Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Park And Pay Policy In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Park And Pay Policy In Abuja (935 Views)

Fg To Tax Voice Calls, Sms, Mms, Data And Pay Tv At 9% / The New Policy In Akwa-ibom State That May Affect Other States In Nigeria / Ogbunike Cave Gets $250m World Class Theme Park And Resort From APFD(Pics/Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Park And Pay Policy In Abuja by AbujaJobs1(m): 10:56am On May 08, 2012
For those of us who live in Abuja, you'll notice a new trend of late: park and pay or get your vehicle clamped. Who knows what's with the policy?
Re: Park And Pay Policy In Abuja by Bawss1(m): 7:58pm On May 08, 2012
Just another way for the FCDA to generate funds, I think. Whether this park and pay policy will lead to increases order in the streets is yet to be seen.
Re: Park And Pay Policy In Abuja by AbujaJobs1(m): 11:06am On May 09, 2012
^^^

I think you're right but it becomes worrisome when motorists have their vehicles clamped for overstaying their alloted parking time.
Re: Park And Pay Policy In Abuja by erefaa: 8:45am On May 25, 2012
I see this as anoda way of extorting money from pple.initialy,wen doz parking lines were drawn,pple parkn in them and the officials confrontd doz who ddnt park properly.d orderliness wz already obvious bt now that it has grown to d stage of paying per every 30mins,dts so unfair.y must we always copy wat d western world does wen we r not ready.over there,dey hv other comfortable means of transportation like trains bt we are stuck wiv buses and cars.pple wld rather buy their out cars because cabs r expensiv 2 hire.still we can't even enjoy usin our personal cars.ds country sef.
Re: Park And Pay Policy In Abuja by hakanai(m): 10:28am On May 25, 2012
erefaa: I see this as anoda way of extorting money from pple.initialy,wen doz parking lines were drawn,pple parkn in them and the officials confrontd doz who ddnt park properly.d orderliness wz already obvious bt now that it has grown to d stage of[b] paying per every 30mins[/b],dts so unfair.y must we always copy wat d western world does wen we r not ready.over there,dey hv other comfortable means of transportation like trains bt we are stuck wiv buses and cars.pple wld rather buy their out cars because cabs r expensiv 2 hire.still we can't even enjoy usin our personal cars.ds country sef.

^^^that part is sick and crazy.If you work around any area marked for tolls on parking,It will cost you 450 for a day!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked Add fuel and other expenses.what becomes of you salary.I really think its costly.People try to avoid such areas now due to this cost.So my advice to them would have being for motorist parking to pay a fixed rate of say #100.If you leave such parking area to another,then you should pay again.Otherwise a ticket in a zone should be okay for a day.Guess what,as it is now you pay them for 8hrs=#450 in an area and when you move to another area where the collectors are not from the same company, you are forced to pay again within this your exhausted time time.This is wrongfully done and makes it difficult for the motorist always.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria, Youth Empowerment , Industrialization And Governance / Edo State July 14 Poll Decide. (ACN Vs PDP) Vote Now. / Breaking News; Three Churches Bombed In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.