Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? (2370 Views)

Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists / Questions For Evolutionists And Atheists / Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by Youngsage: 4:43pm On May 03, 2012
On a serious note, i've also been considering this issue and was about to create a post on it.
Why do muslims have a seperate section where non -muslims are not allowed? And christians don't av one? Whereas the muslims are not restricted from other religion sections?
Or are they feeling insecure? Or they probably don't want someone to arise and prove them all wrong? Well i dunno, but let me stop here b4..... No hardfeelins tho, just dat i feel we al should av equal rights in here. We should be able 2 converse freely, argue, xchange ideas, and knowledge among ourselves.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by tbaba1234: 9:34am On May 04, 2012
If you come with genuine questions or even respectful dishonest question you will get answers.... but most christians and atheists are just there to disrespect Allah and his Prophets. Muslims do not tolerate that.

You can be respectful about what people revere even if you do not believe it.

We have the answers to any question worth asking...
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by thehomer: 3:00pm On May 05, 2012
LagosShia:

i thnk in all sincerity mature and responsible Muslims would also see your likes as childish.why in God's name would you judge the religion because of what people who claim to adhere to the religion do? why dont you find out what the religion says?

Sure. I wonder what group the Muslims who happily dish out death threats and fatwas for death belong to. Are they mature or immature?
So one doesn't judge a religion based on what the adherents say but on what is in the religious text. You do know that there are texts that recommend death for various "sins" and even for unbelievers.

LagosShia:
for instance you mentioned the issue of "child bride" and the Prophet (sa).have you bothered to see if that story is true and if there is a differing account on that? i would not blame you much because you may be misinformed.but take someone like "frosbel" to whom this particular subject was clarified severally.yet still,from time to time "frosbel" goes on to open a thread on the same topic repeatedly to "bash" Islam and "insult" Muslims."frosbel" has being told the age of Aisha is not certain but based on speculation,interpretation and sectarian views-that her age could have being 19 years old when she was wedded by the Prophet (sa).the same goes about repeating the "hadith of 72 virgins" even after Muslims have made it known that this hadith is an isolated report in one Sunni book of hadith,weak and rejected even by the Sunnis and likewise the issue "satanic verses" or "hadith of al-Gharaniq" (which is internally and externally contradictory and weak) found in a sunni source.to someone like "frosbel" he sees such an offensive repetition as trade.he doesn't mind insulting others and basing his attack on falsehood so far as he is bringing down others especially Muslims/Islam who are seen by him as threat to christianity.

Sure you claim it isn't certain since we generally accept that the notion of taking child brides is unacceptable. By the way, do you mean to say 9 or 19?
Also, you're not talking to frosbel but to me. How is stating what is in a hadith offensive? You see, this is what I'm talking about. You keep seeing offense everywhere.

LagosShia:
i don't think the Muslims do not want to reach out to non-muslims or engage them intellectually.Islam out of all religions tells us to engage people:

Holy Quran 16:125
"Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided".

It is trivial to find contradictory statements in the Islamic texts and the Bible too says something along those lines. But, if what you're saying is true, then why was your post initially blocked? Why should one who rejects Islam be threatened with death or killed?

LagosShia:
so really if you want to reason,then you are welcome.but someone like "frosbel" does not reason at all.i am not saying i myself did not feel wronged when my thread was deleted for being offensive to Sunnis.but since i was not intending to offend Sunnis but to propagate my beliefs to them and win them,i toned down my thread to reach out to them.if you are also reaching out to people,you must know that by insulting them or making them feel offended,you will not get your message across.

If I said I was offended because you hold a man who took a child bride as being someone worthy of emulation through out the world, what would you say? Once again, you seem to think speaking plainly about issues is a bad thing. Pointing out facts is not being insulting. What is being said is either true or false. People can have discussions with reasons on whether or not the statements are true or not.

LagosShia:
as regarding the Muslims having a section to themselves,and others not having,that should be discussed with the forum administrator.i dont think you can group people with opposing beliefs and ask them to share their beliefs without resulting in conflict especially when there are members who have no morals or respect.muslims can survive in one forum with christians and others by each group contributing in kindness and respect.but if effort is directed towards offending and insulting others,then there will be conflict.

Which members have no morals or respect? On the issue of respect, I respect people but not ridiculous ideas. You should be able to understand that.
What do you mean by respect here? Is speaking plainly about issues disrespectful? And why do words on a forum have to lead to death threats even against the owner of the website? Are such threats demonstrating respect?
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by LogicMind: 4:41pm On May 05, 2012
tbaba1234: If you come with genuine questions or even respectful dishonest question you will get answers.... but most christians and atheists are just there to disrespect Allah and his Prophets. Muslims do not tolerate that.

Allah, (piss unto his name), tolerates my disrespect. Why not his followers? Are you greater than Allah?
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by DeepSight(m): 5:14pm On May 05, 2012
Islam is despicable in its absurd and murderous degree of intolerance.

The very fact that there is a separate section for Islam is a shame and disgrace to every muslim: it tells to what extent their religion has instilled murderoua fear and paranoia in the minds of others. Such a religion can never command respect anywhere in the civilised world.

Is it any wonder that Churches and even mere bibles are prohibited in Saudi Arabia right into the 21st century?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Catholicism_in_Saudi_Arabia

That says it all. Barbarism.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by oloriooko(m): 6:27pm On May 05, 2012
let whoever is responsible for creating these sections separate humans from these bunch of low lives that call themselves atheists who have no regard for divinity in their utter foolishness they call freedom.

they are materials for eternal doom as such should be separated from sensibility and truth.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by harakiri(m): 6:53pm On May 05, 2012
oloriooko: let whoever is responsible for creating these sections separate humans from these bunch of low lives that call themselves atheists who have no regard for divinity in their utter foolishness they call freedom.

they are materials for eternal doom as such should be separated from sensibility and truth.

..and yet, you are a registered member of a forum created by an ATHEIST!!! And yet you use a computer than runs on an operating system created by an ATHEIST!!! And yet a lot of the medication you use when you are down and ill is manufactured by ATHEISTS!!! What an irony!!!
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by mazaje(m): 8:05pm On May 05, 2012
tbaba1234: If you come with genuine questions or even respectful dishonest question you will get answers.... but most christians and atheists are just there to disrespect Allah and his Prophets. Muslims do not tolerate that.

Then why not allow allah and mohammed to deal with them?. . .Why kill them for insluting allah or mohammed when we are told that allah is all powerful?. .I thought allah is alive and all powerful according to the muslim claim, why not allow him to destroy those that mock and insult him?. . .Even Seun was threaten with death for allowing christians and antheist mock allah on nairaland. . .Why is islam the only religion whose adherents believe in killing others as a religious duty?. . .If people insult allah then let allah deal with them if he is not an imaginary entity. . .Why fight and kill on behalf on an all powerful being?. . .By the way how many battles have muslims fought and won in the name of allah?. . .
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by OmoPastor(m): 8:34pm On May 05, 2012
..and yet, you are a registered member of a forum created by an ATHEIST!!!
is seun an atheist?

And yet you use a computer than runs on an operating system created by an ATHEIST!!!
who is this person that made this OS?

And yet a lot of the medication you use when you are down and ill is manufactured by ATHEISTS!!!
like who? please give me a name. and did they come to know how to do this? who gave them the know-how?

so what you are saying is that if all these bunch of servants-to-their-minds are eradicated, the whole world will crumble or implode cos we won't have forum like this or OS or medication? see how dumb you guys are, so foolish yet thinking they are the smartest
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by teissys(f): 1:50am On May 06, 2012
Such an insightful thread, proudly christian, nuthin, nobody, no threat is gonna change that grin
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by thehomer: 12:08pm On May 06, 2012
oloriooko: let whoever is responsible for creating these sections separate humans from these bunch of low lives that call themselves atheists who have no regard for divinity in their utter foolishness they call freedom.

Oh? So atheists are no longer humans? Why on earth should anyone consider "divinity" seriously? Though it seems you have no idea of what freedom is.
On the issue of eternal doom, it shows your mindset. One that loves eternal torment.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by logicboy: 12:42pm On May 06, 2012
OmoPastor:

is seun an atheist?

Yes? At least that is what everyone (even christians/muslims) claim

OmoPastor:
who is this person that made this OS?

Bill Gates is agnostic While Steve Jobs was a Zen Buddhist (Buddhists dont believe in a God)

OmoPastor:
so what you are saying is that if all these bunch of servants-to-their-minds are eradicated, the whole world will crumble or implode cos we won't have forum like this or OS or medication? see how dumb you guys are, so foolish yet thinking they are the smartest

No, without these atheists/agnostics, the world would have been left in the dark ages
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by Kay17: 1:33pm On May 06, 2012
Let's not question the intelligence of atheists yet, the problem before us, is the issue of Muslims as a result of intolerance are purifying themselves of infidels by having a separate board which is well censored
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by logicboy: 1:38pm On May 06, 2012
Kay 17: Let's not question the intelligence of atheists yet, the problem before us, is the issue of Muslims as a result of intolerance are purifying themselves of infidels by having a separate board which is well censored

Why waste your time? The deluded extremists actually believe that giving Islam a special treatment with a special section is fair.

The separate Islam section is enough evidence to any rational mind that Islam is quite intolerant to criticism.

Either one section for all or different sections for all
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by LogicMind: 2:36pm On May 06, 2012
I think muslims shot themselves in the foot with this move. It could work in closed societies but this is internet where people visit, see, analyse, criticise, judge and make their own decisions.
Re: ISLAM Section Becomes A No Go For Christians And Atheists , WHY ? by logicboy: 2:46pm On May 06, 2012
Logic Mind: I think muslims shot themselves in the foot with this move. It could work in closed societies but this is internet where people visit, see, analyse, criticise, judge and make their own decisions.

lol......the internet kills religion

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? / Why Are We Black? / PICTURES - T.B. Joshua's 2015 New Year Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.