Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,943 members, 7,814,187 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Abuja City Gate Being Removed(pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja City Gate Being Removed(pictures) (19122 Views)

FG To Move Some Federal Ministries, Agencies Out Of Abuja City / We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA / CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja City Gate Being Removed(pictures) by DaLover(m): 6:08pm On May 11, 2012
[size=20pt]Abuja people are more intelligent than the rest of the country, see what they are achieving!!!!!!!! [/size]
Re: Abuja City Gate Being Removed(pictures) by DaLover(m): 6:09pm On May 11, 2012
Ilaje44: [size=13pt]If the FED would draw up development roadmaps and truly invest a little of the energy and money wasted on Abuja and take active role in the development of the largest cities in all the Geopol-Zones of Nigeria, it would go a long way in alleviating/adressing:
1. Poverty
2. Infrastructural deficit
3. etc...

The FED is getting just too much of Nigeria's revenue! The federal Government share of the national cake is over proportionally high.
[/size]

Bro, the states should be the ones driving this, what you souold be asking for is resource control!!
Re: Abuja City Gate Being Removed(pictures) by cindyrella(f): 6:56pm On May 11, 2012
Dr Know: The poster of this thread is having a laugh! You have all been fooled. Can't you see these pictures were taking during the construction of the present gate? can't you see the completed gate was painted and the the claimed to be demolished was not.

It is true oh
Dr i too know indeed grin grin grin grin grin

@topic another way to chop money
Re: Abuja City Gate Being Removed(pictures) by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 11, 2012
From what I see, the new gate must cost over a N100bn based on government anticipated preposterous estimates.
Re: Abuja City Gate Being Removed(pictures) by Walexy10: 9:18pm On May 11, 2012
Tony Spike: Another string of multi-billion naira (or dollars) fraud is about to be committed. Very soon, we might start hearing of the Abuja Gate scandal.....lol
and sum set of fool wil b d comitee 2 probe dat
Re: Abuja City Gate Being Removed(pictures) by Princek12(m): 10:52pm On May 11, 2012
Very useless government. Instead of them fixing the electricity problem, they are busy building some useless bridge.
Re: Abuja City Gate Being Removed(pictures) by CyberG: 11:01pm On May 11, 2012
owobokiri: Sitting positions at the gate New fad? Boko Haramists wont be lobbing grenades into passing vehicles from such vantage positions?

LWKMD! grin grin Hahaha!
Re: Abuja City Gate Being Removed(pictures) by SkyRider1(m): 11:31pm On May 11, 2012
gegee:

i took those pictures from a bus. thats my rout home.you can call any of ur friends or relatives living in abuja who take that rout

I just passed that spot this evening. You are in order bros.
It's true certain people can only see fraud in all things.
Re: Abuja City Gate Being Removed(pictures) by Musiwa51: 11:41pm On May 11, 2012
DaLover, it is a sign of been stupid to build a gate in abuja... It show that person is stupid. How long will you move the next gate.. Abuja will expand and are you going to continue to move gate. I will not sign sure a project, if i was president..
Re: Abuja City Gate Being Removed(pictures) by ava1989(f): 12:09am On May 12, 2012
I've gone through this thread and come to the conclusion that Nigeria's greatest problem = Nigerians. Such pessimism! Did y'all even read the initial post?
Re: Abuja City Gate Being Removed(pictures) by donktrax(m): 2:26am On May 12, 2012
@akereconfi, u dae here? @ all, na wa o! this pple neva do east west road o! haba!
Re: Abuja City Gate Being Removed(pictures) by Beaf: 3:18am On May 12, 2012
Donlittle: beaf is not around to come nd defend? lmao

Defend what? Your willing descent into stud!dity?
If a new gate is being built, is it with your awuf luv'n states money?

Go and get your awuf luv'n, parasitic phuck of a governor to generate wealth that can be used to build a gate to your state instead of playing the perpetual fool.
Re: Abuja City Gate Being Removed(pictures) by NwaBiafra: 5:10am On May 12, 2012
why dont they wait for boko haram to blow it up?
Re: Abuja City Gate Being Removed(pictures) by londoner: 5:30am On May 12, 2012
It is good that they are following through with the plan to replace the city gate. i heard about the project and the Cioty Gate vompetition a while ago. The current gate is not befitting of a capital city and not least Abuja. this is one of th first things people see when coming to Abuja for the first time.

If the design makes it to actuality it can creat many jobs and actually encourage business in the area. At this point in time, there really isn't any business or social life around the gate.

This is an opportunity as I see it and it is about time Abuja had some of it own landmarks and tourist attractions of any other capital city.

When we think of San francisco we think of the Golden gate Bridge.......Paris, the Eiffel tower.....London Big Ben.

Abuja can benefit from this.
Re: Abuja City Gate Being Removed(pictures) by msb247(m): 9:48am On May 12, 2012
lexonah: Guy,if em lyk make em turn am upside dwn,e no fit b lyk lagoz....

guy wetin dat one come mean naw? undecided lagos no go ever be like abj tongue
Re: Abuja City Gate Being Removed(pictures) by msb247(m): 9:51am On May 12, 2012
NwaBiafra: why dont they wait for boko haram to blow it up?

so u expect them to blow-up the city gate just like that? undecided to gain what? it is in no way a threat to their mission so this is not a point.
Re: Abuja City Gate Being Removed(pictures) by Nobody: 10:17am On May 12, 2012
werepeLeri: Everything for una eye na to chop money. Go and ask Yar Adua who awarded the contract for the road before he died, maybe he will give you some answers.

By the time you get one government contract,you'd know that there is a difference between awarding a contract,getting a job order,collecting mobilization and getting your final payment.Yardua only awarded but the money was paid/chop by who ? Jonath Bootlickers ! tongue
Re: Abuja City Gate Being Removed(pictures) by NwaBiafra: 5:48pm On May 12, 2012
msb247:

so u expect them to blow-up the city gate just like that? undecided to gain what? it is in no way a threat to their mission so this is not a point.

Their mission is to succeed from the Federal Government of Nigeria.

If they blew up the United Nations Headquarters building to denounce, show disrespect and gain attention attention to those ruling the world.

Why wouldn't blowing up The Entry Gate of the federal Capital of Nigeria be tactful in their mission?
It will send a huge message to the country.

it is in no way a threat to their mission so this is not a point.[b][/b]

a threat?? WHO AND WHAT IS THREATENING BOKO?? who threw the first bomb?
Re: Abuja City Gate Being Removed(pictures) by edreesdandy: 10:02pm On May 12, 2012
I wish their could be other important issue to talk about on Nairaland, than the fruitless contacts that has nothing to do wif the present situation of the country. Trust me their shall be a scandal soon......... ABUJA CITY GATE SCANDAL

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Bans Okada In Benin City / Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 88th Birthday Today / Bolanle Raheem: Osinbajo Reaches Out To Husband, Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.