Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,562 members, 7,820,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage Because Her In Laws Are Mean. Wants My Opi - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage Because Her In Laws Are Mean. Wants My Opi (5799 Views)

Kenyan Woman Posts Pics Of A Lady Everywhere Warning Her To Leave Her Husband / Wife Shocking Confession That Ended Her Marriage Of 5years / Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage Because Her In Laws Are Mean. Wants My Opi by OAM4J: 2:51am On May 14, 2012
I miss all the shows. sad

I wonder the essence of having all these friends on my friends list sef, none of them could inform me of all these actions going on in this section, say make I come share popcorn and recommend people for ban after grin
Re: My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage Because Her In Laws Are Mean. Wants My Opi by Nobody: 3:18am On May 14, 2012
@CC

You are beginning to take NL seriously grin. Some of us have a life you know, we come online and display some amount of craze and go back to our daily lives. Nothing changes. It's the internet, it's not serious. Even my hubby recommends NLD whenever I feel like nagging tongue . All these talk of maturity is just talks, you don't know half the amount of people on this site, they don't know you, I could see you on the street and walk past you. I might be someone you even know in real life as the best mum to her kids and a wonderful wife to her husband.

The internet does not define anybody. For all you know, some of us could be well respected celebrities in real life than you appreciate and respect(like you do with Van Vicker cool)

Even if my kids come online and see the name Jennykadry, they will just look at the user ID and call the person "a psycho" cos my real name is not even close to NLD ID. My husband well, he knows the baggage he married anyways embarassedgrin

BTW, of what use is this friend request anyways? too many people asking to be my friend. cheesy grin cool
Re: My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage Because Her In Laws Are Mean. Wants My Opi by moremi2008(m): 5:05am On May 14, 2012
jennykadry: @CC
BTW, of what use is this friend request anyways? too many people asking to be my friend. cheesy grin cool

This "friend" thing is just awkward. Is there a way to block friend requests? I have enough friends in real life; I don't want any friends from Nairaland!!!!

How do you even become friends with a screenname without actually knowing who is behind that screenname? How do I know Jenny isn't an old white man, that Madam CC is not Goodluck Jonathan's secret mistress or that Tgirl4real isn't a tranny for real? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage Because Her In Laws Are Mean. Wants My Opi by Nobody: 7:54am On May 14, 2012

1 Like

Re: My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage Because Her In Laws Are Mean. Wants My Opi by Nobody: 8:55am On May 14, 2012
I guess this is where different parental skills come in to play. Most of the times I browse NL, I do it from my study and trust me, the amount of over 3,000 pages books + all my first aid kits on my desk will block their eyes for atleast 5 minutes before they can see my desktop screen grin .They have asked me why I have so many books in my study and I answered them "This is where I study, so whenever I am in here, I am doing one study or the other" and gbam it stuck right in. They just assume that I am studying and have not really asked any more questions and I myself have decided to let sleeping dogs lie. They have their own study too where they go in to study so yea, they know what it's all about. Only a few times do I browse through NLD on my lappy and beside my husband in the couch and yea he complains like yours, tells me it is a bloody waste of time that I don't even bother discussing some topics with him anymore, phew gave up a long time cheesy

I tell you what, I have never told them about NLD and I won't, you know why? not because of my big mouth and my posts alone but because of other sections. I don't want them logging on and browsing through the sexuality section where born2fvck and his s3x starved crew are busy w@anking, I don't want them browsing through the romance section where 190 and co are busy toasting babes and vice versa. I don't want them browsing through the celebrity section and seeing the naked pics, or sex tape of one celeb or the other. I actually monitor them closely to know what they are doing when they are online, maybe not perfectly well but I am trying and so far I have not been disappointed.

TRUTH IS, this site is not for kids, period(IMO) wink
Re: My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage Because Her In Laws Are Mean. Wants My Opi by Nobody: 9:09am On May 14, 2012
Busy_body: Okay no more question cry but can I quickly add one word pere that asides from the two Mods with two different styles of moderating - Nike just wakes up from deep sleep and groggily comes to clean out some post including innocent ones and locks the thread gbam, whilst Tgirl whilst participating as a Nairaland member, gets caught in the thick of things, and people looking for someone who they think can't speak back, quickly decend on her, with both parties accusing her of being biased, crying "on you cleaned this one and left that one" wharrashame ehn cheesy

Mukina too, bless her, also pops in once in a while to lock threads, as if she does not have enough on her plates already. Sowwy I went over the one word limit tongue

I have honestly asked myself a million and one times if Seun(let me not include muki) was drunk when he appointed Nike as mod? that girl, boy, child, lady, woman or whatever she is, is never active. Check the last time she posted, it's either on closed thread or something. If she no get internet make seun take care of that nowww. Of what use is a MOD if she only replies once a month, specifically on days she woke up with a migraine
Re: My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage Because Her In Laws Are Mean. Wants My Opi by Nobody: 10:08am On May 14, 2012

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage Because Her In Laws Are Mean. Wants My Opi by Nobody: 10:19am On May 14, 2012
I'm very disappointed in the cabal! from serious advisers to market women. please more posts about how to deal with annoying murders in law make i nor go throw person from my balcony tomorrow.
Re: My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage Because Her In Laws Are Mean. Wants My Opi by moremi2008(m): 12:55pm On May 14, 2012
michelin89: I'm very disappointed in the cabal! from serious advisers to market women. please more posts about how to deal with annoying murders in law make i nor go throw person from my balcony tomorrow.

LOL! Abeg, madam, take am easy oh! grin
Re: My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage Because Her In Laws Are Mean. Wants My Opi by recruitmnt: 7:39am On May 15, 2012
I, Even as an adult would not visit the romance/sexuality (not sure of how clean it is) and religion (don't wanna be confused.lol).My point is that there are some sections like family, health, culture, etc. You'ld expect to LEARN a lot but the family section is just something else! Believe it or not most people that come here have real life issues and its just boring having to dig through insults that I never understand anyway cos of the language... But then again its the internet so I guess anything goes sad
Re: My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage Because Her In Laws Are Mean. Wants My Opi by mukina2: 11:07am On May 15, 2012
how/where/when did family section got turned into a battlefield?
Re: My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage Because Her In Laws Are Mean. Wants My Opi by Tgirl4real(f): 1:18pm On May 15, 2012
recruitmnt: I, Even as an adult would not visit the romance/sexuality (not sure of how clean it is) and religion (don't wanna be confused.lol).My point is that there are some sections like family, health, culture, etc. You'ld expect to LEARN a lot but the family section is just something else! Believe it or not most people that come here have real life issues and its just boring having to dig through insults that I never understand anyway cos of the language... But then again its the internet so I guess anything goes sad

I feel you.

@ Jenny n CC,

I get the 2 approaches you both are explaining and I'm glad we are finally addressing this issue. I would hav prefered on anoda thread though.

I believe people do come on here to discuss serious issues bothering them, and it's not everyone that can live seperate lives on and off the internet. I would suggest we be a bit more sensitive when dealing with issues. The world is a small place afterall. cool
Re: My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage Because Her In Laws Are Mean. Wants My Opi by Tgirl4real(f): 1:33pm On May 15, 2012
moremi2008:

This "friend" thing is just awkward. Is there a way to block friend requests? I have enough friends in real life; I don't want any friends from Nairaland!!!!

How do you even become friends with a screenname without actually knowing who is behind that screenname? How do I know Jenny isn't an old white man, that Madam CC is not Goodluck Jonathan's secret mistress or that Tgirl4real isn't a tranny for real? grin grin grin grin grin

If I catch u dis small boi, I will so strangle u angry angry tongue

Btw, shouldn't u be happy that you are getting like request from a beautiful, fat 40 sum'n woman tongue

Seriously though, hav also wondered what d importance of the friend request is. From my research, I gathered that, the post of your friends automatically show up on your updated posts. Means you add sumone you love reading their posts.
Re: My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage Because Her In Laws Are Mean. Wants My Opi by moremi2008(m): 11:50pm On May 15, 2012
Tgirl4real:

If I catch u dis small boi, I will so strangle u angry angry tongue

Btw, shouldn't u be happy that you are getting like request from a beautiful, fat 40 sum'n woman tongue

Seriously though, hav also wondered what d importance of the friend request is. From my research, I gathered that, the post of your friends automatically show up on your updated posts. Means you add sumone you love reading their posts.

What? So if you added 30 friends, you would get notices when they post anything? That's just a recipe for inbox disaster!

ps - who is spreading this rumor that I am a small kid? Madam CC called me a college kid a while back! Is it because I sometimes log on here from a university IP address where I currently do consulting work? You silly moderators need to stop snooping! grin grin grin grin
Re: My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage Because Her In Laws Are Mean. Wants My Opi by Tgirl4real(f): 8:38am On May 16, 2012
moremi2008:

What? So if you added 30 friends, you would get notices when they post anything? That's just a recipe for inbox disaster!

No. Its the thread they post you get to see. And it will only appear in your updated topics.

ps - who is spreading this rumor that I am a small kid? Madam CC called me a college kid a while back! Is it because I sometimes log on here from a university IP address where I currently do consulting work? You silly moderators need to stop snooping! grin grin grin grin

Snooping ko. . .who get tym to dey snoop tongue
U've forgotten your thread about finding a gal to take home to mama tongue
Re: My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage Because Her In Laws Are Mean. Wants My Opi by NAJALYN: 4:09pm On May 16, 2012
All that needs to be said has been said. I just want to add that marriage is a life long affair. Couples should be extremely careful, prayerful, look properly before leaping into marriage. There is a story of a couple that have been married for less than 6 months. They had a quarrel. As the man was sleeping at night, the woman stabbed him. The man was rushed to the hospital. I dont know if the man survived. Please be careful as life has no duplicate.
Re: My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage Because Her In Laws Are Mean. Wants My Opi by moremi2008(m): 5:41pm On May 16, 2012
Tgirl4real:

No. Its the thread they post you get to see. And it will only appear in your updated topics.

Snooping ko. . .who get tym to dey snoop tongue
U've forgotten your thread about finding a gal to take home to mama tongue

Oh... still looking (actually, not really). I have ~5yrs before I become an official prayer point! Plan to enjoy bachelorhood while it lasts. grin
Re: My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage Because Her In Laws Are Mean. Wants My Opi by ezicat: 12:26pm On May 19, 2012
Looks like the topic has been completely derailed - while people discuss the insults etc (which happens to be typical in any interaction involving large groups of people), perhaps we can assist the OP's friend without the "she should have known better angle" because that isn't a solution.
Re: My Friend Wants To Leave Her Marriage Because Her In Laws Are Mean. Wants My Opi by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 11, 2013
First,she should not leave her marriage&put everything before God but I wanna ask was she forced to marry this guy?she dint study his kind of person,his family before making life commitment to him...Little can a husband do,we are in Africa.She should sit her husband too&talk to him about it...ts her cross now,she has to bear it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Wife's Attitude. / 24-Year-Old Model Weds 81 Year Old Billionaire ( Photos ) / Working On Your Husband's Weaknesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.