Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw (13068 Views)

Celebrities At The Lagos Premiere Of Invasion 1897 (Photos) / The Money Drop TV Game Show Debuts In Nigeria / Guinness 'Friend Or Foe' Game Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by Seun(m): 2:34pm On Jul 21, 2005
The Lagos State Lottery (aka "Lagos Lotto"wink, is organized by Orion Technologies Nigeria Limited, which received an exclusive licence from the Lagos State Government to operate an on-line lottery.

According to their website and newspaper/TV adverts,
- You only need 150 naira to participate in the lottery.
- 10% of the ticket revenue from the lottery goes to "good causes".
- Exactly 39% of ticket revenue goes into prizes (only 39%? shocked).
- There have about 600 ticket dealers in Lagos.

[img]http://www.nairaland.com.nyud.net:8090/img/lagos-lottery-website.png[/img]
The Lagos Lotto Website - www.lagoslottery.com

The 'Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw' is shown on SilverBird Television (STV) at 8:30pm every Saturday.  Have you watched any episode of the show?  What's your opinion?  Let's use this space to discuss each airing of the show, talk about the winners, talk about the lottery, et cetera.
Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by bijorium(m): 2:44am On Jul 22, 2005
It seems to me that the target of this lottery as usual seem to be the poor unsuspecting masses. I would rather that lagosians went to a fast food joint, get a cup of ice cream. Eat it up while you think about earning an honest living in Nigeria, rather than bother your head with some quick get-rich scheme. I wonder if any ready made millionaire will be willing to part with a paltry 150 naira.
   Abo oro la so fun omoluwabi rolleyes grin
Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by hotangel2(f): 6:57am On Jul 22, 2005
There's now Lotto in Lagos, Na wa ooo.

Anyways the price is almost the same here - $1 to play and you can win millions. But i think there's a little difference, because it seems to me like you can only win 2 million in the Lagos own, whereas...here the price varries. The price increases each week if nobody wins it. Anyways good luck to those who plays it.
Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 22, 2005
bijorium you feel that way cos you've missing a point. when anybody embarkes on a scheme it's to get money. one must chop from where he works. so yes the primary aim of lotteries is to make money for those executing it.

the idea is this, let me give an example. interested players pay like 100Naira to play. the more players they get the better. the might raise like 10 million Naira. the prize money then becomes say 1million Naira. yes they pocket the 9 million. but that is for the running cost and their own salaries. the winner of the lottery then gets 1million. for any one that wins it that definately is a really really good thing. but if u don't nothing spoil.

people playing lotteries should have it in mind that there is a 1/1 000, 000 chance of winning. that is a very very small probability of winning but if u win u hit it really big. the right thing to do is to invest in lotteries with your spare cash. dont invest and be so hopeful. play it more like its a game you dont care about. but when you play and all your mind is on winning i'm sorry but you'll most likely be dissappointed.

lotteries are fun. everybody comes out happy. the oganizers come out happy having made money. the winner is elated on hitting it bid and you the loser enjoys the show...afterall the money you spent on it was out of your excess or it didn't mean much to you. that's why there are so many of them: National lottery, globacom lottery and now this Lagos one. if i had the chance i would start my own grin cool.

2 Likes

Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by hotangel2(f): 8:36am On Jul 22, 2005
you r right. Whe you buy the lottery ticket don't put all your mind in winning. Don't pour annoiting oil on the numbers you choose, don't fast for 30 days just because you choose 7 number. Just do it for fun. How much is one dollar (one hundred and --sumtin naira).
Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by bijorium(m): 9:15am On Jul 22, 2005
rather than throw The so called dollar equivalent of i50 naira to some individuals, have you thought about putting a smile on some kwashiorkor-ridden child's face in one of the many war-torn zones in this motherland called Africa with the 150 naira . Abo oro la so fun omoluwabi.......
Selah
Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by hotangel2(f): 9:35am On Jul 22, 2005
I think you need to change this [i]"Abo oro la so fun omoluwabi" [/i]to your signature.
Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by Seun(m): 1:30pm On Jul 22, 2005
I only support the idea of lottery if the bulk of the money raised by the lottery is used for charitable causes like donating to orphanages, et cetera. So in your mind you'll know that even if you don't win you're donating to charity. Then the percentage of the ticket sales used to pay the prize can simply be written off as a marketing expense (people would donate more money if it gives them the chance to make millions!)

One idea behind lotteries is that the grand prize winner should never have to work again, but the 2 million naira jackpot in this lottery is too small to give anybody that kind of confidence. Perhaps they ought to increase it to 20-50 million naira?

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by hotangel2(f): 7:13pm On Jul 22, 2005
Seun you are right. 2 million naira is just too small. People win like 16 million dollars over here and even more, i think it'd be great if the price is increased. And uhmm the charity idea is good too.
Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by Seun(m): 8:59pm On Jul 23, 2005
I've just finished watching this week's episode of the show. The presenter of the show is Ashionye Michelle Ugboh and the winning numbers were ... well I forgot, but I know there was a 9, a 29, a 30, and I think a 32!
Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by hotangel2(f): 7:11am On Jul 24, 2005
Wow.. they do it in Ogun too? I thought it was just Lagos. Great! Was there a winner?
Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 27, 2005
One idea behind lotteries is that the grand prize winner should never have to work again, but the 2 million naira jackpot in this lottery is too small to give anybody that kind of confidence.   Perhaps they ought to increase it to 20-50 million naira?
true word man. that's why in the US when you win a million dollars it really is something (about 138 million naira). damn is our curency that worthless?
Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by Seun(m): 12:20am On Aug 12, 2005
Tuesday 9th August 2005

For the first time, the Lagos Lottery has produced two jackpot winners in one week! Muiz Abayomi Ayoola, 21, a student from Ketu, emerged as the first winner to share in last week’s jackpot prize of N2.5 million, walking away with a cool[b] N1.25 million[/b].

Muiz has recently completed a course at a local computer school and is waiting for entrance into university where he plans to study accounting and dreams to become a chartered accountant one day. He comes from a family of seven children and is currently unemployed and is supported by his mother who is a local trader.

Interestingly, it turns out that in order to stand a better chance of winning, Muiz clubbed together with two friends who each put in N100 so they could buy two N150 tickets between them. His lucky friends who get to share the N1.25 million with Muiz are Afeez Ameen, 22, who is studying mass communication at OOU and Muyiwa Ogunkelu, 24, who is also waiting for admission into university.

According to Muiz, this was his[b] first time of playing [/b]the Lagos Lottery and he did so on his brother’s recommendation. His brother had formerly played getting four (4) numbers in the first draw.

Muiz and his friends purchased their winning ticket from Jeremob Ventures Business Centre in Ketu on Wednesday last week, choosing the numbers randomly amongst themselves while also taking his brother’s advice on two numbers. While another syndicate member watched the draw on Saturday night, Muiz had the ticket so his friend was not certain if they were winners. He immediately rushed over to meet Muiz with the draw results and there was much jubilation when they realised they were winners!

Muiz said he couldn’t sleep the whole of Saturday night, dreaming of what he would do with his winnings. The three syndicate members will split their winnings between them evenly and Muiz says he will give some of his portion to his mother and save the rest for his education.

Muiz and his two friends came into Orion Technologies’ head office on Monday morning to claim their prize. As per Orion’s LOTTO game rules of paying a single ticket holder, Muiz was paid the full N1.25 million [/b]as syndicates must choose a syndicate manager to represent them and the prize is paid out to that representative. It is the responsibility of syndicates to arrange payments between their members.

Amazingly, Muiz and his friends were not the only jackpot winners last week! There is [b]still a lucky ticket holder out there
who has also won N1.25 million, according to General Manger: Business Development of Orion Technologies, Dominic Dempers.

Dempers urged all players from last week to check their tickets against the winning numbers of 1, 17, 20, 25, 28 and 36 to make sure that they don’t miss out on this lucrative prize.

For the next draw, a special "One Month Anniversary Draw" promotion is on whereby N5000 is a guaranteed payout for Division Four (match four numbers) and N750 is a guaranteed payout for Division Five (match three numbers),

"We are committed to producing more winners and more millionaires among Lagosians every week. All you have to do is buy your Lagos Lottery tickets from our authorised dealers at any Oando filling station, all Oceanic bank branches in Lagos, independent retailers and our vendors on the street dressed in magenta coloured dungarees, pick your six numbers and watch for the results on our game show.

The Lagos Lottery TV Game Show is on at 8:30pm every Saturday, on Silverbird TV [/b]and you might just be the next winner".

[center]
[b]Look at The Smiling Faces of the Winnind Friends! (
Press Release)[/center]
Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by hotangel2(f): 2:44am On Aug 12, 2005
Gosh...that's awesome.
Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by bioye(m): 7:45pm On Aug 12, 2005
Well, let them put the exact figures that go to charity on the website for us to see.
In as much as a minute number of people are winning a few millions, is this the kind of thing Nigeria needs at this time? Yeah, some salaries are being paid too, but what value do these Lottery services add to the lives of Nigerians? Believe it or not, 100s of thousands of extremely poor souls will keep using their little hard-earned money to play this lottery, and they will never win, and they will keep getting poorer.

I guess the only significant value I see here is the entertainment. Some people enjoy the anxiety and all that the show brings. I hope nobody ever faint and die during the show sha.

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by fataiiyo(m): 10:29am On Aug 14, 2005
Hello to all!

Just asking, may be anyone can participate in it? If one is not in Lagos or around it, where can one obtain the ticket? Can someone participate on Internet?
Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by prettyH(f): 3:17pm On Nov 28, 2005
Thats good that at least some winners av emerged. I'm quite surprised that they kept to their promise of giving the winners the money cos anything in Nigeria always has K leg. But lets see how the lottery progresses.

@Seun

which charity..in nigeria..forget it. As far as am concerned the state govt is the charity cos i know they'll be chopping like hell from the weekly taking-ins thats why they've allowed the lottery to continue.
Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by Seun(m): 10:13am On Mar 18, 2006
As they say, there's smart money an there's foolish money and there's smart money. The lottery is a very efficient way of collecting foolish money from the public!
Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by kellorah: 6:35pm On Jul 18, 2006
Never heard of it. that should be kool cheesy
Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by Seun(m): 7:05pm On Jul 22, 2006
People really like the idea of winning a fantastic amount of money by luck and never having to work again.
Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by nkemkelly(m): 11:05pm On Jul 22, 2006
The rate at which Lagosians play lotto this days shows one how much the masses is suffering and need money.And the worst part of this whole Lotto stuff is that it's meant to exploit the poor.Thus bringing us to this same talk about the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer.Lagosians beware that almost everything that involves draws BABA IJEBU,richwell,national,mid week,vag lottto,etc or TV games that involves you to send text and win,spot the difference(then call),play and win,etc are all tricks the rich put up to make themselves richer.So the next time you see an advert that has to do with play and win just try to avoid it cos you will end up playing to pay some greedy minded people.Please the only way to make money is by working,don't spend the little "on try your luck" stuffs.Lets hear what you've got to say,if you've just read this.thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by kellorah: 9:14pm On Jul 23, 2006
Seun:

People really like the idea of winning a fantastic amount of money by luck and never having to work again.
yes nau! don't you like that?
people still keep their jobs. i would cos i know the money won't last forever!
Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by Emeka72(m): 10:56am On Feb 20, 2008
according to that post made by seun people who are foolish mistake luck for something else if you play any of those nonesense it means you are a fool because even if you win today what about tomorrow when the money finishes so why not think of something constant.
LUCK simply means Labouring Under Correct Knowledge.
Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by naija777: 1:15am On Sep 15, 2010
Anyone interested Lottery? Joining a syndicate greatly increases your chances of winning!

At 100NGN/40p a shared entry or 625NGN/£2.50 a full entry, you get the chance to possibly pocket some cool cash on Independence Day! Let's just say something to really smile about on October 1st! INDEPENDENCE DAY? YOUR OWN SHARE OF NATIONAL CAKE?  LOL!  grin

It's a chance to take a share of at least £12,000,000.00 Jackpot on October 1st 2010.

http://syndicate777.com/October_1st_EuroMillions.php

You can also email october1@syndicate777.com for more details
Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by naija777: 12:14pm On Sep 25, 2010
[size=14pt]The OCTOBER 1ST EUROMILLIONS DRAW JACKPOT HAS ROLLED OVER FROM £12,000,000.00 TO A WHOPPING £82,000,000.00! See it here for yourself : http://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/p/lotterydrawgames/euromillions.ftl

DON'T MISS OUT! Play from NGN100.00!

Play here: http://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/p/lotterydrawgames/euromillions.ftl[/size]
Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by sifoluy: 11:06am On Jul 09, 2018
I love to watch and also play the lottery show as recently I play a lotto show in PH named as Swertres PCSO lotto and I literally won it and earn money from it. My friend takes a part in Ez2 Lotto show and he was also won.

Source: https://swertresresult.org/pcso/ez2-results/
Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by nixsha: 6:26am On Jan 23, 2019
The game in the Philippines Charity Sweepstakes Office can be drawn everyday especially the digit game. Furthermore the game called Swertres is very popular because of the only 3 digit combination you need to be exactly in the draw. and Also you can win 4,500.00 Pesos or 84USD. if you bet 10 Pesos or 0.18 USD. Otherwise you may lookup other info and the results of Swertres today
Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by tck2000(m): 12:26pm On Jun 28, 2019
Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by tck2000(m): 6:09pm On Jun 28, 2019
Money doubling scheme
Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by seikhmusab: 7:55am On Nov 06, 2019
sifoluy:
I love to watch and also play the lottery show as recently I play a lotto show in PH named as Swertres PCSO lotto and I literally won it and earn money from it. My friend takes a part in Ez2 Lotto show and he was also won.

Source: https://swertresresult.org/pcso/ez2-results/

I have also a good experience with Swertres PCSO lotto...
Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by swertreshearing: 1:00pm On Feb 01, 2020
I love lottery to play and most of the time win. I always watch live show to check the winning numbers and tips.
The source that I love to watch and play the lottery is

https://swertresresultstoday.net/
Re: The Lagos Lottery Game Show & Live Draw by pinoylottery: 11:22am On Feb 02, 2020
To watch online lottery draw show is my favorite. I always watch PCSO Swertres Hearing from pinoy lottery which is amazing and provide great stuff to read and get winning numbers.
The source of watching online numbers for Swertres and Ez2 lotto is give below;
Source: https://pinoylottery.com/

(1) (2) (Reply)

TV station(s) That Airs The Most Educative Programmes? / 'Tale Of Zozo' On New York's Times Square Bilboard / Big Brother Africa Shower Hour Day 33 Photo And Videos Just For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.