Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? (16188 Views)

Poll: Which album is tighter?

Curicullum Vitae: 61% (33 votes)
Solar Plexus: 38% (21 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: Has Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus lived to expectations?

Yes: 50% (8 votes)
It hasnt: 6% (1 vote)
Very poor,shit album!: 25% (4 votes)
Average album: 18% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

K-switch 'sister Caro' Was A Greater Hit Than D Solar Plexus Album Combined! / Don Jazzy's The Solar Plexus Album Was A Flop Afterall! / Download Complete Solar Plexus By Marvin Records (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Josh316(m): 10:21pm On May 08, 2012
FLOP kor!!! for your Information, Amarachi is trending on twitter and the songs are WOW!!

STOP LISTENING TO THE SONGS ON UR BLACKBERRY CURVE ONE AND USE A PROPER SOUND SYSTEM OR A BEATS BY DRE EARPIECE...

mavin records... grin

1 Like

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Josh316(m): 10:31pm On May 08, 2012
BABE!:
On a general note, I didn't like it. . . very whack. . . especially the songs by D'prince with the exception of Amarachi, which is ironically the best on the "album".

Tiwa Savage's Oma ga is aight. . .very Azonto-able.. . . listening to it with speakers helped.

I wish she had more tracks on the album. I guess her saying "MAVIN ACTIVATED" 45 times is equivalent to 2 songs.

CPR??. . . It sounded like I was listening to Justin Beiber or Taio Cruz

Yolo. . . very dancable.. good beat!

I get why people are saying it seemed rushed. . .
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Aygem(m): 10:31pm On May 08, 2012
Imagine a new picture of the mavins! Lmao!

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by mandsignal(m): 10:41pm On May 08, 2012
guy see don JAZZY won raise money to buy equipments or rather testing microphoneWATCH OUT FOR PART 2 .........
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by carcruiser: 10:46pm On May 08, 2012
Mr. Globe:
My problem is that I dont like when you guys are always associating Kanye with dbanj. Kanye has never made any committance with dbanj whatsoever. Dbanj is his own man. Enough of this kanye this kanye that. Mohits paid to sign a distribution deal with kanye which has failed and it involved both don jazzy. You guys run with everything, you ran with illuminati, now anywhere there is dbanj in nigeria there must be kanye. Kanye really messed up to bring this rubbish on his name.
Btw, the songs ve heard so far from the solar abi nepa plexus are trash! trash. Kill yourself if you think those songs are good.

Hi DBanj, never knew you visit Nairaland once in a while....BUT ITS DON JAZZY AGAIN!! FILE! DONT TOUCH IT! OSHE!

1 Like

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by FashTheGem: 10:49pm On May 08, 2012
Me self hear the album, d album dull joor,im no swit at all,na only that lady track beta 4 d rubbish album! Make don jazzy go sleep.

1 Like

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by carcruiser: 10:52pm On May 08, 2012
Josh316: FLOP kor!!! for your Information, Amarachi is trending on twitter and the songs are WOW!!

STOP LISTENING TO THE SONGS ON UR BLACKBERRY CURVE ONE AND USE A PROPER SOUND SYSTEM OR A BEATS BY DRE EARPIECE...

mavin records... grin

Nice one man! People just sit down n criticize as they please. Illuminati advocates!
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by mike404(m): 11:08pm On May 08, 2012
Don Baba Jay carry go ;DDon Baba Jay carry go
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by alphamars(m): 11:17pm On May 08, 2012
No hating...I listen to the entire album and came up with the same conclusion as the writer...this is a huge flop...but hope for better song from them...everybody loves don jazzy and want the best for him but this right here is below par.

2 Likes

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by fili24: 11:30pm On May 08, 2012
why are the Igbos hating on D'banj??
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Nobody: 11:30pm On May 08, 2012
The album no make it at all... cry
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by gregg2: 11:42pm On May 08, 2012
Tiwa lyrics on Oma Ga is super.
Love that song.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by unix4real1(m): 11:45pm On May 08, 2012
Josh316: FLOP kor!!! for your Information, Amarachi is trending on twitter and the songs are WOW!!

mavin records... grin

The best post here so far..listening to d tracks on your computer or laptop or your china blackberry (like my guy talk) would do bad justice to don baba`s efforts. Condenming any track after listening to it once or twice is rubbish. To me the album is just a promo for the new crew and individual album is still coming up, the tracks are just some hours old and about 4 tracks has been making waves already, what else do you want from these guys

I won`t say much sha cos different people with different opinion, imagine a guy here on nairaland saying My rainbw by tuface is wack, you see say e no need make person dey waste him time dey argue with some people here. so stick to wetin u know and enjoy good music.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by zerocool(m): 3:21am On May 09, 2012
I laff in Swahili. I am amazed when people talk about listening to a song in a better sound system. Whether china phone or staple center sound system, a sweet song will always be a sweet song.

It is so glaring that what people just listen to, is the beats of those songs.. what about the lyrics and chorus? Truth be told, most of the lyrics and chorus of the songs are just not too good.

A D'Banj singing that "Take Banana" song would have killed it!

Well, all in all, it was a rushed job.. Btw, who is Don Jazzy competing against by releasing an album so fast? D'Banj? Lol. I am sure D'Banj wouldn't be looking to compete or beef with these guys cos it is waste of time.. since he knows they are a group and he is just one person.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:00am On May 09, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4An99ieskY

This is a classic. This track is going to be a big hit. As for the Album it is very hot. All tracks are amazing but Forever by Wande Coal is the winner. My best line from the album, "Where You dey work, you dey Shop (Chop), that is why Oyibo man call am WORKSHOP. Classic. Props to Don Jazzy and long live MAVIN RECORDS.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Nobody: 4:15am On May 09, 2012
The album hot like fiya ooo! Tiwa Savage na the baddest babe for Naija. Na only one album she get for that album o!! "Oma Ga" easily na the best song for Solar Plexus. Different style, fresh like Obalende suya. Every song wey D'Prince spit na gold. "Amarachi" is big. D'Prince no even get album to him name and he dey over-relevant. Wande's "Forever" na bomb track too. The only person wey mess up na Dr. Sid. CPR na yeye. That track needs CPR.

2 Likes

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:38am On May 09, 2012
ogugua88: The album hot like fiya ooo! Tiwa Savage na the baddest babe for Naija. Na only one album she get for that album o!! "Oma Ga" easily na the best song for Solar Plexus. Different style, fresh like Obalende suya. Every song wey D'Prince spit na gold. "Amarachi" is big. D'Prince no even get album to him name and he dey over-relevant. Wande's "Forever" na bomb track too. The only person wey mess up na Dr. Sid. CPR na yeye. That track needs CPR.

Forever Has been on repeat for 1HR on my Headset. Oma Ga make sense but I am feeling Forever - Wande Coal. Nice work for a Promo Album.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:45am On May 09, 2012
MeGaStReEt: MAVIN = Mohit Artist Versus Illuminati Niggas!

QUOTE OF THE WEEK. CLASSIC. grin grin grin grin

Thanks Don Jazzy and Mavin crew for this nice gift.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by charlesopp(m): 5:29am On May 09, 2012
gaffer:

Even if he rushed the album, tell me which producer in this Africa can rush album and still produce songs and beats of this magnitude

Let the truth be told, this guy is GOOD. This album better than d previous ones
better dan d previous? Guy U̶̲̥̅̊ Ω̴̩δ well
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by deenee: 6:05am On May 09, 2012
Just for the record, mohits signed a 'distribution deal' filled with a lot of 'caveats' with kanye for his music label to help launch dbanj into the US market and kanye has not made any financial commitment to dbanj at all.

We Nigerians are wishful thinkers and misconstrue a lot. No wonder there is a proliferation of churches all over the country. Let's ask ourselves some vital questions, if dbanj is signed to good music as an artiste why is he then signed to mercury music uk? Why not pack his bags and fly over to NYC and release his album in the states? Why is he funding the release of his uk album himself without any backing from kanye or even his new record label? The deal signed with good music is similar to that signed by cash money with universal music. Lil wayne is signed to cash money yet has a distribution deal with universal, 50 cent to shady records and a deal with interscope to distribute and sell his music, slim shady to dr dre's label and a distribution deal with interscope too. Lady gaga to akon's konvict music and with a distribution deal with sony/universal. Even our very own wizkid and psquare just signed similar deals with akon's konvict music so as to use that platform to promote their music abroad which implies that they would be launching an 'international version' of the albums they wish to push into the US market.

This said I will opine that the album is not at par with other past albums. However, this new release is free and for promotional purposes only so I in my own view would not expect it to be a masterpiece!

Best of luck to both parties!

1 Like

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by ncpat(m): 6:14am On May 09, 2012
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by BENJAMZ: 6:53am On May 09, 2012
D truth is dat d productions r unlike don jazzy....word!!! D mixing is very poor nt jst bright
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by frgy1: 7:01am On May 09, 2012
montelik: This was a free album, one that came out with virtually no promotion. Don Jazzy announced the new label Sunday and released the free album Tuesday. This was clearly a promotional tool to help garner publicity for the new label and whatever new projects they hope to start, not a money making or chart bursting release. Why would any body expect this album to match the quality and content of other Don Jazzy productions when this one was free with no promotion what so ever. So Mo'hits all stars CV album was better, but that wasn't a free album with no promotion.

Mixtapes don't usually have better originality, finishing and production than an actual album project. This was a nice little bonus to fans. Personally its a lot better than most mixtapes and free promo records in the naija market recently.
Thumbs up bro , you are one of the few that understands what Don jazzy is doing , this release is doing exactly what its created to do
Hate it , be indifferent or Love it , YOU ARE ALL TALKING ABOUT/LISTENING TO MAVIN !!!

1 Like

Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Nobody: 7:40am On May 09, 2012
djojo: @poster, the album that came out yesterday, and u av already condemn it not to be good, i think u av insert some cotton wool with oil in ur hear that makes u not to feel the lyrics and beats of the Album.
As for D'banj, i wish him best of luck, but Mr Poster, dont ever condemn what u cant do

That's where you get it wrong , he can condemn what he can't do if those meant to do it don't do it right. I bake bread , so if I bake thrash for you won't you condemn it ? can you bake ?
Back to the topic
As far as I'm concerned naija music and music industry are trash save the likes of Asha and Cobhams , so the poster might not be entirely wrong
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by FashTheGem: 7:52am On May 09, 2012
zerocool: I laff in Swahili. I am amazed when people talk about listening to a song in a better sound system. Whether china phone or staple center sound system, a sweet song will always be a sweet song.

It is so glaring that what people just listen to, is the beats of those songs.. what about the lyrics and chorus? Truth be told, most of the lyrics and chorus of the songs are just not too good.

A D'Banj singing that "Take Banana" song would have killed it!

Well, all in all, it was a rushed job.. Btw, who is Don Jazzy competing against by releasing an album so fast? D'Banj? Lol. I am sure D'Banj wouldn't be looking to compete or beef with these guys cos it is waste of time.. since he knows they are a group and he is just one person.

you are on point bro! Its an excuse for d flop album joor,u talking about sound system? How chop my money or oliver twist come sweet 4 lappy and fone and dis one no sweet at all?
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by IamChiboi(m): 7:55am On May 09, 2012
Solar Plexus is the most useless album ever released. Yes i sed it 3-|
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Eastcoast33(m): 8:02am On May 09, 2012
sharp man: I am not a fan of any..........but truth be told..........that album is Poo.

Rushed job........nothing spectacular......boring songs..........Don Baba should have don a better job.
haha u bad men! Dbanj? Lwkmd
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by FashTheGem: 8:12am On May 09, 2012
geenie: obviously - the poster is a dbanj fan.

FYI - all songs recorded by dbanj were written by don jazzy - so your d'banj is no super talent, don jazzy worked his ass of to build banjo's rep.

this album has cool songs - d'prince song "take banana" is A class.

wande's pretty girls and forever - outstanding

dr sid's cpr and chocolate - massive ear candy.

and tiwa - c'mon ....

I dont know what planet your from but the only producer that i have seen build entertaining songs like jazzy is Davido and even davido cant make serial hits using different genre's. D'banj is dead and gone and he knows it. There is no sampling that kanye west and his minion's can do, it will never sound like mavin baby.

[ shout out to the realest - those who have listened and understand naija music when it started - y'all know pure naija production when you hear it and this album SOLAR PLEXUS (sounds like a japanese car ) is a massive hit.

Personally, i think ice prince should spend sometime in the studio with don jazzy..... [ALL I WANNA SEE IZ THA N.Y.A.S.H]

see ur english-obviously- and u beta learn how to speak good english. Obviously shldnt and dsnt start a sentence.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Nobody: 8:31am On May 09, 2012
Well, what can I say? I can't say the album is a flop, cos some of the songs might grow on us - by the time you hear it in clubs, bars, etc over and over again. But having listened to all the songs, my immediate impression of the album is that it is TOO noisy. Gawd! It wasn't diversified enough; seems Don Jazzy was interested in forcing club bangers all through. I hate the fact that in most of the songs, the instrumentals seemed to overshadow the artists voices. Now for folks like Dr. Sid and D'Prince whose vocals are not so good, maybe that would have been fine. But for peeps like Wande and Tiwa who do have WONDERFUL vocals, it's a crying shame that their vocals were not exploited in the fullest glory of their sweetness.

The beats are too 'gboom gboom gbam, gbam', noise! The sounds are not as smooth and crisp as one would have hoped. Even the Tiwa song 'Oma ga', even though it's a hot sounding track, is not as sweet and smooth as her two previous hits (Kele Kele and Love Me Love Me). It's a huge deviation from her trademark sound, and severely underutilises her powerful vocal range.

But then, if Don Jazzy's goal was to produce club bangers for drunken revellers, then maybe all hope is not lost. I say this as a bona fide and unabashed Don Jazzy supporter. He has to go back to work for the subsequent albums, like seriously.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by Sike(m): 8:43am On May 09, 2012
I.D.G.A.F
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by omar22(m): 8:46am On May 09, 2012
geenie: obviously - the poster is a dbanj fan.

FYI - all songs recorded by dbanj were written by don jazzy - so your d'banj is no super talent, don jazzy worked his ass of to build banjo's rep.

this album has cool songs - d'prince song "take banana" is A class.

wande's pretty girls and forever - outstanding

dr sid's cpr and chocolate - massive ear candy.

and tiwa - c'mon ....

I dont know what planet your from but the only producer that i have seen build entertaining songs like jazzy is Davido and even davido cant make serial hits using different genre's. D'banj is dead and gone and he knows it. There is no sampling that kanye west and his minion's can do, it will never sound like mavin baby.

[ shout out to the realest - those who have listened and understand naija music when it started - y'all know pure naija production when you hear it and this album SOLAR PLEXUS (sounds like a japanese car ) is a massive hit.

Personally, i think ice prince should spend sometime in the studio with don jazzy..... [ALL I WANNA SEE IZ THA N.Y.A.S.H]

Whats the big deal if they write songs for D'banj! Rapper Teddy Riley wrote half of the songs on Michael Jackson's Dangerous album, R Kelly wrote "you are not alone" Tyresse Gibson, Rodney Jenkins and many more write music for the greatest artist ever.
Re: Is Don Jazzy's Solar Plexus A Flop? by FashTheGem: 8:48am On May 09, 2012
pro01: Well, what can I say? I can't say the album is a flop, cos some of the songs might grow on us - by the time you hear it in clubs, bars, etc over and over again. But having listened to all the songs, my immediate impression of the album is that it is TOO noisy. Gawd! It wasn't diversified enough; seems Don Jazzy was interested in forcing club bangers all through. I hate the fact that in most of the songs, the instrumentals seemed to overshadow the artists voices. Now for folks like Dr. Sid and D'Prince whose vocals are not so good, maybe that would have been fine. But for peeps like Wande and Tiwa who do have WONDERFUL vocals, it's a crying shame that their vocals were not exploited in the fullest glory of their sweetness.

The beats are too 'gboom gboom gbam, gbam', noise! The sounds are not as smooth and crisp as one would have hoped. Even the Tiwa song 'Oma ga', even though it's a hot sounding track, is not as sweet and smooth as her two previous hits (Kele Kele and Love Me Love Me). It's a huge deviation from her trademark sound, and severely underutilises her powerful vocal range.

But then, if Don Jazzy's goal was to produce club bangers for drunken revellers, then maybe all hope is not lost. I say this as a bona fide and unabashed Don Jazzy supporter. He has to go back to work for the subsequent albums, like seriously.

You really got my point,d album is too noisy,2 much sounds 4 a rash vocal performance by d unspiring artistes!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Is The Best Music Producer In Nigeria? / Debie Rise - Here To Stay (Video) / A Review Of "Ponmile" By Reminisce And Its Reference To Domestic Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.