Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years (8473 Views)

Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying / Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 / Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by chuks49(m): 12:14pm On May 16, 2012
Delta State government is spending N75 million every month on diesel on fuelling of generators to power streetlights in Asaba and Warri, Commissioner for Power and Energy, Charles Emetulu, has said.

He told newsmen in his office in Asaba that the government embarked on the project in 2008 as part of effort by the administration to provide functional street lights.

Emetulu said the Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan-led administration is not relenting in its effort towards funding the project aimed at beautifying the two towns and contributing to the security of the state.

But residents of Asaba and Warri that spoke to this reporter said the amount being spent by the state government in fuelling the generators was outrageous and unrealistic.

A mechanical engineer with one of the oil companies operating in the state, Engineer Stanley Itula, who pleaded that his company should not be mentioned because he does not have its permission to speak to the press, said the amount was excessive.

Daily Trust investigation in Asaba revealed that there are four generators of 60 and 40KVA capacity powering the streetlights in the state capital while only two of the 40KVA was powering the streetlights in Warri. In the two towns, the generators are switched on daily from 6pm to 6am theraeby providing light 12 hours daily.

The four generators in Asaba are located at Anwai road by the Federal Medical Center (FMC), Abraka Market, Asaba; Inter-Bau roundabout and Issele-Azagba at the outskirts of the state capital while the two in Warri are located at the Inland Waterways in Warri and Uroma junction at Effurum.

Diesel at NNPC Mega station, Asaba cost N140 per litre and N170 at other filling stations.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=162548:delta-fuels-6-generators-with-n36bn-in-4-years&catid=1:news&Itemid=2

Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by djcmeon39(m): 12:38pm On May 16, 2012
Osama bin uduaghan always comes here for d wrong reasons,am begginin 2 go wit d sch of taught dat naija is a failed state.no body 2 confront him?hopeless nation
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by otumfour(m): 2:26pm On May 16, 2012
shocked shocked
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by naijamatter: 2:26pm On May 16, 2012
all this government officials are not a shame to release foolish statements...the last time was unaji saying he will be distributing electric bulbs to Nigerians lol... from fuel subsidy fund...dis guys are just bunch of idiots!
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by ak47mann(m): 2:29pm On May 16, 2012
Delta state government is so corrupt.......................
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by OAM4J: 2:29pm On May 16, 2012
Ibori legacy will endure for a long while. . .
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by mkmyers45(m): 2:33pm On May 16, 2012
Only in Nigeria and definitely from a corrupt breed....I laugh in Oil-y' Money grin grin grin grin
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Fhemmmy: 2:33pm On May 16, 2012
I hope the world do not read this, let us not spread our messed linen to the world, i beg.
how much would it cost them to actually make electricity happen?
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by SuyaEater(m): 2:36pm On May 16, 2012
Fools among fools....chei Nigeria is a disgrace
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Fhemmmy: 2:38pm On May 16, 2012
SuyaEater: Fools among fools....chei Nigeria is a disgrace

More than a disgrace . . . go and see the budget and see how much Nigeria wanna use in powering the generator for MMA . . .
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by gulfer: 2:48pm On May 16, 2012
chuks49: Delta State government is spending N75 million every month on diesel on fuelling of generators to power streetlights in Asaba and Warri, Commissioner for Power and Energy, Charles Emetulu, has said.

He told newsmen in his office in Asaba that the government embarked on the project in 2008 as part of effort by the administration to provide functional street lights.

Emetulu said the Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan-led administration is not relenting in its effort towards funding the project aimed at beautifying the two towns and contributing to the security of the state.

But residents of Asaba and Warri that spoke to this reporter said the amount being spent by the state government in fuelling the generators was outrageous and unrealistic.

A mechanical engineer with one of the oil companies operating in the state, Engineer Stanley Itula, who pleaded that his company should not be mentioned because he does not have its permission to speak to the press, said the amount was excessive.

Daily Trust investigation in Asaba revealed that there are four generators of 60 and 40KVA capacity powering the streetlights in the state capital while only two of the 40KVA was powering the streetlights in Warri. In the two towns, the generators are switched on daily from 6pm to 6am theraeby providing light 12 hours daily.

The four generators in Asaba are located at Anwai road by the Federal Medical Center (FMC), Abraka Market, Asaba; Inter-Bau roundabout and Issele-Azagba at the outskirts of the state capital while the two in Warri are located at the Inland Waterways in Warri and Uroma junction at Effurum.

Diesel at NNPC Mega station, Asaba cost N140 per litre and N170 at other filling stations.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=162548:delta-fuels-6-generators-with-n36bn-in-4-years&catid=1:news&Itemid=2
[b]Warri(Delta) no dey carry last, what happened to solar powered street lights?[/b]O lenu!
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by MahatmaGhandi: 2:48pm On May 16, 2012
As I read the thread I burst in uncontrollable laughter,I believe this report is just a tip of the ice berg,more than 60% of nigerian politicians are sociopaths,the most painful part is that these guys will go scot-free...In nigeria the so called good men have decided to do nothing,n this is the price we pay.
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by jmaine: 2:55pm On May 16, 2012
The guy get confidence yarn this nonsense for public . . . na wao . . .
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by porryred(m): 2:56pm On May 16, 2012
how much will it cost to get solar powered street light??these politicians think we naijas are fools
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Fhemmmy: 2:56pm On May 16, 2012
jmaine: The guy get confidence yarn this nonsense for public . . . na wao . . .

Cos they know Nigerians will drink and eat any nonsense thrown at them . . . no one question them
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by imparable7(m): 3:00pm On May 16, 2012
hmmm
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by deshclones(m): 3:04pm On May 16, 2012
shocked shocked shocked This is a clear case of what the hell are you gonna do about it??
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Demdem(m): 3:09pm On May 16, 2012
It can only happen in q state controlled by dogs. Will someone explain to me why the chief dog of delta state's blood shouldn't be shed.

1 Like

Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Beaf: 3:12pm On May 16, 2012
gulfer: [b]Warri(Delta) no dey carry last, what happened to solar powered street lights?[/b]O lenu!

We Deltans are watching Uduaghan like we watched Ibori. Everything has its season.
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by OneNaira6: 3:15pm On May 16, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Cos they know Nigerians will drink and eat any nonsense thrown at them . . . no one question them

GBAM!!!
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by sylve11: 3:16pm On May 16, 2012
When will they jail this man self? undecided cool
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Baawaa(m): 3:37pm On May 16, 2012
Mahatma Ghandi: As I read the thread I burst in uncontrollable laughter,I believe this report is just a tip of the ice berg,more than 60% of nigerian politicians are sociopaths,the most painful part is that these guys will go scot-free...In nigeria the so called good men have decided to do nothing,n this is the price we pay.
Any good man that join this group of PDP,will become worst.GEJ is a very good example
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by ijigbamigb(m): 3:37pm On May 16, 2012
But what does it take to generate around 10MW of Hydro-Powered Electricity and save the state of the burden of sacrificing such amount to power generating sets for streetlights...
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Fhemmmy: 3:39pm On May 16, 2012
ijigbamigb: But what does it take to generate around 10MW of Hydro-Powered Electricity and save the state of the burden of sacrificing such amount to power generating sets for streetlights...

In Nigeria that is a bad move, cos they wont be able to lace their pocket with cash
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by dayokanu(m): 3:52pm On May 16, 2012
Delta State has gone to the dogs part 3
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by malc619(m): 3:57pm On May 16, 2012
Beaf:

We Deltans are watching Uduaghan like we watched Ibori. Everything has its season.

It wud b better if u just keep mute on an dis issue.
If it was about Osun State guv'nor Ʊ'd have had been everywhere spilling loads of shyt from ur st.nking mouth..... Now all Ʊ can do is sit n watch.....
O-Hypocrite
O-Coward

1 Like

Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Fhemmmy: 3:58pm On May 16, 2012
dayokanu: Delta State has gone to the dogs part 3

Lol
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Ejine(m): 4:02pm On May 16, 2012
My home is in need of a serious revolution cry
Infact, I get so embarrassed of the crap news that comes out of there, that I've chosen to ignore all Nairaland threads about this bastaard.

Don't worry, I'm still winning souls in Abuja and Benin. When I have a large enough army, I'll come raiding this state from the hands of these mahfuckers.
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Ejine(m): 4:04pm On May 16, 2012
dayokanu: Delta State has gone to the dogs part 3

Wetin be your own sef? angry
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by 55gal(m): 4:04pm On May 16, 2012
Hmmm.i weep for Nigeria....Have they legalised corruption in Nigeria
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Fhemmmy: 4:05pm On May 16, 2012
55gal: Hmmm.i weep for Nigeria....Have they legalised corruption in Nigeria

Since 1977 , , ,
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by malc619(m): 4:08pm On May 16, 2012
Ejiné: My home is in need of a serious revolution cry
Infact, I get so embarrassed of the crap news that comes out of there, that I've chosen to ignore all Nairaland threads about this bastaard.

Don't worry, I'm still winning souls in Abuja and Benin. When I have a large enough army, I'll come raiding this state from the hands of these mahfuckers.

Story story.......STORY!!!
Once upon a time...... Time!! Time!!
Chorus till fade...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP In Early Lead In Ebonyi - Vanguard / NMA Should Conduct Medical Tests On Presidential Candidates, Results Made Public / The Challenges Of Security In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.