Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,808 members, 7,817,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Auto. Pls I Need Advice (anyone With A Similar Experience ) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Auto. Pls I Need Advice (anyone With A Similar Experience ) (883 Views)

See Nigerians React As Toyota Set 2 Release Similar Wooden Car Built By Nigeria / Always Had The Notion That The 2013 Kia Cerato And 2013 Ford Focus Are Similar / Pls I Need Advice: Car Vibrates At Idle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Auto. Pls I Need Advice (anyone With A Similar Experience ) by femmalyne: 3:14pm On May 02, 2012
My Toyota camry 1999 model tiny light consumes more fuel unlike before and I have contacted two mechanics, one said is the air filter that has expired that I need to replace it with a new one, the second mechanics said I need to service the injector.please anyone with a similar experience here should advice me on what to do.Thanks.
Re: Auto. Pls I Need Advice (anyone With A Similar Experience ) by surefx(m): 3:38pm On May 02, 2012
Go and run a diagnostic scan on your ride. From d results or codes, you'll be pointed towards the cause(s) of the high fuel consumption. Don't allow trial and error work on your car. If you don't understand the codes you get, post em here and you'll get explanations.
Re: Auto. Pls I Need Advice (anyone With A Similar Experience ) by femmalyne: 3:42pm On May 02, 2012
@Surefx tank u so much, I will get back to u as soon as I do that.
Re: Auto. Pls I Need Advice (anyone With A Similar Experience ) by surefx(m): 3:43pm On May 02, 2012
Also, if your Thermostat has been removed and your fans begin to run immediately you turn the ignition key on, then your car would definitely consume lots of fuel abnormally.
Re: Auto. Pls I Need Advice (anyone With A Similar Experience ) by femmalyne: 3:50pm On May 02, 2012
really...am suspecting that also.
Re: Auto. Pls I Need Advice (anyone With A Similar Experience ) by cecegorz(m): 3:50pm On May 02, 2012
If you are ready to spend money wisely to bring your car back to shape, take it to Automaze, 10 Morrison crescent, off oregun road Ikeja.
The car will be scanned firstly, for proper diagnosis and then perfect servicing/replacement of parts.

Caveat: Labour alone is up to 10k! But warranty is assured.
Re: Auto. Pls I Need Advice (anyone With A Similar Experience ) by cecegorz(m): 4:00pm On May 02, 2012
surefx: Also, if your Thermostat has been removed and your fans begin to run immediately you turn the ignition key on, then your car would definitely consume lots of fuel abnormally.

Recently, my radiator got a crack and i needed to replace it, i took a street mechanic to Ladipo, and they brought one tokumboh they called 'double cell' and said it's better than the OEM 'single cell' that came with the car.(They insisted that single cell OEM version cannot be sourced any where)
While mounting it, the guy said he was going to remove the Thermostat for it to work properly, and i also noticed that the fan runs on ignition, unlike my factory fitted version!
I just knew that those guys are charlatans,and i told them to dismantle the radiator immediately and put back my faulty one.

The next day i went to Automaze, and they gave me a brand new OEM radiator, and my ride has been cruising like brand new!
Re: Auto. Pls I Need Advice (anyone With A Similar Experience ) by femmalyne: 1:01pm On May 03, 2012
Thank u all for all the advices u gave me...I so must appreciate u,I will follow ur recommendation is just that am in Ekiti, but I will try my best to be in Lagos dis weekend

(1) (Reply)

The Best New Car You Can Ever Buy / Bus Drivers And Conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges From Jan 2013! / Why My Car Dont Start On The First Kick.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.