Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,402 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:58 AM

The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos (6613 Views)

FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) / Flower Girl Premieres In The Uk [photos] / Family On Fire: A Tade Ogidan Movie Premieres In Camberwell, London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by Kaboom1: 12:18am On May 05, 2012
Superb Movie!
Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by captalex(m): 2:58am On May 05, 2012
The best movie for 2012 so far,saw it yesterday .had everyone in the cinema laughing and cheeering particularly during the big bouts(no spoilers). So any marvel fan should treat themselves to some eye candy!
Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by saintkola(m): 7:38am On May 05, 2012
Hottest movie of the year, i gbadun am die!
Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by waxdude: 8:09am On May 05, 2012
best super hero movie so far...the HULK rocks in dt movie..my view

1 Like

Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by jidewin(m): 8:16am On May 05, 2012
smiley Abeg when will the pirated copy reach alaba international? Make I send them for one shocked

1 Like

Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by phantom(m): 7:02pm On May 05, 2012
kay9: Avengers is out Dam.n, why am i not in Lagos?? Dis P.h sabi dull o! Mtscheww... **going 2 check silverbird.ph movie list...***
its showing in silverbird PH....was there today....

1 Like

Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by Nobody: 7:57am On May 06, 2012
What's going on!? The Avengers debut in Nigeria before US? This is a spoiler for me on nairaland.com. I have been waiting patiently for this movies.
Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by Vieira(m): 9:26am On May 06, 2012
Ejiné:

WHAT!!! angry angry

Are you sure you saw The Avengers? As a long-time fan and collector of almost every issue of the comic books, I stand bold to tell you that this movie is easily the best comic book film EVER made. . . well, behind The Dark Knight and Spider-Man 2.

Una no watch am jor. Abeg go and rest

Guys if you are longtime comic book geeks and on Facebook then you'll enjoy this group >> Comics.Meltdown@groups.facebook.com

Come talk comics peeps
Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by newcreatio(m): 12:36pm On May 06, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: I am afraid American Directors and Movie Script writers have run out or real movie ideas. they have turned to comic books and have doen a piss-poor job of it as well. the movie sucked
you be mumu ni? tongue the whole America is going gaga for it, you never read reviews. I suspect you are one of those Nigeria homevideo fans...a movie dat raked in $80 million first day? maybe nah Issakaba u wan dey watch...hhehehehe
Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by walexydon(m): 8:40am On May 07, 2012
i'm going 2 ozone cinemas 2 watch it 2day...who is goin 2??
Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:36am On May 07, 2012
newcreatio:
you be mumu ni? tongue the whole America is going gaga for it, you never read reviews. I suspect you are one of those Nigeria homevideo fans...a movie dat raked in $80 million first day? maybe nah Issakaba u wan dey watch...hhehehehe
Arrrgh, I be mumuni. I don change my mind, the movie is 3 thumbs up.. shiooor! I will watch my isakaba and end of money part 4 in peace tongue

1 Like

Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by newcreatio(m): 11:49am On May 07, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:
Arrrgh, I be mumuni. I don change my mind, the movie is 3 thumbs up.. shiooor! I will watch my isakaba and end of money part 4 in peace tongue
grin grin grin
Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by walexydon(m): 6:15pm On May 07, 2012
If U̶̲̥̅̊ av not cin avengers...U̶̲̥̅̊ should leave watever U̶̲̥̅̊ r doin and get 2 d cinema now!!! Cos its worth every second and ​​ promise U̶̲̥̅̊ won't regret it...except of cos U̶̲̥̅̊ r a saddist!
Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by yoji: 8:15pm On May 08, 2012
Easily d film of d year!!! Am stil in shock of d excitement I received. Over 2hrs felt like 2mins. Chei hollywood!!!!
Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by kevoh(m): 5:26pm On May 09, 2012
Guys, take it easy with the spoilers na! ahn ahn angry What's with the 'The Hulk thumbs Loki part'? Some people are yet to watch, take it easy abeg! angry
Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by kay9(m): 5:13pm On May 12, 2012
So... I finally watched the movie last week, but couldnt comment till now... Had to go for seconds wink

Ok, my personal review:
-
Overall rating: 4.5/5
-
Story/Plot: Simple, yes, but still elegant. Totally elegant! Heck if i wantd a complicated plot, i'd be watchin Inception.
-
Screenplay/Dialogue: Super cool! (''Thats the thing, I'm ALWAYS angry.'' cheesy )
-
Performance: I dare say everyone put up a sterling performance... But the medal in this category in my opinion is a split between Mark Ruffalo and Tom Hiddleston. smiley
-
Sound Editing: Prolly not as hitting as Hurt Locker, but mehn e try!
-
Camera/Effects/CGI: Trust me people, last time u saw effects and camera-work this cool was The Matrix! Boy oh boy! Enuf said. grin
-
Directing: Triple thumbs up, everything in the right place. Good job, Mr. Whedon.
-
Lastly - and this is a spoiler o! - the Hulk rocks!!! Da.mn i wana eat me some sharwama! grin grin
Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by Nobody: 10:57am On May 18, 2012
It's now showing in Genesis Cinema in Enugu. Gonna watch it on monday.
Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by semid4lyfe(m): 12:12pm On May 18, 2012
Nothing like Cinema for me. smiley

I'll download and watch it whenever the bluray rip is available online. Sadly, that may take sometime undecided
Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by Orikinla(m): 1:43pm On May 18, 2012
Only monkeys prefer pirated copies of movies as they love stolen bananas.
Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by semid4lyfe(m): 5:59pm On May 18, 2012
orikinla:
Only monkeys prefer pirated copies of movies as they love stolen bananas.

F.O.O.L!

Keep on yapping like a mad man. One day you go waka naked for road. grin
Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by NnamdiN: 3:27pm On May 19, 2012
Download from donmovieonline.com. about 1.50GB
Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 21, 2012
Just watched it at Genesis Cinema in Enugu. Cool movie! But the plot was . . . meh!
Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:10pm On May 24, 2012
Okay Movie goers. I want to ask all those who thought it was a good movie 2 simple questions
1: What was "The Moment" in the movie. movies have moment like in MATRIX when NEO says "I know Kung-fu" or "When he doges bullets" - what are the moments of this movie grin grin grin grin
2; Would you pay to go watch it again. a movie is that good, you will see it over and over again, years after e.g Terminator 1/2, Matrix 1/2, Superman 1/2, Troy, Gladiator, The Good The Bad, the Ugly - would you see this movie more than once ? not because you don't remember some parts,but because you loved it grin grin grin

See you thinking about it again... I thought y'all said you loved the movie grin grin grin grin
Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by Nobody: 9:28am On May 25, 2012
Moment 1. When that floating aircraft carrier . . . well, floated.
Moment two. The way Agent Romanov got Loki to spill: classic!
Moment 3. When the hulk smashed the god outta Loki and called him "puny god".
Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by kay9(m): 1:34pm On May 25, 2012
@larger, i'm disappointd u even had to ask.
-
Moment 4 (and this takes the biscuit): when Captain America is dishing out orders...and it gets to Hulk's turn. He just points to Hulk, then points at the invaders, and says, ''SMASH!!!'' grin
-
As for whether i'd go watch it again, i think what u should be asking is how many times i've ALREADY gone back.

1 Like

Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 25, 2012
I watched it twice on monday. After the initial viewing, I tried sneaking back in for the second one ('cause it would be showing again on the same screen), but one of them GD guys caught me and I had to pay another 1k to see it.
Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:24pm On May 25, 2012
SimonAndal: Moment 1. When that floating aircraft carrier . . . well, floated.
Moment two. The way Agent Romanov got Loki to spill: classic!
Moment 3. When the hulk smashed the god outta Loki and called him "puny god".

SimonAndal: I watched it twice on monday. After the initial viewing, I tried sneaking back in for the second one ('cause it would be showing again on the same screen), but one of them GD guys caught me and I had to pay another 1k to see it.

kay9: @larger, i'm disappointd u even had to ask.
-
Moment 4 (and this takes the biscuit): when Captain America is dishing out orders...and it gets to Hulk's turn. He just points to Hulk, then points at the invaders, and says, ''SMASH!!!'' grin
-
As for whether i'd go watch it again, i think what u should be asking is how many times i've ALREADY gone back.

hhhmmm. perhaps there is something about watching CAM recorded movies and the big screen - when is it showing again - it better be worth it or u guys will pay
Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by kay9(m): 6:23pm On May 26, 2012
SimonAndal: I watched it twice on monday. After the initial viewing, I tried sneaking back in for the second one ('cause it would be showing again on the same screen), but one of them GD guys caught me and I had to pay another 1k to see it.
grin grin grin grin Onyi oshi!
-
lagerwhenindoubt:

hhhmmm. perhaps there is something about watching CAM recorded movies and the big screen - when is it showing again - it better be worth it or u guys will pay
Oshofree go kill u!
Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by kay9(m): 6:26pm On May 26, 2012
Know what i liked best about this movie? The way EVERYONE is ALWAYS in mortal fear that Dr. Banner might lose his temper at any given moment and change into 'area-scatter'! Everybody dey fear the guy, but if u look am all u go see na one harmless looking, badly dressed man like that... grin

1 Like

Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by ayox20003: 11:51am On May 27, 2012
Currently watching the Avengers at the Galleria.
Any NLers in the cinema?
Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by ayox20003: 12:01pm On May 27, 2012
Entered the cinema late ...I'm at the scene where Dr Banner met Captain Rogers....shew him the submarine....Thrilling sci-fi.
Re: The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos by ayox20003: 12:11pm On May 27, 2012
Hmmmm.
Action begins.
Captain Rogers comes to the rescue of this stubborn oldman.
Nice quotes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Fan Page / Watch This FREE Nollywood Movie About Lesbianism / Bollywood Movies Chat Room~~~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.