
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by ProPastorChris(m): 6:16am On May 03, 2012
So this Seun is a muslim no wonder he carved out a separate section for his religion, smart guy.

But he forgot that this action is a clear apathy against others. He should have made a separate section for christians too while putting every other ones in another section knowing fully well that the two major groups are christians and muslims.

Mr Seun look into this matter and make immediate amends or else you are being partial which is unfair and wrong.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by Kay17: 9:41am On May 03, 2012
^^ he is not a muslim, some muslims organized a fatwa for him. So he had to use his brakes.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by LagosShia: 10:09am On May 03, 2012
"frosbel",you presented to us in the religion forum,what was deleted in the Islam section.so why did you end up deleting your thread after the rebutta; i gave on the article you posted in the thread and also after you were losing in the poll as majority members voted that they view your thread offensive?

for the record,here is the article "frosbel" posted quoted and my rebuttal:

frosbel:

Islamic Terror Attacks: What is to Blame? by DR. LAINA FARHAT-HOLZMAN

There are two ways to analyze the violent eruption of global terrorist attacks that have marked the past three decades: analyze the nature of the threat and the culture supporting it, or blame it all on the evils of Western colonialism and American militarism. The latter analysis is the choice of the "politically correct," who say that terrorism is as rampant in the West as it is in the Muslim world. A truth check, however, will tell us that for every Western terrorist (such as Timothy McVeigh), there are hundreds almost exclusively from the Muslim world.

If colonialism is the villain of this piece, why do ideologues only talk about Western colonialism? Why ignore that Arab Muslims (and European Christians) suffered under 500 years of Ottoman Turkish colonialism well before Western colonization? And how about the Muslim world in Central Asia that suffered under both Russian Tsarist and Communist colonialism?

Arabs themselves were dreadful imperialists (700-1,000 A.D.) and every land they conquered is still dysfunctional today, according to Harvard economics professor, Eric Chaney: " Democratic Change in the Arab World, Past and Present," in the April 7 Economist and Fareed Zakaria in Time, April 7. Wherever Arabs conquered, good governance and economic development were smothered, as they are today. This is even true for countries temporarily conquered but not converted to Islam by the Arabs (Spain, Portugal, Southern Italy).

Islamist terrorism is not just aimed at the West (revenge for colonization), but also at Thailand (Buddhist); Muslim Indonesia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Saudi Arabia; and Nigeria, where jihadis murdered Christian church goers on Easter Sunday. Black slavery was an Arab business long before it was European.

American deniers and apologists for Islamist terrorism have a colleague in Canada: Mira Blinkers, president of "Canadians-are-Under-No-Threat," who has passionately denounced the treatment of "captive insurgents" (her term for terrorists) and thinks that they should not only be treated better, but should be integrated into Canadian society. The current object of her attention is Afghan jihadi, Ahmed Allah-Akbar.

The satirical website, British Freedom, has offered an imaginary letter from Canada's Department of Defence, providing Ms. Blinker with a new "Adopt-a-Jihadist" program designed specifically for her. (See britishfreedom.org/canada's-new-adopt-a-jihadist-program/)

"In accordance with the guidelines of this new pilot program, we have decided to release one terrorist and place him in your custody. I am pleased to inform you that your personal detainee has been selected and is scheduled for transportation under heavily armed guard from Pearson International to your residence in Toronto next Thursday.

Ahmed Allah-Akbar (you can just call him Ahmed) is to be cared for pursuant to the standards you personally demanded in your letter of complaint. In other words, the standards which you and most people of your ideological persuasion demand of civilized democracies like Israel, but not of Islamic dictatorships.

We understand that you plan to offer counseling and home-schooling. Be warned. Your adopted terrorist is extremely proficient in hand-to-hand combat and can extinguish human life with such simple items as a pencil or nail clippers. We advise that you do not ask him to demonstrate these skills at your yoga class or while you are piloting your Cessna aircraft. He is also expert at making a wide variety of explosive devices from common household products, so you may wish to keep those items locked up, unless you think that this might offend him. [Canada permits ruinous lawsuits against those who "offend" Islamists.]

You will appreciate that Ahmed, as an Islamic fundamentalist, views females as a subhuman property without rights, including the right to refuse his intimate demands. This is a particularly sensitive subject for him and he has been known to show violent tendencies around women who fail to comply with the new dress code that he will "recommend" as more appropriate attire. I'm sure that, over time, you will come to enjoy the anonymity offered by the burka. Just remember that it is all part of 'respecting his culture and religious beliefs' as described in your letter."

The letter was signed by "General I. M. Perturbed." A man after my own heart.

Read more: Family Security Matters http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/publications/detail/islamic-terror-attacks-what-is-to-blame?f=must_reads#ixzz1tkL9QoDc
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

MY REBUTTAL TO THE ARTICLE "frosbel" USED (quoted above) TO START HIS THREAD THAT WAS DELETED

first let me start with the title of the post:"islamic terror attacks".

what makes a terror attack "islamic"? does it mean any attack or action a Muslim commits becomes automatically "islamic" and supported by the religion of Islam?she (the author) claims in the article that there is a "culture supporting it". I dont think so.i feel offended for holding Islam responsible when any muslim commits a crime.and that standard is not upheld against judaism or christianity when their adherents commit crimes.

now let us ask ourselves who really is a "muslim terrorist"? is a boko haram,wahhabi alqaeda-oriented-group member blowing up innocent civilians,the same as a palestinian fighting against zionist occupation of palestine,which is his ancestral home?we have to distinguis between the real terrorist and a resistance fight who is fighting against occupation of his land.in the sight of a palestinian,the west which supports israel to kill his people,take his land,and displace his people is terrorist just as alqaeda (made by western intelligence) is to the west presently.that is a valid distinction we must be able to make.

she spoke of ottoman coloization.does this woman really know how more evil and wicked western colnization is? the arab muslims allied themselves with western powers to fight against the ottomans during world war 1.the ottomans were allied with the germans.the arabs were dissatisfied with ottoman rule.the west promised the arabs that if they revolt and weaken the ottomans,a german ally,they will give independence to the arab territories.the arabs did revolt and the ottoman empire was dissolved and the germans defeated.what did the west do? they divided arab territories among themselves and colonize them and made the balfour declaration promising the zionist jews to give them palestine.furthermore,upon independence,the west installed and supported dictatorial monarchies in the middle east from which arabs still suffer in places such as saudi arabia and other places after independence like egypt and yemen.why should the "democratic west" support or collaborate with dictators who deny their people's will? the dictators ofcourse with complacence from the west in legitimizing their rule in the international community,act as puppets for the west and their neo-colonial policies.the west has supported governments in the middle east against the interests of minority groups such as christians as long as those countries supply them with oil and promote western policies and safeguard the interest of apartheid israel.the western imeprialism is spoken most against because of its effect all over the world including africa,latin america,asia and not only in the middle east.the effect is also long lasting and still being felt and ongoing.

the author is so racist that she says anywhere arabs conquere the land become dysfunctional.she forgets that islamic civilization brought by the arabs reached its peak at a time europe was in darkness.arab and muslim scientists made very important contributions to humanity that were built upon later to reach the present advancement and progress we enjoy.in spain and portugal where catholicism and roman rule maltreated the people became centers of admiration and great architecture flourishing in many fields.cities like cordoba and grenada are popular to this day for their great architecture and beauty during muslim rule of the iberian peninsula.

her bias and prejudiced attitude is clearly displayed.in thailand where muslims are oppressed and as in the phillipines,she consider them to be "terrorists".those people may have used wrong methods to fight for their cause.or their just and righful cause may have been exploited by western engineered alqaeda.nontheless,you cannot discredit these people for being separatists or fighting for rights in their countries against their governments.also,clashes between muslims and christians (i.e the adherents) and between one religious group and another is different from terrorism that is perpetrated for instance by boko haram or alqaeda and their suicide bombers against innocent people.in a place like nigeria,religious clashes also have the ethnic factor/rivalry promoting it.saying black slavery was an arab business long before it was european again shows her disgusting hatred and racism.slavery in arabia preceeded islam.but she wants to use that to tarnish the image of muslims.islam came and put a stop to slavery and provided measures to eliminate it in arabia and beyond.but again by using the word arab,she is sending the idea that all arabs at all times were and are muslims.she also did not mention that pagan arabian slavery is much merciful than european slavery.she forgot to mention that christianity (the religion itself and its bible) promote slavery and the europeans who came to spread christianity perfected wickedness in slavery.

she is trying her best to prmote hate against muslims.this is an islamophobic article.she is condemning a canadian for saying canadians are not under threat to justify the maltreatment of muslims.how many muslims have been arrested and jailed arbitrarily and harrassed in airports for wearing a beard or having a darker skin?

this article towards the end exposed itself by regarding apartheid israel as a "civilized democracy" "frosbel",do you agree with such opinion that israel is a "civilized democracy"? her aim for generalizing and considering every muslim who carries a gun without distinction as terrorist is evidently to support israeli crimes against humanity.she is simply telling us because alqaeda terrorists are muslims,therefore all muslims including those fighting israeli occupation of their land are also terrorists.so it is clear for all to see that this author is a supporter of israeli zionist state terrorism.funnily enough,she considers western backed dictatorships in the arab world like the saudi monrach as "islamic dictatorship".there is nothing more silly and ridiculously foolish than this.monarchy for instance has no basis in the islamic religion.the Quran speaks against monarchs.how can dictatorships backed by the west and imposed on their people be considered islamic? was mubarak,a dictator and western ally,thrown out by his people majority of whom are muslims also an "islamic dictator"? not only that,egyptians after mubarak voted for islamist parties in democratic elections.

in concluding her article,she made very offensive and generalized statements in a sarcastic way linking an islamist identity to crimes that any criminal can commit.yet again,she wants to pass those as religious beliefs or part of the culture of others.how shameful and shameless can anyone decend to more than this?!!!
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by LagosShia: 10:14am On May 03, 2012
frosbel,why are you dishonest?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christians - Do You Believe This? If Not Tell Me Why With Bible Support / 6 Billion World Population Before Noah's Flood? / Can Anyone Tell Us What Happened To The Three In Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.