Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,574 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

MCSE: How Many Exams To Write? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / MCSE: How Many Exams To Write? (6808 Views)

The Most Difficult Software To Write.... In Existence / I Need A Help To Write A Simple Login Form Using Vb.net / Which Is Better Mcse Or Networking? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MCSE: How Many Exams To Write? by wurdz: 11:58am On Nov 12, 2007
How many exams do i need to write before i am done with msce?as on become fully certified?thanks all for ur prompt response.
Re: MCSE: How Many Exams To Write? by wurdz: 10:36am On Nov 13, 2007
still awaiting your responses eagerly.Nairalanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: MCSE: How Many Exams To Write? by terryboob(m): 4:22pm On Nov 13, 2007
i think is about 7 exams u need to sit and pass go to microsoft website
Re: MCSE: How Many Exams To Write? by Maleeq(m): 12:00pm On Nov 17, 2007
@wurdz

You need to write a minimum of 7 and maximum of 8 papers depending on the area of specialization you are going into;

- MCSE 2003 (general) [/b]requires you pass 7exams comprised of 6core and 1 elective exams

- [b]MCSE 2003 security specialization
requires you write 8 exams comprised of 5core exams and 3security specialization exams

- MCSE 2003 Messaging specialization requires you write and pass 8exams comprised of 6core and 3messaging exams.

Last time I checked, each paper costs N18K here in naija.
Re: MCSE: How Many Exams To Write? by wurdz: 5:15pm On Nov 17, 2007
@maleeq

could you please give me a break down of the courses to take for each or at least that of the general.Are you certified yourself?(msce)expecting ur prompt response.
Re: MCSE: How Many Exams To Write? by Maleeq(m): 8:40pm On Nov 17, 2007
Here, go to this site MCSE Requirements. . .you'll find entire details about the certification.

And yes, I am certified.
Re: MCSE: How Many Exams To Write? by Cactus(m): 2:04am On Nov 18, 2007
I will never waste my time to write any exams.

If you write exams now, maybe in two or three years, new systems are in place, companies switching to new platforms. your 2007 certifications MAY BE outdated no one knows.

IT is extremely volatile. anything can happen anytime

Good luck to those who take certifications and who are already certified
Re: MCSE: How Many Exams To Write? by wurdz: 11:00am On Nov 19, 2007
Maleeq:

Here, go to this site MCSE Requirements. . .you'll find entire details about the certification.

And yes, I am certified.
could you help me out as to how to start preparing,where to get books @ the cheapest rate possible(if possible,free)and of course dumps.
and what is the latest version of the exams?thanks alot, \
expecting ur reply
Re: MCSE: How Many Exams To Write? by swtqtnel(f): 5:16pm On Nov 22, 2007
go to www.dktpartners.com

You'll get answers to any questions concerning I.T courses
Re: MCSE: How Many Exams To Write? by Maleeq(m): 6:11pm On Nov 22, 2007
@wurdz

sorry for the silence. I've uploaded some study materials(same I used while preparing myself) on this forum, but the online file service have deleted the files.

I'll upload it once more for you when I get home later.
Re: MCSE: How Many Exams To Write? by wurdz: 5:22pm On Nov 30, 2007
Maleeq:

@wurdz

sorry for the silence. I've uploaded some study materials(same I used while preparing myself) on this forum, but the online file service have deleted the files.

I'll upload it once more for you when I get home later.
still waiting for your reply and of course materials.Have an awesome weekend.
Re: MCSE: How Many Exams To Write? by opensource(m): 5:32pm On Dec 02, 2007
Check my post out here
[b]
Hello Fellow IT professional , I have taken time to outline some basic exams from my own analysis and arrangement that you could follow to get certified in

MCSA - Microsoft Certified System Administrator
MCDBA -Microsoft Certified Database Administrator in SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition
MCSE - Microsoft Certified System Engineer.

The reason that prompted to this is that I was discussing today with a friend and he has written over 10 exams without being certified in either of the 3 listed category.I was sad that he probably didn't get good counsel or just didn't do research on things before wasting hard earned cash.

For this reason I did a rough layout and hope this helps people who will be doing this certification in future , with just 8 Exams you are Certified in all category

I need a break down on Cisco As I will be Embarking on Oracle and Cisco ones I am through with MCSE

Here we go

Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) Requirements ( 2 core networking exams,1 client operating system exam and 1 elective exam)

Exam 70–290: Managing & Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
Exam 70–291: Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
Exam 70–270: Installing, Configuring,& Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Elective Exam 70-228: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition

Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) on Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Requirements ( 3 exams required and 1 elective)
Exam 70–228: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition
Exam 70–229: [/b]Designing and Implementing Databases with Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition
[b]Exam 70–290
: Managing & Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
Elective Exam 70-293: Planning and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure

Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) Requirements-: Four core networking system exams, One client operating system exam, One design exam

Exam 70–290: Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
Exam 70–291: Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
Exam 70-293: Planning and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
Exam 70-294: Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure
Exam 70–270: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Exam 70-2973: Designing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure
Elective Exam 70-229: Designing and Implementing Databases with Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition

Required Exams for MCSE Which also covers MCSA and MCDBA

Exam 70-290 ( MCSA , MCDBA , MCSE)
Exam 70–291( MCSA,MCSE)
Exam 70-293 (MCDBA-e, MCSE)
Exam 70-294 ( MCSE)
Exam 70-270 (MCSA , MCSE)
Exam 70-228 (Compulsory elective & completes all exams for MCSA)(A core exam for MCDBA)
Exam 70-229 (MCSE,MCDBA)(All Exams for MCDBA will be completed at this point)
Exam 70-2973 (MCSE)

**** MCSE Completed At this stage…, HURRAY !!!! HURRAY !!!! HURRAY !!!! *******

Note: This is based on my own personal calculation and I decided to share hopefully some can draw out their own exams map from mine
[/b]
Re: MCSE: How Many Exams To Write? by swtqtnel(f): 3:58pm On Dec 05, 2007
Re: MCSE: How Many Exams To Write? by MCSE: 3:07pm On Sep 14, 2010
MCSE: How Many Exams To Writejavascript:void(0);

here is link for MCSE EXAMS
Re: MCSE: How Many Exams To Write? by zheing: 2:50pm On Oct 08, 2010
I don't know to much about that how many exam to write but i found this site when i was surfing for my CCNA certification this site will definitely help you so you can try the link provided in post.
Re: MCSE: How Many Exams To Write? by Prevho: 12:03pm On Dec 13, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Best Java Textbook / What Kind Of DBA (Database Administrator) Are You? / Top 12 Highest Paying Computer Programming Languages You Should Learn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.