Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households (9277 Views)

Where Are The Buses And Energy Saving Bulbs Mr. President Promised Nigerians? / President Goodluck Jonathan Launches Energy Saving Bulbs / Jonathan Launches Energy Saving Bulbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by juman(m): 4:46pm On May 15, 2012
yemmight: Another way of Chopping money. Infact, these people no dey tire of Chopping money. Chai! shocked Energy wey no dey how we go save am? Clueless people.

Probably the news is false. Have they run out of ideas?
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by msb247(m): 4:50pm On May 15, 2012
grafikii: The Power Holding Company of Nigeria Plc (PHCN) plans to distribute energysaving bulbs to all households and offices in an attempt to maximize the energy consumption of Nigerians. The project, expected to commence in three weeks time, is said to be financed through oil subsidy withdrawal fund. Minister for Power, Prof. Barth Nnaji, revealed this at the weekend after a three-day power summit in Enugu.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/news/39812.html

Clueless idiots

shocked IN AN ATTEMPT TO MAXIMIZE? undecided CLUELESS IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT! angry
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by Gbawe: 4:56pm On May 15, 2012
juman:

Probably the news is false. Have they run out of ideas?

Just being deceptive as usual. Power supply is currently appalling. They want to raise Tariffs and GEJ is currently sitting on a subsidy mess that is exposing why many of us pronounced boldly ,before the elections, that he will be "dead on arrival" once elected President.

They are simply trying to kill several birds with one stone of deception. I can't blame them. When rudimentary deception still fool Nigerians(boy with no shoes and bag-of-rice politics) you can't blame a decietful Government for trying.
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:00pm On May 15, 2012
grafikii: Pls make sure the TV is 3D. Nonsense people

I would have laughed but the country is in ENERGY SAVING MODE.
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by Gbawe: 5:05pm On May 15, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

I would have laughed but the country is in ENERGY SAVING MODE.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by Beaf: 5:09pm On May 15, 2012
^
O-Gbawe! O-Power!! O-Funny!!!

1 Like

Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by filia4real(m): 5:43pm On May 15, 2012
PHCN + FG = Omugodiran.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by Abayomin70(m): 5:45pm On May 15, 2012
Beaf: I can't even remember when I last saw an ordinary bulb at home, it must be at least 10 years or so now.
I change light bulbs only a couple of times a year in different parts of the house, yet the bulbs hardly use any energy.

The problem is, not everyone knows about such bulbs, has access to them or can afford them; therefore, what the govt is doing is highly commendable. Give the people bulbs and save them money.
guy u are sick

3 Likes

Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by LanskyJ(m): 5:48pm On May 15, 2012
these bulbs supply is a good idea, but it could also be power consuming bulbs ohhhhhhhhh................ wink
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 15, 2012
I once read an article on BBC on how european union wants to gradually phase out filament yellow bulbs to energy saving ones. The idea was to increase import duty on the filament bulb to make them very expensive and make the energy saving bulbs easily available and cheap. No where did I read ow their govts will be distributing the energy saving bulbs for free. Nigeria sha... Some pple in PHCN want to supply 'free' bulbs to us so that they cn chop money abi...kk ooo.... Isssorai
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by akinnux(m): 6:29pm On May 15, 2012
Fellow Nigerians, shine your eyes. There is no free meal anywhere in the world. The bulbs they give you 'free', they will double the price through the bill.

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by kiyosaki1(m): 7:37pm On May 15, 2012
owobokiri: GEJ and the gang should take it easy. At this rate, what will they distribute next? 'Energy saving' wives to all sturborn bachelors in Nigeria courtsey of the subsidy fund'?!
energy saving wife. I can laugh
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 15, 2012
Beaf: ^
O-Gbawe! O-Power!! O-Funny!!!

o'gej! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by davades(m): 8:54pm On May 15, 2012
Make this pipo kuku they ask us wetin we want rather than deciding themselves. cheesy

1 Like

Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by niyitogun(m): 9:13pm On May 15, 2012
Guesing this is d initial phase...they would soon supply solar bulbs

1 Like

Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by Limaoscar: 10:13pm On May 15, 2012
We say they should generate and distribute un-interrupted power....dem dey look for where to chop contract....mscheeewwwwwwww
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by etchel(m): 10:44pm On May 15, 2012
They wont share the bulb o. You will hear they run out of supply. Next it will be register with a token else you will be cut off frm power supply. Mhen dis country has silly leaders. Their aim is lets loot d money & watch it pile up.
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by adefash(m): 5:08am On May 16, 2012
They are not serious.the energy-saver chinese has already flooded nigerian market with.wait,are these ppl residing in this country @all? so if the bulb given to breaks,it means my own share of the parliative is gone.
let us all occupy phcn by rejecting the offer.we dont want.
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by Bello555: 6:36am On May 16, 2012
they must always look for a way to embezzle money. If you ask me, where is the light that the energy saving bulb will save.
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by OYOYO1(m): 7:03am On May 16, 2012
Make dem no 4get 2 add energy saving ba3 4 our fons o0.... C dier woh woh mouth
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by ayobase(m): 7:28am On May 16, 2012
Gbawe:

They don't need to buy and distribute energy saver bulbs this urgently. Disguy got it spot on when he talked about banning the use of normal bulbs. In most nations of the world, normal bulb are no longer made or imported. This idea has been operational in Ghana for several years now and you will hardly find anyone using normal bulbs anymore anywhere in Ghana. Shops no longer stock bulbs that are not energy savers.

This is merely meant to divert attention away from the FG's inaction over the revelations involving the subsidy scam. The thinking will be to distract "simpletons" (Nigerians) by doing something 'impacting' on a critical sector (power) the removal of subsidy has "funded". Nothing else makes sense since most Government worldwide have not taken this silly approach as there is absolutely no need or pressure to spend money on what people themselves must spend on as ongoing household expense.

People will[b] always[/b] buy new bulbs to replace dead ones. Why not simply create a situation where , gradually, the only bulb available to buy is an energy saving one? Why tell us you must use subsidy removal savings this unneccessarily and all to begin very quickly and conveniently in the middle of a time many are preparing to confront the FG over its inaction against subsidy scammers? Folks, see through the "scam". I expect more of these frivolous actions from a Government desperate to divert attention away from its inaction.

No one should fall for the antics of this corruption-friendly Government. Bring subsidy scammers to book. All this window dressing is fooling no one.

Apart from calling Nigerians
''simpletons''...................

U r on point!
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by PointB: 7:35am On May 16, 2012
At the peak of the (electric) power crisis in Ghana a few years back, it was reported that the Government freely exchanged all functional filament bulbs with the energy saving bulbs house by house. This strategy help reduced consumption per household by more than 40% hence freeing up power for distribution to other consumers.

The filament bulb converts a huge percentage of electric energy to heat, this leakage is what makes the filament bulbs inefficient as light source for households.

Replacing the filament bulbs with the energy saving bulbs will go a long way in ensuring that the generated power reaches more and more people. It is subsidy money spent on a good cause. Raising tariff on the filament bulbs as suggested by a poster should be used to consolidate this right move.

Kudo to Barth (and of course GEJ) for this move.
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by Gbawe: 7:37am On May 16, 2012
ayobase:

Apart from calling Nigerians
''simpletons''...................

U r on point!

I did not call Nigerians simpletons. Simpletons, as originally used, is in quote. meaning I am quoting the deceptive FG and their spin-Doctors. Why would they come up with this nonsense if they don't assume they are dealing with "simpletons"?

My brother, consider a wicked and deceptive Government that made Nigerians go through the pain of increased fuel price because so-called savings will be used for road, health, education, welfare, etc, etc.

In short they bullied Nigerians mentally to accept fuel subsidy removal because of how they presented it , more or less, as the only thing that would save the nation and assist her development. Now they are using those savings to buy light bulbs , a neccessary household expense accept by all, when we have not seen any impact on roads, health, education or real sector spending. It is GEJ's deceptive style at work. I.e Promise heaven and earth to get what he wants yet when he gets his way his actual effort is totally opposite to promises made.

I don't even want to go into talks of the promises they made for where our power generation should be today for anyone to come and be arguing that this silly and fraudulent spending is neccessary.
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by ayobase(m): 8:28am On May 16, 2012
Gbawe:

I did not call Nigerians simpletons. Simpletons, as originally used, is in quote. meaning I am quoting the deceptive FG and their spin-Doctors. Why would they come up with this nonsense if they don't assume they are dealing with "simpletons"?

My brother, consider a wicked and deceptive Government that made Nigerians go through the pain of increased fuel price because so-called savings will be used for road, health, education, welfare, etc, etc.

In short they bullied Nigerians mentally to accept fuel subsidy removal because of how they presented it , more or less, as the only thing that would save the nation and assist her development. Now they are using those savings to buy light bulbs , a neccessary household expense accept by all, when we have not seen any impact on roads, health, education or real sector spending. It is GEJ's deceptive style at work. I.e Promise heaven and earth to get what he wants yet when he gets his way his actual effort is totally opposite to promises made.

I don't even want to go into talks of the promises they made for where our power generation should be today for anyone to come and be arguing that this silly and fraudulent spending is neccessary.

Clear&Noted!
Sorry for d misunderstannding!
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by JUO(m): 9:15am On May 16, 2012
i already have energysaving, prof how do i benefit?
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by BUSINESSIDEALS: 9:32am On May 16, 2012
I think that would be a very good idea.
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by sonyjacobs(m): 11:54am On May 16, 2012
Energy saving bulb = rechargeable lantern
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by fromacho: 11:57am On May 16, 2012
Nonsense.com. Mtchewwww
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by Kassidy90(m): 2:01pm On May 16, 2012
Misplaced priority............
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by cecegorz(m): 2:41pm On May 16, 2012
Beaf: I can't even remember when I last saw an ordinary bulb at home, it must be at least 10 years or so now.
I change light bulbs only a couple of times a year in different parts of the house, yet the bulbs hardly use any energy.

The problem is, not everyone knows about such bulbs, has access to them or can afford them; therefore, what the govt is doing is highly commendable. Give the people bulbs and save them money.
You guys are just beyond redemption!
The only way to ecourage use of energy saving bulbs is to first of all make electricity available, and then widely distribute the pre-paid metre which PHCN has been hiding so that people can pay as you go.
Are you sharing bulbs for people to power with their generators?
You guys just can't think straight!
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by adorebee(f): 8:59pm On May 16, 2012
Sumhow,I don't understand dis.Cos the̶̲̥̅̊ fact d@ there is light in my bulb does nt mean the̶̲̥̅̊ rest of my home appliances would be working.As far as A̶̲̥̅♏ concerned,bulbs are nt condiut connectedn,its detachable and works on its own.That's y even when its dead,it doesn't affect other things .or does this one use bluetooth.I guess the̶̲̥̅̊ bulb is actually meant for seeing ur way to the̶̲̥̅̊ toilet @ nite
Re: PHCN Plans To Distribute Energy-saving Bulbs To All Households by glb2012: 12:28am On May 17, 2012
Am sure its a joke

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message / 11-man Panel To Probe Police Colleges’ Rot / Biafra - Proposed Plan Nnamdi Kanu Has For All Ethnic Nations In Biafraland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.