Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years (8485 Views)

Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying / Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 / Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Fhemmmy: 7:18pm On May 16, 2012
duality:

can you mention the streets that have been lit with half that amount in Nigeria besides there are also solar powered steer lights in the state. but i noticed that they are not as bright as the gen powered lights. my point is any thing Good should be appreciated first before all these mis yarn.

So we should continue to buy diesel to power a generator and light streets with that, please show me a nation that is powering street light with generators . . . .
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Fhemmmy: 7:19pm On May 16, 2012
duality:

i think you should study this thing about street lights first. FOR NOW if you want efficiency solar is not the way to go. besides these things are best powered from the mains supply which is still inefficient in naija.

So generator is the best way to go according to your argument?
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Faheedat: 7:43pm On May 16, 2012
ARE U SUPRISE,THIS IS THE BEGINNING
THE LEADERS ARE SELFISH AND NO CLEAR PHILOSOPHY,NO AGENDA,AND THEY ARE NOT ACCOUNTABLE TO ANY.
I WISH OUR ABLE GOVERNOR ALL THE BEST IN HIS CHOSEN CAREER.
BUT REMEMBER THAT YOU WILL GIVE ACCOUNT TO THE ONE THAT IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ANYBODY HOW YOU JOINT 2+2=7
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by duality(m): 7:45pm On May 16, 2012
Fhemmmy:

So generator is the best way to go according to your argument?

don't you have a generator? thats the reality we find our self with. as far as nigeria is concerned if you want near efficient light. be it street ight, office light, or home light. you must use generator. however the most appropriate is the mains supply which as a country, we still don't have. don't be sentimental. the day we fix power in naija ALL street lights will be powered from the mains supply
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Rhino5dm: 7:47pm On May 16, 2012
Coming from O'shameless low-life lying O'scum. We deltans are watching indeed.

This O'dunce and his packs of wild dogs would have spammed the whole thread with thier usual moronic tarradiddles, should the news be about any south western states.

Delta state went from renovating 10 primary schools with 1 billion naira to clearing of hill with 7.8 billion naira and to this shameless news. 75 million naira fuel per month for just street lights? O'Pathetic O'lodo!

Beaf:

We Deltans are watching Uduaghan like we watched Ibori. Everything has its season.
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Fhemmmy: 7:51pm On May 16, 2012
duality:

don't you have a generator? [/b]thats the reality we find our self with. as far as nigeria is concerned if you want near efficient light. be it street ight, office light, or home light. you must use generator. however the most appropriate is the mains supply which as a country, we still don't have. don't be sentimental. the day we fix power in naija ALL street lights will be powered from the mains supply

[b]No, i dont have one . . .
However, just because everyone has it does not make it right . .
BTW, it is not feasible to power street lights with generator cos cant be afforded.
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by browncool(m): 8:54pm On May 16, 2012
naijamatter: all this government officials are not a shame to release foolish statements...the last time was unaji saying he will be distributing electric bulbs to Nigerians lol... from fuel subsidy fund...dis guys are just bunch of idiots!
Are you serious? Nigerian govt. are full of bad surprises
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Tonyobi96(m): 9:00pm On May 16, 2012
Can anybody tell me why there's delay at the south africa embassy in lagos for issuing out a visa i applied for a visa on the 20th of march 2012 and uptill date n news about my package. I suppose to go for my leave last month and uptill date my no news concerning my passport.
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by assetstrap(m): 9:54pm On May 16, 2012
Does the Delta state house of assembley actually do anything I understand everybody is chopping but the degree of chopping in Delta na wa o!!!
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Rhino5dm: 10:09pm On May 16, 2012
The fool said they are watching him to loot. What more? Thesame man that renovates 10 primary schools with a billion naira?

assetstrap: Does the Delta state house of assembley actually do anything I understand everybody is chopping but the degree of chopping in Delta na wa o!!!
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by swintiney: 10:30pm On May 16, 2012
down[s][/s] up delta
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Kobojunkie: 10:33pm On May 16, 2012
Up Bendel!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Fhemmmy: 11:34pm On May 16, 2012
Tonyobi96: Can anybody tell me why there's delay at the south africa embassy in lagos for issuing out a visa i applied for a visa on the 20th of march 2012 and uptill date n news about my package. I suppose to go for my leave last month and uptill date my no news concerning my passport.

Cos they dont Nigerians to come and give them blackout . . . Lol
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Detongue: 1:28am On May 17, 2012
I laugh wen ppl talk about delta state govt. I live in Ikeja and my buisness is around Awolowo road Ikeja. Awolowo rd to Alausa, Bank Anthony, 7up etc are all using generators for more dan 3yrs now, nobody is calculating d amount of money Fashola is spending on fuel. If wishes were horses, evil wishes against EEU will not come to pass IJN
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Soundmind(m): 7:51am On May 17, 2012
Chie! Haba! Haaaaaa! OOOOOOO!
This Uduaghan is corruption personified.
He is a technical thief.
Hei! Hei!! Hei!!!
Uduaghan, the hand that caught Ibori is at the door for u.
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Nobody: 7:56am On May 17, 2012
The report forgot to say, Roli Uduaghan is the one the contracts are awarded to.
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Kenyanstar: 8:35am On May 17, 2012
nigerians are the worst hypocrates, crybabies and fools. Almost all this posts are largley aportioing blame to everyone except yourselves. This leaders u r busy castigating r the same leaders u were religously campaigning and voting for. They simply didnt get appointed but voted for by you. The public should take the initiative of demonstrating their displeasure by not voting them in. Kenyans simply became aware of their rights and have never looked back. Copy the kenya way and u will never regret...
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Myself2(m): 10:30am On May 17, 2012
I heard the company that supplies the diesel belongs to Roli,Emma Uduaghan's wife
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by wesley80(m): 10:40am On May 17, 2012
Myself2: I heard the company that supplies the diesel belongs to Roli,Emma Uduaghan's wife

Actually heard the contract was Ayiri Emami's.
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Onasa22: 12:32pm On May 17, 2012
Nemesis will catch up with uduaghan the way it happened to his cousin ibori. There shall be no hiding place for the thief. Who ever thought that ibori with his powerful connections could spend a second in jail. Family of thieves!
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Myself2(m): 12:41pm On May 17, 2012
^^^

Ahhh same of the same,even if it's awarded to Amaju Pinnick,they're all fronts for Uduaghan;Roli,Ayiri,Amaju,Victor Ochei etc
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Fhemmmy: 2:20pm On May 17, 2012
Detongue: I laugh wen ppl talk about delta state govt. I live in Ikeja and my buisness is around Awolowo road Ikeja. Awolowo rd to Alausa, Bank Anthony, 7up etc are all using generators for more dan 3yrs now, nobody is calculating d amount of money Fashola is spending on fuel. If wishes were horses, evil wishes against EEU will not come to pass IJN

And have you ever imagine how much they would be making if they dont have to waste money on generators?
Can you imagine how much companies will move to Nigeria to do business if we have constant lights.
Most Tech coys are moving to india, columbia and other nations where they cant even speak an iota of english, and yet a nation like Nigeria is there and we have youths that are so smart but no work and even some of the coys that are already in Nigeria are moving out. . . .
Ordinary school drop out that is operating a call centre with one GSM phone, have to buy a generator to charge a phone she bought used, that is pathetic and sad . . .

There is a need for a change

1 Like

Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by damlawbaba(m): 10:18pm On May 17, 2012
Daylight robery, sey na day n night dem go on d gen ni . . .they are just licenced armed robberz . . .
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by johnwell(m): 2:45am On May 18, 2012
The ikebe super governor

Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by Fhemmmy: 2:49am On May 18, 2012
johnwell: The ikebe super governor

Lol . . . I beg leave the dude alone to enjoy the time of his head oh
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by UYCO: 6:08am On May 18, 2012
Ignorance is a big disease, they like to jump into Delta state issues and say a lot of rubbish and most of them have not been to Delta State.
The contract was awarded to a company to maintain and fuel the street light in Sapele, Udu,Uwie,Warri,Sapele,Ugheli etc.
The company has over 100 workers who help them carry out maintenance on the street light.They have cranes and other machines they use to carry out maintenance on the street light.
The writer did not understand the statement of the commissioner or deliberately quoted him out of context.He should have mentioned the cost of fueling street light in Sapele and other cities that also have street light too.
Those talking about solar power don't know what they are saying. The solar powered street light is not as bright as the one powered by generator. They are not durable and they develop problems in less than three months
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by gulfer: 7:21am On May 18, 2012
UYCO: Ignorance is a big disease,
Those talking about solar power don't know what they are saying. The solar powered street light is not as bright as the one powered by generator. They are not durable and they develop problems in less than three months
I think you are the ignorant one for this statement, you can achieve comparable illumination of streets with the solar powered streetlights as well-reduced spacing between poles, position design and also the lumen achievable by the utilized light bulbs.
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by olayinkaj2(m): 9:05am On May 18, 2012
What stops them from generating electricity for the masses, all we hear is spending millions of naira on powering generators. It didn't surprise me when our own President is budgeting for new generators that tells u nothing can be done to this power issue. The cabals are sitting on it...ko le work!
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by InvertedHammer: 4:44am On Mar 25, 2013
OK Let's get down to it.

100 Liters x 4 generators = 400 L /day
400 L x 30 days/month = 12000L /month for the 4 generators
12000 L x 12 months = 144,000 L for the 4 generators in 1 yr
144000 L x 4 years = 576000 L for the 4 years

576,000 L for 4 years rounded up to 600,000 L

@ N170/L x 600,000 L = N102,000,000 (one hundred and two million naira only)

Over-Invoice = 3.6 bn - 0.102 bn = N3.488bn (N3 + billion)
Re: Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years by omenka(m): 7:21am On Mar 25, 2013
jmaine: The guy get confidence yarn this nonsense for public . . . na wao . . .

Why wouldn't he when Nigerians have proven time and again to be as docile as blind puppies?? And the judiciary has proven to be willing accomplices!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: Atiku Chooses Senator Bruce As Running Mate / We Have No Issues With The Result Of Abia North Senatorial Election, INEC Says / Nigerians Ask National Assembly To Probe Obasanjo's $16bn Power Spending, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.