Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? (3218 Views)

Benny Hinn & Pat Robertson, The False Prophets Of The U.S 2012 Election / Benny Hinn And His Wife Get Back Together / What Apostle Paul Had To Say About Tithes And Other Heretic Teachings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by MCLOVIN: 1:49am On Nov 13, 2007
Benny Hinn is due in naija in a few days, but I hear hes a heretic!

Read the full story

http://faceofnaija.corporatengdirect.com/misc/bnyhin.html
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by janami(f): 9:54pm On Nov 13, 2007
i dnt know about all these but i will repeat something every born again christian know: neva criticise a man of God.
Anyway, try to read Goodmorning Holy spirit and welcome Holy spirit by Benny Hinn.
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by buluti(m): 11:46pm On Nov 13, 2007
@ MCLOVIN i am trying to say this in the most polite way, SHUT UP, read your bible and use your God given common sense / intelligence.

Your source lacks any form of credibility. The same writer said Prince Charles was the anti-christ and has said a lot of nonsense.

Please if you need exposition on the word say it.

If i may ask you, who is a heretic?
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by Seun(m): 11:51pm On Nov 13, 2007
i dnt know about all these but i will repeat something every born again christian know: never criticise a man of God.
Never criticize a man of God? What chapter of the bible is that from?

Anyway, try to read Goodmorning Holy spirit and welcome Holy spirit by Benny Hinn.
How can a book written by benny Hinn prove his innocence?
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by denniz(m): 9:59am On Nov 14, 2007
Guy,dont critize anyone about what he/she does, DON'T JUDGE OR YOU SHALL BE JUDGE!!! these were the words of Jesus Christ. Just leave Benny Hinn and Our Heavenly Father.
The race to heaven is personal race everyone must run. on the last day,people who think they are christians might find theirselves on the BROADWAY that leads to DESTRUCTION. or the STRAIT WAY that leads to eternal life in Christ Jesus.
So ammend your ways today,search your life.I pray no one who reads this will remain the same <in Jesus name> .Bible says all "All unrighteousness is sin" Jesus said "Those that sin are of te devil because the devil sined from the begining".

MY FRIENDS PLS GIVE YOUR LIFE TOTALLY TO CHRIST. THERES NO GAIN IN SIN. NO GAIN AT ALL. REMEMEBER, ANY THING YOU WANT TO DO,FIRST SEARCH YOUR HEART AND HEAR THE WORDS OF YOUR HEART SAYS.
ALWAYS DO GOOD!!! GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by IDINRETE: 2:13pm On Nov 14, 2007
Seun:

Never criticize a man of God? What chapter of the bible is that from?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Seun you are too three four much grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by Backslider(m): 2:26pm On Nov 14, 2007
I say whether You "Judge" or not You shall be Judged.
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by ricadelide(m): 2:37pm On Nov 14, 2007
Seun:

Except you're trying to be funny, i don't seem to get it.

First, his motives for writing the books: they were not written IN ORDER TO prove his innocence - he wrote them for entirely different reasons.

Second, he wrote the books BEFORE the allegations of "heresy" were brought against him, so they are not a defensive tactic against examination.

Third, if the case in point is that he is actually a heretic, then THE VERY SAME BOOKS he WROTE can actually be a very good weapon to nail him as one. It is in those books that you can examine his beliefs to determine if they were "heretical". In other words, those books can actually pronounce him guilty if found to be severely at odds with his reference manual - herein being the bible.

Fourth, if, however, he is found to have been consistently "conventional" in what he says - he does not write (or perhaps say) anything heretical - then his allegedly heretical beleifs are confined to himself alone; and thus he is of no harm to anyone else but to himself. Of course, heretical practices are an entirely different matter.

Beyond all that however, you are allowed to defend yourself and be your own witness when cross-examined. You can't tie a man's mouth and pronounce judgement on him without hearing his own testimony - if he wants to give it - that's not being fair.

I hope I'm making sense. I'm not a lawyer, but i guess these are plain issues. Cheers smiley
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by Backslider(m): 3:14pm On Nov 14, 2007
@ post

Any Paix or Brephos can know this that Benny Hinn is a False Prophet.
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by janami(f): 6:51pm On Nov 14, 2007
@seun
i dnt know if u ve read the book, but any one well versed wit the Word knows that a heretic does not preach about the Holy Spirit being his personal friend. dust ur bible and check matt 7v1. when u are done, read the whole kings chapter. u don't want to face what Ahab and co did.
IDINRETE:

[/b]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Seun you are too three four much grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
man, ur laughter is not vocal enuff, u shld see how people who have spoken ill about my pastor come and confess on our pulpit in church then u will shut up
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by fakedavid: 6:54pm On Nov 14, 2007
may your mouth wey u dey take abuse man of God twist to one side permanently.
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by jerrymania(m): 10:08pm On Nov 14, 2007
@ davidylan@yahoo.com

r u Davidylan? Well i aint impressed if u r coz posts by you are not insightful compared to ur clone's.
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 15, 2007
angry angry angry@poster have u ever seen a muslim criticizing a fellow imam, why don't u get a head or a brain rather, how will u criticize sumtin u hardly know or are u God, or don't u recall jesus was criticize by the pharisee, they called him a demon possed man, don't let people's opnion abt someone make u believe or hate them and please stop diz prejudice, Get close to Benny before u criticize him and as for people who denies christ , cry cry cry
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by obanikoro2(m): 9:35am On Nov 15, 2007
@MCLOVIN

Its a pity you were part of this! I say this becos anything that will make a mockery of God or His creation is bad.
Its yet another thing to believe such a mockery and help spread such that more and more will be carried away wrongly.

Let me ask us some questions: was any of us there to see for ourselves what the link was talking about?
How then can you believe such when you have not confirmed it either by seeing it or through the Holy Spirit?

I'm not surprised by the link anyway. I have read many books and articles exposing the kingdom of darkness as they try to make nonsense of God's work. They sponsor such reports/findings so that many people will believe their lies and fall from grace.

I used to be someone who judges others alot. Then, I used to watch Pastor Chris- (not to get blessed) but to mock him; and T.B. Joshua- to laugh. But one fateful day God said "young man, you like judging others ehn! dont worry, you yourself will be judged". He then took me to when David could have killed Saul but he refused (because he recognised that Saul was once anointed) even though he knew the king had fallen out of favour with God. Since then I watch these two preachers; get the good stuff and reject any I feel are contrary to what God is saying.

We should not judge anyone, be it man of God or pauper/sinner. We should not spread such reports as well because you are killing people with your lips and pen. We should rather pray God reveals the truth to you and also pray for the salvation of such a person. You will be doing more good than damage if you do
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by obanikoro2(m): 9:52am On Nov 15, 2007
MCLOVIN:

Benny Hinn is due in naija in a few days, but I hear hes a heretic!
Read the full story
http://faceofnaija.corporatengdirect.com/misc/bnyhin.html

Did u ever consider the effect of your statement?
Do you know its possible for someone who was invited to the programme Benny Hinn was to minister, to change his mind about attending just because of ur statement?

If the answer is YES, then you have possible prevented that person from hearing other ministers of God, choir ministrations and testimonies that could have blessed him/her.

It could have been the persons last chance of salvation. It could have been that such an encounter will result to the birth of "a great servant of God" that will lead many others to Christ Jesus.

Do you now see the BIG PICTURE and possible effect of your posts?

@everyone

we should be very careful the kind of things contained in our posts and replies.And that also goes to you Seun- I have not been particularly impressed with some of urs
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 15, 2007
http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/main_miracles.html

http://www.burningcross.net/inquisition/benny-hinn-exposed-bbc.mov

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benny_hinn

excerpts

Criticism and Controversy

In April 2001 HBO aired a documentary called "A Question of Miracles" on Hinn. [2] The director Antony Thomas told CNN's Kyra Phillips that they did not find cases where people were healed by Hinn.[3] Thomas told the New York Times about Hinn's claims, "If I had seen miracles, I would have been happy to trumpet it . . . but in retrospect, I think they do more damage to Christianity than the most committed atheist."[4]

In 2002, Joe Nickell of the Skeptical Inquirer wrote a critical analysis of Hinn's healing claims.[7] Nickell cited information that Hinn's cures have not been documented by independent reviews, and said "there is a danger that people who believe themselves cured will forsake medical assistance that could bring them relief or even save their lives."[8]

In March 2005, Ministry Watch, an independent evangelical organization which reviews Christian ministries for financial transparency and efficiency and advises potential donors accordingly, issued a Donor Alert stating that "the reported exorbitant spending of the Hinn family reveals that BHM has far more money than it needs to carry out its ministry" and advising Christians to "prayerfully consider withholding contributions to Benny Hinn" while praying for his restoration and repentance.[9] Benny Hinn Ministries is not a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability.[10]

Starting in June of 2007, at the end of his This is Your Day program, Hinn stated he is behind in his bills to TBN and said he needs "your love gifts" so he can become current and continue to preach the gospel around the world.[citation needed] Hinn stated the cost of his worldwide crusades and the increased price of everything else has left him financially behind in his bills, but says TBN founders[b] Paul and Jan Crouch[/b] have been very supportive. In December 2006, he sent out a mailing asking for donations towards a new Gulfstream G4SP jet valued at an estimated $36 million.[11]

offtopic:
more on paul crouch:

http://www.burningcross.net/inquisition/fox4crouch.mov

http://www.rickross.com/reference/tbn/tbn19.html

In November 2006 the CBC Television show the fifth estate did a special titled "Do You Believe in Miracles"on the apparent transgressions committed by Benny Hinn's ministry.[13] With the aid of hidden cameras and crusade witnesses, the producers of the show attempted to demonstrate Benny's misappropriation of funds, his fabrication of the truth and, the way in which his staff chose crusade audience members to come on stage for televised healings. According to the show the seriously disabled who attend his healings are interviewed and then weeded out from ever getting the chance to come on stage. Instead, those who have minor injuries are brought up in their place. Benny Hinn claims proof from the faithful's doctors that healings have been successful. However according to the show none of these doctor notes have ever been produced as evidence to his claims.

if this is what we get from 'Anointed Men of God', what can we expect from their followers? undecided
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 15, 2007
http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/main_miracles.html

excerpts

Benny Hinn insists that every penny is spent on God's work. But the fifth estate obtained confidential financial records from inside the Hinn ministry. These documents were provided by individuals who say they want the public to know how Benny Hinn spends the money entrusted to him.

The fifth estate asked Roddy Allan, a forensic accountant, to review the ministry's expense and travel records. He says, "I'm a mere bean counter, but it would be hard to persuade me that you had to incur that kind of expense in order to accomplish a business objective."
The prestigious Lanesborough Hotel, next to Buckingham Palace, is frequented by celebrities such as Madonna and Micheal Jackson.

Here is a very small sampling of financial records from the summer of 2003. At that time Hinn had crusades in St. Petersburg, Russia and Stockholm, Sweden then departed for a four day whirlwind trip to Italy and London, billing it as a simple layover.
A hotel bill for room service and chauffeur services at the Lanesborough Hotel in London (see bill .pdf)
Tips given to staff at Lanesborough Hotel in London after a one day stay (see chit .pdf)
Tips given to the staff at the Savoia Hotel in Milan, Italy (see chit .pdf)
$5000US dollars cash given to Pastor Benny Hinn (PBH), no details for the reason (see chit .pdf)
A gift from Benny Hinn to a 'homeless woman with a baby' of $20US (see chit .pdf)

i have to wonder just what is christianity really built on, if these are the antics of its most famous speakers?
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by mellow(m): 12:47pm On Nov 15, 2007
Touch not my annointed and do my Prophets no harm.[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by KDK(m): 4:58pm On Nov 15, 2007
You guys should please read PHIL 1:16- 18.

16The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:

17But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.

18What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 15, 2007
Trust oyb to come out full force.
I thank God that Christians are not threatened with chopping off of heads when they point out aspects of a ministry that appear wrong.

Benny Hinn and a few others including my darling Creflo Dollar are being probed by a senator for financial stuff,let's watch out how that goes.
Men of God ought to be extremely careful and strive to remain transparent.
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 15, 2007
oyb:

http://i have to wonder just what is christianity really built on, if these are the antics of its most famous speakers?

as long as you permit us to ask why Muslims marry 6 year old girls and behead infidels,afterall Mohammed did it lipsrsealed

Preachers are not the standards of any Christians.
Any Christian looking up to a preacher for guidance is on the wrong ship.
The standard will always remain Jesus Christ.

If Benny or any preachers break the law,they ought to be tried and sentenced and until they are found guilty of any crimes,you better shut up! grin
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by MCLOVIN: 11:35pm On Nov 15, 2007
Hello all , I would implore all who have read this post to log on to and study www.gjigt.com

This website will open your eyes and awaken I hope most if not all of you to the following realities:

1. The anti christ has been revealed and is going about his work behind the scenes and will make himself obvious to all ONLY at the 11th hour

2. False prophets are alive and well and are leading many to eternal doom. Someof them are the most 'popular' 'charismatic' preachers around today. The worst part is that majority of them don't know thyre leading people astray.

3. There will be NO pretribulation rapture contrary to what we are taght in church. We will all have a choice to choose or reject the mark of the beast. Sadly, most peeps wont know what theyre actually getting as this will be cleverly disguised as some legal requirement to exist in the anti christ goverment ie eat, school, buy sell travel, you can see some these things happening gradually already.

4. A ll peeps alive will witness WWIIII a thermonuclear war where USA will be destroyed by a suprise attack by The present Russian Ideology.

USa will attack Iran before this. Israel will be attacked by a Islamic coalition of nations at the same time USA is nuked.

5. God will send people of the world a strong delusion that they might believe a lie , im not suprised by some of the replies here.

6. Lots lots more, etc etc

Please please check this site out

The bottom line is we all need to repent and face God, oooo we gotta stop using pastors as yardstick for holiness nd all that. look to your KJV bible instead!
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by omoge(f): 1:46am On Nov 16, 2007
@poster

He is going to naija again? shocked i thought he was upset the last time he went cuz he did make much money lipsrsealed
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by Nobody: 1:49am On Nov 16, 2007
jerrymania:

@ davidylan@yahoo.com

r u Davidylan? Well i aint impressed if you're because posts by you are not insightful compared to your clone's.

bros, i totally appreciate your wisdom. That man is a fake. Dont let him decieve you.

davidyland@yahoo.com DOES NOT speak for the me.
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by Nobody: 2:03am On Nov 16, 2007
I'm still trying to understand the rationale behind this post
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by janami(f): 8:27am On Nov 16, 2007
when it comes to things like this, i often try to avoid internet links. How credible is the thing? i rather go back to my bible. Even the devil can post a story on line, what else is new? there are so many sites back talking the bible, pls be careful about what u read. this afterall is d endtime
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by mrpataki(m): 8:58am On Nov 16, 2007
@ topic,

No I don't think so.
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by Backslider(m): 9:45am On Nov 16, 2007
@ KDK

18What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

Christ is not preached by this man called Benny Hinn. Listen to his message.
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by cgift(m): 11:44am On Nov 16, 2007
Actually, i find it difficult to place him especially[b] for the fact [/b]that not one of the very many 'supposed mracles' have been verifiable by doctors. I am yet to find one proven by medicine to corroborate any purported miracle.

He may have started out well but seems to have lost it somewhere along the line! One sure way to know is to listen to his messages with rapt attention and with a very discerning mind and deep meditation, you will know if truly he preaches Christ or something else.

His extravagant lifestyle and lack of accountability is another cause for worry. Well, God is the judge and not man. Once your spirit does not agree with him, do not condemn him but just look elsewhere and leave the rest to God. Now I hope I have not judged him already?
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by Ivvie: 9:21pm On Nov 16, 2007
Benny Hinn is a complete fraud. I remember the staunt of Christ he pulled in Kenya that ended with Jesus leaving in a Mercedes Benz. Abstain from this preacher. His church in Dallas is another Hollywood paliarment. He is not teaching the gospel as given in the bible.
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by face969: 11:55pm On Nov 16, 2007
I see we have a few discerning brethren in the house . Thank God!
Re: Benny Hinn Is A Heretic? by face969: 12:07am On Nov 17, 2007
"He is going to naija again? Shocked i thought he was upset the last time he went because he did make much money" Lips sealed

I really dunno, If he shows up just dnt go, undecided

(1) (2)

What Do Muslim Think About Jesus / Celestial Church Of Christ- Orin Emi / God Cannot Kill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.