Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,416 members, 7,826,605 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

My Book Of Bible Stories. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Book Of Bible Stories. (7533 Views)

Some Funny Memes That Tell Bible Stories / Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another / List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Book Of Bible Stories. by slimyem: 6:55pm On May 12, 2012
Anyone read or remembers this book?
As a kid,i had my earliest knowledge of the bible from it.
Did you?

2 Likes

Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by Heathen(m): 7:26pm On May 12, 2012
I can't recall enough, but i had alot of those bible story books. Used to love them.
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by rastamouse: 7:38pm On May 12, 2012
This brings back nostalgic memories. It was a great book! But wait a min, where have they gone to?
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by uboma(m): 7:44pm On May 12, 2012
slimyem: Anyone read or remembers this book?
As a kid,i had my earliest knowledge of the bible from it.
Did you?
same here. With its attractive pictoral illustrations and simple grammer, parents should get it for their kids. The hard cover has been changed to a paper cover but stil very informative as per bible wise.
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by slimyem: 7:55pm On May 12, 2012
rastamouse: This brings back nostalgic memories. It was a great book! But wait a min, where have they gone to?
i wonder bro!
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 12, 2012
undecided
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 12, 2012
@slimyem.. Kai. Down memory lanes. Then i had my book of bible stories, Aladin, snow white and the 7 dwarfs, beauty and the beast e.t.c. But My book of bible stories was very interesting. Later in future, i had a thought it was a jehovah's witness book cuz christ was nailed on a stalk.
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by slimyem: 8:04am On May 13, 2012
bennyraz: @slimyem.. Kai. Down memory lanes. Then i had my book of bible stories, Aladin, snow white and the 7 dwarfs, beauty and the beast e.t.c. But My book of bible stories was very interesting. Later in future, i had a thought it was a jehovah's witness book cuz christ was nailed on a stalk.
yeah!
Read all of those books too.
Dunno about this being a Jehova's witness book though..
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by Nobody: 9:03am On May 13, 2012
slimyem: yeah!
Read all of those books too.
Dunno about this being a Jehova's witness book though..
the concept, the theories points to argument of jehovah witness. One thing abt it is dat d pictures were fascinating. Did u read pinnochio too?
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by Nobody: 11:34am On May 13, 2012
bennyraz: @slimyem.. Kai. Down memory lanes. Then i had my book of bible stories, Aladin, snow white and the 7 dwarfs, beauty and the beast e.t.c. But My book of bible stories was very interesting. Later in future, i had a thought it was a jehovah's witness book cuz christ was nailed on a stalk.

I had these comics too and I wonder about the difference between alaadin's flying carpet and elijah's flying fiery chariot. One is supposed to be a fairytale and the other is supposed to be historically accurate? If Elijah was factual, then snow white really did have seven dwarfs and superman can leap tall buildings in a single bound.
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by DeepSight(m): 11:39am On May 13, 2012
^^^ Of course, you know na, ....ancient aliens grin grin grin
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by Nobody: 11:50am On May 13, 2012
Deep Sight:
^^^ Of course, you know na, ....ancient aliens grin grin grin

This is THE REAL ancient alien astronaut and he is based on my homeboy, Marvin. My boy Marvin is realer than jesus, zoroaster, mohammed and any other middle eastern superhero.

Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by DeepSight(m): 11:52am On May 13, 2012
LOL! But seriously, Martian what would you have to say for yourself if someday it was revealed that extra-terrestrial intelligence have been visiting the earth for eons? As in, would you think all your smirking to still have been in right consideration?
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 13, 2012
Deep Sight:
LOL! But seriously, Martian what would you have to say for yourself if someday it was revealed that extra-terrestrial intelligence have been visiting the earth for eons? As in, would you think all your smirking to still have been in right consideration?

Then we all would see the proof and I will admit my error. BUT if intelligent aliens have visited, they still would be nothing like the ones proposed by the quacks.
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by slimyem: 5:34pm On May 13, 2012
bennyraz: the concept, the theories points to argument of jehovah witness. One thing abt it is dat d pictures were fascinating. Did u read pinnochio too?
oh well....
And the pictures sure made it all easy and interesting...
...i didnt watch pinnochio,no!
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by Nobody: 12:09am On May 14, 2012
Idk if this was the same one I had when I was a kid. It looks oddly familiar though. With the one I had, I remember the pictures in it were very well-illustrated and colourful! It made reading and understanding the Bible easier (and more fun) for a kid. It just might be the same one, hmmm!

Off topic: Slimyem, for some reason I've always thought you were a Muslim. I'm not sure why.
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 14, 2012
slimyem: oh well....
pinnochio.. Dat small dude that his nose use to grow longer each time he told a lie. They did d comic book and the cartoon. Do u have a clue now? @martian you can't compare things of the bible to things of men. Genesis tells us how the world started and Revelation tells us how it will end. Superman,
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 14, 2012
slimyem: oh well....
pinnochio.. Dat small boy that his nose use to grow longer each time he told a lie. It has a comic book & they also did d cartoon. Do u have a clue now? @martian, you can't compare things of the bible to things of men. Genesis tells us how the world started and Revelation reveals to us how it will come to an end. Superman, snow white are fiction stories while Elijah or the character ''Elijah'' is a non-fiction story which is factual cuz we have the Holy Bible to prove that okay
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by Heathen(m): 3:09pm On May 14, 2012
bennyraz: pinnochio.. Dat small boy that his nose use to grow longer each time he told a lie. It has a comic book & they also did d cartoon. Do u have a clue now? @martian, you can't compare things of the bible to things of men. Genesis tells us how the world started and Revelation reveals to us how it will come to an end. Superman, snow white are fiction stories while Elijah or the character ''Elijah'' is a non-fiction story which is factual cuz we have the Holy Bible to prove that okay
pinnochio, snow white, raphunzel, superman, batman are all real. Why? Because we have books to prove that okay.
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by slimyem: 5:54pm On May 15, 2012
Yield: Idk if this was the same one I had when I was a kid. It looks oddly familiar though. With the one I had, I remember the pictures in it were very well-illustrated and colourful! It made reading and understanding the Bible easier (and more fun) for a kid. It just might be the same one, hmmm!

[b]Off topic: Slimyem, for some reason I've always thought you were a Muslim. I'm not sure why. [b]
@bolded...seriously??
cheesycheesycheesy
@topic...yes babe....given your descriptions of it,i think its the same book you read.
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by Pelumiv(m): 1:23am On May 16, 2012
slimyem: i wonder bro!
After the paperback the book went out of print and was replaced with Learn from the great teacher. Though made by Jehovah's Witnesses, it never portray their teaching but discusses the bible in a clear manner.
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by Nobody: 9:55am On May 16, 2012
Pelumiv:
After the paperback the book went out of print and was replaced with Learn from the great teacher. Though made by Jehovah's Witnesses, it never portray their teaching but discusses the bible in a clear manner.
i knew the book was authored by jehovah witness and it clearly potrayed their teachings(my book of bible stories) the one i can active remember was nailing christ on a stake instead of a cross. There are numerous. And of cause it would go out of print because parents discovered it was a way JW was using to brainwash their little unknowing children. Most parents burnt the book that time. CRK teachers were told not to use it again. It carried alot of controverses sha.. That was why it went out of print because later on, it was not in demand, if it was in high demand, they would surely do re-print (demand meets supply) Maybe learn from the great teacher will correct their mistakes.. But do JW change? Never! They are prepared to die with their beliefs.
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by hardbody: 11:26am On May 16, 2012
^^^^ So dumb an argument
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by Pelumiv(m): 4:50pm On May 16, 2012
bennyraz: i knew the book was authored by jehovah witness and it clearly potrayed their teachings(my book of bible stories) the one i can active remember was nailing christ on a stake instead of a cross. There are numerous. And of cause it would go out of print because parents discovered it was a way JW was using to brainwash their little unknowing children. Most parents burnt the book that time. CRK teachers were told not to use it again. It carried alot of controverses sha.. That was why it went out of print because later on, it was not in demand, if it was in high demand, they would surely do re-print (demand meets supply) Maybe learn from the great teacher will correct their mistakes.. But do JW change? Never! They are prepared to die with their beliefs.

It was not out of print because of controversy or the teachings has defect, no, it was discontinued cuz the learn from the great teacher is written in more simpler language and dive more into real life application of the teaching. Our teachings are based on the bible and not any pagan doctrine. It is very clear that jesus was nail on the stalk not crucify as some teaches.
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 16, 2012
Pelumiv:

It was not out of print because of controversy or the teachings has defect, no, it was discontinued cuz the learn from the great teacher is written in more simpler language and dive more into real life application of the teaching. Our teachings are based on the bible and not any pagan doctrine. It is very clear that jesus was nail on the stalk not crucify as some teaches.
you are a witness? Aren't u?
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by ijawkid(m): 5:18pm On May 16, 2012
I think many persons started having problem with d book when they noticed the constant use of the name of God (Yahweh) which I think is right....

Also that Jesus was hung on a stake...

But isn't that right too

Because d cross issue is 1 of those myths of modern christianity that crept in with constantine if I'm not mistaken...

They brought in d cross so that they can tie it on there necks,worship it and pray to and thru it....(IDOLATRYYYYY)....

I think mayb d witnesses have just been right all along....

I still wonder why other denominations of christendom don't use d image of mary in there worship??
I wonder!!!

Why adopt constantines cross and forfeit mary's image

Something many shuld ponder over,....
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 16, 2012
ijawkid: I think many persons started having problem with d book when they noticed the constant use of the name of God (Yahweh) which I think is right....

But isn't that right too

Because d cross issue is 1 of those myths of modern christianity that crept in with constantine if I'm not mistaken...

They brought in d cross so that they can tie it on there necks,worship it and pray to and thru it....(IDOLATRYYYYY)....

I still wonder why other denominations of christendom don't use d image of mary in there worship??
I wonder!!!

what about the teachings that only 144,000 people will make it to heaven.
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by ijawkid(m): 5:31pm On May 16, 2012
bennyraz: what about the teachings that only 144,000 people will make it to heaven.

Was that in d bible story too??lol
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 16, 2012
ijawkid:

Was that in d bible story too??lol

no it wasn't. U are a witness too.
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by ijawkid(m): 5:46pm On May 16, 2012
bennyraz: no it wasn't. U are a witness too.

I'v got relatives who are....

I like them.....

We all read that book na when we small...

The 144000 issue is all revelations...

But I like there stand on d fact that persons will inherit d earth....

Because that is right too...

Heaven or earth I ready stay any1....lol
Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by wesley80(m): 7:56am On May 17, 2012
Don't care who wrote it or the doctrinal issues or controversies, I LOVED THAT BOOK! One never got tired of flipping through those very colourful and well illustrated pages.

2 Likes

Re: My Book Of Bible Stories. by Beync(f): 10:27pm On May 26, 2012
ijawkid: I think many persons started having problem with d book when they noticed the constant use of the name of God (Yahweh) which I think is right....

But isn't that right too

I wonder!!!

U r right on Point

(1) (2) (Reply)

Basic Biblical Truth You Need To Know About Tithe Or Tithing / Goliath Skeleton Found In Jerusalem. / Soon There'll Be Breaking News All Over The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.