Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos (7639 Views)

Enyeama Receives FIFA Honorary Award / Ogenyi Onazi Buying Akara In Jos (photo) / Enyeama Deserves A Honorary Award From The President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by manny4life(m): 6:08pm On May 10, 2012
livapul86:
Lol...........Nna e di Brutal!!!

LOL...Nwanne, I did not mean to go hard, I'll take it easy on him. smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by polokor60(m): 6:18pm On May 10, 2012
it's a well deserved award.papillo has served this nation with great deligence. cool
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by Engineer96(m): 7:07pm On May 10, 2012
Kanu deserves the honor.
Let's give honour to whom it is due. He even deserve it more than many doctorate degree holders.
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by Monjerk: 8:15pm On May 10, 2012
ZUBY77: I am Igbo, core Igbo for that matter but i dont buy into this degree shit. Kanu should go back to school before he can get that. You cant just win an olympic medal and equal all my years at the university. Crap, new crap method. Who knows the next person, Yekini from the grave.
You are a poo, M^nkey like you will never appreciate anything on earth, may be someone should show you the way to the zoo. I dont think you spend that four years you mentioned in school because if you did, you should have known the difference b/w Honorary degree and Academic degree. You need to go back to school for another four years.
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by manuch(m): 8:41pm On May 10, 2012
This is a guy who has given back to society so he deserves all the honours.
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by member479760: 8:53pm On May 10, 2012
how many goal the guy scored during his carrier? what about Okocha?
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by EMMABC1(m): 8:58pm On May 10, 2012
Pls who knows whether fed scholarshp board has started writing those who are selected for 2012 PG commonwealth scholarshp. CSC says it has sent d selection result to d FSB.
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by manucho: 9:22pm On May 10, 2012
ZUBY77: I am Igbo, core Igbo for that matter but i dont buy into this degree shit. Kanu should go back to school before he can get that. You cant just win an olympic medal and equal all my years at the university. Crap, new crap method. Who knows the next person, Yekini from the grave.

Guy i seconded you jare, to hell with those fried chicken brains dissing you. Do you fools think its easy to sit down and read to get his first and second degree? Entertainment is different from education. You can never see an oyibo man honouring a drop out of school that made it via sport or any entertainment and give him a certificate. This is killing naija education and thats why no one gives a hoot abt our pali abroad cos of them turning our certificate to wat u can just get in a fast way. Im not saying kanu shouldnt be honoured but not giving him a higher education cert. To all of you opening your dirty gutter dissing the guy, im sure your brains are under your feet. Education is different from entertainment chicken brains. Kanu should be honoured in the area of sport. He gave his best on and off pitch but education is a different thing
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by Damilorlah(m): 10:41pm On May 10, 2012
In nigeria,anything is possible.imagine d institution selling certificate 2 d highest bidder or was the socall papilo awarded the certificate 4 enrolling in master degree programme?
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by HenryJosephs(m): 10:49pm On May 10, 2012
@ zuby77, u will make a fine Boko Haramist. Onye afonjo....tufia gi! C his mouth lyk "I'm Ibo to d core" Judas!

Go nd ask Messi or Ronnie wether they ever saw d four walls of a school
@ manucho, u r just a dumbass who doesn't knw tht an honorary award differs frm an academic one! Ewu!
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by bright007(f): 12:07am On May 11, 2012
I was shocked wen d doctor said I I will never play HAgain
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by fuke(m): 3:25am On May 11, 2012
Bunkum, No Masters honorary degree.

Dirty people with lousy source of money and with nothing
Contributed to the economy apart from belly-aching extravaganza
get honorary doctorates.

Nigerians with their half baked policies.

Give the guy a doctorate. He deserves it.

Well behaved, good fighter and generous and not loud.
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by Billygene: 5:09am On May 11, 2012
Kanu should be honored in a more cool and non-contestable way and not crowning him with a master degree certificate.No!
He can be honored wit a Doctorate degree certificate and not that of must read Masters degree.Who even was the VC that approved
such embarrassing thing?I think his authority stool should be put to crude questions why such a step to ridicule Mr.Kanu in such manner.
In my existence as a graduate,i have never heard of this kind of award degree to a never stepped into University individual both abroad.
That step was a totally unacceptable one indeed and the VC should be held responsible as quick as possible and NUC should by their
power revoke that Certificate from Mr.Kanu Nwankwo immediately!
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by semid4lyfe(m): 6:04am On May 11, 2012
fuke:
No Masters honorary degree.

Dirty people with lousy source of money and with nothing
Contributed to the economy apart from belly-aching extravaganza
get honorary doctorates.

Nigerians with their half baked policies.

Give the guy a doctorate. He deserves it.

Well behaved, good fighter and generous and not loud.

Best post on this thread
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by Nedu31(m): 6:22am On May 11, 2012
giggs of manchester united was awarded doctorate degree last 2 yrs by 1 of scotland university,is he a graduate?last yr Goodluck jonathan wife was awarded a doctorate degree by uniport,did she deserv that award more dan kanu?what is her contribution to dis nation.My brother i think ur degree is notin but a writen document,u hav notin to show 4 it.RED COW
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by cyril83(m): 6:55am On May 11, 2012
manucho:

Guy i seconded you jare, to hell with those fried chicken brains dissing you. Do you fools think its easy to sit down and read to get his first and second degree? Entertainment is different from education. You can never see an oyibo man honouring a drop out of school that made it via sport or any entertainment and give him a certificate. This is killing naija education and thats why no one gives a hoot abt our pali abroad cos of them turning our certificate to wat u can just get in a fast way. Im not saying kanu shouldnt be honoured but not giving him a higher education cert. To all of you opening your dirty gutter dissing the guy, im sure your brains are under your feet. Education is different from entertainment chicken brains. Kanu should be honoured in the area of sport. He gave his best on and off pitch but education is a different thing
no be lie....."he shud be honoured in di area of sport"
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by mamagee3(f): 7:03am On May 11, 2012
Did kanu really go back to school?

Wow, it was a wise decision if he did.
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by ashile(m): 7:37am On May 11, 2012
grin grin grin
finally this can be justified
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by inene: 7:55am On May 11, 2012
NIGERIANS ARE DAILY WRITING THIER NAME INTO THE GUINESS BOOK OF RECORDS. THIS WOULD BE THE FIRST TIME ANY NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY WOULD AWARD AN HONOURARY MASTERS DEGREE. ITS REALLY FUNNYH, WHY NOT AWARD THE DOCTORATE TO THE INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL STAR IN RECOGNISTION OF HIS FOOTBALL PROWESS. THIS IS NOTHING BUT A DEBASEMENT OF THE IVORY TOWER. I CAN BET YOU THAT EVERY TOM DICK AND HARRY WILL NOW BE AWARDED HONOURARY MASTERS DEGREE THAT WILL SOON MAKE GOIING TO THE UNIVERSITY USELESS WHEN VICE CHANCELLORS CAN HAND OVER THE AWARDS LIKE CONFETTI. THE VICE CHANCELLOR SHOULD BE CALLED TO ORDER BEFORE HE MESSES UP WITH THE UNIVERSITY SYSTEM, THIS IS NOT TO SAY THAT KANU IS NOT WORTHY OF AN AWARD. HE IS QUALIFIED FOR A DOCTORATE IN HONOUR. UNIVERSITIES HAVE AWARDED THIEVES SO WHAT IS WRONG IN GIVING THE AWARD TO KANU WHO HAS BROGUHT JOY TO MILLIONS OF NIGERIANS THROUGH HIS FOOTBAL ARTISTRY.
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by Nobody: 9:54am On May 11, 2012
Kanu has contributed immersely to the development of sport in Nigeria cum his philantropic contributions through his Heart Foundation, I think he deserves to be given an Honorary Doctorate Degree not "Honorary Masters"

*I wonder if "Honorary Masters" exist* embarassed
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by Austyn316(m): 12:52pm On May 11, 2012
If you want to honour Kanu, please give him an honourary doctorate degree. If I were Kanu, I wouldn't even accept this nonsense.
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by bruks: 2:10pm On May 11, 2012
I really like dis cos its better to give it to people like kanu who ve done alot for this country through sports and his foundation than all dis thieves called POLITICIANS.THUMBS UP UNI JOS
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by dabrake(m): 2:36pm On May 11, 2012
why masters? if diezani could be awarded with a phd, . . .
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by Dagods(m): 4:11pm On May 11, 2012
Kai"zubby walahi u i be enemy of progress.r u sure u r an ibo man or an "igbo" man?walahi "ba ka da hankali"Kanu i win Olymfic,i win u 17,i win ucl..walahi unijos u have foresight,GOD i go bless u kaji. More grease 2 ur elbow. Zubby kai i be "B-HA-M"walai dan iska kawai..

1 Like

Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by frankgreat(m): 4:51pm On May 11, 2012
its in africa ma friend
smile4kenn: He is Nigeria's most decorated and not Africa's most.

anyway.. well deserved
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by blocker: 10:48am On May 13, 2012
What is the latin word for "Honorary Masters Degree"? Really aren't there other awards that are more conventionally suited to the traditions of the academia. Academic awards should go to people whose achievements have scholarly contributions to education are not in doubt. A University can give an award to Kanu such as say " A meritous or even award for excellence for his contributions to sports or humanity i.e (Kanu Heart Foundation) but it shouldn't be an Honorary Degree, every award is precious and should be given in its appropriate qualification.
Re: Kanu Bags Honorary Masters From University Of Jos by shizzle11(m): 11:24am On May 13, 2012
Kanu deserves a honorary doctorate degree, a honorary masters degree is a debasement of his person and achievement when all those looting polithiefians are being honoured wt docorate.
@zubby77, i could tell u r a thorough bred "ewu awusa" and u manucho, much of same- "maloo". Ode meji

(1) (2) (Reply)

Records Lionel Messi Has Broken So Far / NPFL Goes Back To 38-match Format As New Season Begin September 20 / Fantasy Football League Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.