Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,689 members, 7,823,943 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Scared Of Living Where You Do? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scared Of Living Where You Do? (1276 Views)

If Death Is A Ticket To Heaven Why Are So Many Believers Scared Of Dying / Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months / The Benefits Of Living Righteously (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scared Of Living Where You Do? by Jackie24: 5:33am On Mar 29, 2006
I am American and I love my country, I however feel very sad for everyone who lives here because all of the parables about rich men and poverty lead us to believe that this country is far too rich for it's own good. Now we all live here comfortably and the deomocracy is just great, .

But it's difficult to think day to day that just being here and living a normal American life has Christ frowing over me. I grew up in a [techinically] one bedroom house with my parents, older brother and eventually little brother. Neither parent went to college and got married early so life was tough and we barely got by, but this would be such a blessing to anyone from a 3rd world country. Just knowing that even as a lower class citizen in the US, a person may also be a rich man in God's eyes.

Does anyone else even think about such things? What are your opinions? My only comfort is my dream to visit other countries during the coarse of my life, countries with less and spend time among their simplicity and pureity. Maybe to do some good, to make some friends, to learn new things.

Anyway, feedback please. smiley
Re: Scared Of Living Where You Do? by Seun(m): 7:37am On Mar 29, 2006
Why do you think CHrist is frowning over your normal American life?
Re: Scared Of Living Where You Do? by Jackie24: 8:51pm On Mar 29, 2006
, did you read what I wrote?
Americans live a life of luxury and often laziness.
Living her prevents us from escaping such a thing.
Re: Scared Of Living Where You Do? by Free(f): 3:27pm On Mar 30, 2006
Americans live a life of luxury and often laziness
i would agree that most americans live a luxurious life and most are lazy
people are going to get more lazier because the world is moving on with all this
new technology etc,

i love american toooo, A lot of opputunities(its up to you to make use of it) its got its good and bad,
am bless that i got the chance to be in this country but i never forget the people
back home, those who are less fortunate etc , etc

My only comfort is my dream to visit other countries during the coarse of my life
thats a good idea, cheesy grin is kinda like a dream of mine to visit other countries, love learning about different
cultures , meeting.different ppls etc etc,
Re: Scared Of Living Where You Do? by Seun(m): 6:32am On May 12, 2006
Are you saying Jesus wouldn't be able to live in America?

(1) (Reply)

Research Into Near Death Experiences / Why Must I Be Held Responsible For My Actions/innactions Here On Earth. . . / Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.