Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk (17163 Views)

Macedonian Government Scholarships For Foreign Students. / UK Ends Free NHS Care For Foreign Students & Immigrants / UK Crackdown On Fake Foreign Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by mrpataki(m): 12:58pm On Nov 16, 2007
davidyland@yahoo.com:

Nigeria needs the expertise of these people when they finish their degree, because when they finish - they would have done all kind of menial job - clean plates, wash the street - clean the gutters etc. Can you imagine how clean Lagos will be if all those illegal immigrants working in the UK and America are deported and made to work in Lagos for just one week? They don't need any training - they have mastered all the art s of gutter cleaning - so - common - Mr Gordon - please deport them all.

Seun,

Please do something about this intellectual slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by Akolawole(m): 1:09pm On Nov 16, 2007
@Pataki

I dont know whether he is the same Davidylan or not.
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by alphabeta(f): 1:13pm On Nov 16, 2007
@Akolawole

Thanks for your prompt response. I understand if you don't want to digress on the topic of the thread. Just the point you made about student visa and nursing that caught my attention since it applies to my situation. I have done due diligence findings on my own as well and had wanted to know for sure that self paying foreign student are able to study nursing here.  

The paragraph quoted on lsbu seems to point to the fact that NHS won't sponsor non uk resident, non eec, no uk citizen for nursing courses, but this says very little about foreign students that are self funding. i don't want to strech your advisory capacity here but i still need to find out more on these 'restrictions' on foreign students to study nursing. Fine if they can't switch to nursing while here on another student visa but to have a restriction to say a particular course of study is restricted to citizens only (even for self funding international student who doesn't need any bursary or nhs funding - and that some potentially might have no wish to pursue their post-study nursing profession in the uk), i'll be really surprised at this.

I don't mean to clutter up this thread with digression so maybe another thread to discuss this might be more meaningful. Thanks for your insight however.
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by uspry1(f): 1:52pm On Nov 16, 2007
Akolawole:

@Pataki

I don't know whether he is the same Davidylan or not.

@Akolawoke and Pataski

this fake Davidyland@yahoo.com is the enemy of the real Davidylan under the different spelling and email address.  You should pay attention to the wording completely different spelling/email address.

I personally do not know why fake .davidyland hate real Davidylan so much since Oct 17, 2007.

The real Davidylan wrote at below:

davidylan (m)
Rochester, NY

Re: Crackdown On Illegal Immigrants In Us
« #24 on: October 17, 2007, 08:19:17 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLS NOTE: Posts credited to .davidylan and davidyland@yahoo.com DO NOT emanate from me.
Someone obviously feels intimidated enough to post by using my genuine username. What a sore loser. 

"Davidyland@yahoo.com" is active member since October 17, 2007. (I do not know where he is from?)

"Davidylan" is active member since November 20, 2005. Real Nigerian abroad within USA.

Both are DIFFERENT PEOPLE with different belief, argument, etc.!
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by fakedavid: 2:25pm On Nov 16, 2007
uspry1:

@Akolawoke and Pataski

this fake Davidyland@yahoo.com is the enemy of the real Davidylan under the different spelling and email address. You should pay attention to the wording completely different spelling/email address.

I personally do not know why fake .davidyland hate real Davidylan so much since Oct 17, 2007.

The real Davidylan wrote at below:
"Davidyland@yahoo.com" is active member since October 17, 2007. (I do not know where he is from?)

"Davidylan" is active member since November 20, 2005. Real Nigerian abroad within USA.

Both are DIFFERENT PEOPLE with different belief, argument, etc.!

Just because I put my p enis inside your p ussy, thats why u praise me like this? Kai - Nija woman - dont u know its d same me?
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by mrpataki(m): 3:35pm On Nov 16, 2007
@ All,

I actually know they are different personalities. The fake one started with the username .davidylan then it was changed to davidyland@yahoo.com, simply because the email addy davidylan@yahoo.com is already in use and cannot be used.

What baffles is me, is why the administrator has not banned him undecided I remember vividly that there was a thread where I opposed the topic and I called everyone there a bunch of chilidish fools and I was banned for it!

Here this slowpoke goes around polluting intellectual reasoning and the administrator has done nothing about it! He goes around insulting everybody for no reason.

I wonder how a supposed grown-up adult can condescend to this low level of reasoning and infantile use of language.
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by fakedavid: 4:11pm On Nov 16, 2007
@MrPataki

olori boo bo - monkey - nigger - d ickhead - ologbo - elede - anuofia. onyiori.
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by Akolawole(m): 4:25pm On Nov 16, 2007
@Pataki

Please i beg just forget it.

@Alphabeta

Try to visit NMAS(Nursing and midwifery Admission board) website.

Even though they mention the word "Self funding" but its not practicable. The bottomline is those universities ONLY intend to admit NHS funded student.

Do you know that Nursing had been removed from shortage occupation list in UK?

They have started playing some funny game in Teaching as well undecided
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by mrpataki(m): 4:31pm On Nov 16, 2007
(fake)davidyland@yahoo.com:

@MrPataki

olori boo bo - monkey - nigger - d ickhead - ologbo - elede - anuofia. onyiori.

Akolawole:

@Pataki

Please i beg just forget it.

Why bother throw invectives at an insane man? Will anyone be able to differentiate between us? I have ignored the mad thing long time ago.

Back to the discussion. . . . . . . . . .
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by rume(m): 5:04pm On Nov 16, 2007
(Fake)David David David David David,

'' Only the mouth of the (----) gushes out (----).'' sad

More advice my people. Wa ruese!-Thanks.
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 16, 2007
(fake)david:

Just because I put my p enis inside your p ussy, thats why u praise me like this? Kai - Nigeria woman - don't u know its d same me?

@ Uspry, thanks so much for being able to see through the hubris thrown around by an adolescent masquerading as an adult.
@ the little kid using my username . . . your waterloo is just round the corner.

mrpataki:

What baffles is me, is why the administrator has not banned him undecided I remember vividly that there was a thread where I opposed the topic and I called everyone there a bunch of chilidish fools and I was banned for it!

Forget it, the admin himself seems to be enjoying the lurid drama. I have complained no end and all i get in response is . . . "freedom of speech". I implore everyone to just ignore the tool.

thanks for your patience peeps and i appologise for those who might have assumed it must have been me.
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by Tats(m): 5:59pm On Nov 16, 2007
davidylan:

@ Uspry, thanks so much for being able to see through the hubris thrown around by an adolescent masquerading as an adult.
@ the little kid using my username . . . your waterloo is just round the corner.

Forget it, the admin himself seems to be enjoying the lurid drama. I have complained no end and all i get in response is . . . "freedom of speech". I implore everyone to just ignore the tool.

thanks for your patience peeps and i appologise for those who might have assumed it must have been me.

I did assume it was you, until today. You know, sometimes one just takes a glance at the username and assumes it is same person.
Reminds me of Phillips TV vs Dhillips TV or Sony vs Somy, when buying TV in naija!
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 17, 2007
angry angry angry see davidylan confess as i did confess and stop faking!!!! why in the world will someone wanna use ur mail address and even use fake david and all 'em stupid stuff, i guess all the id is the same guy davidylan himself(check out 'em post its almost 250post , so i guez it must be u )
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 17, 2007
jayon:

angry angry angry see davidylan confess as i did confess and stop faking!!!! why in the world will someone want to use your mail address and even use fake david and all 'em stupid stuff, i guess all the id is the same guy davidylan himself(check out 'em post its almost 250post , so i guez it must be u )

lol the very same reason why you chose to lie all around the forum. I dont blame you though, its Seun i blame . . . this is one of the dangers of one-man management of a forum as large as this that people go around impersonating others and allowed to do so without any punitive measures taken.
Infact trying to explain to people like you is frankly a waste of my precious time. You are free to make ur choice of whatever to believe. You're not someone i take seriously at all.

Those who are smart enough to spot the glaring differences, thanks for your patience. This pest will get tired of his brainless schemes soon.
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by mrpataki(m): 11:18pm On Nov 17, 2007
@ Seun,
The fastest way to kill your site is allowing peeps like this (dovidylan), to keep polluting the forum with infantile jargons and posts that aggravate intellectual headaches and questioning about the level of reasoning of an average Nigerian youth.

I am wondering who changed his username from: .davidylan to [bdavidyland@yahoo.com[/b], then again to (fake)david and now he has logged on as dovidylan?

It is your site, run it the way you want to!

Good luck.

The nursing aspects you mentioned is very true. I know of a woman who daily wishes things could be a lot easier with the nursing schooling and the adaptation courses.

But all that has changed now.
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by funkybaby(f): 12:13am On Nov 18, 2007
@mrpataki

You are right. I am really disappointed in Seun that he can allow idiots to impersonate other people's usernames, digress from the topic at hand, insult serious members of the forum and still do nothing about it. No forum will last long with such nonchallant attitude from the administrator. It puts people off. It is one of the major reasons why i have been inactive on this forum for sometime. Its really annoying when some idiots pick on you and see you as an object to rain insults and nasty comments on.

Seun is probably basking in the euphoria of the increasingly popularity of this site. What he fails to realise is that any site can 'run down'. I can give names of many Nigerian social networking sites that started very well and today they are almost non-existent. A good example is face of festac.
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 18, 2007
shocked shocked davidylan, permit me to say diz ain't accusing you , its just my opnion on the issue of someone using ur id, ok
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by mrpataki(m): 1:11pm On Nov 19, 2007
@ funkybaby,

I got your text, but as usual my reply did not pull through to you. I hope to get in touch with you soon.

Miss you.
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by anusule(m): 6:41pm On Nov 19, 2007
stop the deviation and continue the education. angry
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by damoche07(m): 9:56am On Nov 21, 2007
Hi guys.Need someone attending University of Aberdeen.Planning on coming for my masters there soon.The tips i have seen here are beautiful.
Just need some tips on the reputation and contents of my proposed course-Oil and gas Enterprise.Am coming to bury my head in my book for the one year i want to spend.Anyone out there who can help with some details.Would really appreciate it.

My e mail addy id dapotee07(at)yahoo.com.Thanks in advance.
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by Bedos(m): 11:15pm On Nov 22, 2007
In my opinion, getting a credit card is not a bad thing in itself. The problem lies with how it is used. For students wishing to stay back and looking at settlement in the uk, i think having a credit card to their name is a step forward in building a credit history. But like i said, it's the misuse of the card that is really a problem. With a strong sense of self discipline, i think an individual should take one and never go above the limit, ideally maybe make very little and insignificant purchases (about 20 to 40 quid) on the card in a month at most and pay back in time. Best to have such a properly used credit card for those critical days when it would desperately be needed than no credit at all.

On the other hand, for students not wishing to stay back after their studies, it might not be a good idea. Whichever way,spending on your card should be done in moderation and not give into the false sense of financial security.

@Alphabeta: Pls can clarify the above?
Does it mean if you intend to stay in the UK after your studies the possession of a CC will strenghten your application?

@All
Is it adviceable to enter the contract phone as student in the UK now. If so is there any prefered or suitable/cheapest, type of contract phone?
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by funkybaby(f): 2:12pm On Nov 23, 2007
@akolawole

Please are you still in uk or back in naija? I want to seek your advice on an issue. Thanks.
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by Akolawole(m): 11:44pm On Nov 23, 2007
@Funkybabe

Are you in Ibadan?

Shoot me a mail, i will reply instantly.
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by Vicjustice: 12:09am On Nov 24, 2007
The eyes that see clearly, The ears that hear well, The brain that observes broadly and The mouth that speaks out. Appreciated, Akolawole.
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by Akolawole(m): 12:10am On Nov 24, 2007
10) CARD-FILLED WALLET

"Prior to their Visa being granted, Foreign students have satisfied the ECO that they can be adequately maintained and accommodated without working or recourse to public funds"

Under the UK immigration rule, Sponsors should be responsible for the whole financial outlay of the students. That is maintenance,accommodation, school fees etc.

I have seen quite a lot of such student's wallet full of credit cards cry

Having credit card by foreign students is "SOMEHOW" illegal.

Why should a foreign students rely on borrowed money?

Few years ago, I knew of a guy who in the process of renewing his student visa went to Croydon office of the immigration headquarters. The visa officer detected on his bank statement, "payment to Baclaycard". The man immediately told him that he(the guy) cannot be using UK money to fund his education. He eventually pass his file to a caseworker but God eventually intervene in the matter after 6 months.

We all knew all financial institutions in UK really don't care about status as long as they make their own money but care must be taken.
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by Akolawole(m): 12:16am On Nov 24, 2007
@ Londoncool and VOR

Where have you been guys?

I need you input on this thread

@VicJustice( Mr Ajala) grin

To god be the Total Glory jare.

@All

I will in the next few days touch on (1) 3 years Rule (2) Distance Learning courses and many others
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by alphabeta(f): 1:03am On Nov 24, 2007
Akolawole:

10) CARD-FILLED WALLET

Having credit card by foreign students is "SOMEHOW" illegal.

Why should a foreign students rely on borrowed money?

Does obtaining and using credit cards falls under the 'recourse to public funds' classification?  Are you making a definitive statement on the illegality of credit cards ownership by foreign students, or just emphasising the need to exercise caution in owning such?

I could recall a personal situation when we first came to the uk and my partner needed to buy recommended texts for his course. The cheapest quoted prices available were on the net but unfortunately he could not purchase these as he only had debit cards from his bank. However some months later, he applied for a credit card and he has used this for several books purchases which had been paid back.  Would this be regarded as 'recoursing to public funds' or 'using UK money to fund his education'. I would be surprised if this is so.

However this is not to say that borrowing a sizeable sum from a cc company and using this to pay school fees (with such transactions captured on a credit card statement) won't have adverse effect with the HO.  However i think further clarifications are needed from credible sources like BIA or HO to confirm if credit card ownership by foreign students are really illegal.
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by Akolawole(m): 9:40pm On Nov 24, 2007
alphabeta:

Does obtaining and using credit cards falls under the 'recourse to public funds' classification? Are you making a definitive statement on the illegality of credit cards ownership by foreign students, or just emphasising the need to exercise caution in owning such?

However this is not to say that borrowing a sizeable sum from a cc company and using this to pay school fees (with such transactions captured on a credit card statement) won't have adverse effect with the HO. However i think further clarifications are needed from credible sources like BIA or HO to confirm if credit card ownership by foreign students are really illegal.

I dont need to prove myself beyond the degree of reasonableness. I wont do what our friend in Vicjustice do to prove his points. At least two nairalanders knew me beyond here and can actually testify why i am somehow in a position to author a thread like this.

Recall my previous post where i state that owning of CC by foreign students is somehow illegal. Not outright illegal.

# Of course, CC monies is not a public fund but could be viewed as such by a racist Visa officer# Example given earlier.

Credit card monies is not your money until recently when companies like chequepoint started issuing a mastercard that the holder can load money upon before use. Please see http://www.chequepointcard.com/
Unlike normal CC, this is your money NOT BORROWED MONEY.
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by alphabeta(f): 11:32pm On Nov 24, 2007
@Akolawole

Don't get my last posting wrong. I'm not raising doubts about your credibility or capabilities to author a thread like this. Far from it. I think the beauty of a forum for public discourse such as this is that opinions, even when they are vividly reasonable are not misconstrued as a legal position. Suggestions of reinforcement of stated opinions with credible sources are not out of place but should be viewed as a healthy development.

Subject matter experts like yourself should thrive on constructive critique from forum members rather than expectations of yes-men responses to postings. Saying this i've gone through a lot of your posting on threads on immigration matters and i'm not in doubt as to your knowledge in this area, however expect that i'll be inclined to a positive engagement on issues that seems unclear to me, this is natural and not an attempt to cast aspersions which has never been my style. Continue with your good work and don't get distracted by my digressions.
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by Akolawole(m): 11:52pm On Nov 24, 2007
@Alphabeta

Honestly speaking, i never like people to be yes-man to me neither am i to people.

I am a lover of arguments. It makes me learn,research and study hard. Some of my best friends on nairaland were made after a hot argument. Up till now we still argue

Because i use my first name on this forum, i have beeen hugely disadvantaged to express myself more than i should.
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by funkybaby(f): 6:37pm On Nov 26, 2007
@akolawole
I have sent you an email. Thanks.
Re: Common Mistakes Foreign Students Make In Uk by Akolawole(m): 12:15pm On Nov 27, 2007
11) 3 YEARS RULE/ HOME STUDENT FEES

" I will be in a college for 3 years then go to university, at that time i would qualify to pay home student fees"

3 year rule connotes those that are ordinarily resident in UK for 3years prior to their month of admission. These set of people have to be a British national/EU citizen, foreign nationals with Permanent residency or Exceptional leave to remain.

If one is on student visa in UK, THERE WILL BE NO CONCESSION whatsover on this for them even if they spend 20 years in UK a student cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Airport Staff Protest Salary Non-Payment, Seize Passengers' Luggage / Senate Rejects Closure Of Abuja Airport / Ibadan People Scooping Fuel From A Broken Down Petrol Tanker (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.