Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye (38123 Views)

Who Owns Lagos? By Sam Omatseye / Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. / Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 3:23pm On May 12, 2012
Dede1:

You are not quotable talk less of misquoting you. Explain what you meant when you wrote, “it is very easy to bully them”, olodo.

I mean, Babangida made Abuja the FCT, Asokoro people are part of Nupe ethnicity thus if Babangida can see it happen and relocate the indigenes, then it is easier for people to work on the land without hassle since he knew the consequences.

Have I made myself clear Agbaya dede
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 12, 2012
Very true. Nobody can take it from them. Credits should be given to whom it's due. cool The Yoruba miscreants on NL like dayokanu are not the face of the Yoruba people. grin Yorubas are very accommodating.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 3:29pm On May 12, 2012
stillwater: Very true. Nobody can take it from them. Credits should be given to whom it's due. cool The Yoruba miscreants on NL like dayokanu are not the face of the Yoruba people. grin Yorubas are very accommodating.

Where have you been beauty kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Dede1(m): 3:31pm On May 12, 2012
alj harem:

I mean, Babangida made Abuja the FCT, Asokoro people are part of Nupe ethnicity thus if Babangida can see it happen and relocate the indigenes, then it is easier for people to work on the land without hassle since he knew the consequences.

Have I made myself clear Agbaya dede

If I should follow your misguided logic, it is correct to argue Yoruba peeps were easy to bully since the British made Lagos capital of Nigeria and handed the leadership to northern political elites who deliberately held the position of ministry of capital territory till the capital was moved from Lagos to Abuju, olodo.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 3:33pm On May 12, 2012
Dede1:

If I should follow your misguided logic, it is correct to ague Yoruba peeps were easy to bully since the British made Lagos capital of Nigeria and handed the leadership to northern political elites who deliberately held the position of ministry of capital territory till the capital was moved from Lagos to Abuju, olodo.

Nope, the british were not part of the Yoruba ethnic nation unlike Babangida thus they could careless about Yorubas. Olodo aturu smiley

Comprehend Agbaya dende grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 3:40pm On May 12, 2012
Abagworo, because you see Igbos in Ibadan and co does not mean they are many number-wise. In London, you see blacks everywhere but we are actually a minority (1.5% of the population);yet we are so easily noticeable, why? Its because most of the people walking about the streets (don't have a car) or working in sainsbury and co, hence, they are the first people you'll interact with or likely to see.

This is not to denigrate the Igbos but most of the "chemist", students and "spare part sellers" in those states are Igbos and since you are more likely to come in contact with them more often, it seems as if they are populous but that might not be the case. Its not just Igbos but ALL ethnic groups.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by amosy007: 3:40pm On May 12, 2012
lagcity: Honestly, Yoruba worldview and philosophy is simply amazing. Yorubas see life in a very simple way and just try to enjoy it as much as possible without creating divisions and making a fuss about everything. That's why we don't have caste system like Osu in Yorubaland! It is just too much headache for us. We are very comfortable with differences, be it in religion or whatever. Hausas and Igbos are the biggest troublemakers we have in Nigeria because they just can't live without drama in their lives. Hausa man will bring his religious drama while Igbo will bring his paranoia and stroke-my-ego drama. If you live in an apartment with Hausa man, you have to tiptoe around the house because if you accidentally step on his Quran, he will shout and call his brothers to come and slaughter you. If you live with an Igbo, you have to always stroke his ego and tell him he's the best thing since bread. You can't be blunt so that he won't have an emotional meltdown and whine about things he brought on himself. Too much sensitivity. Always REMEMBER to use the magic phrase "World class". For EX, Hey Mr Okoro, you have a world-class walking stick! grin and your village is also world class grin!If you live with a Yoruba man, you can just BE YOURSELF!

Oh Yeah. The so-called "minorities" are also awesome, by the way. I'm gonna marry an Ibibiogrin Wonderful ppl.
u said it all my friend... Am from edo and am alway proud and will everly be proud to be associated with yoruba people... They are simply wonderful... Oduduwa agbewa o

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 3:41pm On May 12, 2012
stillwater: Very true. Nobody can take it from them. Credits should be given to whom it's due. cool The Yoruba miscreants on NL like dayokanu are not the face of the Yoruba people. grin Yorubas are very accommodating.

Thank you Nkem m! . . . on a side note, babe you are pretty mehn! kiss
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by dayokanu(m): 3:42pm On May 12, 2012
Dede1:
If I should follow your misguided logic, it is correct to [size=18pt]ague[/size] Yoruba peeps were easy to bully since the British made Lagos capital of Nigeria and handed the leadership to northern political elites who deliberately held the position of ministry of capital territory till the capital was moved from Lagos to Abuju, olodo.

Dendemoron,

Do you want to injure us with all these bullets?

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 3:43pm On May 12, 2012
dayokanu:

Dendemoron,

grin grin grin grin grin grin dayo kanu take am easy o !!! Oga Dende grin grin grin
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Dede1(m): 3:43pm On May 12, 2012
alj harem:

Nope, the british were not part of the Yoruba ethnic nation unlike Babangida thus they could careless about Yorubas. Olodo aturu smiley

Comprehend Agbaya dende grin grin

Your illogicality is beyond moronic. If Asokoro peeps became accommodating because they were/can be easily bullied regardless their territory was chosen as the seat of Nigerian government, the same goes to Yoruba. However, if Asokoro peeps are accommodating due to sheer magnanimity, Yoruba peeps are too, olodo omo jigbiti.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by dayokanu(m): 3:43pm On May 12, 2012

Sweetheart wetin I do.

Come to my house, I would accommodate you for several decades, You go born plenty pikin for me
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by amosy007: 3:46pm On May 12, 2012
alj harem:

I would prefer to us Ibadan and Abeokuta.

Even if we use it, we would still arrive at the same conclusion, so what is your point ?

Ibadan is more multiethnic than Port harcourt, do you doubt me ?

should we go to Illorin ?
yeah quite right have being to ibadan... Though not as crowdy as lagos buh its full of different ethnic groups.. Especially places like queen cinema to round about, to cocoa house etc are full of igbos
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 3:46pm On May 12, 2012
Dede1:

Your illogicality is beyond moronic. If Asokoro peeps became accommodating because they were/can be easily bullied regardless their territory was chosen as the seat of Nigerian government, the same goes to Yoruba. However, if Asokoro peeps are accommodating due to sheer magnanimity, Yoruba pepps are too, olodo omo jigbiti.

aru o naya gi ? Oga Dede can you not comprehend grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin Yes ofcourse Asokoro people are accommodating as well moreover it was their son Babangida that wanted it. With the Yorubas it is a different case entirely same with Jos indigenes, it was forced on them.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by papatosibe: 3:46pm On May 12, 2012

nice t/i/t/s, is you a call girl?
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by dayokanu(m): 3:47pm On May 12, 2012
Dede1:

Your illogicality is beyond moronic. [size=18pt]If Asokoro peeps became accommodating because they were/can be easily bullied regardless their territory was chosen as the seat of Nigerian government[/size], the same goes to Yoruba. However, if Asokoro peeps are accommodating due to sheer magnanimity, Yoruba peeps are too, olodo omo jigbiti.

Dendemoron,

You are not making any sense. Go back to school or enroll for classes with alj harem

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 3:47pm On May 12, 2012
dayokanu:

Sweetheart wetin I do.

Come to my house, I would accommodate you for several decades, You go born plenty pikin for me

Ole grin grin grin grin
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 3:48pm On May 12, 2012
papatosibe:

nice ti.ts, is you a call girl?

Fstranger on the move, Are on kanka fo grin grin grin grin grin very raw
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 3:48pm On May 12, 2012
dayokanu:

Dendemoron,

You are not making any sense. Go back to school or enroll for classes with alj harem

Thank you jare wink
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Dede1(m): 3:49pm On May 12, 2012
dayokanu:

Dendemoron,

dayolodo,

Dingbats such as you who could not string two sentences together even if their miserable lives depended on it can never manage a decipherable and typographical error.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by amosy007: 3:49pm On May 12, 2012
Abagworo:

Guy you are so damn funny. Ibadan is a big village. Maybe you could tell that to someone that has not been there. Port Harcourt is as diverse as Lagos and Abuja but has more White men. I don't think there are up to 5000 caucasians in Ibadan.
chei.. Mumu ibadan is a big village? *suprised* which bush are u talking from?* the second biggest city in south west apart from lagos is a village.. What have u being smoking?
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Chinom(m): 3:58pm On May 12, 2012
For the upteenth time, i will remind Yorubas that what lagos is today has nothing to do with the Yorubas. Yorubas had no say and still have no say in who lives in Lagos. They did not offer any accommodation, the accommodation was taken. First by the British and later by various military regimes before they decided to move the seat of govt to Abuja. FYI Lagos forms the biggest obstacle to Nigeria splitting up today.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by dayokanu(m): 3:58pm On May 12, 2012
Dede1:

dayolodo,

Dingbats such as you who could not string two sentences together even if their miserable lives depended on it can never manage a decipherable and typographical error.

"Shot your mouth" is a typo? Maybe its a slip of brain. Dendemoron you would soon graduate to denderetard
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by ACM10: 3:59pm On May 12, 2012
hmm
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Brixtonyute(m): 4:01pm On May 12, 2012
I don't know why those who hate Yoruba so much, are the same people who can't live without them...

Yoruba are no accommodating; yet you live in your millions in their part of the country...

Yoruba are dirty, yet you have substituted your culture with theirs....

Yoruba are cowards, yet you blame them for the ill-fated civil war..

Ibadan is a big village, yet your people live there in their millions...

Lagos is a big slum, yet when they showed "Welcome to Lagos", most of the slum dwellers there were not even Yoruba. And you're always quick to let people know you make up a large chunk of people living in Lagos..

I rate Yoruba people a lot, you guys are the 'bestest'. cool

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 4:01pm On May 12, 2012
Now the tribalist are rolling in

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by bashr8: 4:03pm On May 12, 2012
Chinom: For the upteenth time, i will remind Yorubas that what lagos is today has nothing to do with the Yorubas. Yorubas had no say and still have no say in who lives in Lagos. They did not offer any accommodation, the accommodation was taken. First by the British and later by various military regimes before they decided to move the seat of govt to Abuja. FYI Lagos forms the biggest obstacle to Nigeria splitting up today.
dont mind these block headed yorubas. even with constant harrasment of people in lagos they still open their mouth , for them nigeria startes and ends in yorubaland. tomorrow not gwari people will come out and say they are the most accomodating because federal govt built abuja there. its only in yorubaland that people go around askng you what ethnic group you are , in other cities like ph, onitsha ,warri ,benin , abuja nobody cares where you are from.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Brixtonyute(m): 4:04pm On May 12, 2012
^^^Who are the tribalists?
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by bashr8: 4:06pm On May 12, 2012
Brixtonyute: I don't know why those who hate Yoruba so much, are the same people who can't live without them...

Yoruba are no accommodating; yet you live in your millions in their part of the country...

Yoruba are dirty, yet you have substituted your culture with theirs....

Yoruba are cowards, yet you blame them for the ill-fated civil war..

Ibadan is a big village, yet your people live there in their millions...

Lagos is a big slum, yet when they showed "Welcome to Lagos", most of the slum dwellers there were not even Yoruba. And you're always quick to let people know you make up a large chunk of people living in Lagos..

I rate Yoruba people a lot, you guys are the 'bestest'. cool
shut upthere the same way yorubas live in millions in the east and north , i dont know why yoruba iq is soo low , lagos is not considered yorubaland remove lagos and show us the silly proof of ur being accomodating more than eastern and southern cities or even middle belt cities. untill 1999 lagos was in the hands of military who are often non yorubas so i will like to know at which point of history yorubas welcomed non yorubas into lagos . olodos. topic like these is the more reason this country should disintegrate fast.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by amosy007: 4:07pm On May 12, 2012
Abagworo:

I've been everywhere in Southern Nigeria. I know Ibadan and Ogbomosho well. My grandfather is married to an Oyo woman while my sister is married to an Osun man. As for North, I've been to a couple of places. The population of Igbos is something of debate as other African countries seem to believe Igbo migrants constitute an alarming percentage of their population but Nigerian States always try to under-count the Igbo population.
if u av being to those places and u wrote the rubbiish u first wrote then something must be wrong somewhere... *are u sure u are not with some ristlers and weeds*
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 4:09pm On May 12, 2012
Chinom: For the upteenth time, i will remind Yorubas that what lagos is today has nothing to do with the Yorubas. Yorubas had no say and still have no say in who lives in Lagos. They did not offer any accommodation, the accommodation was taken. First by the British and later by various military regimes before they decided to move the seat of govt to Abuja. FYI Lagos forms the biggest obstacle to Nigeria splitting up today.

bashr8: dont mind these block headed yorubas. even with constant harrasment of people in lagos they still open their mouth , for them nigeria startes and ends in yorubaland. tomorrow not gwari people will come out and say they are the most accomodating because federal govt built abuja there. its only in yorubaland that people go around askng you what ethnic group you are , in other cities like ph, onitsha ,warri ,benin , abuja nobody cares where you are from.
I am not even Yoruba but it seems that there is a pattern. From Abuja to Port-harcourt, now Lagos

Why is it only people of IGBO origin that are so interested in fighting the indigenes of Lagos?! What is it with some of you guys?!

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Brixtonyute(m): 4:09pm On May 12, 2012
People forget every country in the world, which is made up different indigenous people is territorial... As it is in Nigeria; that's the same way it's around the world...

I can cite examples in all the developed countries around the world... Even China, India, and Russia are not left out of the party... That's the way the world is, humans are naturally territorial.. I know the indigenous people in Abuja will definitely start claiming Abuja in years to come...

Even in America, the native indians, and cherokee have more rights than the average American citizen.. Heck, they even have their own passport.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Soldier That Foiled Suicide Bomb Attempt On Bakassi IDP, Borno / Nigerians Accuse Peter Obi Of Lying About Naira Exchange Rate / Saraki's PA Made 50 Deposits Into His Account In One Day - EFCC Detective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.