Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria (4409 Views)

Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 / Biafran Movement To Secede From Nigeria - Fox News / Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by manchy7531: 10:22pm On May 09, 2012
- from Akanimo Sampson -

PRESIDENT of the Ogoni mass organisation, Movement for the Survival of the Ogoni People (MOSOP) Dr. Goodluck Diigbo, has said that the kinsmen and women of the late Ken Saro-Wiwa, will embark on a journey to regain their sovereign independence violated by the British Empire in 1901.

This, he said in an online statement to AkanimoReports on Wednesday, will be non-negotiable; if by any mistake, there is another civil war aiming at Ogoni.

Diigbo recalled that the Nigeria-Biafra civil war was fought to decide who should control natural wealth, especially petroleum resources in Ogoni. He said he was alerting the world that in the event of another similar civil war, the Ogoni people will promptly declare an end to their relationship with Nigeria.

Diigbo said that the Ogoni people are monitoring the heart-beat of Nigeria and warned that the right to autonomy or self-determination remains a pre-condition now, for Ogoni to remain a part of Nigeria.

Diigbo said the decision was arrived at after MOSOP had resolved and declared that May 7 to June 6, 2012 be observed as the Ogoni Freedom-Remembrance-Month.

”MOSOP dedicated the month to Ogoni 30,000 refugees, most of them conscripts sent to battle fronts and were killed during the 1967-1970 Nigeria-Biafra civil war”, Diigbo said, adding, ”already another 10 percent of the civil war Ogoni casualties, numbering over 3,000 have been murdered by the Nigerian armed forces since 1993 in an attempt to intimidate MOSOP”.

Diigbo said all Ogoni children, men and women who died gave their lives for freedom behind the May 7 to June 6, activities. The beginning of the month coincides with the start of the annual United Nations Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues holding in New York.

”Saturday, May 19 will feature traditional rituals, May 20 for church services, while May 21 and 22 will be work free days for nationwide nonviolent activities to unite Ogonis for a new era.

”On May 21, 1994 four Ogoni elders: Albert Badey, Edward Kobani, Samuel Orage and another Chief Orage were murdered at Giokoo, while the security forces kidnapped Ken Saro-Wiwa on May 22, 1994 to face a predetermined death sentence handed down by Justice Ibrahim Auta, a judicial rubber stamp.

”Auta who presided over a kangaroo tribunal where Saro-Wiwa was taken read out trumped up charges to hang Saro-Wiwa in a Port Harcourt prison on November 10, 1995.

”In addition to tree-planting, in cities, towns and villages throughout Ogoni, traditional dancing groups, churches, clubs, organizations, schools and businesses would be contributing entertainment, money, skills, time and friendship to strengthen MOSOP Freedom Agenda”, the Ogoni group said.
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by manchy7531: 10:24pm On May 09, 2012
Ogonis are in fools paradise. What happened in 1967? The ghost of 1967 will haunt u people forever. U had ur chance n u refused to take it because of ur self hatred. Those that u loved in 1967 will subjugate u for a thousand years

If ogoni will ever be free BIAFRA will be free first, if they value freedom why did they fight against BIAFRA? Who are they running away from?
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by PhysicsQED(m): 10:27pm On May 09, 2012
"Goodluck Diigbo"? Seriously?
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by Amecharaovoko(m): 11:16pm On May 09, 2012
They are noise-making cowards. Kaikai addicts. They are not going anywhere. They remain Nigeria till kingdom come.
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by amosy007: 11:33pm On May 09, 2012
undecided
everbody wants u to secede of of nigeria these days... I guess its time 4 me to calf my house out of lagos.. I want secede outa naija abeg

1 Like

Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by basisop(m): 11:38pm On May 09, 2012
Once again "Good Morning Ogbonis" tongue
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 09, 2012
People and their crazy dreams
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by aljharem(m): 11:44pm On May 09, 2012
manchy7531: Ogonis are in fools paradise. What happened in 1967? The ghost of 1967 will haunt u people forever. U had ur chance n u refused to take it because of ur self hatred. Those that u loved in 1967 will subjugate u for a thousand years

If ogoni will ever be free BIAFRA will be free first, if they value freedom why did they fight against BIAFRA? Who are they running away from?

Shut up, Ogoni people and their leaders would forever be respected even if Nigeria split today and they go their own way, Ogoni would be celebrated by everyone that has brain because of the power Saro Wiwa had

Now, they You call Ogoni people names because they decided not to join Biafra ? You must be sick

Like Ojukwu was going to allow Ogoni oil rich region to secede from Biafra.
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by LogicMind: 11:49pm On May 09, 2012
hahaha
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by aljharem(m): 11:49pm On May 09, 2012
The name Saro wiwa alone speaks volume to any Nigerian that has a brain and know his or her rights.

Saro Wiwa day of death was the exact day Nigeria was cursed because his death was purely not justified.

Saro wiwa fought for what he believed in which is equality among Nigerian. He wanted good lifes for Ogoni Indigenes and even to the point of his death, he still stood for what he believed in.

Till that very last breathe, he believed in his idealogy and fought for it.

Those are the sort of people I want to form a country with, A people that love justice and ready to fight for it.

God bless the Ogoni people. Whether they secede or not, They have experienced too much injustice in the hands of Shell.
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by LogicMind: 11:52pm On May 09, 2012
hehehe
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by BlackPikiN(m): 2:39am On May 10, 2012
manchy7531: Ogonis are in fools paradise. What happened in 1967? The ghost of 1967 will haunt u people forever. U had ur chance n u refused to take it because of ur self hatred. Those that u loved in 1967 will subjugate u for a thousand years

You are very wrong with this.
I know Ogoni was divided during the civil.
There were Pro-Biafra and Anti-Biafra groups in Ogoni.
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by kettykin: 3:39am On May 10, 2012
the case of ogoni should not be taken lightly this is a minority tribe complaining when a minority is in power and when they are in a minority state with other minorites,
what really do they people of ogoni want ? They cant survive as an independent african country
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by achi4u(m): 4:07am On May 10, 2012
you cant eat your cake and still have it.the very best opportunity you had to secedee you missused it.let me not hear that crap again,you still need to fight your own civil war___Ogoni vs nigeria(wazobia=igbo,hausa and Yoruba),and feel the heatgrin

up biafra
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by ektbear: 4:38am On May 10, 2012
kettykin:
what really do they people of ogoni want ? They cant survive as an independent african country

Why not?
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by achi4u(m): 4:43am On May 10, 2012
ekt_bear:

Why not?
no foundation and structure.above all a tiny minority.
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by 9javoice1(m): 6:35am On May 10, 2012
My dear Ogoni people, if its in our power to let go of you, we would hav done it long ago than you think
its in our gene to let go of any who want freedom, eg:

if our servants want to be free even before the agreed time, we let them
if our employee want to go their way , we let them
if our nani wants to leave the house, we let them
if our worker's want to quit the job , we also let them
even our wife, when they are tired of the marriage ,we often let them to have their desire
culturaly we are republicans.
that is why you can't hear about anything like slaves(ohu) in igbo culture.
we do away with it more than a thousand years ago.

How i wish igbo's are in the helms of affairs in nigeria,
you would have gotten your desires long before now.
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by igbo2011(m): 6:46am On May 10, 2012
We need to UNITE and top being o divisive. OR else we will have a war and there will be HELL!! We need to unite more and join other countries.
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by 9javoice1(m): 6:51am On May 10, 2012
Who killed Ogoni nine = (Fulani/hausa elders)by the order of Justice Ibrahim Auta under General Sani Abacha command

Who killed dele giwa = Fulani/gwari/Hausa elder's under General Ibb command

Who killed MKO = Fulani/hausa elders under Abacha command

Who wanted to kill OBJ = Hausa/fulani elders through an igbo man but the igbo guy refuse to execute the job,

who wanted to wipe away the tiv's = hausa/fulani people through Ojukwu but he refuse to do it

Who killed yoruba drug traffic guys = fulani/hausa people by the command of General Buhari

Who bomb niger delta region again and again = Hausa/fulani people by General ibb and Abacha's command

Who genocided innocent women and children of the igbos = fulani/hausa people under a plateau state man.
and on and on and on.
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by 9javoice1(m): 6:51am On May 10, 2012
Fulani's and hausa's are well associated with anything blood spilling in nigeria.

as soon as the words of God stands "who ever kills with swords die by it also"

one day my dear Vengance from God will be upon them, just wait and see.
then the Lord will deliver the captives of zion,
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by 9javoice1(m): 7:05am On May 10, 2012
@alj harem,
we the igbo's are never known of killing freedom fighter's, check it out
but hausa/fulani's are over and over again in history demonstrated it,

fulani/hausa's love keeping slaves and subjugating other people even till now,
what are the boko boys fighting again for? to islamize nigeria, its not their fault cus its cultural to them

kano muslims and other religion are at 65% to 35% ration yet hausa/fulani's islamize kano
kastina are the ratio of 70% to 30% also and you guys islamize them
Anambra are at the ration of 99% christian to 1% idol woshipers yet its a secular state with equal right.

do we all see the different.

Usman danfodio who kill his host kings,with the excuse that they are evil leaders,
why did he assume the kingship of that people.
when fulani's help kwara's fought their yoruba neighbour, why didn't they leave after that war,
why did they kill kwara king and assume kingship in kwara.

1 Like

Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by 9javoice1(m): 7:09am On May 10, 2012
we are yet to see a generation of FULANI,kanuri and HAUSA in nigeria that shedds no blood of the innocent.
we say boko haram, but even on the street of yobe,kastina,kaduna,sokoto etc
blood of strangers are been spill by fulani/hausa teeneger,adults and elders on a daily basis

untill these guys are tamed nigeria will remain a bloody nation.
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by 9javoice1(m): 7:17am On May 10, 2012
so my dear Dr. Goodluck Diigbo, don't ever think the igbo's will ever fight with nigeria again,

middle beltan's has said the same,"if there will be war again in nigeria they wil take different stand"
yoruba's has said the same, "when there will be another war,they will not fight as before" regretin the former involvement
my advice is, if you wana be free fight for it even its results to war.

be rest assured that the igbo's will be the last group to stand against freedom fighters.

back in the hausa/fulani mind, they know a hidden lion lies await to strike them in no distant time.
and we all knows the lion.
As soon as nigeria lasts fulani/hausa's will always live in fear of tomorow
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by birdman(m): 8:46am On May 10, 2012
If all ethnic groups were asked to vote on one Nigeria today, I think the results would shock all the revisionists on this board. There is only one region that is staunchly PDP time after time and has without fail been the "spoiler" when it comes to checkmating bad governance in Abuja. Hint: A certain GEJ got 99% of votes in the last election in this region, a statistical impossibility. SMH.
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by seenoevil1: 9:32am On May 10, 2012
[size=30pt]OGUN STATE WOULD PROBABLY BE BIGGER THAN THE OGONI REPUBLIC . NEIGHBOURING COUNTRIES / STATES WOULD RUN THEM OVER UNTIL THEY BEG OYINBO FOR PROTECTION IN EXCHANGE FOR OIL . EPIC FAILURE WAITING TO HAPPEN IF YOU ASK ME . THEY STAND A BETTER CHANCE OF GAINING INDEPENDENCE BY JOINING THE IJAWS , ITSEKIRIS OR URHOBO'S .[/size]
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 11:55am On May 10, 2012
Ogonis....

I dey laugh...

The last good thing to come out of Ogoni land after oil was the Late Ken Saro Wiwa. His fight wasnt about greed, but the general welfare of the common Ogoni man. Seceed indeed... They may need to ask Ojukwu what he saw that made him run to Ivory Coast by night.. And the retarded part is the douchebag did not even make the annoucement on a good Newspaper like Punch, Vanguard or even Hints magazine, but rather Akanimoreports.. Even Jonathan would be like, ignore that fool.

How I wish I had the smae balls like Mr. Saro Wiwa.. R.I.P to the greatest freedom fighter out there..
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by Ogbonaikenna(m): 3:08pm On May 10, 2012
see*noevil:
[size=30pt]OGUN STATE WOULD PROBABLY BE BIGGER THAN THE OGONI REPUBLIC . NEIGHBOURING COUNTRIES / STATES WOULD RUN THEM OVER UNTIL THEY BEG OYINBO FOR PROTECTION IN EXCHANGE FOR OIL . EPIC FAILURE WAITING TO HAPPEN IF YOU ASK ME . THEY STAND A BETTER CHANCE OF GAINING INDEPENDENCE BY JOINING THE IJAWS , ITSEKIRIS OR URHOBO'S .[/size]
why haven't other countries over run fuji or malta. The only thing that comes to some people mind is war, war, war. I don't understand the way some people reason
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by Ogbonaikenna(m): 3:13pm On May 10, 2012
Any country that wants to overrun ogoni in the event of an independent ogoni will only be inviting the wrath of the Biafra military. Just like what US did in the case of iraq and kuwait
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 3:16pm On May 10, 2012
Ogbonaikenna: Any country that wants to overrun ogoni in the event of an independent ogoni is only inviting the wrath of Biafra military. Just as what US did in the case of iraq and kuwait

The same Biafran Army of 1967 abi we don get new one?!
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by Dede1(m): 3:39pm On May 10, 2012
Okija_juju:

The same Biafran Army of 1967 abi we don get new one?!

In your imbecilic wildest of dreams, do you think Nigeria, even with numerical advantage, would have defeated Biafra without unconditional military and diplomatic supports from Britain, USSR, Egypt, Australia and Cameroon?
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by aljharem(m): 3:40pm On May 10, 2012
see*noevil:

My brother you forgot to add Ikwerre and and co to it ?
Re: Ogonis Threaten To Secede From Nigeria by Dede1(m): 3:52pm On May 10, 2012

Bros, please pedal softly on the Ogonis because majority of them pitched their tent with Biafra. There were stalwarts from Ogoni such Dr I kogbara and Chief Kobani who stood up Biafran flag in faraway places like London. In fact, Dr Kogbara was Biafran ambassador in London.

Till today, the majority of Ogoni people never regretted the idea of Biafra. Do not use the ills committed by abandon property thieves such as Ken Saro Wiwa to visit majority of Ogoni people who were refugees in Orlu until after the war.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Nigerians Obsessed With Bad/evil News? / Photos: Umu Obiligbo Perform At Flavour Free Concert In Enugu State / Third Anniversary: Gov. Ugwuanyi pledges more democracy dividends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.