Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

No More Christmas For Me! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No More Christmas For Me! (5367 Views)

Is Christmas For True Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No More Christmas For Me! by atwix(m): 11:40am On Nov 18, 2007
what can be done to highlighten that the need of celebrating a risen Jesus is better than a baby.
we celebrate only once, a baby, then onward a man.
the purpose of Jesus is not to be celebrate by some high ranking people who fixed the date, but to be celebrate daily by living out the live of Jesus as we read in the bible.

christianity is a way of life not just a religion as some think.

but who will preach the messenger?.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by mamaput(f): 11:43am On Nov 18, 2007
In germany we celebrate on the 24 not the 25. germans do not tell the kids that Santa brings the gifts. but that the Christ child brings the gifts,
Santa  is  on the 6 of December. we give kids chocolates nuts and oranges. (saint Nickolaus) after a man that is buried in Tuckie . this man did a lot of good deeds for the poor at Christmas.
Santa in red  has its origin from coca cola.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by mamaput(f): 11:46am On Nov 18, 2007
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by pilgrim1(f): 11:47am On Nov 18, 2007
@mamaput,

mamaput:

In germany we celebrate on the 24 not the 25. germans do not tell the kids that Santa brings the gifts. but that the Christ child brings the gifts,
Santa  is  on the 6 of December. we give kids chocolates nuts and oranges. (saint Nickolaus) after a man that is buried in Tuckie . this man did a lot of good deeds for the poor at Christmas.

I'm sure a lot of people will gain from the info you shared there. wink

But this one seems to take the icing on the cake:

mamaput:

Santa in red  has its origin from coca cola.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by wham(m): 11:51am On Nov 18, 2007
Why disturb the girl?

She say she no wan do Christmas!

Let her be! She's got a point. She's not saying u guys should not have a nice time.

You know how things are hard in the country and people make up different reasons not to spend money
*Just Kidding*

She's actually got a point but is again taking it too far
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by mamaput(f): 12:16pm On Nov 18, 2007
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by mamaput(f): 12:17pm On Nov 18, 2007
in that case we put the blame on coca cola.
can we now call cola the anti christ
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by mellow(m): 12:19pm On Nov 18, 2007
Santa Claus
(also informal Santa)

• noun Father Christmas.

— ORIGIN originally a US usage: alteration of Dutch Sante Klaas ‘St Nicholas’.

If Gemini don't want to celebrate xmas how is that the problem of people? If the person weh carry

hynea say the pains no disdurb am community go say him no let them sleep? she is a mature adult

with sound reasoning and she is liable to make any form of decision that sooths her and hers. I don't

begrudge  her anything as her decision cannot stop me from enjoying xmas celebration infact  I have

already started shopping for Xmas as my company pays salary very early this month to enable people

do their shopping on time.  Please, let the lady be, its her choise, its her life.

Coca cola was sponsoring the santa and since their cola is red the santa was dressed in Red to reflect their colour

and advertise their products.
[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by redsun(m): 12:36pm On Nov 18, 2007
Rules,Religion and Traditions are man made in a bid for a co-herent society,beliefs and reverences and awe for the unknown.
Once known,not a mystery any more,discover and practice and be free from boundage of traditions and dogmas.
Christianity is a tool use by whiteman apart from his guns to steal the heart and souls of native africans telling them their ways are barbaric and unproductive,while theirs is the way,why not,if people can not see the need to clean the streets of filths and eye-sours,maintain basic infrastructures,cloth and feed the children,be accountable,be creative and innovative,i think they actully need divine intervention,you know,something to make for the stack stupidity.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by chuckdee4(m): 1:32pm On Nov 18, 2007
texazzpete:

The poster and the people supporting her are the people desperately trying to kill off any joy in Christianity. I mean, everyone knows that Dec 25th most likely maky not be the exact birthday of Jesus, but it's a date set aside to mark his birth.
The people talking about baby jesus, i wonder what planet they are from. whether baby or grown up man, he is Jesus. the bible says a new king was born that day, not someone who would grow up to be king. So it really doesn't matter if people fuss over the baby jesus. Afterall, the Bible goes to such pains to let us know that jesus came down to be HUMAN just like the rest of us. And what else highlights his human status then than a cute, wriggly baby?

People must gripe over every little thing. it's not enough that Jesus said 'love your Neighbour as yourself and God above everything' as prerequisite to enter heaven. Or that we've been told that keeping His commandments is the way to heaven. some people must invent more hoops and hurdles to jump through.

Santa Claus is an artificial construct. no one has made any attempts to tie this character to Jesus and the Bible. However Christmas is/should be characterised by a spirit of giving and peace to all mankind, and Santa Claus embodies that fact. If you don't like the idea of Santa, then don't go visit one or allow your kids visit one. Don't come up in a public forum with silly anagrams.
it's not enough to show that re-arranging Santa gives satan (naturally the simple minded people think the Devil would actually utilise such a simplistic guise). Show that Santa does satanic/devilish things and then we'll listen.

Till then, these people should be regarded as sour rabble rousers.

Couldn't have said it any better, Christmas is celebrated for the right reasons, all these loop holes that certain Christians try to create is all nonsense.
The idea behind christmas is a genuine one, maybe Christ wasn't born on the 25th, maybe Santa Claus doesn't exactly represent Christmas but all that talk about him being a phaedophile is wack, did people even know what a phaedophile meant 7 yrs ago. Give it a rest, Xmas is all about the birth of Christ and Santa symbolises the giving and sharing spirit of Christmas, very typical of people to try spoill a good Christian thing, i don't see u trying to say such crap about muslim festivals abi are u afraid u may lose ur limb
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 18, 2007
@redsun

It's high time we stopped blaming the white man for our failures to launch as black men in Africa. Our brothers who were sold into slavery might be excused if they continue to blame the white men, but not us in Africa. This same white man took Christianity to other places and it didn't stop them from developing.
Could the black man have been better off with the barbaric tradition and black magic? For your information, the major reason why black nations will never progress, is that the people who could have done well leading us cannot afford to sell their souls to the devil, thereby leaving those who dared to, have field days. Or better still, the black men are less intelligent than their counterparts, just like Watson said. The black man can only progress as an individual and not as a group or nation
And even if Christianity was just a cook up by some whites to steal the heart and soul of our fathers, i will still believe in it. Cos its all about peace, forgiveness and moderation. I'm yet to see any other "tool" that preaches peace and coordinates human being without using force like Christianity. The only problem is when people become extremists in the course of practicing it
@topic/ Gemini

It's a free world my dear. That's the beauty of this our recent times, honestly.
My only fear is that somebody is going to start blabbing about how the white man had gone wrong again by bringing to us freedom of speech. Or were the black men having this kind of freedom of speech before the white men came?
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Yisraylite(m): 3:10pm On Nov 18, 2007
Jer 10:1  HEAR the word which YHWH speaks to you, O house of Yisrayl.

Jer 10:2  Thus says YHWH:

"Do not learn the way of the Gentiles;
Do not be dismayed at the signs of heaven,
For the Gentiles are dismayed at them.

Jer 10:3 
For the customs of the peoples are futile;
For one cuts a tree from the forest,
The work of the hands of the workman, with the ax

Jer 10:4 
They decorate it with silver and gold;
They fasten it with nails and hammers
So that it will not topple.

Jer 10:5 
They are upright, like a palm tree,
And they cannot speak;
They must be carried,
Because they cannot go by themselves.
Do not be afraid of them,
For they cannot do evil,
Nor can they do any good."

Jer 10:6 
Inasmuch as there is none like You, O YHWH
(You are great, and Your Name is great in might),

Jer 10:7 
Who would not fear You, O King of the nations?
For this is Your rightful due.
For among all the wise men of the nations,
And in all their kingdoms,
There is none like You.

Jer 10:8 
But they are altogether dull-hearted and foolish;
A wooden god(el) is a worthless doctrine.

I hope you saw your christmas tree in v10:3-4. Christmas comes form the root a Mass for Christ which was invented by the catholic mother church so any christian who follows this dogma is a catholic.

Remove this ignorance  and demonic worship far away from you lest you perish remember!

Hsa 4:6   My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge,
I also will reject you from being priest for Me; Because you have forgotten the law of your Father
I also will forget your children

Stop worshipping dead white men with blonde hair and blue eyes, Your ancestors Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Yaaqob, Mosheh, David etc never worshipped these abominations. Keep the Law of YHWH for it is perfect and perfection can not be thrown away or cast aside or done away with

Psa 19:7   The law of YHWH is perfect, converting the soul; The testimony of YHWH is sure, making wise the simple;

Psa 19:8   The statutes of YHWH are right, rejoicing the heart; The commandment of YHWH is pure, enlightening the eyes;

Psa 19:9   The fear of YHWH is clean, enduring forever; The judgments of YHWH are true and righteous altogether.

Psa 19:10   More to be desired are they than gold, Yea, than much fine gold;
Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Psa 19:11   Moreover by them Your servant is warned, And in keeping them there is great reward

Salaam(peace)
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by redsun(m): 3:51pm On Nov 18, 2007
What black man need is common sense not religion,imagine strongly believing that the world was created in 7days about 12.000 years ago according to the bible story of creation.Where is the age of dinosaurs and ancient humans whose fossils and remains are being discovered by archeologist time without number?
Understanding the basics of creation and the foundation of life on earth will help uplift blackman's IQ and reduce his depency on illusions and fear of the unknown.Religion deadens reality when you don't understand it and that is the case of africa and black world in general,
it should not be some thing that controls you but rather something you control and detect for your own good and others around you, more of psychotherapy.
Understanding the basics of life will help us to tap into the abundant energy around us,that is when we will begin to see and understand why we should make the plane fly,keep the electricity on,keep the water running,keep the streets clean etc,all this requires energy from the world not jesus or mohammed.Without understanding that it is your responsibility to keep the flame burning,you will keep blaming the devil or whatever demon for your self-inflicted blackout and squalor.And keep believing and practicing what you don't understand,like christmas,celebrate if you can but don't take it to your bone.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 18, 2007
@redsun

With what you wrote, i will take it that you didn't read my last post or you were not referring to me.
Like i said earlier, celebrating Christmas or practicing Christianity has never and will never be the problem of the black man.
One of his problems will be being fundamental about it. After all Christianity is all about moderation.
In all the developed countries ranging from USA, UK, Saudi to UAE except for China, religion has been there and they were able to develop vigorously with it.
Practicing religion moderately does not tell you to embezzle 600 million naira, it doesn't tell you to take bribe, it doesn't tell you not to build roads on which your own car will run on, it does not tell you to steal 12 billion dollars oil windfall etc.

So for once let's stop blaming the white man or the people who practice religion moderately for our woes.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by oshoyombo(m): 4:38pm On Nov 18, 2007
@Gamine
i think you started all this cos u r broke and see christmas as an extra burden on ur lean finance, u will celebrate again once things get rosy for u, i'll pray for u, cheers
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by akeye(f): 4:59pm On Nov 18, 2007
GAMINE PLS WATS CHRISTMAS?
tell me so i can also run away 4rm it

lol
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by ifyalways(f): 5:02pm On Nov 18, 2007
oshoyombo:

@Gamine
i think you started all this because you're broke and see christmas as an extra burden on your lean finance, u will celebrate again once things get rosy for u, i'll pray for u, cheers
i think i wud join you.lol grin
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by akeye(f): 5:07pm On Nov 18, 2007
oshoyombo:

@Gamine
i think you started all this because you're broke and see christmas as an extra burden on your lean finance, u will celebrate again once things get rosy for u, i'll pray for u, cheers
me too lol
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by texazzpete(m): 5:36pm On Nov 18, 2007
@Yisraylite
people like you represent what is going wrong with Christianity. You take excerpts from the Bible ot of context to try and prove somthing that isn't right. that passage is talking about the Gentiles using a tree for worship.
As far as i know, there's no Christian denomination that prays to a Christmas Tree.
like i said, your type is never happy with following simple rules. You must create hoops and barriers.

I'm surprised you even can call yourself a Christian (follower of christ). in your lengthy post not once did you mention the name 'Jesus'. This is strange considering the topic at hand.
As for me and my house, we shall commemorate the birth of our lord and saviour, whose birth was foretold to bring peace and joy to the land.
as the angels said, "Joy to the World". Come december 25th there will be joy in my heart and in my house. you may keep flagellating yourself in between meals of bread and water if you wish.
grin
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by redsun(m): 5:53pm On Nov 18, 2007
America as a country has never been religious,in all their history, they have never been without brutality to others,starting as rampaging europeans that occupied america to systematic wipeout of native americans, to enslavement of africans till date,racism and outright discrimination,to invasion and occupation of other countries till date,what is christ like about it?America use christianity for identity and domination rather than spiritual.In the case of saudi,they are developed physically by buying technology from advanced world,in terms of mentality and morals,they are still as crude as normadic arabs because they still think like prophet mohammed,although the ruling class use the tactics to keep the masses in peppetual dackness.

Present day europe has moved on from religion to liberalism,christianity is rather ceremonial and political,especially in the face of islamic invasion.But in africa,it is all the people understands,it is still the basis of morals and ethics,the idea of practical science and common sense is still far fetch,thus you have corruption and unproductivity because they think creativity and resourcefulness is an act of white witch.As at the time white man brought christianity to africa,they've already invented telescope,studying the galaxies and understanding the workings of nature,yet they were still telling us that god resides in heaven and that he will provide for our every needs,even the birds of the air hunts for their food,god dosen't provide it for them,it is either they hunt or they die.
Check out cnn inside africa this week,to hear a white woman's analysis of growing churches in nigeria,in the face backwardness as a result of ignorance and laziness,the people just put their hope on  fairies,i wish they can see that the problems lies in their inability to reason not demons.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 18, 2007
@texazzpete

Glad to remind you that there's nothing going wrong with Christianity. What is going wrong is the extremists and misinterpretation.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 18, 2007
@redsun

But these countries developed alongside with religion, whether political or ceremonial.
You are slowly coming close to what i have been saying.
Only that you have failed to make clear on whether practicing a sane religion moderately tells you not to build roads or to steal public funds.

Religious extremism might have been one of the little factors that slowed us down as black men, but it is sure not the major problem of why we are still backward.
Believe me, we would have been worst if we were mostly atheist or still practicing those barbaric and juju traditions.

Black nations in Africa should stop blaming the white man and moderate religion for our failures.
Blame your leaders who are fast asleep in their agbadas or African parachutes with juju tied aroud their waists and when they are awake, they use the juju and thugs to keep you shut.

At least Christianity that i know does not encourage violence or fraudulent practices in any form. I can't speak for other religions.

Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Horus(m): 7:54pm On Nov 18, 2007
St. Nicholas was the patron saint of thieves and gangsters, who were tagged “The Knights of St. Nicholas.” He was the patron saint of pawnbrokers, and their emblem (photo) is traced to him.

Pirates emblazoned his likeness on their flags. Other wards of St. Nicholas are spinsters (unmarried women) and sailors. “Old Nick” is a term applied to the malevolent ones. Even the color red that Santa Claus wears is associated with evil. Red is a color that projects or encourages desire and evil. Red reflects the moods of persons dwelling on the lowest state of the physical plane. It is also the color depicting anger, sin, and bloodshed.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by pilgrim1(f): 8:30pm On Nov 18, 2007
www.nairaland.com/attachments/56684_africanleaderssleep_jpg8f558f09a4cd07598fd58365968d74c2

Even without religion, these guys are defining their "progress"! undecided
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by romeo(m): 9:52pm On Nov 18, 2007
Horus:

St. Nicholas was the patron saint of thieves and gangsters, who were tagged “The Knights of St. Nicholas.” He was the patron saint of pawnbrokers, and their emblem (photo) is traced to him.
Pirates emblazoned his likeness on their flags. Other wards of St. Nicholas are spinsters (unmarried women) and sailors. “Old Nick” is a term applied to the malevolent ones. Even the color red that Santa Claus wears is associated with evil. Red is a color that projects or encourages desire and evil. Red reflects the moods of persons dwelling on the lowest state of the physical plane. It is also the color depicting anger, sin, and bloodshed.

Ignorance is a disease!!! what has St. Nicholas has to do with all this if the thieves and pirates decides to abuse his good name?

the colour of your blood encourages evil and your blood is evil blood wink wink wink
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Yisraylite(m): 11:50pm On Nov 18, 2007
@ texazzpete
That was rather silly of you to go off making assumptions and jumping to foolish conclusions about what you think I am.  I could read within the texts of your post your overly emotional state caused by my post.

Next time ask before you assume and make an a#s of yourself.  Who ever told you that I'm a christian? or that I follow your roman catholic God(J-Zeus)?I am a hebrew Yisraylite who worships His Eternal Majesty Yahawah (YHWH) Almighty the Holy One Of Yisrayl, Ruler over all Dominions, Creator of the Heavens and the Earth, Father of Abraham Isaac and Yaa'qob . So before you go spewing off your ignorance please do some research.

Prior to Dec 25th being appointed a Mass for christ by Emperor Constantine at the council of Nicea in 323Ad, it was formerly celebrated as the birthday of Mithras (home work for you- find out who Mithras was)

Godworship and the adornment of trees go back to antiquity. A decorated  tree was synonymous with the pagan tradition of the winter solstice celebrations and was considered part of pagan god worship. When Christainity became the official state religion of Rome in 323AD the catholic mother church simply adopted this pagan day of worship and grafted it into christainity and labelled it the birthday of their new god (EaZeus Christos).

Did your Jesus observe Christmas? please show me the record of that.

please  continue worshipping your demons and devils, but remember!

Isa 24:5   The earth is also defiled under its inhabitants,Because they have transgressed the laws,Changed the ordinance,Broken the everlasting covenant.

Isa 24:6   Therefore the curse has devoured the earth,And those who dwell in it are desolate.
Therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, And few men are left.

Zep 2:11   YHWH will be awesome to them,For He will reduce to nothing all the gods of the earth;People shall worship Him, Each one from his place,Indeed all the shores of the nations.

Ecc 12:13   Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:Reverence YHWH and keep His commandments,For this is man's duty.

Ecc 12:14   For YHWH will bring every work into judgment, Including every secret thing,
Whether good or evil  grin
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by pilgrim1(f): 12:07am On Nov 19, 2007
@Yisraylite,

Yisraylite:

I am a hebrew Yisraylite who worships His Eternal Majesty Yahawah (YHWH) Almighty the Holy One Of Yisrayl, Ruler over all Dominions, Creator of the Heavens and the Earth, Father of Abraham Isaac and Yaa'qob . So before you go spewing off your ignorance please do some research.

You're simply a fraud, and no one needs to do any research to see that. cool

You have tried to misrepresent the Word of God in your pretended piety, and I was hoping that you would reconcile your duplicity in the other thread: (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-3810.0.html#msg1693909)

Let me remind you of some of the lines I pointed out there:

#1.
Yisraylite:

Hos 13:4 "Yet I am YAHAWAH your Father ever since the land of Egypt, And you will acknowledge no power or authority but Me; For there is no savior besides Me.

Hos. 13:4 -- "Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me."

- - - - - - - -

#2.
Yisraylite:

Psa 50:3 Our Father will come, and shall not keep silent; a fire shall devour before Him, and it shall be very tempestuous all around Him.

Psa. 50:3 -- "Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him."

- - - - - - - -

Yisraylite:

Do not make comments on issues you know nothing of. Being a Torah observant Yisraylite this is what the tanakh teaches

Rubbish! You already goofed and tried to change the Word of God for your misguided lunacy under the pretence of a 'sheep' in wolf's snarls.

Yisraylite:

1 Ch 28:4 "However YHWH The Father of Yisrayl chose me (David) above all the house of my father to be king over Yisrayl forever,

1 Ch. 28:4 -- "Howbeit the LORD God of Israel chose me before all the house of my father to be king over Israel for ever: for he hath chosen Judah to be the ruler; and of the house of Judah, the house of my father; and among the sons of my father he liked me to make me king over all Israel."

- - - - - - - -

Yisraylite:

Hos 3:5 Afterward the children of Yisrayl shall return and seek YHWH their FATHER and David their king. and will Reverence YHWH and His Righteousness in the latter days

Hos 3:5 -- "Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days".

If you already have such a cowardly penchant for fooling yourself in trying to misrepresent God's WORD, you really are a miserable fellow in desperate need of an urgent heart-repair!
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Tini(m): 12:18am On Nov 19, 2007
sorry to ask this but pls gamine wat church do you attend.
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Yisraylite(m): 3:57am On Nov 19, 2007
@ Pilgrim 1

Hey little girl! would you stop stalking me and following me around like a dog. My Posts must have really cut deep, well as it is said "the truth is bitter"

You can foolishly and fraudulently change my posts, but what do you do with all the other Hebrew Yisraylites out there who read the Hebrew Torah and Tanakh (The Original Testament -The Law, the Prophets, the writtings, and the psalms) Dont become a victim of your own ignorance Search for the Truth as if your life depended on it cos it does

p/s The Truth per the Original Testament:

Psa 119:142   Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and Your law is truth.

Psa 119:143   Trouble and anguish have overtaken me,Yet Your commandments are my delights.

Psa 119:144   The righteousness of Your testimonies is everlasting; Give me understanding, and I shall live.

Psa 119:151   You are near, O YHWH, and all Your commandments are truth.

Psa 119:172   My tongue shall speak of Your word, For all Your commandments are righteousness.

Psa 111:9   He has sent redemption to His people;He has commanded His covenant forever:
Holy and awesome is His Name.

Psa 111:10   The fear of YHWH is the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever.

Pilgrim1 Do you know His Name?

Silly girl, The word God is merely a title that could be ascribed to anything. For some money is their God, for others their God could be mother earth,the wind,  a carved object, gold, silver, the sun,

Eze 8:15   Then He said to me, "Have you seen this, O son of man? Turn again, you will see greater abominations than these."

Eze 8:16   So He brought me into the inner court of house of YHWH and there, at the door of the Tabernacle of YHWH , between the porch and the altar, were about twenty-five men with their backs toward the Tabernacle of YHWH  and their faces toward the east, and they were worshiping the sun toward the east.

Eze 8:17   And He said to me, "Have you seen this, O son of man? Is it a trivial thing to the house of Yahadah to commit the abominations which they commit here? For they have filled the land with violence; then they have returned to provoke Me to anger. Indeed they put the branch to their nose.

Eze 8:18   "Therefore I also will act in fury. My eye will not spare nor will I have pity; and though they cry in My ears with a loud voice, I will not hear them."

So Do you go to church on SUN-day? a.k.a Die Solis the venereble day of the sun which the early romans dedicated to the worship of their Sun -God

The word God is not a name. Moslems worship their God whom they call by Name "Allah" The Christains worship their God whom they call Jesus Christ or Ea Zeus Christos in Latin

Again quit stalking and go study and research. Be not ruled by the spirit of pride.

Yeremyah (Jeremiah)10:11 thus you shall say to them: "The gods (elohim) that have not made the heavens and the earth shall perish from the earth and from under these heavens."

This is Why
Deu 32:37   He will say: 'Where are their gods (elohim), The rock in which they sought refuge?

Deu 32:38   Who ate the fat of their sacrifices,And drank the wine of their drink offering?
Let them rise and help you, and be your refuge.

Deu 32:39   'Now see that I, even I, am He,and there is no God besides Me; I kill and I make alive;I wound and I heal; Nor is there any who can deliver from My hand.

Lets see if you Pilgrim 1 can refute these scriptures

@ Gamine Pls search out for yourself the truth about Christmas or the Mass for Christ which was instituted as church doctrine by the catholic church. At the end of the day most of  these ignorant people won't be there with you to face the Most High. It's your life and ultimately your call

HalleluYah (Priase YAH)
Yisraylite
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by Ivvie: 7:56am On Nov 19, 2007
@Gamine

When you have a wick fire in the desert, you shield that fire from the wind till it's bold enough. The wind that tries to kill it will be the wind to elaborate it as a wild-fire. The more the wind, the wild the fire gets. Learn from this!

Remember the 30 facts of life - not everyone has such awareness. If it's bright and colourful, you'll have herods and terminators. Life is governed by forces.

Regards
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by lafile(m): 8:30am On Nov 19, 2007
@Yisraylite
Bros how far? you dey alrite?
Your Jeremiah quote make me laff no be small!
I get Christmas tree o, but i no cut am from forest. I no decorate am with gold and silver (na plastic balls and figurines my wife put), i no nail am for wall (it stands on a tripod) and most especially i no dey worship the thing. You sure say na christmas tree the verse dey talk about abi you just dey misjive?
Re: No More Christmas For Me! by mamaput(f): 8:50am On Nov 19, 2007
i have said it b5 the red colour came from coal cola,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abuja Pastor, Apostle Joshua Talena Kissing Wife During A Church Program / My Journey To God Realization / Make Up Your Minds Christians, Is The Law Done Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.