Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae (6939 Views)

Remembering Dagrin: His Life, Death, Legacy / Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae / Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by mukina2: 12:21pm On May 11, 2012

Jamaican singer and songwriter, Robert Nesta(6 February 1945 – 11 May 1981), popularly known as Bob Marley passed away on this day 31 years ago.

Today, the world commemorates the life of Reggae’s most transcendent and iconic figure, Bob Marley who was the first Jamaican artist to achieve international superstardom, in the process introducing the music of his native island nation to the far-flung corners of the globe.

OMG

1 Like

Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by ojochidem(m): 12:28pm On May 11, 2012
He was truly a LEGEND who lived and died with great ideals.
Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by bohboh275(m): 12:30pm On May 11, 2012
He lives on forever. Jah Rastafari
Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by Ibadiarann(m): 12:34pm On May 11, 2012
bohboh275: He lives on forever. Jah Rastafari

He cant possibly live forever. His music is still alive. But for him, he is either in hell or heaven. One Love!!!!!
Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by odedipapa(m): 12:35pm On May 11, 2012
Cant stop blasting his "how many times". RIP Marley.
Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by redsun(m): 12:43pm On May 11, 2012
Ibadiarann:

He cant possibly live forever. His music is still alive. But for him, he is either in hell or heaven. One Love!!!!!

He is the one,the messiah.Just like all the true Jah children,those taht believe.

1 Like

Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by Ibadiarann(m): 12:45pm On May 11, 2012
redsun:

He is the one,the messiah.Just like all the true Jah children,those taht believe.

Rubbish. Keep your believe to yourself man.

1 Like

Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by Aladinn(m): 12:46pm On May 11, 2012
Ibadiarann:

whichever way you want to twist it, he lives forever!
A dead man is one whose influence you no longer feel.

1 Like

Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by redsun(m): 12:49pm On May 11, 2012
Ibadiarann:

Rubbish. Keep your believe to yourself man.

Your eyes are not open yet.You are like a newly born polar bear cub in the snowy den waiting for spring to usher in.
Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by Sijo01(f): 12:50pm On May 11, 2012
Ya musik liv's on da grt regga icon Bob Mr. Marley. Puyaka, mi say continuna 2rest in peace.

Moi using diz opportunity 2wish ma baby broda a Happy Birthday in a regga style.

To all regga luvers out dere, mi bliv big tins agwan on ur crib.

1luv.

1 Like

Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by freecocoa(f): 12:51pm On May 11, 2012
Yeah his music lives on.

Shebi he's the one that sang "pass me the risla and the ganja,me i wan feel highrey" ?

I remember him grin.
Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by freecocoa(f): 12:53pm On May 11, 2012
Sijo01: Ya musik liv's on da grt regga icon Bob Mr. Marley. Puyaka, mi say continuna 2rest in peace.

Moi using diz opportunity 2wish ma baby broda a Happy Birthday in a regga style.

To all regga luvers out dere, mi bliv big tins agwan on ur crib.

1luv.
How many wraps did you smoke this hot afternoon? tongue
Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by mkmyers45(m): 12:54pm On May 11, 2012
He was a philosopher who made a mark through music....
Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by redsun(m): 12:54pm On May 11, 2012
freecocoa: Yeah his music lives on.

Shebi he's the one that sang "pass me the risla and the ganja,me i wan feel highrey" ?

I remember him grin.

Have you listened to redemption song? If you haven't,you better do.
Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by redsun(m): 12:56pm On May 11, 2012
Marley is in the rank of gods like Fela.Black gods.Gods don't die,jesus is not dead yet,abi?
Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by freecocoa(f): 12:57pm On May 11, 2012
redsun:

Have you listened to redemption song? If you haven't,you better do.
Why should I? Is there a price for listening to it?angry
Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by ZUBY77(m): 12:58pm On May 11, 2012
He made the greatest, i said, the greatest impact in my life. His song "zimbabwe" liberated them. His "war" caused his death though but the one that killed the imperilists of is the song "GUILTINESS"
you said that "if you know what life is worth, you better live yours here on Earth"
You will forever live in my mind.
Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by Sijo01(f): 12:58pm On May 11, 2012
freecocoa: How many wraps did you smoke this hot afternoon? tongue

truss me, u dnt wanna kno!
Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by redsun(m): 12:59pm On May 11, 2012
freecocoa: Why should I? Is there a price for listening to it?angry

Yeah,a price for the emancipation of the mind.You probably need it.
Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by executinal(m): 12:59pm On May 11, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by ceejayluv(m): 1:01pm On May 11, 2012
*lights up a mega-sized GBANA* *Singing*Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds. Have no fear for atomic energy, cos none of them can stop the time. How log shall they kill our prophets while we stand aside and look.
Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by bohboh275(m): 1:02pm On May 11, 2012
Ibadiarann:

I don't care what you think or believe in but as long as i'm concern is legacy lives on forever. Only the body dies the soul survives and lives on.
Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 11, 2012
Ibadiarann:

mumu
Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by Sijo01(f): 1:07pm On May 11, 2012
ceejayluv: *lights up a mega-sized GBANA* *Singing*Emancipate yourselves from metal slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds. Have no fear for atomic energy, cos none of them can stop the time. How log shall they kill our prophets while we stand aside and look.

more Gbana 2ur elbow Man!
Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by ZUBY77(m): 1:09pm On May 11, 2012
"They dont want to see us unite, all they want us to do is, see us kill one another"

that was your song Marley. They are still undermining our cultures and looking DOWN upon our traditions. Brainwashing our children to make them fools. Hatred their reward for our love, TELLING US OF A GOD ABOVE. While stealing from us below. We will chase them crazy barheads out of the town oneday. One love....

1 Like

Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by emisun(m): 1:10pm On May 11, 2012
signing in my respect to the great bob.....your memories live on
Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by gegee(m): 1:16pm On May 11, 2012
one love man. still enjoyin ur music and that of ur children, ziggy stephen, damian still doin it jah bless
Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by Ibadiarann(m): 1:16pm On May 11, 2012
obakovich:
mumu

ODE
Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by Ibadiarann(m): 1:16pm On May 11, 2012
bohboh275:

I don't care what you think or believe in but as long as i'm concern is legacy lives on forever. Only the body dies the soul survives and lives on.

STORY
Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by redsun(m): 1:19pm On May 11, 2012
ZUBY77: "They dont want to see us unite, all they want us to do is, see us kill one another"

that was your song Marley. They are still undermining our cultures and looking DOWN upon our traditions. Brainwashing our children to make them fools. Hatred their reward for our love, TELLING US OF A GOD ABOVE. While stealing from us below. We will chase them crazy barheads out of the town oneday. One love....

Talking about colonialism,slavery,christinity,islam and imperialism.All his messages are like that.

There are loads of things blacks can learn from that guy,just like so many black legends that are being overlooked.

Legends like Tupac who they easily dismisssed as thug without understanding who is,where he is coming from,what he was up against and where he 'is' heading.
Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by StillDeoye(m): 1:34pm On May 11, 2012
Roberto Nesta<bob marley>:a legend,his songs are evergreen...rip bob
Re: Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae by damilola15: 1:42pm On May 11, 2012
Singing 'three little birds' for me and 'natural mystic' for Nigeria.
One love.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download Timaya Ft. King Perryy & Patoranking – Kom Kom / DJ Angos Ft Lizberg - Wolo ( Lalakukulala Cover) / Top Most Awarded Africa Musicians :list Of Most Awarded Artists In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.