Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,263 members, 7,860,610 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:16 PM

Is Time Endless? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Time Endless? (722 Views)

Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year / Enough Is Enough It Is Time To Engage Your Angels. / Is Time Endless? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Time Endless? by Nobody: 8:08am On May 08, 2012
will there be an end to time? because if you turn your calendar back to may 8 1995 you will be in 1995 because you want to see it that way.if the planet wants to turn time 20 years forward its just to change the numbers.is time endless? and have we been here all along?
Re: Is Time Endless? by Nobody: 8:27am On May 08, 2012
if you see the muslims have a different time system, also with some mystic societies, and other countries like china, copts etc. so is time just something a man just wanted to understand so he put some numbers to it?
Re: Is Time Endless? by AlvinPlantinga: 9:00am On May 08, 2012
diluminati, Time is really not a thing in itself.Time is just how we measure change.Humans have calenders and clocks to differentiate one event from another,one instance from another.

The fact that humans measure change differently does not in anyway suggest that Temporal becoming is illusory.Temporal Becoming is the state of things coming into and out of existence.The feeling that things are changing around us.I am still not sleeping at the moment, i slept and now i am awake.

The question of whether time is endless is a rather complex one.Time can be described as a potential infinite.I.e, Tending towards infinity but never quite getting there.Its like someone who is counting from 1,2,3,4,5................ and never stops.So in someway, you could say that time is endless.But whether this will be the state of affairs in the physical world, is still open to debate.We will have to get into the whole debate of the entropy of the Universe, etc.

Time is rarely an easy topic.
Re: Is Time Endless? by rastamouse: 9:07am On May 08, 2012
AlvinPlantinga: diluminati, Time is really not a thing in itself.Time is just how we measure change.Humans have calenders and clocks to differentiate one event from another,one instance from another.

The fact that humans measure change differently does not in anyway suggest that Temporal becoming is illusory.Temporal Becoming is the state of things coming into and out of existence.The feeling that things are changing around us.I am still not sleeping at the moment, i slept and now i am awake.

The question of whether time is endless is a rather complex one.Time can be described as a potential infinite.I.e, Tending towards infinity but never quite getting there.Its like someone who is counting from 1,2,3,4,5................ and never stops.So in someway, you could say that time is endless.But whether this will be the state of affairs in the physical world, is still open to debate.We will have to get into the whole debate of the entropy of the Universe, etc.

Time is rarely an easy topic.

Quite contrary to your point, time is very tangible. For instance, in the spiritual realm, time does not exist so things can happen instantaneously. However, in the physical world, time is a law. As Solomon intelligently put it, for everything under the sun, there is a time and a season.

On whether time is endless, I will say NO. Time will come to an end when JESUS returns or when we die. That is what eternity is all about. If time exist after the return of CHRIST, then we cannot lay claim to eternity.

(1) (Reply)

New Noisemakers Showed Up, Church Won't Let Me Sleep - Part.2 / For Those Of You Talking Shit About T.B. Joshua,check This Out!!! / Petition To Seun For The MERGING Of Islam And Religion Forums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.