Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? (16562 Views)

Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / What Is The Nicest Thing You'r Mum Ever Done For You? / What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by Nobody: 7:34am On May 14, 2012
#mumtoldme Clean up after yourself !
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by igboboy1(m): 8:00am On May 14, 2012
Hapu umu nwanyi aka ga akwukwo, E mechia ha ga na bia (Leave women alone face book/school, after school dem go come..)

Which is so true, I look at some my peers that were the players in college either they ended up getting a girl prego which affected their education or they just lost sight of that education... Did my undergrad and Masters back to back, now i get all the time for women, infact na dem dey toast me now when they see ride bobo dey ride, see bobo go school..Nne'm makachukwu e ma ihe..#DALU

1 Like

Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by nikaleyot: 8:12am On May 14, 2012
;DMomtold M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ before U̶̲̥̅̊ get annoyed when å person offends you,try τ̲̅ø think of †ЂΞ number of times †Ђå† same person has made U̶̲̥̅̊ happy

2 Likes

Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:23am On May 14, 2012
#Mum; Smoke weed everyday!! grin
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by MrAnony1(m): 8:26am On May 14, 2012
#momtoldme: you are an eagle and not a chicken, you do not belong on the ground, you belong in the blue skies and the golden sun (I will never forget that. I was about 14 then and I was beginning to doubt myself academically. I think she read it from somewhere just to tell me but the effect has never left me)
#dadtoldme: if anybody beats you brother, go and beat him up. If he is bigger than you, four of you (including my two sisters) should go and beat him up! (my father's recommendation concerning primary school bullies)

...........Just had to bring both my parents into this. I love them both
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by Nobody: 8:27am On May 14, 2012
What else would an Ekiti mother advice her child? ; Face your studies. Education is important in my family, anything less is just. . . . a taboo and a humiliation.
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by denny4ril: 8:31am On May 14, 2012
# Mama told :
IGBA ARA LAA BURA - meaning Make Hay while Sun shines
OWURO LOJO - meaning Always make decisions on time
ASIKO KO DURO DE ENIKAN ....meaning Time waits for nobody

# Mama told me:
GBOGBO ASO KO LAA SA LOORUN......MEANING not every bit and pieces of ur life's secret is meant 4 public view / hearing
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by tosenbaba(m): 8:32am On May 14, 2012
DON'T BITE THE HANDS THAT FEEDS YOU.
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by cooljoe(m): 8:42am On May 14, 2012
My ma alwas talks to me using our native tongue. Nd she always says #give ur very best at all times, nd remeber always, dat ur d only 1 v gat#
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by polob: 8:44am On May 14, 2012
Nkan ti ko to, o ma pada wa seku. meaning...Whats seems insufficient today will eventually become surplus tomorrow !
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:58am On May 14, 2012
MamaSaid; Dont ever be afraid or ashamed to cry your heart out, its the very first step to healing and clear thought.

3 Likes

Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by freecocoa(f): 9:24am On May 14, 2012
nababagod: When i was young,i am used to doing some peti stealing.one day my mother called me and said i know you always steal from me. while it's ur mother's property. But if u steal from outsider i will be call mother of a thief,pls dont steal from outside.Knowing my mum was a very shy person i swore 2 my self never 2 steal from an outsider. and that was it.today many friends entrust their money in my care.
What a testimony,but do you still steal from insiders? cheesy
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:39am On May 14, 2012
freecocoa: What a testimony,but do you still steal from insiders? cheesy

Like seriously!!
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by jbiko: 9:58am On May 14, 2012
Unfortunately I did not apply the advise that goes thus '' Be careful with women''
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by denony(m): 10:00am On May 14, 2012
That i should be straight forward
and always believe in God
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by Okontami: 10:01am On May 14, 2012
Run away from women
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by Nobody: 10:22am On May 14, 2012
#Mum told me "Hard work doesn't kill"
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by symbian03(m): 10:31am On May 14, 2012
life_style: #Mumwarned me never to compare my self with another man....

isale oro legbin : please interpret if u can...

The provenance of affluences is unclean.
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by symbian03(m): 10:35am On May 14, 2012
Mama told me; NOBODY loves anybody and your best friend will backstab you someday!
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by Paulego(m): 11:00am On May 14, 2012
[coloring=#990000] I am Just not lucky, i never had a mum nor a dad to advice me, lost both of them when i was 13 years. [/color] So those of you who have the privilege to get an advice from your mum, stick to it, not just telling it to us.
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by dabrake(m): 12:09pm On May 14, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
What else would an Ekiti mother advice her child? ; Face your studies. Education is important in my family, anything less is just. . . . a taboo and a humiliation.
must you bring ekiti here? I thought ekiti is the fountain of hard drugs. will it be wise to say ekiti fathers advises their children to smoke their lives out?

1 Like

Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by mayorkazi(m): 12:11pm On May 14, 2012
#mom told me,akwara ejighi akwukwo. The veins aren't trained.
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by ajetii(m): 12:22pm On May 14, 2012
Paulego: [coloring=#990000] I am Just not lucky, i never had a mum nor a dad to advice me, lost both of them when i was 13 years. [/color] So those of you who have the privilege to get an advice from your mum, stick to it, not just telling it to us.

Don't bring in this sentiment now, Bros. Be strong, you are not alone, not all people who posted have one or both parent alive. Yet they still find their voices and put down something from the cherished memories of the dead parent. You are not unlucky losing them at Age 13, Bro. & I am sure you will remember some words of advice you've heard from them even at that tender age and if you do not. You can do well by making use of the advice here too. They are true words on the Marble.
I am captivated by the thread, is one of the best in recent time. Please follow the thread.
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by dammizz(m): 1:57pm On May 14, 2012
Don't be too forgetful to say "Thank you" or too proud to say "I'm sorry", saying these words will not make you any less important/relevant... The 1st advice was pwetty much easier for me though.
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by Indexjobs: 2:25pm On May 14, 2012
#Whatever u become in life, serve God!
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by mruwaifo(m): 3:33pm On May 14, 2012
Its not about having the best but making the best of what you have
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by blackboi(m): 3:35pm On May 14, 2012
#momtoldme spend lesser time on the internet
Beware of who follow you on twitter
N[/b]ever accept friend request on Nairaland, don't even take its handlers seriously.cool
Read your books; Facebook can only make you dumb.
Don't trust [b]ibos
in Money Matter[/b]z. coolcool
[b]Ignore
any crazy response from the Okoro(s)cheesy;D8)angry
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by Holumighty(m): 7:59pm On May 14, 2012
Ranti Omo eni ti iwo n she
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by twentycent(m): 8:12pm On May 14, 2012
He that knows how to pound will pound inside the Mortar but he that does not know how to pound will end up mistakenly pounding his Laps with it..meaning BE WISE
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by Faheedat: 8:30pm On May 14, 2012
Always be yourself and say the truth but nothing Truth pays
Remain bless and Keep faith in GOD because LIFE IS VANITY UPON VANITY

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by Nauttyprof(m): 12:59pm On May 15, 2012
Here is what my Mum told me - Everyman's success is out there, no man can achieve your own success.
* never compare yourself to anybody, you are unique.
* its going to be better, don't give up, give in and give out.
I'm glad I could contribute my Mum's words amongst these.
I love my Mum more than anything else on earth.
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by tasandra: 2:57pm On May 15, 2012
tellwisdom,u are such a lifeless soul embarassed4 that write up..i wont place a curse on u,because of CHRIST,and the good ppl of this forum...but u knw what send that write up to ur mother..since shes a boko haram,,,what a low life u av.my mum use to say,only a bastard like u,brings insult to his parents..get a life angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5th Birthday Of A Nairalander's Cute Son / Help Save Mama Kazeem / Couples Please Encourage Me With Your Financial Struggles Stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.