Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,052 members, 7,859,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 06:49 PM

Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here - Politics (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here (226976 Views)

We Get Many Complaints Against Obasanjo Foundation –UK Commission / How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos / Let's Have Your Complaints Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (315) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by naptu2: 10:40am On Mar 22, 2013
I would like to suggest that the mods keep a close watch on this thread for bigotry, ethnic baiting and insults.

https://www.nairaland.com/1233262/prof-chinua-achebe-dead-newsexpressngr.com
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by MrUzo: 4:33pm On Mar 22, 2013
Mod Please put this Nigeria and Kenya twitter war on the front page so we beat them hands down on twitter..

https://www.nairaland.com/1233781/nigeria-vs-kenya-twitter-fight
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Tolexander: 8:41pm On Mar 22, 2013
Adejoro74:
This was not what you said when Osuji was doing his thing. Now you want to justify Yoruba well known brainlessness with an Igbo equivalent. You are pathetic.
https://www.nairaland.com/1233899/yoruba-people-brainless-kemi-olunloyo

forbidden word, Yoruba!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by solopumpy227: 9:23pm On Mar 22, 2013
Please insecere9gerian is editing people's post on the thread he opened ''Why Haters hate Jonathan''. This I think is very wrong to misrepresent others opinion. Could you please do something about this
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by solopumpy227: 9:25pm On Mar 22, 2013
Please insecere9gerian is editing people's post on the thread he opened ''Why Haters hate Jonathan''. This I think is very wrong to misrepresent others opinion. Could you please do something about this

https://www.nairaland.com/1233972/reasons-haters-hate-president-jonathan
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by yelsew80: 9:57pm On Mar 22, 2013
Firstly, this is Wesley80 and the Spambot has held me all day, I wld please love to be unshackled as I didnt do anything wrong.

Secondly, I tried logging in with my 'emergency ID' Wesley08 which was created for purposes as this and I saw a message that read:

Banned by OAM4J in Politics for Trolling. Ban expires on 7:28am On Feb 07, 2106

Not sure if that was meant to be funny but I'd love to have my emergency ID unbanned as well. This I request for respectfully. Thanks in advance.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by three: 12:09am On Mar 23, 2013
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Nobody: 5:59am On Mar 23, 2013
I believe the Mods are more active, so i suggest this thread for front page please
www.nairaland.com/1234017/10-medical-technologies-could-shape#14885523
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by eggheaders(m): 7:14am On Mar 23, 2013
mods please check insincere Nigeria stupidity. he is altering post of forumites.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Dede1(m): 12:17pm On Mar 23, 2013
@OAM4J

I seriously doubt if you are qualified to act as a moderator on any forum. You are a bigot and pathetically ill-informed one too. I could not fathom any other reason why you had to ban Dede1 for the use of words-Yoruba and Yooba except you are under undue pressure of tribalism and ignorance.

I am Igbo and shall remain so throughout my life on earth. I feel honored when I heard Awolowo say “I am Ijebu before Yoruba”. Nigeria is in a total mess today because certain ignoramuses forced different groups of people who had no business staying together into one country.

Please get some education and it is even cheap through Google. Yoruba or Yooba is alternative name of Yoruba and has been used in numerous texts even in Arabic. There was no intent of derogatory when Songhai Scholar used the word-Yoruba to describe certain ethnical group found in the acreage that later constituted into Nigeria.

I had not intentions to abuse you but you should realize that lack of knowledge of certain rules does not absolve you from punishment due to crass blunder. My quarrel lies with the person who introduced free-education-policy in western region of Nigeria. Again, you need to place your itching ban fingers on a leash. A weeklong ban of Dede1 can not and will never change a thing.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by tomakint: 12:24pm On Mar 23, 2013
Dede1: @OAM4J

I seriously doubt if you are qualified to act as a moderator on any forum. You are a bigot and pathetically ill-informed one too. I could not fathom any other reason why you had to ban Dede1 for the use of words-Yoruba and Yooba except you are under undue pressure of tribalism and ignorance.

I am Igbo and shall remain so throughout my life on earth. I feel honored when I heard Awolowo say “I am Ijebu before Yoruba”. Nigeria is in a total mess today because certain ignoramuses forced different groups of people who had no business staying together into one country.

Please get some education and it is even cheap through Google. Yoruba or Yooba is alternative name of Yoruba and has been used in numerous texts even in Arabic. There was no intent of derogatory when Songahi Scholar used the word-Yoruba to describe certain ethnical group found in the acreage that later constituted into Nigeria.

I had not intentions to abuse you but you should realize that lack of knowledge of certain rules does not absolve you from punishment due to crass blunder. My quarrel lies with the person who introduced free-education-policy in western region of Nigeria. Again, you need to place your itching ban fingers on a leash. A weeklong ban of Dede1 can not and will never change a thing.
The wise one has spoken, I hope the mod the post is directed at has learnt something!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 1:13pm On Mar 23, 2013
Dede1: @OAM4J

Please get some education and it is even cheap through Google. Yoruba or Yooba is alternative name of Yoruba and has been used in numerous texts even in Arabic. There was no intent of derogatory when Songhai Scholar used the word-Yoruba to describe certain ethnical group found in the acreage that later constituted into Nigeria.

Ordinarily, I would have just banned you again for continuously typing Yoruba as Yoruba. But I want to give you this last benefit of doubt. I asked you before and I ask you again give me your sources from Google and other Language experts who refer to Yorubas from Nigeria as Yoruba or other variations while writing in English.

If I dont get a good response from you in 12hrs I will be left with no choice than to hide your post and consider another sanction against you.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Dede1(m): 2:14pm On Mar 23, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by nduchucks: 2:29pm On Mar 23, 2013
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by ACM10: 4:05pm On Mar 23, 2013
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Katsumoto: 4:16pm On Mar 23, 2013
Nothing wrong with Yoruba, a term coined by the Nupe. Yoruba was probably corrupted to Yoruba by the British.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by AndreUweh(m): 6:37pm On Mar 23, 2013
@OAM4J
Please end this impasse now. Yoruba, Yoruba Ibo etc are all wrong modern terms.
Encourage posters to type Yoruba and Igbo.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 7:15pm On Mar 23, 2013
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by 9jaihail2: 7:18pm On Mar 23, 2013
OAM4J:

Ordinarily, I would have just banned you again for continuously typing Yoruba as Yoruba. But I want to give you this last benefit of doubt. I asked you before and I ask you again give me your sources from Google and other Language experts who refer to Yorubas from Nigeria as Yoruba or other variations while writing in English.

If I dont get a good response from you in 12hrs I will be left with no choice than to hide your post and consider another sanction against you.

Thanks.

Now finally you and your fellow bigots are exposed by master DEDE1, i will urge you to ban whoever type igbo as ibo else we all will type yoruba as Yoruba. I will as well advice you to call seun attention to this link for him to see for himself.

Big shame to some misguided igbos who supported you and seun to ban igbo posters who insisted that your people should stop addressing us as ibo's. Igbo is igbo not ibo,we therefore insist that we cannot answer what you lot want us to answer, call my dog any name i chose.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by 9jaihail2: 7:22pm On Mar 23, 2013
OAM4J:

Thank you. I will review your sources.

Ibo and Yooba are acceptable. If Yoruba is also valid for Yoruba, then we will accept it.

Please do it fast and approve it so we can make use of it as time is passing so fast.

Thank you DEDE1, This is why an elder is needed so much at every point in time. What an eye opener.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by ACM10: 7:32pm On Mar 23, 2013
OAM4J:

Thank you. I will review your sources.

Ibo and Yooba are acceptable. If Yoruba is also valid for Yoruba, then we will accept it.

What competence do you have to review his sources? You can be unbelievably ridiculous. Seriously I've lost confidence in you. You are too biased to moderate a section like this. He provided the source which you requested for. Suddenly you've assigned yourself the role of a reviewer. Who do you think you are foooling? You should infact apologise to him for banning him unfairly. Some of the publications he posted dated 120yrs old. Why do you always introduce unnecessary ambiguity when the Igbos are involved? You did so in the case of Alj-harem.

Pls can you make my hidden post visible?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (315)

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) / Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.