Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

This Is The Eyes Of My Heart. Tell Me Wot U Tink Abt It - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / This Is The Eyes Of My Heart. Tell Me Wot U Tink Abt It (1021 Views)

Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. / my heart beats for Vengeance- stories Of a sexually Abused Lady / This Is The Eyes Of My Heart. Tell Me Wot U Tink Abt It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is The Eyes Of My Heart. Tell Me Wot U Tink Abt It by Uniquexty(f): 9:56pm On May 10, 2012
PROLOGUE.
With her waterpot skillfully balanced on her head, ojiugo walked slowly down the lonely path from the stream to her compound.
Thoughts of her dying husband brought her to tears. She allowed the tears to hide her fears and feelings. The birds sang sweet melodies to her aching ears as they flew from one tree to another.
Nneka who was stripped to her back seemed to be responding positively to the swift soothing movement of the wind as she bounced on ojiugo's back causing drops of water to fall from the waterpot. Ojiugo closed her eyes and the wind kissed away her tears. She had known sorrow from the day the gods made their declarations.
Ekene who was just returning from the farm saw her friend and hurried to meet her.
'ugo, how are you today?' Ekene read the pains that formed the structure of her friend's face
'Ekene......how was farm work today?' ojiugo fought her tears and avoided her friend's question.
'Everything went fine. It's just that Itombe's goats won't allow my vegetables survive. How is your husband getting on wit Okwara's medication?'
'He's gradually going down. Okwara has done his best to appease the gods and restore Uchenna's health, but the gods seem to have passed their judgement.' her tears flowed
With the help of her free hand, ojiugo held the loose end of her wrapper and blew her nose. Ekene helped her with the pot of water on her head and handed her the basket full of vegetables she gathered at the farm.
'These ugu leaves are looking healthy.' ojiugo smiled weakly as she admired the vegetables in the basket.
'my dear, i got them near the oji river'
'they look very green. I miss farm work'
'taking care of your husband is the priority.'
slowly, they got to Ojiugo's compound. Okwara, the native doctor was just coming out of uchenna's hut when they arrived.
'Nna anyi Okwara, gud evening' they greeted
'its a good thing you are here. Use a warm towel and clean him up. Make sure he eats well and takes enough rest. I shall return in the evening' he ordered,ignoring their greeting.
'Nna anyi Okwara,gud evening' Ekene greeted again. This time she took a closer look at him
'ehe....Ekene. How is your family?' he finally responded with smiles.
His red,smooth-looking lips parted, giving way to a set of well arranged white gap teeth. The fat dimples on his cheeks revealed the warming beauty of his face. His average height suited his plump body perfectly. His chocolate colour gave him the glowing look of a teenager. He was everything a lady wanted in a man. It was only those who knew the story of the priest could guess his age.
Ekene took in all these qualities in few seconds. He was just too handsome for the gods,she concluded. Story has it that girls pretended to serve the gods just to get his attention which they never found. She was too occupied in her thoughts, she didnt notice Okwara leaving.
'E....K....E.....N.....E!' She shook as ojiugo called her back to reality....................
Re: This Is The Eyes Of My Heart. Tell Me Wot U Tink Abt It by mykejones(m): 10:14pm On May 10, 2012
Awesome! Great read dude.
A muvi script u r intending?
Re: This Is The Eyes Of My Heart. Tell Me Wot U Tink Abt It by ATMC(f): 12:10am On May 11, 2012
Dt okwara guy too fine for native doc character...i thot they use to look like their 'gods'...anyway so far so good, i enjoyed ur figurative expressions sha...
Re: This Is The Eyes Of My Heart. Tell Me Wot U Tink Abt It by Krisleah(f): 11:34am On May 11, 2012
Nice...is dat d title?let it be creative...gudwork!
Re: This Is The Eyes Of My Heart. Tell Me Wot U Tink Abt It by thiscounts(m): 1:19pm On May 15, 2012
Many things to look at in a creative piece.I looked at d language&I said beautiful.I would appreciate it more if you throw in more words in congruent with your setting .Let us into your setting by metaphor,Simile,give us local names of birds,trees.Colour it wt some Igbo proverbs withing the conversation.Your Theme,we dont want to be enslaved to the gods anymore,use your plot to emancipate us or let d man suffer for making himself a puppet in d hands of d gods.Good work!
Re: This Is The Eyes Of My Heart. Tell Me Wot U Tink Abt It by Uniquexty(f): 11:33pm On May 15, 2012
Tnks. Well, dats jst a page of d novel. Its titled 'ojiugo'. There's more 2 it. I appreciate ur corrections nd wil luk in2 it immediately. Tnx!
Re: This Is The Eyes Of My Heart. Tell Me Wot U Tink Abt It by thiscounts(m): 11:39am On May 16, 2012
@uniquexty,It was just a tip to gild d work.It is not correction.You are doing great with your piece.I'd like to read more of it.Thumps-up!

(1) (Reply)

"ORICTOLAGUS CUNNICULUS" Is A Latin Word For Rabbit, Which Kind Of Rabbit? / After The Ghost Town (horror Story) / The Good, The Bad And The Ugly. [a Campus Based Story]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.