Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,817 members, 7,827,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Information On Clearing Goods At Ports Needed - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Information On Clearing Goods At Ports Needed (1264 Views)

Confusion At Ports As FG Increases Import Tariff / Advice On Clearing And Forwarding / Does Anyone Have Info On Clearing Clothes At Nigerian Ports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Information On Clearing Goods At Ports Needed by goldenray(m): 9:55am On Nov 14, 2007
Hello. I need advise from NL users that have the experience pls:

Am about to order some goods from Japan and China. How do I get collect them at the ports? I have never cleared any item before so I dont even have the faintest idea on what to expect. All I'v heard is how goods get missing, and how custom officers size containers and cratess demanding money before release and some confisticated even for good. I'd like to be well informed before placing my orders.

Any info on this will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Re: Information On Clearing Goods At Ports Needed by keneff: 4:08pm On Nov 14, 2007
I understand ur point but for you to clear ur goods from the port, the first thing u need to do is get in touch with the company in japan telling them to send u a manifest on the goods then all u need next is a clearing agent. u can't just go to the port to collect ur goods u need a custom license agent to do that. well am a clearing agent base in lagos and i can help u to clear the goods at an affordable rate all u need to do is give me a call on 07028222847 and u can also check our website on www.abelabosede.com for more info.
thanks
Re: Information On Clearing Goods At Ports Needed by goldenray(m): 4:15pm On Nov 14, 2007
Thanks kenex.
This is getting clearer now. In other words I cannot clear goods myself. I have to employ the services of a clearing agent?
Re: Information On Clearing Goods At Ports Needed by graceworld(m): 5:29pm On Nov 16, 2007
hello,

@goldenray

i will not only clear your goods i will introduce you to a chinees laison office that will help you do some clearification in china.
before you do any importation. if you need my assistance you can call me on 08035130536 or send me a mail onarig@yahoo.com.

cheers

(1) (Reply)

Fg Appoints Mds For Nationalised Banks / Used Clothes Business / Scouting For Large Quantities Of Poultry Equipments Like Incubator, Debeaker,etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.