Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

How Can I Open A CSCS Acount And What's The Cost. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Can I Open A CSCS Acount And What's The Cost. (3084 Views)

Shares Fraud At The Nigerian Stock Exchange (CSCS) / How Do I Monitor My CSCS Account Online / How Do I Get A CSCS Number? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Open A CSCS Acount And What's The Cost. by ediko5(m): 5:24pm On May 03, 2012
Hello
I am in Calabar, i went to a stockbroking firm to open a CSCS account and they told me it cost 5000 naira.
But some pple says dat CSCS account is free to open. Pls what's the correct amount of opening a CSCS account.
I will be glad to hear from you.
Re: How Can I Open A CSCS Acount And What's The Cost. by ediko5(m): 11:37am On May 04, 2012
Is there no stockbroker here or anyone who has open CSCS account.
Re: How Can I Open A CSCS Acount And What's The Cost. by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 04, 2012
Before now the Central Securities Clearing Systems Ltd (CSCS) did not charge for account opening though some brokers would charge a token for processing the account opening on behalf of their customers. The little fee is usually charged to cover administrative cost of the broker such as printing, transport, etc. However, early this year CSCS started charging a N100 fee for account opening but a broker will usually collect more than N100 for reasons stated above. Our firm charges N500 to open a CSCS account for investors. Out of this, N100 is remitted to CSCS while we use N400 to augment the cost of processing. So the N5,000 a certain broker is charging you for account opening is outrageous.

I am not surprised that there are little or no response to this thread. After the the crash of the stock market in 2008 not so many people are interested in buying and selling of shares. But discerning investors are beginning to see that the market is rebounding gradually and those who take position today are the millionaires of tomorrow, hence I encourage you to open the account. But try and see another stockbroking company that is not as greedy as the one you approached. In fact, I am not sure that that firm is licensed as stockbrokers. They may be operating as agents and you have to be careful for it is this class of operators that destroyed the market.

You can reach me on oejiogu@equatorcapitalng.com should you decide to deal with my firm.
Re: How Can I Open A CSCS Acount And What's The Cost. by ediko5(m): 7:25pm On May 04, 2012
Thank you very much. I'l contact you through your mail.
Re: How Can I Open A CSCS Acount And What's The Cost. by Nobody: 9:05am On May 07, 2012
I work in a stockbroking firm and would open it for 1k.
Re: How Can I Open A CSCS Acount And What's The Cost. by ariy(m): 4:49pm On May 07, 2012
i also want to open an account and also need someone that will guiding me
Re: How Can I Open A CSCS Acount And What's The Cost. by SkyRider1(m): 10:00pm On May 07, 2012
am in abuja. can u open for me...reach me on doniyk1@gmail.com
Re: How Can I Open A CSCS Acount And What's The Cost. by Emerald65(f): 6:45pm On Jan 29, 2018
ediko5:
Hello
I am in Calabar, i went to a stockbroking firm to open a CSCS account and they told me it cost 5000 naira.
But some pple says dat CSCS account is free to open. Pls what's the correct amount of opening a CSCS account.

*i will be glad to hear from you.
Hi, pls where can I locate the stock broking firm in Calabar?*

(1) (Reply)

How To Start Vtu Business With Just 3,500 / Nairaland Investment Platform A Scam? / Easy Way To Earn Atleast #1000 In 3days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.