Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

A World Without Religion...better Or Not? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A World Without Religion...better Or Not? (5200 Views)

5 Ways My Life Is Better Without Religion / Would We Be Better Off Without Religion? / Will The World Had Been A Better Place Without Religion? Your Thoughts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by logicboy: 4:43pm On May 07, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Exactly.
The Catholic Church saw Africans as animals ... This is the church officially declared.
Then there were some efforts to the contrary, but the responsibility for the crimes and torture can not be denied or redemption.

Gracias Amigos.

They want to deny the evil that christianity has done
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by brainpulse: 4:49pm On May 07, 2012
@boy

Better put a "world without human being". Do all atheist do good, Do all atheist do bad?
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by logicboy: 4:53pm On May 07, 2012
brainpulse: @boy

Better put a "world without human being". Do all atheist do good, Do all atheist do bad?

All christians are not bad, all athiests are not bad. However, the 3 main religions are consistently evil towards unbelievers

Lol. Theocracy is always bad. The bible/koran/talmud are always homophobic and intolerant towards unbelievers. The 3 major religions are consistently evil in theory.
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by brainpulse: 5:01pm On May 07, 2012
logicboy:

All christians are not bad, all athiests are not bad. However, the 3 main religions are consistently evil towards unbelievers

Lol. Theocracy is always bad. The bible/koran/talmud are always homophobic and intolerant towards unbelievers. The 3 major religions are consistently evil in theory.

Then attack the people behind it. Kill the diseases not the symptom. If symptom persist see your physician.

All Christians are not bad, all athiests are not bad. However, the 3 main religions are consistently evil towards unbelievers

Then the problem is not the religion the problem is with the people practicing it.
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by logicboy: 5:19pm On May 07, 2012
brainpulse:

Then attack the people behind it. Kill the diseases not the symptom. If symptom persist see your physician.

All Christians are not bad, all athiests are not bad. However, the 3 main religions are consistently evil towards unbelievers

Then the problem is not the religion the problem is with the people practicing it.

The religious books are bad. It is the religion that is mostly to blame, not the people. Get rid of the religion not the people
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by brainpulse: 7:53am On May 08, 2012
logicboy:

The religious books are bad. It is the religion that is mostly to blame, not the people. Get rid of the religion not the people

Okay, since you said God doesn't not exist, then from your inference people were the one that wrote these books, and people makes the religion. I believe you have studied logic and you should understand that people are responsible for what they believe and the action they take. In Morphology of words and information If 3 people read a sentence they both have different opinions and suggestion to what they have read, and this forms their life.
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by logicboy: 8:10am On May 08, 2012
brainpulse:

Okay, since you said God doesn't not exist, then from your inference people were the one that wrote these books, and people makes the religion. I believe you have studied logic and you should understand that people are responsible for what they believe and the action they take. In Morphology of words and information [b]If 3 people read a sentence they both have different opinions and suggestion to what they have read, and this forms their life.

Of course, people have to be responsible for their actions.

My point is that religion gives man one extra reason to be evil. Everybody has good and evil in them without religion. Religion has often brought out the evil in people more than the good.

There are sentences that are clear and universal. The bible contains evil verses that have very clear messages such that if 3 people read it, they come to the same conclusion

"thou shalt not kill" -----very clear

"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good"----very clear
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by ijawkid(m): 8:16am On May 08, 2012
Logic boy ur still on this thing

Wait until atheists produce weapons enough to kill all of us,radiations enough to give us cancers and tumors....

I believe u'll love that...

Like I asked u...

D catholics got involved in crusades,wars and slave trades....

Did they learn that from Jesus

Did Jesus practice that

Did Jesus ever take part in conflicts of any kind??

If d catholics won't obey Jesus commands and follow his footsteps then they are not christians...

Please always remember that...

Catholics are not d model for christianity...
Jesus and his apostles are....

They were quiet,non violent,they died as matrys,never got involved in politics of this world,never for once supported or engaged in warfares...

People who claim to be christians today who engage in all of that are not christians...

They are presumpteous bigots who always want to use religion as a means to oppress others...
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by brainpulse: 8:18am On May 08, 2012
So when an atheist kills, what had prompted him to kill if he has no religion? Every one that does evil always hide under one excuse or the other.
I don't want to start quoting the bible with you, I have being avoiding it since you said you don't believe in it. But If you want us to do that with logical teachings and interpretation then lets start that? The problem is that you wont still accept the right interpretations.
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by logicboy: 8:25am On May 08, 2012
Double post
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by logicboy: 8:28am On May 08, 2012
ijawkid: Logic boy ur still on this thing

Wait until atheists produce weapons enough to kill all of us,radiations enough to give us cancers and tumors....

I believe u'll love that...

Like I asked u...

D catholics got involved in crusades,wars and slave trades....

Did they learn that from Jesus

Did Jesus practice that

Did Jesus ever take part in conflicts of any kind??

If d catholics won't obey Jesus commands and follow his footsteps then they are not christians...

Please always remember that...

Catholics are not d model for christianity...

Jesus and his apostles are....

They were quiet,non violent,they died as matrys,never got involved in politics of this world,never for once supported or engaged in warfares...

People who claim to be christians today who engage in all of that are not christians...

They are presumpteous bigots who always want to use religion as a means to oppress others...

You are not well read or very knowledgeable. The catholic church is the model for christianity. Who do you think compiled the bible that you are currently using? The catholic church!

It was not only the catholic church that was involved in slavery, there was the baptists, mormons etc.

The bible, which all christians use, supports slavery and war. So, when you try to say that Christianity is not evil, I just laugh. The bible supports bigotry. Jesus himself never addressed slavery while slavery was common place around him.

"Wait until atheists produce weapons enough to kill all of us,radiations enough to give us cancers and tumors...."

I think that you will find that it was christians who made the final decision to use nuclear bombs on Japan.
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by logicboy: 8:29am On May 08, 2012
brainpulse: So when an atheist kills, what had prompted him to kill if he has no religion?

Clearly, a motive or insanity.

Atheism has no guidelines
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by logicboy: 8:30am On May 08, 2012
brainpulse: So when an atheist kills, what had prompted him to kill if he has no religion? Every one that does evil always hide under one excuse or the other.
I don't want to start quoting the bible with you, I have being avoiding it since you said you don't believe in it. But If you want us to do that with logical teachings and interpretation then lets start that? The problem is that you wont still accept the right interpretations.

The bible is illogical and contradictory

Lets start.
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by brainpulse: 8:31am On May 08, 2012
logicboy:

The bible is illogical and contradictory

Lets start.

So why quoting it to support your point?
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by logicboy: 8:35am On May 08, 2012
brainpulse:

So why quoting it to support your point?

To show that it is illogical and contradictory?
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by Nobody: 8:41am On May 08, 2012
@logicboy
a world without religion = hunger games. thats what the elites want.
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by brainpulse: 8:41am On May 08, 2012
logicboy:

Clearly, a motive or insanity.

Atheism has no guidelines

So thank you, everyone that kills has a motive. Its the alibi that is different. The lord says thou shall not Kill, people like you having different motives and opinion to support their actions goes to the bible takes a portion mis-inteprete it that perpetuate evil. So your argument is totally illogical
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by brainpulse: 8:43am On May 08, 2012
logicboy:

To show that it is illogical and contradictory?
]

So U use what you blieve is illogical and contradictory to support your claims is unblievable. smiley
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by logicboy: 8:46am On May 08, 2012
brainpulse:

So thank you, everyone that kills has a motive. Its the alibi that is different. The lord says thou shall not Kill, people like you having different motives and opinion to support their actions goes to the bible takes a portion mis-inteprete it that perpetuate evil. So your argument is totally illogical

?

And if the motive is religious?

"You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB"

Please, you keep failing, try harder!
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by logicboy: 8:47am On May 08, 2012
brainpulse: ]

So U use what you blieve is illogical and contradictory to support your claims is unblievable. smiley

huh?

The bible is illogical and I use it to show why christians do illogical things. Is that too much for you to process?
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by brainpulse: 8:52am On May 08, 2012
Destroy Religion totally, people will still steal, kill and destroy. You cant take that away from man that is what you don't understand. A child that don't know how to read nor write will tell lies even without the parents teaching him/her. Its in the nature of man, if you don't know, know it now. The nature of man wants and continues to want, and if he can't get will think and strategize ways to get than immoral thoughts get to him and actions follows. A child does not need to read before telling lies or taking his friend's toys. He doesn't learn it, its the genetic build up of man because of the nature to commit sin.
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by logicboy: 8:55am On May 08, 2012
brainpulse: Destroy Religion totally, people will still steal, kill and destroy. You cant take that away from man that is what you don't understand. A child that don't know how to read nor write will tell lies even without the parents teaching him/her. Its in the nature of man, if you don't know, know it now. The nature of man wants and continues to want, and if he can't get will think and strategize ways to get than immoral thoughts get to him and actions follows. A child does not need to read before telling lies or taking his friend's toys. He doesn't learn it, its the genetic build up of man because of the nature to commit sin.

Religion gives man one extra reason to be evil. Remove religion and there would still be evil[b] but there would be less evil[/b]
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by brainpulse: 8:56am On May 08, 2012
logicboy:

huh?

The bible is illogical and I use it to show why christians do illogical things. Is that too much for you to process?

Fallacy, because you never understood it that is the reason why I pointed that out in the morphology of words and interpretation.
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by brainpulse: 9:04am On May 08, 2012
logicboy:

Religion gives man one extra reason to be evil. Remove religion and there would still be evil but there would be less evil

I laugh totally laugh. How do you weigh and quantify the evil in man? You said man made religion, religion allows a man to do one more evil. Can you hear yourself?
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by logicboy: 9:05am On May 08, 2012
brainpulse:

Fallacy, because you never understood it that is the reason why I pointed that out in the morphology of words and interpretation.

I was a christian for 22 years. Please dont tell me that I do not know what is in the bible

There are statements in the bible that are explicilty clear. If I say that brainpulse is a liar, it is a very clear statement. If God says in the bible that isrealites should take slaves from neighbouring nations, it is also very clear.

The interpretation excuse is for apologist.
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by logicboy: 9:10am On May 08, 2012
brainpulse:

I laugh totally laugh. How do you weigh and quantify the evil in man? You said man made religion, religion allows a man to do one more evil. Can you hear yourself.

So, because somebody conjured the lie that is religion, it is impossible that religion can not be dangerous to man? Are you forgetting that there are people who believe that their religion is from God? If someone wholeheartedly believes that God said that he should kill you, isnt that a religious problem?

Remove christianity and we would not have had crusades or inquisitions. Less evil.
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by brainpulse: 9:16am On May 08, 2012
logicboy:

I was a christian for 22 years. Please dont tell me that I do not know what is in the bible

There are statements in the bible that are explicilty clear. If I say that brainpulse is a liar, it is a very clear statement. If God says in the bible that isrealites should take slaves from neighbouring nations, it is also very clear.

The interpretation excuse is for apologist.

You can be a christian for 50 years and may not know God. And may not understand explicit interpretation and the motive of every statements as written in the bible. That its the reason why Jesus said He will send the holy spirit to make you understand every words in the bible. If i might ask when you were christian for 22years do you have personal relationship with the Holy spirit? So that I will know what to ask again.
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by brainpulse: 9:23am On May 08, 2012
logicboy:

So, because somebody conjured the lie that is religion, it is impossible that religion can not be dangerous to man? Are you forgetting that there are people who believe that their religion is from God? If someone wholeheartedly believes that God said that he should kill you, isnt that a religious problem?

Remove christianity and we would not have had crusades or inquisitions. Less evil.

It can never be done I am a devoted christian, and I have not thought in my life to Kill for everything, I believe in Hard work and THAT IS THE REASON I DON'T STEAL. I have being studying the bible for more 30years I HAVE NEVER COME TO THE POINT OF PERPETUATING EVIL AS YOU SAID.
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by rastamouse: 9:23am On May 08, 2012
logicboy:

You know well that religion gave the world some form of order.
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by logicboy: 9:26am On May 08, 2012
rastamouse:

Of course. It taught us that Jews are a super race that God only talked to and chose his prophets from in the bible.
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by brainpulse: 9:26am On May 08, 2012
rastamouse:

Thanks I know he knows that, but he's trying to play childish.
Re: A World Without Religion...better Or Not? by logicboy: 9:28am On May 08, 2012
brainpulse:

Thanks I know he knows that, but he's trying to play childish.

Play childish?

Religion brought theocracy. If theocracy is order then, rape is surprise sex

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Tb Joshua Real? / What Is Faith Really? / Six Important Reasons You Need God's Love.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.