Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ (3686 Views)

Is It Just Me? / Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? / Is Life Real, Or Just A Dream? What If This World Is Just An Illusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 08, 2012
undecided There's this "attack" i had way back in my university days
i mean u feel pressed down or rather held to the bed with force by unseen hands.
One particular day,it was so bad i had my eyes wide open,
my body became heavy and i couldnt utter a word,
i wasnt sleeping oh,just lying down on my bed(upper bunk)
i had to plead the blood of Jesus! with my very last strenght

My friends,coursemates said they'd had similar weird experiences too.
Anyone else ever had this experience?
Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 08, 2012
hardleyC: undecided There's this "attack" i had way back in my university days
i mean u feel pressed down or rather held to the bed with force by unseen hands.
One particular day,it was so bad i had my eyes wide open,
my body became heavy and i couldn't utter a word,
i wasn't sleeping oh,just lying down on my bed(upper bunk)
i had to plead the blood of Jesus! with my very last strength

My friends,course-mates said they'd had similar weird experiences too.
Anyone else ever had this experience?

Hmmmm! That's a spiritual example of an oppression of the devil. It happens most time you fail to pray before going to bed. I use to have that experience back then, but now I'm free.

Thank God for Jesus!!!

1 Like

Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 08, 2012
Kunletiwoo, u couldnt av said it better,
i wasnt at all close to God back then,hence the oppression
but now, i m a fire brand!
Glory to Jesus!
Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 08, 2012
It normal thng naw, but 4 baby believers of christ or cal it less-spirited christian. I had d xperience wen i was a baby xtian, wen i visitd my occultic uncle in ph. He did dat so dat i wil neva com 2 his house agn. Dats once since i was born and neva agn and neva wil it hapen agn. But its very frequent in d south and east lyk AKS, whe witches and wizards is much. But cnt hapen naw 2me and 2 tough-spiritd xtians. So check urself: 1. Are u a true and real believer of xist-spirtual strong? 2. Check ur roomate or neighbours, theres a culprit. But u can catch hm/ha real gud.

1 Like

Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 08, 2012

1 Like

Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by Tgirl4real(f): 3:27pm On May 08, 2012
kunletiwoo:

Hmmmm! That's a spiritual example of an oppression of the devil. It happens most time you fail to pray before going to bed. I use to have that experience back then, but now I'm free.

Thank God for Jesus!!!

It could be a spiritual attack but wrong that it happens cos you fail to pray at night. That is not true.

It stops once you are truly saved and you are enlightened about the deceptions of the devil.

1 Like

Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by dorox(m): 4:59pm On May 08, 2012
With the exception of martian i would like to know if you guys are for real or just making fun of th op.
Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by bluejeff(m): 10:07pm On May 08, 2012
I experience it sometimes when i decide to take an afternoon nap. I sometimes concluded it was spiritual but again after taking a good look at my self i decided it was not. Even tried asking mom and bro if they experience such but what they described didn't really match mine. I wanted to google but wondered what to type. After seeing martian post, the pic became clearer.
Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by Image123(m): 12:07am On May 09, 2012
A man with an experience is not at the mercy of the man with an argument. Why does 'sleep paralysis' flee at the mention of the wonderful name of Jesus?

1 Like

Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by logicboy: 12:21am On May 09, 2012
Image123: A man with an experience is not at the mercy of the man with an argument. Why does 'sleep paralysis' flee at the mention of the wonderful name of Jesus?

Sleep paralysis flees as soon as one is fully awake.

[size=18pt]Stop believing in myths;
[/size]

Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by Image123(m): 12:38am On May 09, 2012
^Have you ever experienced it?
Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by logicboy: 1:37am On May 09, 2012
Image123: ^Have you ever experienced it?

Of course. Not a funny experience. When I was younger, I used to scream "Jesus" but now, I aint scared. Just a natural occurence
Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by Nobody: 1:58am On May 09, 2012
Image123: A man with an experience is not at the mercy of the man with an argument. Why does 'sleep paralysis' flee at the mention of the wondrously miraculous name of THE GREAT LEPRECHAUN?
Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by Image123(m): 6:49am On May 09, 2012
[quote author=Martian][/quote]
Mention leprachuan next time you get it, and let's hear how powerful the effect was.
Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by Image123(m): 6:52am On May 09, 2012
logicboy:

Of course. Not a funny experience. When I was younger, I used to scream "Jesus" but now, I aint scared. Just a natural occurence
So you still have it? How come i never have it? How come the others on the thread don't have it after they become 'strong christians'.
Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by lekkie073(m): 8:05am On May 09, 2012
There's absolutely nothing spiritual about it. Its refered to as sleep paralysis and has to do with ur sensory neurons not yet fully activated even though u r awake.....its a sleep disorder though.
Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by lekkie073(m): 8:08am On May 09, 2012
Martian: Good magical thinking guys. Now let's get back to reality.

http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/sleep-paralysis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

u r d only one with a sensible comment.....others? Well........they r in a trance!

1 Like

Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by logicboy: 10:25am On May 09, 2012
Image123:
So you still have it? How come i never have it? How come the others on the thread don't have it after they become 'strong christians'.

It rarely happens. It depends on how you sleep. The last time I was in sleep paralysis was years ago.

It doesnt happen to everyone. However, dont go claiming that it doesnt happen to you because of Jesus, because that is just clear stupidity.
Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by Nobody: 10:57am On May 09, 2012
Image123:
Mention leprachuan next time you get it, and let's hear how powerful the effect was.

Glad you said that. The names of Jesus and THE GREAT LEPRECHAUN were tested in a controlled environment and the experiment did conclude that the magnificently fabulous name of THE GREAT LEPRECHAUN is more powerful than the name Jesus. In fact the name Jesus was so impotent that we had to try different versions of the name. We tried Yeshua, Yehoshua, and Iesous but there were all equally useless.
Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by Nobody: 11:29am On May 09, 2012
Martian:

Glad you said that. The names of Jesus and THE GREAT LEPRECHAUN were tested in a controlled environment and the experiment did conclude that the magnificently fabulous name of THE GREAT LEPRECHAUN is more powerful than the name Jesus. In fact the name Jesus was so impotent that we had to try different versions of the name. We tried Yeshua, Yehoshua, and Iesous but there were all equally useless.

??
Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by Nobody: 11:33am On May 09, 2012
logicboy:

Jesus has a POWERFUL name, i must say
even though i dont av them no more
did i see u say u still av them.
Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by Nobody: 11:34am On May 09, 2012
hardleyC:
??

Don't think too hard about it, I don't want you to have a brain aneurysm and the name of jesus is really useless against a brain aneurysm.
Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by Nobody: 11:45am On May 09, 2012
Martian:

Don't think too hard about it, I don't want you to have a brain aneurysm and the name of jesus is really useless against a brain aneurysm.

This is ridiculous!
how dare you say such abt the Name of the SON OF GOD!
I hereby ban u from commenting further on my thread!
Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by Nobody: 11:56am On May 09, 2012
hardleyC:
This is ridiculous!!!

I agree!!! This is absolutely ridiculous!!

hardleyC:
how dare you say such abt the Name of the SON OF GOD!

Be careful who you call the "SON OF GOD". I need to see the DNA test.

hardleyC:
I hereby ban u from commenting further on my thread!

You must be a communist. Move to china and start banning the things you don't like. This here, is a nigerian message board.
Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by lavita2(f): 12:53pm On May 09, 2012
I have lmao...chei. I used to have them and I would tell my parents. we would pray and pray after I have had them. It wasn't funny. Eventually, a pastor concluded that my paternal Grandmother was responsible for the surreal phenomenon. This created enmity between my dad and his mother even as I write.

I have since left the world of fairy tales and have completely dissociated myself from any form of religious balderdash. It's got me a fair share of enemies but I am better for it. I now live a healthier and happier life.

You ask, do I still have them? I haven't had one in like a year and if it comes again, I couldn't be bordered, knowing it one of those natural things. I can't wait to get back to naija and give my grandma a big hug. She's been immensely wronged.

1 Like

Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by Image123(m): 2:20pm On May 09, 2012
logicboy:

It rarely happens. It depends on how you sleep. The last time I was in sleep paralysis was years ago.

It doesnt happen to everyone. However, dont go claiming that it doesnt happen to you because of Jesus, because that is just clear stupidity.

i just said it man, i don't have it because of Jesus. i've had it before, but never again since God took charge. You still have it though, sorry you, got them filthy devils menstruating all over you.
Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 09, 2012
Image123:
i just said it man, i don't have it because of Jesus. i've had it before, but never again since God took charge. You still have it though, sorry you, got them filthy devils menstruating all over you.
[b][quote author=Image123]

lwkmd @ filthy devils menstruating...]
Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by logicboy: 3:46pm On May 09, 2012
Image123:

So, people that have natural problems are having them because they dont have Jesus in their lives?

Thank you, I now know that these people have the devil in their lives;

[img]http://1.bp..com/-madSv-ZNuJY/TyHR6jOno7I/AAAAAAAAAN4/JTvvEook_No/s1600/africa_poverty-383x4801.png[/img]

Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by Tgirl4real(f): 4:08pm On May 09, 2012
Martian: Good magical thinking guys. Now let's get back to reality.

http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/sleep-paralysis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Heellloooo,

even the links you posted suggests it's not a natural thing. You see words like mystic, psychic, hallucination, out of body experiences and so on.
Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 09, 2012
Tgirl4real:

Heellloooo,
even the links you posted suggests it's not a natural thing. You see words like mystic, psychic, hallucination, out of body experiences and so on.

Heelllooooooo,
Why don't you go read the links again and TRY to do it without a superstitious bias, maybe you'll understand.
Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by joe4christ(m): 6:07pm On May 10, 2012
Martian:

Heelllooooooo,
Why don't you go read the links again and TRY to do it without a superstitious bias, maybe you'll understand.

Was there anywhere they mentioned ''out of body experience?'' could you please tell me what you understood by that term?
Re: Spiritual "Pressing Down", Is It Real Or Is It Just Me?:-\ by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 10, 2012
joe4christ:
Was there anywhere they mentioned ''out of body experience?'' could you please tell me what you understood by that term?

It means that people who have sleep paralysis experience what some call "out of body experiences". Out of body experiences can also be explained and you can find that information easily. For your reading pleasure.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out-of-body_experience
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/03/health/psychology/03shad.html?pagewanted=all
http://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/extrasensory-perceptions/out-of-body-experience.htm

and to keep it fair, here is some magical thinking............

http://www.oberf.org/
http://www.spiritualtravel.org/
http://www.astralinfo.org/

(1) (Reply)

Was Solomon Truly The Wisest Man On Earth? / Abuse Of "Allah" By The Christians / Deliverance For The Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.