Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? (16548 Views)

Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / What Is The Nicest Thing You'r Mum Ever Done For You? / What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by StellaBella(f): 8:08pm On May 13, 2012
Stay away from blokous. They are danger-ful.
Now I knooooooow.
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by sewengeezy(m): 8:09pm On May 13, 2012
Live as if u would di3 TOMORROW
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by negbenebor(f): 8:21pm On May 13, 2012
face ur studies and dont trust any one
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by drlaykay(m): 8:31pm On May 13, 2012
REMMEI: All she do always is ta pray fa me..

SHE ALWAYS SAY "I KNOW YOU WILL LIVE UP TA UR NAME". . . REMILEKUN. . .

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MAMA..
I love dis!
Pls do live up to expectations.
Mine will always say(concerning popC properties):
#No matter what they collect from us,we wil surely get there.
#always be mindful of d friends u kip.
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by COSIBI: 8:33pm On May 13, 2012
Stubborn fly, na im de follow dead body enter grave.
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by dabrake(m): 8:42pm On May 13, 2012
failure presents you with the opportunity to begin afresh more intelligently.
always follow your instinct. they are rarely wrong.
know when to use your brain and when to use your heart.
all you need to succeed in anything you do is the right attitude. have the right attitude towards anything and you will have the world at your feet
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by cashmentor(m): 8:57pm On May 13, 2012
African Mothers are great! These are wonderful, insightful, original and Caring advice! WOW! Thumbs up for the Afrrican Mother!

1 Like

Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by 735i(m): 8:58pm On May 13, 2012
#my son; u can't make N 5, spend it all....and still be rich..... Spend wisely....(esp on nairaland gelz) undecided
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 13, 2012
'my son others are building houses, buying jeep and v-boot, but you came with okada and you bought only bread for me, wake up my son, stop sleeping in Lagos, others are not sleeping, wake up! wake up! wake up!'
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by Kzea: 9:15pm On May 13, 2012
Dnt eat hot yam wit haste
b4 impregnatn a gurl finish ur educatn and make sure she finish her's too or else
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by suzzisweet: 9:23pm On May 13, 2012
She would alwys tell me that when ur crooked to God, God will also be crooked to u. If ur open to him, so will he be wit u. Wteva n howeva ur r 2 him, so will he b 2 u.
Also, she will alwys remind me 2 b humble in life.
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by Kzea: 9:24pm On May 13, 2012
991: 'my son others are building houses, buying jeep and v-boot, but you came with okada and you bought only bread for me, wake up my son, stop sleeping in Lagos, others are not sleeping, wake up! wake up! wake up!'
U cant thief na
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by Fampatzy(m): 9:25pm On May 13, 2012
[color=#000099][/color] to read my bible and pray
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by Coldfeet(f): 9:45pm On May 13, 2012
My Mum gave me many good advice most have been written above already so no need repeating! But one that still baffles me is #DONT ALLOW ANYBODY TAKE AWAY WHATEVER FALLS AND TOUCHES YOUR FEET! Strange!! She still haven't told me why or what will happen if I allow the person. Only a few yrs back when we became TRUE CHRISTIANS ie BORN AGAIN did she say now it doesn't matter anymore!!!
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by EEkeson: 9:52pm On May 13, 2012
Don't ever leave jehovah's.organization becos it means lyf,wat a lovin parent I ve.

1 Like

Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 13, 2012
#mumtoldme "The coward is the man that lives when others are dead" and "You may gamble, but withdraw the moment you start felling lucky."
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by koseepaaro(m): 9:57pm On May 13, 2012
My mum told me that me and my brothers should ensure that we are not "omo iya awusa". Which I can translate that "me and my brothers should always show love to ourselves".
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by nababagod(m): 10:00pm On May 13, 2012
When i was young,i am used to doing some peti stealing.one day my mother called me and said i know you always steal from me. while it's ur mother's property. But if u steal from outsider i will be call mother of a thief,pls dont steal from outside.Knowing my mum was a very shy person i swore 2 my self never 2 steal from an outsider. and that was it.today many friends entrust their money in my care.
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by EEkeson: 10:02pm On May 13, 2012
Daddy wil say if u wan 2 get marry luk 4 gal dat is standard n gud lukin,wit stret leg.
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by EEkeson: 10:18pm On May 13, 2012
Nna y not get us who u wil leave wit 4 d rest of ur lyf now we ar stil living
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by Cockpitboy(m): 10:27pm On May 13, 2012
Ku nam nte ette fo aka namde (Do not repeat the mistake your father made)

1 Like

Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by pedestal82(m): 10:51pm On May 13, 2012
My Mum told me (god bless her soul)
In watever u doin, when u thinking of the good part, also bear in mind the down side
Don't do to others what u wouldn't want them, to do, to u
And there is the funny one,
She will say, when a child has somthing, he would say, build a house for me in the forest
That's where I want to live, but, when that thing is finished, the child will say am afraid
Of the forest, and want to come back home.
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by serenegroup(m): 11:01pm On May 13, 2012
mum once said u r the architect of ur fortune and misfortune in life
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 13, 2012
As u lay ur bed, so u shall lie,
Work no de kill person

Luv u mum
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by Tinyemeka(m): 11:28pm On May 13, 2012
She tells me a lot of things. One of the most frequent is "Emeka (she go draw the name), you like suffering yourself". Then another one I'd like repeating here is: Kwusi I na e kwu "nta nta". Instead of wasting time saying "I will... I will..." Just do it and stop wasting time.
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by Iranoladun(f): 11:50pm On May 13, 2012
I love my Mum!

She got so many quotable quotes but my favorite are:

E ni ti won nwo ki wo iran i.e. The person that everyone is looking up to as a standard or role model cannot afford to be an onlooker!

Ise obinrin ni oko re. A woman's job is her husband

Ko si oke miran leyin orun! Meaning don't give up failure is not an option

E ni ti ko to gelete ki mi fin! If you are not big dont pretend

Igba kan ko to lo bi orere, aye ki to lo bi opa ibon! Nothing last forever!

HAPPY MOTHER's DAY EVERYONE,
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by ifihearam: 12:00am On May 14, 2012
Dearest moim,God bless her soul would always tell me a story of a slave that told his master not to tell anyone he is a slave whenever they travel out of the palace. So one day they visited a fellow king in anoda village and they were wet by the rain,every other person went into the palace to change their clothes while the slave made a fire outside the palace to dry his clothes.
The two kings strolled out and found someone outside by the fire trying to dry his clothed,and the other kings said "why are you outside behaving like a slave".

Lesson character never hides no matter how much u tell pple to otherwise. There is no woman alive like my mom

RIP dearest

1 Like

Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by Ojdanavigator(m): 12:30am On May 14, 2012
It still lingers in my brain. She told me: Be humble, avoid bad company, stay out of trouble and don't steal; it shall be well with you my son!!!
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by blasterman(m): 12:31am On May 14, 2012
Mom said. Education is ur best inheritance. Always hit the iron when it's hot. Walk straight with ur head up. Always use a condom.
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by Tinyemeka(m): 12:34am On May 14, 2012
blasterman: Mom said. Always use a condom.
Did she really tell you that?
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by SabrinaNene(f): 4:44am On May 14, 2012
You have to love yourself before you love anyone else, cos you cant give what you don't have.
She also always said "no one can make you feel inferior without your consent." it's an Eleanor Roosevelt saying.
Re: Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? by YomiKaycee: 7:20am On May 14, 2012
"My son, don't get married yet, accept d pregnancy and let's watch her for some more time before taking any further decision"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help Save Mama Kazeem / 5th Birthday Of A Nairalander's Cute Son / In The Light Of D Economic Situation If U Marry Now How Many Children Wil U Have

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.