Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

;; - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ;; (24244 Views)

Nigerian people-smuggler Jailed For 20 Years / Nigerian Illegal Immigrant Admits To Using Murdered Man’s ID In USA For 20 Years / Nigerian Woman Jailed For Using Stolen British Passport To Travel For 15 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ;; by slimchimex(m): 10:35pm On May 15, 2012
dey shld beta pay bimbo his gratuity and if possible his pension b4 deporting him for his good services good complete 20yrs...is d fruit of his labour joor...
Re: ;; by dayokanu(m): 11:13pm On May 15, 2012
That one mean say Govt don dey collect taxes from dead man for 20yrs

1 Like

Re: ;; by Emmyk(m): 11:25pm On May 15, 2012
Sizwe Bansi is Dead
Re: ;; by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 15, 2012
Wow...people like him are the reason the Nigerians are watched
with heavy scrutiny and given a hard time no matter how legitimate their reasons are to immigrate.
Re: ;; by Nobody: 11:46pm On May 15, 2012
dayokanu: That one mean say Govt don dey collect taxes from dead man for 20yrs

LMAO. Good point! Imagine the "crookest/thieving" nation of all nations on the planet trying to deport crooks! grin
Re: ;; by dayokanu(m): 12:05am On May 16, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

LMAO. Good point! Imagine the "crookest/thieving" nation of all nations on the planet trying to deport crooks! grin

How did you understand the pidgin i wrote
Re: ;; by jahsgirl1: 12:37am On May 16, 2012
it is so so annoying to hear a nigerian at this point talking about tribe or no tribe cos all i can say is dat wat bimbo did is not new to all nigerian abroad.worse still when it come to using papers to work in the US,i can tell u boldly that more than half of the spanish speaking guys do 10 times worse than nigerian and they will never expose themselves lailai;and i dont want to talk about d asian,even Ghanaina r are close as jews,neva in trouble cos the always look out for themselves...but the real question is who told on this guy,pretty sure its a fellow jealoused nigerian.and now these same nigerian r d ones critizing each other and pushing blames on tribes..God help us

2 Likes

Re: ;; by kobikwelu(m): 1:48am On May 16, 2012
truth is that every one in the US knows about identity fraud...the most guilty are the mexicans..half in florida are illegals, some part of the other half are using fake SSN....
every foreigner knows about the green card rule....marry an american and you'll be set .....i thought it was only africans that did this stuff till one young lady told me that a group of saudi's offered her 10K USD for marriage....i was shocked!!!!

abeg leave that thin joorrr..every country in the world envies the US and individuals dream about living over here.....
or should i give you examples of how kenyans are deported back to their home country from the kansas area

stories full everywhere...

and FYI ..the guys responsible for SSN hacking are the indians and AMERICANS THEMSELVES who have access to their databases....Nigerian middlemen just buy the stuff off them...

stop staying Backhome in nigeria and spewing naive words.....

and for the nigerian man that denied his identity ...pity......in the end, all that matters is if you can prove yourselves....
nigerians get plum jobs over here ooo
check the texas and newjersey areas.....
the koko is ....if you are good and you have stuff to offer..you would get your good job....
DO NOT Bleep UP AND YOU WOULD BE FINE....stay off shady characters and so called "brothers and sisters"..who will just take advantage of you and land you in trouble

and for the dude whose boss harasses him...
i but wonder what kind of professional boss would do such thing...
if you are legally in the United States..why dont you sue his ass for harrassment??
except maybe you aint telling us the full story....

if anyone confronts me with the nigerian bad records line, all i say is the fact that there are bad eggs in every country
and ensure i prove my self in a professional manner....CHIKENA
you'll be fine
Re: ;; by Nobody: 2:05am On May 16, 2012
[Dr been
Re: ;; by Nobody: 2:17am On May 16, 2012
coogar:

opinion is like a clit[i]o[/i]ris, every cun[i]t[/i] has one.....

you did the right thing bringing this story to light but then don't milk it
by blaming mr bimbo on your laziness at work that has made your manager quiz
you about your country of birth. it's either you have never come across the
words "harassment" and "racism" before or you are just plainly idiotic.

Your expression shows how clueless you are. Show me where I blame Bimbo. You claimed I am lazy at what I do, but you are so wrong and very stupid. I earn handsomely from what I do and I am well appreciated and depended on based on what I bring to the firm, but for certain elements it is a fair game to make cheap shots based on Nationality. As a matter of fact, I am a criminologist by profession. I work in a team of twelve with me being the Operation Officer. I am entrusted with peoples identity. I do background checks in a private firm for a living. You can only hope to earn like me. I am only trying to bring awareness to what goes on in western world when it comes to perception of Nigerians. Nigerians go through harassment at work based on what is shown on American tv. As a matter of fact, Fox News and CNN have been showing this Bimbo problem since early this morning.

Have you heard about Dateline NBC, Hard Talk and the likes? I guess not. I challenge you to go to youtube and see how Nigerians are potrayed as crooks and bunch of fraudsters. Even ebay has it all over their website to beware of Nigerians. I don't think you know how many Nigerian pastors, Nigerian bankers, Nigerian students, Nigerian terrorist, etc; that have been seen on national tv in the U.S within the last 10 years for nothing more than fraud and terrorism. About a month ago, there was news feed on American tvs advising American citizens to stay away from Nigeria because of terrorism.
Re: ;; by Nobody: 2:19am On May 16, 2012
GooseBaba: Payless you fall my hand... Your story and that of your friend shows that you guys are spineless thwarts. You are a Nigerian anytime.. anywhere. Face facts and defend your person. You have committed no Crime so why let some nonentity belittle you. The minute you lie about your identity is the begining of unnecessary stupidity. Do you go around accusing Random Americans for the crimes you watch on a daily bases on their six o'clock news. So mr Payless why on earth would you let anyone do that to you? If you cannot harness the power of your balls! Go get a Virginia.!!!!

I have never denied being a Nigerian. I have American passport and I still call myself Nigerian and proud of it. I know a lot of Nigerians who deny their nationality.
Re: ;; by tpia5: 2:23am On May 16, 2012
I only try to bring awareness to what goes on in western world when it comes to perception of Nigerians.

they never listen.

what you described at work is nothing new when you are within a certain age range and hold an american passport. Its even worse when you're nigerian and they're sniffing all around your nose looking for a nigerian accent. Woe betide you if you dont have one. undecided

People should keep deceiving themselves saying the person on the receiving end is the one with the problem.

anyway, i firmly believe in the yoruba proverb which says everybody lo ma ri ere ise owo e.

some things just will never change. undecided

as for perception of the western world/whoever about nigerians- it makes them feel good about themselves i suppose.
Re: ;; by Nobody: 2:28am On May 16, 2012
coogar:

payless does not reside in america. he's still in lagos
fighting the walter mitty syndrome that's affecting him.
if my employer questions my country of birth 400 times, my
colleagues would be the one to file a report against him, not me.....

He never questions my country of birth the way you look at it. He ask that question just for everyone to know that I am a Nigerian. The manager like starting conversation with me about something bad he heard about Nigeria or Nigerians. Anytime something bad happens with Nigerian name attached to it, they ask me questions like I know the person or persons involved. For example when the Abdulmutalab saga happened and when the Boko Haram bombed the United Nation buliding in Abuja. It was in the news for few days, non stop.
Re: ;; by Nobody: 2:55am On May 16, 2012
Re: ;; by Musiwa49: 2:56am On May 16, 2012
I have question for you people. Why are people scared of marriage? The word of God says, children are heritance from God. the word of God want you to have life more abundanly, and want you to be in health.

It is not to your own advantage to work under the table. there is retirement package attached to working legally.

the word of God says marriage is a honorable thing, the bed undefined. there is great advantage in been married. You see, it means you have 2 income. if you are earning 3 000, it mean you have 6000..

It is not good been single. Look even I can have 1,000,000 wives I will have 1,000,000 wives.

The word of God says that God rested on the seventh day after he created women. because he did overtime to create women. he did not rest after creating men.
Re: ;; by DaRapture: 2:58am On May 16, 2012
Mmuo Okija:

Which nigerians?

Call their tribe jor angry

Take your pick, they're all the same to me. Of course not every Nigerian individual is the same though.
Re: ;; by princeonx: 3:22am On May 16, 2012
patriot2: Sorry to say this but I don't really envy the US, and you would have to pay me for me to set foot in that god forsaken country.
Well if you have a price that's means you're still affordable and can still be paid into the US so zip it! No one is begging you to move here!
Re: ;; by Nobody: 3:28am On May 16, 2012
dayokanu:

How did you understand the pidgin i wrote

LOL you're not serious are you? grin
Re: ;; by Nobody: 3:28am On May 16, 2012
Re: ;; by princeonx: 3:29am On May 16, 2012
payless:

He never questions my country of birth the way you look at it. He ask that question just for everyone to know that I am a Nigerian. The manager like starting conversation with me about something bad he heard about Nigeria or Nigerians. Anytime something bad happens with Nigerian name attached to it, they ask me questions like I know the person or persons involved. For example when the Abdulmutalab saga happened and when the Boko Haram bombed the United Nation buliding in Abuja. It was in the news for few days, non stop.
Don't you listen to news yourself? Start a conversation too with any/every bad news about America that you hear on radio or watch on TV. Ask him/her reason for all the shooting in colleges and even high school, child abuse, rape, same sex marriage/sex which even animals don't practice, etc. Do it for a whole month respectfully and see who will get tired or which Country has worst news.

1 Like

Re: ;; by Nobody: 3:30am On May 16, 2012
Sagewood:

This guy Payless is not telling the full story of his perceived harrassment. How can ur boss ask where u were from for about 400 times and u have not taken action. I have not heard any Nigerian here in the USA being asked those questions for even 40 times from the same person, how much more 400 times. Either u are a very big and fat liar or a spineless employee afraid to lose his low level job. As a medical professional, I meet and treat many Americans almost everyday. Whenever they asked, I proudly tell them that I was born in Nigeria. I can't imagine my boss asking me where I was from Yrepeatedly. I will respond ln a way that will make him or her apologise. I am a Nigerian American, but proudly identify myself as a Nigerian when asked. Know your rights. If u need a job I have people in most parts of the USA to connect you, if u have at least a master's degree.

I work in a criminal justice field in a private setting. I don't need refferal for a job. I make enough money to pay my bills. I have other businesses that bring enough money. I do know my right as a citizen. Shortly, I will be talking to my manager why he keeps asking me the same question or why he introduces me to visitors as Nigerian brother, but I will wait for the right moment. If he refuses to change, then I will take it to the head office.
Re: ;; by princeonx: 3:33am On May 16, 2012
Musiwa,,:
I have question for you people. Why are people scared of marriage? The word of God says, children are heritance from God. the word of God want you to have life more abundanly, and want you to be in health.

It is not to your own advantage to work under the table. there is retirement package attached to working legally.

the word of God says marriage is a honorable thing, the bed undefined. there is great advantage in been married. You see, it means you have 2 income. if you are earning 3 000, it mean you have 6000..

It is not good been single. Look even I can have 1,000,000 wives I will have 1,000,000 wives.

The word of God says that God rested on the seventh day after he created women. because he did overtime to create women. he did not rest after creating men.
Mind me asking what you're high on?
Re: ;; by Nobody: 3:34am On May 16, 2012
prince_onx:
Don't you listen to news yourself? Start a conversation too with any/every bad news about America that you hear on radio or watch on TV. Ask him/her reason for all the shooting in colleges and even high school, child abuse, rape, same sex marriage/sex which even animals don't practice, etc. Do it for a whole month respectfully and see who will get tired or which Country has worst news.

I have done that many time. It is mindset some of my collegues have. I am talking about graduates from prestigious colleges. When people have mindsets, it is difficult to change thier views.
Re: ;; by princeonx: 3:41am On May 16, 2012
payless:

I have never denied being a Nigerian. I have American passport and I still call myself Nigerian and proud of it. I know a lot of Nigerians who deny their nationality.
I honestly don't blame them sometimes! do you?
Re: ;; by princeonx: 3:46am On May 16, 2012
payless:

I have done that many time. It is mindset some of my collegues have. I am talking about graduates from prestigious colleges. When people have mindsets, it is difficult to change thier views.
You sound like the quiet type! Lend me your boss for a week S/he won't remember which continent Nigeria is in. Anyway, if it doesn't bother you or affect your job then that's fine. Sometimes people only understand their own kind of gist!
Re: ;; by bashr8: 4:03am On May 16, 2012
yoruba people no dey tirwe to disgrace us
Re: ;; by Nobody: 4:12am On May 16, 2012
prince_onx:
I honestly don't blame them sometimes! do you?

Not at all. It is thier choice.
Re: ;; by azuchigadi: 5:36am On May 16, 2012
Folks, can we please stop judging this guy, we do not know his circumstance. I am of the igbo tribe, but I am disappointed at some of us who are jumping gun to blame the guy. What he did was wrong, but the question remains that we do not know why he was unable to fix his papers after twenty years. we are all Nigerians and of course we all no that the guy would have stopped at nothing to fix his papers. I am however very proud of the fact that after 20years they could not link him to any crime. he went through many finger prints and came out clean. The big question is, WHO TOLD ON HIM? I hope it was mot one of us.

1 Like

Re: ;; by djeezy(m): 5:38am On May 16, 2012
This story reminds me of the novel "Sizwe Bansi is dead". Can't stop laughing.
Re: ;; by stunna2(m): 7:55am On May 16, 2012
I noticed that the out of touch highly over educated Nigerian running his mouth endlessly here on Nairaland about his fortunes n how everyone else Nigerian n in the US but not on his Level is lazy and needs to go n die!

Eastern philosophers talks about the total interconnectedness of all things...meaning if your father ever was awarded a contract in Nigeria that he even so much as finished but did a none standard quality job on, thereby making one extra dollar in profit that was then used to send you to school in the US...the suffering of the Nigerian you are talking down at is as a direct result of ur success in life which resulted in his deprivation! So, I'm not asking you to go and kill yourself as you want those you are talking down at to do...but I would like you to temper your boisterous views and low opinion of less educated nigerians you constantly blame for their own misfortunes, with the knowledge I just imparted to yall n sleep less peacefully tonight
Hehe
Re: ;; by LogicMind: 8:11am On May 16, 2012
which tribe is this again?
ojukwu was right all along.
nigerians only give biafrans bad name.

1 Like

Re: ;; by LogicMind: 8:11am On May 16, 2012
^hide this post grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Framed Photograph Of S’west Governor Found In Ogun ‘kidnappers Den’ / Army Colonel Abducted In Kaduna / Five Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Allegedly Duping Hundreds Of Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.