Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,588 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Can Efcc Probe Obasanjo? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Efcc Probe Obasanjo? (1088 Views)

N2.1bn Arms Money Scandal: What I Know About EFCC Probe Of Dokpesi — Lawyer / Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION / Jonathan Has No Intention To Probe Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Efcc Probe Obasanjo? by BabaNee2(m): 10:01am On Nov 15, 2007
I just read in the Punch Newspaper a statement credited to The Head, General Investigations Unit, The Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) Mr Umar Sanda,that the agency is ready to probe the Immediate past president of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo! This came on the heel of a petition filed by the Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders, led by Mr. Debo Adeniran.
But the question is Can the EFCC really probe Baba?

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200711152145532
Re: Can Efcc Probe Obasanjo? by almondjoy(f): 10:20am On Nov 15, 2007
Even if EFCC does, the matter will drag on till "justice" is denied and the man has long departed this world. Also more government buildings will be burned to conceal evidence.
Re: Can Efcc Probe Obasanjo? by BabaNee2(m): 10:54am On Nov 15, 2007
Great Almond Joy, but i still believe that the intention itself is noteworthy! I agree with you that the probe might encounter some hitches but i know that it wont be unending!!! Buildings and people could burn, but the truth will always prevail. The fact that someone with a name, not a nameless person particularly with EFCC saying this. Now it is on record, Now the truth is begging to burst loose!
For me, i am seeing a frankestein monster here-What you create now coming to haunt you!!! It is possible, u dont think so?
Re: Can Efcc Probe Obasanjo? by angel101(f): 1:43pm On Nov 15, 2007
They certainly ought to.
Re: Can Efcc Probe Obasanjo? by saintchux(m): 4:28pm On Nov 15, 2007
OBJ can be probed, but the question is by who? If by EFCC then defintely not Ribadu as chiarman.
Re: Can Efcc Probe Obasanjo? by angel101(f): 4:30pm On Nov 15, 2007
why not?
Re: Can Efcc Probe Obasanjo? by BigB11(m): 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2007
EFCC

E: Excessive F: Failure C: Conation C: Concept

I do not expect much from this despicable organization; please do not waste your time, they are absolutely visionless.
Re: Can Efcc Probe Obasanjo? by saintchux(m): 5:36pm On Nov 15, 2007
angel101:

why not?

Ridadu has already told us that OBJ is not corrupt so what else are we expecting from him.
Re: Can Efcc Probe Obasanjo? by dayokanu(m): 5:50pm On Nov 15, 2007
I pary OBJ does not die soon so that he can reap the fruit of his hand where is Mamajama and other OBj fans who believed ATIKU was the only corrupt one?
Re: Can Efcc Probe Obasanjo? by BigB11(m): 6:11pm On Nov 15, 2007
Have you noticed that the same ATIKU they wanted to nail badly few months ago (while he was still the VP and still protected), is now walking around the country freely.

The question is: Atiku is no longer the VP, how come he's still walking around freely after being painted as a criminal and vigorously harassed by EFCC just few months ago?

Was the EFCC working for Nigeria or OBJ?
Re: Can Efcc Probe Obasanjo? by presido1: 6:17pm On Nov 15, 2007
Big B1:

Was the EFCC working for Nigeria or OBJ?
For OBJ but i think EFCC will hunt for him sooner or later when the presure become too much or Ribadu will resign.
Re: Can Efcc Probe Obasanjo? by sanrima(f): 7:11pm On Nov 15, 2007
I TRULLY DOUBT IF THAT WILL HAPPEN.
AND EVEN IF IT DOES, HOW SURE ARE WILL THAT NIGERIANS WILL GET THE TRUTH?
Re: Can Efcc Probe Obasanjo? by ojimboIV: 7:12pm On Nov 15, 2007
i don't see anything stopping the efcc from probing obj, fyi we are in the rule of law era. besides they've committed to the CACL petition, so let's follow that up and see what comes out of it. if he's found wanting i don't see anything stopping him from doing some time in the bighouse, afterall he's been there before, done it and wouldn't mind paying his old pals a visit. maybe then all hell will let loose on the accomplices and associates - the ibbs and the atikus of this world will start running for there lives.
Re: Can Efcc Probe Obasanjo? by presido1: 7:20pm On Nov 15, 2007
ojimbo IV:

i don't see anything stopping the efcc from probing obj, fyi we are in the rule of law era. besides they've committed to the CACL petition, so let's follow that up and see what comes out of it. if he's found wanting i don't see anything stopping him from doing sometime in the bighouse, afterall he's been there before, done it and wouldn't mind payinig his old pals a visit. maybe then all hell will let loose on the accomplices and associates - the ibbs and the atikus of this world will start running for there lives.
Let hope and pray it happens.
Re: Can Efcc Probe Obasanjo? by McKren(m): 10:54am On Nov 16, 2007
saintchux:

Ridadu has already told us that OBJ is not corrupt so what else are we expecting from him.

Point of correction Ribadu never said that,

FYI: That evidence available does not suggest OBJ has questions to answer is not an explicit certification that OBJ is not corrupt.

Ribadu is too smart to make the comment you stated above.
Re: Can Efcc Probe Obasanjo? by almondjoy(f): 3:29pm On Nov 16, 2007
McKren:

Point of correction Ribadu never said that,

FYI: That evidence available does not suggest OBJ has questions to answer is not an explicit certification that OBJ is not corrupt.

Ribadu is too smart to make the comment you stated above.

Even with all Atiku's checks and testimonials to prove otherwise? I am glad you think Ribadu is smart--but some are smarter than him for rendering him a judicial cripple to the face of the world!
Re: Can Efcc Probe Obasanjo? by IOT1: 3:33pm On Nov 16, 2007
I really wonder why Ribadu has not gone after Atiku.
Re: Can Efcc Probe Obasanjo? by McKren(m): 3:40pm On Nov 16, 2007
For your information I can produce a cheque bearing Almonjoy and post online for any sum I like. Atiku had checks for everyone who was against him then. When Osuntokun spoke, he had one for him. When El-Rufai spoke he had one for him. I was literarilly waiting for a check implicating Gani Fawenhinmi in the PTDF saga. That was how shrewd Garba Shehu was.

However this whole issue was investigated by the independent Senate led by Ken Nnamani. The Victor Ndoma Egba report which the Senate upheld after heated delibrations did only caution OBJ for misaapplication of funds (using funds meant for one public project to fund another public project). The Senate gave OBJ a clean bill of health and reccomended appropriate sanctions for Atiku.

So Ribadu will not imprison OBJ to please some public sentiments, their must be evidence. Telling us that his farm has transformed over the years is not evidence, neither does telling us that he was Petroleum minister for 8years evidence.
Re: Can Efcc Probe Obasanjo? by BigB11(m): 6:32pm On Nov 16, 2007
So Ribadu will not imprison OBJ to please some public sentiments, their must be evidence. Telling us that his farm has transformed over the years is not evidence, neither does telling us that he was Petroleum minister for 8years evidence.

@Mckren

This statement of yours also shows which side you belong.
Your intention continues to be clearer and brighter each and everyday.

I guess, it is true that it cost nothing to always settle for nothing!
Re: Can Efcc Probe Obasanjo? by almondjoy(f): 7:43pm On Nov 16, 2007
McKren:

For your information I can produce a cheque bearing Almonjoy and post online for any sum I like. Atiku had checks for everyone who was against him then. When Osuntokun spoke, he had one for him. When El-Rufai spoke he had one for him. I was literarilly waiting for a check implicating Gani Fawenhinmi in the PTDF saga. That was how shrewd Garba Shehu was.

However this whole issue was investigated by the independent Senate led by Ken Nnamani. The Victor Ndoma Egba report which the Senate upheld after heated delibrations did only caution OBJ for misaapplication of funds (using funds meant for one public project to fund another public project). The Senate gave OBJ a clean bill of health and reccomended appropriate sanctions for Atiku.

Yeah right and Dariye's confessions on how he shared Plateau State government allocations with OBJ is not evidence.  The only way you get evidence is by looking at what has been presented.  Does EFCC look at what has been presented against OBJ?  Yet it has time to dig up some on Ibori, Kalu, Nnamani and co?

Like BigB1 said,

Big B1:

@Mckren

This statement of yours also shows which side you belong.
Your intention continues to be clearer and brighter each and everyday.

I guess, it is true that it cost nothing to always settle for nothing!

I agree I benefited from the looters on the state level. Does not stop me from saying what is real.  It is obvious you benefited from those on the federal level.  So let us continue to play the game with this caricature of an EFCC.
Re: Can Efcc Probe Obasanjo? by BigB11(m): 8:50pm On Nov 16, 2007

A totall despicable and unintelligent statement; the kind that will come out of MAMAJAMA's mouth.

I still find it extremely difficult to discover that the statement was posted by Mckren.
I guess, it is true to never count people out!
Re: Can Efcc Probe Obasanjo? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 16, 2007
almondjoy:

Yeah right and Dariye's confessions on how he shared Plateau State government allocations with OBJ is not evidence

what kind of a ludicrous statement is this, how much is Plateau state allocation to be shared with the President of the Federation who has access to so many billions in security vote and concessionary policy instruments. It should be obvious to you that Dariye is just a drowning man grasping at straws to save himself. Am not saying OBJ is a saint but lets not believe everything we read.

almondjoy:

I agree I benefited from the looters on the state level. Does not stop me from saying what is real.

Congratulations on your having enjoyed your share of the 'national cake' but if you've eaten the stolen money how can you possibly be objective??
Re: Can Efcc Probe Obasanjo? by McKren(m): 10:39pm On Nov 16, 2007
Big B1:

A totall despicable and unintelligent statement; the kind that will come out of MAMAJAMA's mouth.

I still find it extremely difficult to discover that the statement was posted by Mckren.
I guess, it is true to never count people out!

I can repost it if you like to prove its from Mckren, it is obviously despicable because it does not reflect your interest.

FYI: If we start probing past leaders hastily IBB will be in jail before OBJ.
Re: Can Efcc Probe Obasanjo? by BigB11(m): 10:42pm On Nov 16, 2007
I agree I benefited from the looters on the state level. Does not stop me from saying what is real. It is obvious you benefited from those on the federal level.  So let us continue to play the game with this caricature of an EFCC.

You continue to stick me with dry wood from time to time and just because of my respect for ladies in general, I continue to ignore your senseless statements.

Please and please do not speak for me.
Your despicable statement is absolutely inaccurate and unnecessary. May be you should be a target for Mckren and his crew.

Have some self respect and behave yourself!
Re: Can Efcc Probe Obasanjo? by BigB11(m): 10:44pm On Nov 16, 2007
FYI: If we start probing past leaders hastily IBB will be in jail before OBJ.

and so what?
Re: Can Efcc Probe Obasanjo? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 16, 2007
Big B1:

You continue to stick me with dry wood from time to time and just because of my respect for ladies in general, I continue to ignore your senseless statements.

Please and please do not speak for me.
Your despicable statement is absolutely inaccurate and unnecessary. May be you should be a target for Mckren and his crew.

Have some self respect and behave yourself!

double wahala! grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

One Year Of Yar'adua At The Helm: Anything To Write Home About? / Proposed Police Reforms. What Do You Think? / Senate, Names Nigerians Involved In N53.3bn Insider Credit Abuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.