Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households (9278 Views)

Where Are The Buses And Energy Saving Bulbs Mr. President Promised Nigerians? / President Goodluck Jonathan Launches Energy Saving Bulbs / Jonathan Launches Energy Saving Bulbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by grafikii: 12:23pm On May 15, 2012
Clap for you self, am sure u made sense in ur dumb mind. When ur OGA decides to distribute candles, u would also make sense of it.
Beaf: When someone starts a topic with "clueless id!ots," you sort of catch on the the person is the id!ot.
Power to light homes accounts for 80% of domestic energy usage (I guess the id!ot OP thinks its his plasma TV tho). It is elementary math that energy saving bulbs which use much less power would do what the makers say on the tin, phucking save energy. Its like 2 + 2, but that evidently too hard for some mannerless people.

When people rush out foolishly in public, without any facts or figures at hand, you know they are id!ots. cool

3 Likes

Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by tchaik(m): 12:24pm On May 15, 2012
Beaf: When someone starts a topic with "clueless id!ots," you sort of catch on the the person is the id!ot.
Power to light homes accounts for 80% of domestic energy usage (I guess the id!ot OP thinks its his plasma TV tho). It is elementary math that energy saving bulbs which use much less power would do what the makers say on the tin, phucking save energy. Its like 2 + 2, but that evidently too hard for some mannerless people.

When people rush out foolishly in public, without any facts or figures at hand, you know they are id!ots. cool
Are you the one paying?
Provide the power first; he that consumes, shall pay!
Talking about energy saving bulbs when you have not seen light for weeks is sheer stewpidity, to say the least.
..... $15 Billion was spent on power, and you are saying this? SMH

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by Tos87(m): 12:24pm On May 15, 2012

Go sitdooonnn.....even if na true,is dat what we need.SA av 40,000MW...dat is excess for them.Niger govt should improve our Power sector cos is our right. And not by robbing Mayuwa to pay Tunde.Now they want to use the subsidy money *OUR MONEY* to buy eletric bulbs. will dat make our 2000MW to go up to 2001MW....answer.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 15, 2012
Not a bad idea if customers actually get it.

A few years ago I remember British gas sent all her customers energy saving bulbs.

I likes!
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by ladiesman(m): 12:25pm On May 15, 2012
Na by nouth? Make dem do am first not by speaking it joorr!! Light no dey for d past 1 month nw, where u wan make I put †ђξ bulb?

3 Likes

Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 15, 2012
If they give you, you had better collect it cos it will be added to your subsequent power bills. How long they intend to charge us for these 'free' bulbs is what begs the question.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by FACE(m): 12:29pm On May 15, 2012
Quite commendable and I hope they place very high duties on non energy bulbs. I already use energy saving bulbs in my house, yet I receive free energy bulbs from british gas from time time despite the fact that less consumption from me means less revenue for them but they still feel the need to conserve energy. Since we are unable to produce enough electricity for all, it makes sense to maximise the use of the amount we are able to produce.

If you live in the UK, have you ever wondered why all tv stations go on commercial break at about the same time ? Well energy conservation and utilisation is part of the reason. I watched a program about energy distribution and was amazed. There is what they call the tea time surge and the technology that they employ to ensure adequate supply in something else.
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by gulfer: 12:32pm On May 15, 2012
Princek12: I bet you that the money that would be spent to finance this project would probably be more than double amount that is needed to fix the electricity crisis in Nigeria.

This leaders have now taken Nigerians as fools.
You hit the HEAD on the nail, sorry you HIT the NAIL on the HEAD.
GEJ to all Ministers: Prepare for 2015, bring up ideas to ensure we have money for reelection because i don't think the masses will take it easy with me if i bring subsidy up again!
This is Barth Nnaji's contribution to the reelection till for 2015 election prosecution. Wait for others.....E ti ri nkan kan
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by ndahbros1: 12:34pm On May 15, 2012
@ Beaf:

When someone starts a topic with "clueless id!ots," you sort of catch on the the person is the id!ot.

When people rush out foolishly in public, without any facts or figures at hand, you know they are id!ots.

^^^^^ no, Beaf,after reading tru ur post, it is clear that u r d fool on display.
When did u conduct ur 'study' to hv come up wit such puerile assertion that light-bulbs account for 80 % of electricity consumption in households in Nigeria? What is d basis of that hasty but nonetheless silly assertion? Sorry, we don't all live in d past where light was used just for lighting up d rooms. There are now so many household appliances that are staedily and daily in use in so many Nigerian households, even though not all. And d light bulbs sought to be distributed will also help small-scale businesses, abi? Will it significantly reduce d power consumption of factories too? Why do people like u like deceiving others? Is that d best use the subsidy money can be put to? Buying bulbs? U r a laugh!
In case u forgot, we runa a market economy. Those tins r usually brought thru d free market with all d forces having played out. Y not remove taxes and duties for d importers of d energy-saving bulbs so dat d price will crash making it cheaper to buy?
And y not 'beg' PHCN to install metres so that the cost of consuming such energy will be high n be punitively borne by d user? Instead they prefer to hv private bank accts where people pay estimated bills every month.
Where on earth hv u seen that precedent? Pls, before u come on here and start blaabbing like a paid court fool, a simple rethink would do wonders for u.

6 Likes

Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by Ideasroole: 12:34pm On May 15, 2012
Dis govt. ppl r funny o grin No b person wey get light go on energy saving bulb? Abi, how does 1 save what he doesnt hava?
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by gulfer: 12:35pm On May 15, 2012
FACE: Quite commendable and I hope they place very high duties on non energy bulbs. I already use energy saving bulbs in my house, yet I receive free energy bulbs from british gas from time time despite the fact that less consumption from me means less revenue for them but they still feel the need to conserve energy. Since we are unable to produce enough electricity for all, it makes sense to maximise the use of the amount we are able to produce.

If you live in the UK, have you ever wondered why all tv stations go on commercial break at about the same time ? Well energy conservation and utilisation is part of the reason. I watched a program about energy distribution and was amazed. There is what they call the tea time surge and the technology that they employ to ensure adequate supply in something else.
UK is a civilized society with accountable leaders while Nigeria is a Banana Republic even worse than wartime in the CONGO!

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by nomshu(m): 12:37pm On May 15, 2012
unah don see the bulk neh? unah too dey annoy person abeg, something weh u never set eye on sote sote abuse. is not good nah! make dem bring amh firts shea? anyway, from the little i no those small bulk 60,40 and 100watts comsumpt more. i believe is a good idea!!!
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by miteolu(m): 12:38pm On May 15, 2012
[quote author=grafikii]The Power Holding Company of Nigeria Plc (PHCN) plans to distribute energysaving bulbs

Why not generators. Another way to rake millions. Chief Thief
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by achi4u(m): 12:38pm On May 15, 2012
maybe they want to copy from GHANA.
give us light first not bulbs

1 Like

Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by Beaf: 12:42pm On May 15, 2012
Tos87:
Go sitdooonnn.....even if na true,is dat what we need.SA av 40,000MW...dat is excess for them.Niger govt should improve our Power sector cos is our right. And not by robbing Mayuwa to pay Tunde.Now they want to use the subsidy money *OUR MONEY* to buy eletric bulbs. will dat make our 2000MW to go up to 2001MW....answer.

Yes, we need power. But even more, we need the steps to get there.
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by Beaf: 12:45pm On May 15, 2012
ndahbros1: @ Beaf:

^^^^^ no, Beaf,after reading tru ur post, it is clear that u r d fool on display.
[b]When did u conduct ur 'study' to hv come up wit such puerile assertion that light-bulbs account for 80 % [/b]of electricity consumption in households in Nigeria? What is d basis of that hasty but nonetheless silly assertion? Sorry, we don't all live in d past where light was used just for lighting up d rooms. There are now so many household appliances that are staedily and daily in use in so many Nigerian households, even though not all. And d light bulbs sought to be distributed will also help small-scale businesses, abi? Will it significantly reduce d power consumption of factories too? Why do people like u like deceiving others? Is that d best use the subsidy money can be put to? Buying bulbs? U r a laugh!
In case u forgot, we runa a market economy. Those tins r usually brought thru d free market with all d forces having played out. Y not remove taxes and duties for d importers of d energy-saving bulbs so dat d price will crash making it cheaper to buy?
And y not 'beg' PHCN to install metres so that the cost of consuming such energy will be high n be punitively borne by d user? Instead they prefer to hv private bank accts where people pay estimated bills every month.
Where on earth hv u seen that precedent? Pls, before u come on here and start blaabbing like a paid court fool, a simple rethink would do wonders for u.

If you weren't stup!d, bro, you would have read the article you are making a complete fool of yourself over.
You will find that it tells you 80%.
Why open your mouth foolishly like a kid? Go an read the damn article and all other articles you can find on the matter.

Ignorant, loud and stup!d dunce.
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by drzed: 12:47pm On May 15, 2012
grafikii: The Power Holding Company of Nigeria Plc (PHCN) plans to distribute energysaving bulbs to all households and offices in an attempt to maximize the energy consumption of Nigerians. The project, expected to commence in three weeks time, is said to be financed through oil subsidy withdrawal fund. Minister for Power, Prof. Barth Nnaji, revealed this at the weekend after a three-day power summit in Enugu.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/news/39812.html

Clueless idiots

They have started failing even before they started. It is 'MINIMISE energy consumption' and not MAXIMISE energy consumption. Who on earth wants to maximise his energy consumption? Do these people actually know the difference? Either Prof. Barth and co are clueless or the journalist is half-baked. The alternative phrase is to 'Optimise energy consumption'.

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by ugoani(m): 12:48pm On May 15, 2012
Maybe this will cushion the effect of un employment and put some food on people's table, well all business men are waiting to buy it up because people must eat before using bulbs they can have power supply to use it.
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by calabaman(m): 12:50pm On May 15, 2012
Nepa, Phcn, infact the whole nigeria has turned into a commedy show, with GEj as its presenter. Smh!!!

1 Like

Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by Beaf: 12:51pm On May 15, 2012
I can't even remember when I last saw an ordinary bulb at home, it must be at least 10 years or so now.
I change light bulbs only a couple of times a year in different parts of the house, yet the bulbs hardly use any energy.

The problem is, not everyone knows about such bulbs, has access to them or can afford them; therefore, what the govt is doing is highly commendable. Give the people bulbs and save them money.
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by Beaf: 12:53pm On May 15, 2012
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by obi123: 12:54pm On May 15, 2012
yemmight: Another way of Chopping money. Infact, these people no dey tire of Chopping money. Chai! shocked Energy wey no dey how we go save am? Clueless people.

God bless you for saying exactly what i had in mind, saving non existent energy, the mind boggles really, it really does, i just cannot understand how they come up with such laughable ideas.
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by mecussey(m): 1:08pm On May 15, 2012
@ PHCN. This is not neccessary, simply ban the production and importation of thungston filament bulbs. Nigerians can take the challenges of producing an energy saving bulbs themselves
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by brabus(m): 1:25pm On May 15, 2012
grafikii: They should also distribute energy savings plasma TV and split A/C along with generators to power them

This country is a joke! See stupidity in highest places.

90% of the houses in my community uses energy-saving bulb to reduce loads on generating sets but the issue remains how to power refrigerator, heater, cooker, pressing iron, microwave oven, water pumps, etc.

My question is 'how do FG plan to do distribute the energy-saving bulbs?' House-to-house, Office-to-office, abi we go queue for Nepa office with our meter bill to collect it or carry our National ID card go secretariat to collect it.

I tire for the leadership of this country.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by fjc(m): 1:26pm On May 15, 2012
Lol this pple are making me laugh...
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by fjc(m): 1:29pm On May 15, 2012
Lol this peeps are making me laugh...
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by grafikii: 1:30pm On May 15, 2012
Ask energy saving beaf am sure he has more insights
brabus:

90% of the houses in my community uses energy-saving bulb to reduce loads on generating sets but the issue remains how to power refrigerator, heater, cooker, pressing iron, microwave oven, water pumps, etc.

My question is 'how do FG plan to do distribute the energy-saving bulbs?' House-to-house, Office-to-office, abi we go queue for Nepa office with our meter bill to collect it or carry our National ID card go secretariat to collect it.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by Myself2(m): 1:31pm On May 15, 2012
Oh noooooooooo,someone please tell me this is a joke

Are our political office holders this daft or this corrupt

Obviously Prof Nnaji must be thinking with his arse,prolly after striking a deal with some importers of energy saving bulbs for hefty kickbacks

GEJ,please prove your doubters wrong and stop Prof Nnaji now.Has his ministry bothered to enlighten the public and see if they wont gradually switch to ES bulbs themselves?

Energy saving bulbs are cool,energy efficient and all that,but I can bet me arse that it's sure gonna lead to another scandal

Bulbgate or Nnajigate is in the offing,I dont want a front row seat,someone please stop Nnaji NOW.You need an energy bulb,go buy one.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by Myself2(m): 1:38pm On May 15, 2012
brabus:

grafikii: Ask energy saving beaf am sure he has more insights

Nice points
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by manny4life(m): 1:38pm On May 15, 2012
Where there's no vision, my people perish. Policy that dead on arrival cry cry cry cry

Instead of generating more electricity, let people decide if they want to save on their energy or not, they are busy distributing light bulbs. How much will light bulbs consume compared to a major appliances in someone's home like you refrigerator or gas cooker?
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by brabus(m): 1:39pm On May 15, 2012
Babamide: Are the bulbs solar powered? Abi wetin we wan use them do?

We had it coming but we were too blind to see the disaster. GEJ is a disaster.
Wetin go power the bulbs? Matches abi sunlight?

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by owobokiri(m): 1:42pm On May 15, 2012
GEJ and the gang should take it easy. At this rate, what will they distribute next? 'Energy saving' wives to all sturborn bachelors in Nigeria courtsey of the subsidy fund'?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria / Kwankwaso Deserves What He Is Getting In Kano / Power Outage Stops Delta Governorship Election Tribunal From Delivering Judgment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.