Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? (16186 Views)

Poll: Which album is tighter?

Curicullum Vitae: 61% (33 votes)
Solar Plexus: 38% (21 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: Has Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus lived to expectations?

Yes: 50% (8 votes)
It hasnt: 6% (1 vote)
Very poor,shit album!: 25% (4 votes)
Average album: 18% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

K-switch 'sister Caro' Was A Greater Hit Than D Solar Plexus Album Combined! / Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! / Download Complete Solar Plexus By Marvin Records (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by opee1231(f): 9:22am On May 09, 2012
the songs weren't bad, but left to me Don Jazzy shouldn't have rushed this album, he should have waited for D'banj to come up with his first n lets hear him out, now am sure D'banj would have listen to this n quickly correct his error..it was a good one though!! smiley
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by scottN(m): 9:24am On May 09, 2012
All those condemning this LP are so used to the Dbanj-Don Jazzy collabos.
This LP is some fresh air and once again another new form of Don Jazzy production innovation.
All tracks are potential hits.
Listening to the LP, I can't see Dbanj fit in to any of the songs.Get the drift........
This is truly a new dimension and b4 u know it we'll all appreciate it with more time and plays.
Keep it up MAVIN Records! And I hope Dbanj can replicate this and do more; 4 a healthy competition and
bring out the best in both of them. I wish them both best of luck!
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by AlusiOkija: 9:52am On May 09, 2012
As expected from an Igbo boy... Not his best work but defo a good album. Better that what most Ofe boys have put out lately.

Go and hask ur mummy
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Jomiliny(m): 10:03am On May 09, 2012
I think it is a good idea from Don Baba Jay. I love the combination Don Jazzy, Wande Coal, Dr. Sid, D Prince and The Madam Tiwa Savage. I love their ideas they have release an album which i have downloaded all the music. Its a good thing sha. Kudos to Don Baba Jay
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Esinwaju: 11:52am On May 09, 2012
[quote author=Alusi Okija]As expected from an Igbo boy... Not his best work but defo a good album. Better that what most Ofe boys have put out lately.

Go and hask ur mummy[/quote slowpoke.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by gaffer: 1:16pm On May 09, 2012
charlesopp: better dan d previous? Guy U̶̲̥̅̊ Ω̴̩δ well

Can't you listen to d songs properly. Dumb skull!
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Abagworo(m): 3:34pm On May 09, 2012
"Amarachi" by D Prince is a certified hit. Can't stop jamming the song. D'banj could have gone places with the song. D Prince is a success going by his number of hits so far. "Omoba", "Jonzin" ,"Give it to me" and this "Amarachi".
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Shimog(m): 4:42pm On May 09, 2012
THE SONG IS NOT UP TO DON JAZZYS EXPECTATION, IT IS AS IF THEY(MAVIN) AS IN A RUSH TO SHOW CASE THEIR NEW BRAND, WHATS ALL THIS MAVIN MODE ATTIVATED, AM I WATCHING STAR TREK(STAR TREK IS FOR CHILDREN)IT WAS IN ALMOST ALL THEIR SONG, NWANNEM DON JAZZY DONT LET (THE BANJI)WIN YOU, MAKE UNA CORDINATE AS BEFORE GIVE ME THE GBEDU
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by charlesopp(m): 4:57pm On May 09, 2012
gaffer:

Can't you listen to d songs properly. Dumb skull!
na b ur fault na d intepretation ur brain gav to d song D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ mak U̶̲̥̅̊ yarn opass..na spermcells full ur head..ode oshi..
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by omosexy1: 9:05pm On May 09, 2012
First and foremost, the songs we listen to now cannot be compared to the Naija songs of the 80' and early 90'. What we hear now are beats and poor lyrical contents and lack of creativity, even some artistes mumble with the beats.

For people who say that Don Jazzy rushed the album, it makes me wonder if he had ever done a track without rushing it. From "Tell me the Koko" to "Oliver Twist" was rushed (most Nigerian musics nowadays are rushed, 2days, 1 day, some minutes; I wonder where they are rushing to?).

Overall, the album is poor compared to what we have seen Don Jazzy do in the past. To me I feel the artistes were competing to keep up with the beats, most of the tracks are noisy, with each artiste delivering either recycled lyrics or poor lyrical content. I even believe the musical reputation of Tiwa Savage is on the line, with hit tracks like Kele Kele Love, only for this poor delivery on Oma Ge (makes me wonder if she writes her song, she was even using Terry G's crappy lyrics). Wande Coal (I had to adjust my headset, that guy was screaming more than Michael Jackson plus the autotunes effect). For Dr. SID and D' Prince, we all know they are average musicians, I think D' Prince did well in Amarachi and Banana. Dr. SID and Don Jazzy were just experimenting. The Techno beats on CPR would have been handled better by someone who has strong vocals. The Chocolate beat was really wasted. I know Wiz Kid with his autotune enhanced voice will do justice to that beat. He tried with "YOLO".

On the business side, Don Jazzy should allow other producers produce beats for his artiste, else diminishing returns will set in (that is why some people were asking why all the beats sound alike) and he should sign real talents roaming around the country. As a business man, I like the fact that he quickly put out something (although of poor quality) to notify people that he is still standing strong. I wish him the very best and his artistes too. Well if his next release is going to be something close to this, my money no go leave pocket.

PS: I wonder how D'Banj would have handled "Banana". I missed their collaboration. Guys if you do find time, try listening to musics of the 80s' and compare it to what we are listening to now. Well I will strongly suggest it to the young lads, because many of them are happy with these crappy stuff. Also, the noise about Don Jazzy being the best producer in Africa should stop, they are some very d.o.p.e producers in Egypt, Democratic Republic of Congo and South Africa that are not making noise. No doubt, he a very creative producer that his beats makes me wonder if they were computer generated or something else, however, please note that some Nigerian producers are also catching up.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 09, 2012
just listened to d entire album and honestly i nearly threw my sound system out the window... i mean that ish was WACK! no hating i love d mavin crew and wish them well but this was most def not a stella performance by any means. the only songs i even thought about repeating where 'im a mavin' and 'si mi ri' by wande coal apart from that, there where few instances of good production from jazzy but generally weak performance from the artistes which gives me a feeling don j put more effort into the album than his singers and if i was him i would flog them seriously for wasting my beats. CV by mohits was a FAR better collaborative album.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by gaffer: 9:58pm On May 09, 2012
charlesopp: na b ur fault na d intepretation ur brain gav to d song D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ mak U̶̲̥̅̊ yarn opass..na spermcells full ur head..ode oshi..

Mumu like u dey call person ode oshi. Ki lo omode mo....You know nothing dude, u have no musical sense at all. IDIOT. You had better crawl back to romance Section and never come back here to comment jargons... Nonsense!!!
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by brabus(m): 10:31pm On May 09, 2012
Nice effort by Don Jazzy but could be better. Truth be told, I missed @iamdbanj swag in the album. Everybody in suit reminds me of the movie "Men in Black"

Can't be compared with Mohits Allstars.

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by moruphb: 11:44pm On May 09, 2012
sentiment apart, this album is below expectation, is it not the same don baba that produced old wande album, he should have taken his time mehn!...i swear don jazzy better pass this noise called solar plexus.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by teskyg: 6:49am On May 10, 2012
This Album is total crap.I tried not tp be biased when I was listening to the Album.I was patience and open minded,didn't hear any gud music.You don't need to listen to a good Music over and over before you know its good.Please,listen to Wande Coal single,Go slow.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Ikanium(m): 10:11am On May 10, 2012
pls lets try and call a spade a spade this is unlike of don baba come on this are all total poo poo bullshit..... Too many shit in this album ewwwwwwwed!!!! Pls
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Aygem(m): 10:31am On May 10, 2012
Why do people get addicted to personalities and celebs so much that they are blind to their flaws? Take it or leave it,solar plexus album was rushed by micheal ajere(don jazzy) and co to remain relevant in the music industry with little recourse to the quality of the songs. The Wande Coal we know isnt as lyrically weak as espoused in this album and d swag imprints of dir sid wasnt as bad as wat is in the album,d prince is a below average musician who is being blended wit good sounds to be marketable but the lack of talent and swag could be evident in the tracks he owns. Tiwa Savage should have been allowed to sing more tracks cos she is super talented and has an outstanding vocal ability, she arguable is the best female vocalist naija hip hop scene has. Oma ga was a nice track by her,the best in the album. Wande Coal Forever is fair enough but the album in a general view is noisy and unforgivably wack!

1 Like

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by osasp(m): 12:59pm On May 10, 2012
Wasn't impressed! I understand he's under a lot of pressure though because of the question on everyones lips as well as the recent turn of events. For that, I'll let it slide because there's no arguing his creativity, that's stamped! But DJ needs to come harder next time, if anything, this should put him in the right mindset from hereon. I like what someone up there said about him getting other producers to make beats just to make his work more rounded.and what's with people having a go at eachother, is it wrong to have an opinion?

All in all I give it a 6/10

DJ can do better.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Maxybaby(f): 11:08pm On May 10, 2012
I use ζΘ think that Ɖ Mavin's album weren't Ș☺ Ġ☺☺Ɗ. ΒƱζ I take it back. All Ɖ tracks are d bomb! Well expect ƒΘŗ (CPR).
I suggest Ʊ play it on å Ġ☺☺Ɗ sound system, or å Ġ☺☺Ɗ stereo ear ρħΘŋ℮.
♏γ fav ìș "Why You Over There" its Ș☺ crazy. Its different compared ζΘ all Ɖ type Θƒ music our naija artists dish out ζΘ us.
Thumbs ƱƤ Mavins.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by ezyhno: 8:14am On May 11, 2012
sharp man: I am not a fan of any..........but truth be told..........that album is Poo.

Rushed job........nothing spectacular......boring songs..........Don Baba should have don a better job.

Your observation should have been expressed in more constructive manner then maybe your points would have gone down better

entertainment is both an act and Art..they are subjective to individual preferences..whats good for you is omen for another .....
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by ezyhno: 8:18am On May 11, 2012
omosexy1: First and foremost, the songs we listen to now cannot be compared to the Naija songs of the 80' and early 90'. What we hear now are beats and poor lyrical contents and lack of creativity, even some artistes mumble with the beats.

For people who say that Don Jazzy rushed the album, it makes me wonder if he had ever done a track without rushing it. From "Tell me the Koko" to "Oliver Twist" was rushed (most Nigerian musics nowadays are rushed, 2days, 1 day, some minutes; I wonder where they are rushing to?).

Overall, the album is poor compared to what we have seen Don Jazzy do in the past. To me I feel the artistes were competing to keep up with the beats, most of the tracks are noisy, with each artiste delivering either recycled lyrics or poor lyrical content. I even believe the musical reputation of Tiwa Savage is on the line, with hit tracks like Kele Kele Love, only for this poor delivery on Oma Ge (makes me wonder if she writes her song, she was even using Terry G's crappy lyrics). Wande Coal (I had to adjust my headset, that guy was screaming more than Michael Jackson plus the autotunes effect). For Dr. SID and D' Prince, we all know they are average musicians, I think D' Prince did well in Amarachi and Banana. Dr. SID and Don Jazzy were just experimenting. The Techno beats on CPR would have been handled better by someone who has strong vocals. The Chocolate beat was really wasted. I know Wiz Kid with his autotune enhanced voice will do justice to that beat. He tried with "YOLO".

On the business side, Don Jazzy should allow other producers produce beats for his artiste, else diminishing returns will set in (that is why some people were asking why all the beats sound alike) and he should sign real talents roaming around the country. As a business man, I like the fact that he quickly put out something (although of poor quality) to notify people that he is still standing strong. I wish him the very best and his artistes too. Well if his next release is going to be something close to this, my money no go leave pocket.

PS: I wonder how D'Banj would have handled "Banana". I missed their collaboration. Guys if you do find time, try listening to musics of the 80s' and compare it to what we are listening to now. Well I will strongly suggest it to the young lads, because many of them are happy with these crappy stuff. Also, the noise about Don Jazzy being the best producer in Africa should stop, they are some very d.o.p.e producers in Egypt, Democratic Republic of Congo and South Africa that are not making noise. No doubt, he a very creative producer that his beats makes me wonder if they were computer generated or something else, however, please note that some Nigerian producers are also catching up.

you dey vex oo this guy...leave don jazzy now..
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by okgerald(m): 1:55pm On May 11, 2012
I have downloaded the album but have not really sat down to listen but am sure with d lil have heard, its gonna be nice
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Abagworo(m): 7:09pm On May 11, 2012
This is so good a mixtape that people mistaken it for a released album.

1 Like

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by montelik(m): 8:54pm On May 11, 2012
Abagworo: This is so good a mixtape that people mistaken it for a released album.

On point.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by MrGlobe(m): 9:06pm On May 11, 2012
deenee: Just for the record, mohits signed a 'distribution deal' filled with a lot of 'caveats' with kanye for his music label to help launch dbanj into the US market and kanye has not made any financial commitment to dbanj at all.

We Nigerians are wishful thinkers and misconstrue a lot. No wonder there is a proliferation of churches all over the country. Let's ask ourselves some vital questions, if dbanj is signed to good music as an artiste why is he then signed to mercury music uk? Why not pack his bags and fly over to NYC and release his album in the states? Why is he funding the release of his uk album himself without any backing from kanye or even his new record label? The deal signed with good music is similar to that signed by cash money with universal music. Lil wayne is signed to cash money yet has a distribution deal with universal, 50 cent to shady records and a deal with interscope to distribute and sell his music, slim shady to dr dre's label and a distribution deal with interscope too. Lady gaga to akon's konvict music and with a distribution deal with sony/universal. Even our very own wizkid and psquare just signed similar deals with akon's konvict music so as to use that platform to promote their music abroad which implies that they would be launching an 'international version' of the albums they wish to push into the US market.

This said I will opine that the album is not at par with other past albums. However, this new release is free and for promotional purposes only so I in my own view would not expect it to be a masterpiece!

Best of luck to both parties!
Tell them my bro. Nigerians are the greatest wishful thinkers on earth. Thats why the politicians continue to rip us off because the ordinary Nigerian will be saying Nigeria is the richest nation on earth with the condition it is today. Am tired of hearing kanye signed dbanj to good music. How can the entire population fall to a marketing ploy? Dbanj is not even listed on Good Music website as its artist
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by onandon: 11:32pm On May 11, 2012
Yolo, banana, o ma ga, amarachi, se mi ri are good dance tracks.. I missed d banj on the Amarachi track he woulda made it better. Chocolate has a wickid beat, mature instrumental but Sid coulda don better. Listen with your earphones you won't stop bobing your head.

1 Like

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Nobody: 12:12am On May 12, 2012
Ok I just heard TAKE BANANA for the first time in a club setting, and I must say it's a banger. Who would have thought the D'Prince of all peopl. . . Not even Tiwa's Oma ga elicited the kind of reaction take banana did.

Let's see what becomes of this noisy album, it may very well become a big hit altogether.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by akikanju(m): 3:33pm On Dec 26, 2012
No other word for it,its a flop. Chikena!
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Aygem(m): 9:07am On Jul 30, 2013
Now the dkm albulm has been releaed, the whole world can now see who can do without who.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria? / Debie Rise - Here To Stay (Video) / A Review Of "Ponmile" By Reminisce And Its Reference To Domestic Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.