Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins (6632 Views)

Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges / Jonathan Setting Traps For Buhari With Last-minute Appointments, Sack- Ikanya / Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by Peace20: 1:48pm On May 16, 2012
[color=#000099][/color] coolpls let us pray 4 gej. Its nt him doin al dis. God wil help 9ja
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by mjconcept(m): 1:48pm On May 16, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: Nigerians there is no need to panic people get trapped in elevators everyday and everywhere. GEJ has listened to your facebook comments and will swing into action by June 2012
Can you rule Nigeria? Yes or No.
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by Peace20: 1:49pm On May 16, 2012
coolpls let us pray 4 gej. Its nt him doin al dis. God wil help 9ja
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by maclatunji: 1:51pm On May 16, 2012
mjconcept: Why are we blaming Gej for every bad thing happening to us no one is a perfect human being and sometimes we cause whats happening to us so pocket your frustrations inside.

You think being President is Rice and Beans? If you cannot stand the heat, get out of the oven abi na kitchen?
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by supremebeing09: 1:55pm On May 16, 2012
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by VULCAN(m): 1:55pm On May 16, 2012
@OYINBOGOJU,

Bruv u almost killed me with laughter describing the lift cheesy
OYINBOGOJU: Well the only elevator i know at the airport is obviously a death trap.

Even when there is light,sometimes it refuse to open.
Sometime it will just be moving up and down without stopping.
Sometimes it will even close when you still your hand is still on open button.

. I had to struggle to hold down the guffaws as people are around me.
recruitmnt:

I have personally experienced all of the above. Infact on a particular day it almost cut off my dads head! His body was inside, we were holding the open button and he tried to look out to call someone. All of a sudden the lift door started closing and the man didn't know the danger..lol

Both of u shud take it easy as my chest almost caved in with laughter at both posts cheesy

But that aside is a bit shameful that some people can be so unobservant as not to notice the 2 lifts @ MMIA. Obviously some dont go to airport more than once or twice a decade. At the bottom of each stairwell that take you from arrival to departure resides a lift. Close to the toilets. Someone who works in the airport should pls take pics for the benefit of the doubting thomases. lol
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by mjconcept(m): 1:55pm On May 16, 2012
maclatunji:

You think being President is Rice and Beans? If you cannot stand the heat, get out of the oven abi na kitchen?
Yes i agree totally with you and can you stand the heat yourself?
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by crackhouse(m): 1:56pm On May 16, 2012
Next time they should use elavator again and leave the staircase, i am sure by then they will be trapped for 2hrs and not 45mins again. I wonder what they would have done if they had lived when there was no elavator, maybe some peeps would use rope to pull em up from the last floor. Hehehe
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by Peace20: 1:57pm On May 16, 2012
Pray 4 9ja
mjconcept:
Dont add fuel to ur burning house,by the way are you a Nigerian.
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by maclatunji: 1:59pm On May 16, 2012
mjconcept:
Yes i agree totally with you and can you stand the heat yourself?

I did not run for office neither did I promise you anything- ask GEJ, he is the man in office and the one who made promises.
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by mjconcept(m): 2:00pm On May 16, 2012
Peace20: Pray 4 9ja
I dey pray for naija always it just that some lunatics are roaming the streets of nairaland n@ked grin
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by maclatunji: 2:02pm On May 16, 2012
supremebeing09:

Detractors?! What detractors?! You're as ignorant as ignorance gets. You sound like the President's b**ch! The people could have taken the stairs?! Next time you set off for work, I'd advise you to swim to your destination rather than get on the road! If the passengers choose to use a bloody elevator, what is your problem? Should the elevators be there, which they are, isn't it only right that they do what they are there for? Or have elevators become a tourist attraction in Nigeria? "Hey, this one works! Let's take a picture of it!" WHAT NONSENSE!

Elevators do not fail in Nigeria only but this is a bloody INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, YEAH? YEAH? GET THAT INTO YOUR CUSTARD-INFESTED SKULL!

This is Nigeria, we are different. Haven't you seen people saying they don't enter elevators in Nigeria? Those people were being fancy, Nigeria is marching forward whether you like it or not- if you like next time you see an elevator in Nigeria, enter it! We have our own unique Nigerianess. We no send you or anybody- at least we are the giant of Africa.
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by mjconcept(m): 2:03pm On May 16, 2012
maclatunji:

I did not run for office neither did I promise you anything- ask GEJ, he is the man in office and the one who made promises.
He is still there because he can withstand the heat of more than 160 million people.
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by supremebeing09: 2:03pm On May 16, 2012
maclatunji: Nonsense, this is the work of detractors who don't want President Goodluck Ebele Azikwe Jonathan to succeed because he won a free and fair selection, next thing is for them to call for a probe and sacking of Ministers. Is it only in Nigeria that elevators fail? The people could have taken stairs now, but No! They wanted to copy Oyinbo man style. Do they even have elevators in their houses? GEJ is moving forward, elevator or no elevator.

#Cool cool

Detractors?! What detractors?! You're as ignorant as ignorance gets. You sound like the President's b**ch! The people could have taken the stairs?! Next time you set off for work, I'd advise you to swim to your destination rather than get on the road! If the passengers choose to use a bloody elevator, what is your problem? Should the elevators be there, which they are, isn't it only right that they do what they are there for? Or have elevators become a tourist attraction in Nigeria? "Hey, this one works! Let's take a picture of it!" WHAT NONSENSE! "They want to copy Oyinbo man style". You're quite a two-faced fudge! I'm sure you despise the oyinbo way of living you still walk around naked with leaves covering your modesty.

Elevators do not fail in Nigeria only but this is a bloody INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, YEAH? YEAH? GET THAT INTO YOUR CUSTARD-INFESTED SKULL! Even the bloody elevators in domestic airports should work, let alone international ones. Actually, only in Nigeria do elevators fail because other countries know how embarrassing it would be to their reputation and economy if there was a power failure at their airports. In Nigeria, we are immune to embarrassments. We take them as compliments, if anything. That's why the elevator which broke down will still not be fixed until something major occurs. Even if something major was to occur, knowing Nigeria, there will be ways around it.

Personally, I think you should make yourself aware of the concepts of health and safety, quality control and risk management. Maybe you should pass these concepts on to you honourable friend Jonathan who seems to wake up everyday without knowing his position in the country. Until then, elevator or not, your president seems to be on a roller coaster journey (shame he wasn't caught up in the elevator madness. He wouldn't know about that anyway, would he?)
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by tellwisdom: 2:08pm On May 16, 2012
No be by force to use lift when you know you cant supply the necessary amenities to keep it working!! If it were to be a situation where power was to be withdrawn for 24hrs, to get it fixed. Na dis wan we go dey talk?? #Heaven, i need a hug undecided undecided
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by maclatunji: 2:10pm On May 16, 2012
supremebeing09:

Detractors?! What detractors?! You're as ignorant as ignorance gets. You sound like the President's b**ch! The people could have taken the stairs?! Next time you set off for work, I'd advise you to swim to your destination rather than get on the road! If the passengers choose to use a bloody elevator, what is your problem? Should the elevators be there, which they are, isn't it only right that they do what they are there for? Or have elevators become a tourist attraction in Nigeria? "Hey, this one works! Let's take a picture of it!" WHAT NONSENSE! "They want to copy Oyinbo man style". You're quite a two-faced fudge! I'm sure you despise the oyinbo way of living you still walk around naked with leaves covering your modesty.

Elevators do not fail in Nigeria only but this is a bloody INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, YEAH? YEAH? GET THAT INTO YOUR CUSTARD-INFESTED SKULL! Even the bloody elevators in domestic airports should work, let alone international ones. Actually, only in Nigeria do elevators fail because other countries know how embarrassing it would be to their reputation and economy if there was a power failure at their airports. In Nigeria, we are immune to embarrassments. We take them as compliments, if anything. That's why the elevator which broke down will still not be fixed until something major occurs. Even if something major was to occur, knowing Nigeria, there will be ways around it.

Personally, I think you should make yourself aware of the concepts of health and safety, quality control and risk management. Maybe you should pass these concepts on to you honourable friend Jonathan who seems to wake up everyday without knowing his position in the country. Until then, elevator or not, your president seems to be on a roller coaster journey (shame he wasn't caught up in the elevator madness. He wouldn't know about that anyway, would he?)

What an insult to the President of the country with the largest concentration of black people in the world. The President should be trapped in the elevator? It is only lowly people that do not know their place that end-up getting trapped in elevators. The Nigerian President must live large and not suffer any inconvenience; he is a 'big fish' in Africa and the world. Even if he wastes money, is it your money? This man is making me angry today, how can anyone hate GEJ. He is man that was without shoes and became President. He has more good luck than your bad belle can cover. He is transforming Nigeria- you are one of the detractors I was even talking about- Nonsense. angry
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by Peace20: 2:12pm On May 16, 2012
recruitmnt:

I have personally experienced all of the above. Infact on a particular day it almost cut off my dads head! His body was inside, we were holding the open button and he tried to look out to call someone. All of a sudden the lift door started closing and the man didn't know the danger..lol
wao dis is serious. Cant stop laughin buaahahhaaaahaheh grin
recruitmnt:

wao dis is serious. Cant stop laughin buaahahhaaaahaheh
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by supremebeing09: 2:12pm On May 16, 2012
maclatunji:

This is Nigeria, we are different. Haven't you seen people saying they don't enter elevators in Nigeria? Those people were being fancy, Nigeria is marching forward whether you like it or not- if you like next time you see an elevator in Nigeria, enter it! We have our own unique Nigerianess. We no send you or anybody- at least we are the giant of Africa.

YOUR OWN UNIQUENESS INDEED - WHICH IS NOT HAVING FUNCTIONAL ELEVATORS?!! SINCE WHEN DID ELEVATORS BECOME "FANCY"?
THIS IS AN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. NOT HAVING ELEVATORS SHOULD NOT BE DEEMED "UNIQUE". ELEVATORS SHOULD BE THE SMALLEST OF ISSUES MY FRIEND.

IF YOU WANT TO MENTION UNIQUENESS, THERE ARE A MILLION WAYS TO DO SO. THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE AIRPORT, THE CUSTOMER SERVICE, TIME MANAGEMENT, THE AVAILABILITY OF FACILITIES AND THE WAITING TIMES AT THE AIRPORT. THAT'S UNIQUENESS. HEATHROW AIRPORT OFFICIALS ARE CURRENTLY FACING CRITICISM BECAUSE OF EXCESSIVE WAITING TIMES EXPERIENCED BY NON-EU NATIONALS. NOW, THAT IS A PROBLEM. NOT BLOODY ELEVATORS NOT WORKING BECAUSE, BELIEVE IT OR NOT, ELEVATORS ARE STANDARD. STANDARD. STANDARD. NOT UNIQUE. UNIQUE. UNIQUE.

LIKE I SAID, EVERYTHING ANY OTHER COUNTRY SHOULD BE EMBARRASSED ABOUT SEEMS TO BE THE NORM IN NIGERIA. THIS IS MURTALA MOHAMMED INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, NOT CHRIST THE KING LOCAL FREIGHTS. GET REAL.
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by mjconcept(m): 2:14pm On May 16, 2012
maclatunji:

What an insult to the President of the country with the largest concentration of black people in the world. The President should be trapped in the elevator? It is only lowly people that do not know their place that end-up getting trapped in elevators. The Nigerian President must live large and not suffer any inconvenience; he is a 'big fish' in Africa and the world. Even if he wastes money, is it your money? This man is making me angry today, how can anyone hate GEJ. He is man that was without shoes and became President. He has more good luck than your bad belle can cover. He is transforming Nigeria- you are one of the detractors I was even talking about- Nonsense. angry
Guy i didn't get you clearly cos you mixing rice and ogbono soup.
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by supremebeing09: 2:22pm On May 16, 2012
maclatunji:

It seems to me that you know everything but understand nothing. An insult? What insult? That I meant if the president wasn't there he would never have understood the distress and frustration witnessed by the victims? You should be able to differentiate an insult from a suggestion my friend.

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT IF JONATHAN WASTES THE NATION'S MONEY, IT IS LEGALLY MY MONEY AND I AM RIGHTFUL TO CHALLENGE HIS EXPENSES AT THE EXPENSE OF THE NATION. NO WONDER HE'S SPENDING BILLIONS OF MY MONEY ON LAVISH MEALS. PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELF, WITH THE BELIEF THAT SINCE YOU'RE NOT IN POWER, YOU DO NOT HAVE THE BASIC RIGHTS TO A STANDARD OF LIVING, WILL CONTINUE TO SQUANDER IN SELF-PITY WHILE THESE GUYS CONTINUE TO PILFER YOUR ENTITLEMENTS AND A RIGHT TO BE GOVERNED APPROPRIATELY.

It's a shame he is transforming Nigeria BECAUSE THERE IS STILL NO ELECTRICITY NATIONWIDE AS WE SPEAK. MATHEMATICALLY, NO ELECTRICITY = NO ENERGY = NO ELEVATOR WORKING = SHAME ON ONE OF NIGERIA'S INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT = LESS REVENUE = ECONOMIC BACKWARDNESS.

NONSENSE. I WONDER WHY PEOPLE ARE VERY SENSITIVE TO JONATHAN BEING CRITIQUED. YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH A POLITICIAN, NOT POLITICS.
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by maclatunji: 2:23pm On May 16, 2012
supremebeing09:

YOUR OWN UNIQUENESS INDEED - WHICH IS NOT HAVING FUNCTIONAL ELEVATORS?!! SINCE WHEN DID ELEVATORS BECOME "FANCY"?
THIS IS AN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. NOT HAVING ELEVATORS SHOULD NOT BE DEEMED "UNIQUE". ELEVATORS SHOULD BE THE SMALLEST OF ISSUES MY FRIEND.

IF YOU WANT TO MENTION UNIQUENESS, THERE ARE A MILLION WAYS TO DO SO. THE ARCHITECTURE OF THE AIRPORT, THE CUSTOMER SERVICE, TIME MANAGEMENT, THE AVAILABILITY OF FACILITIES AND THE WAITING TIMES AT THE AIRPORT. THAT'S UNIQUENESS. HEATHROW AIRPORT OFFICIALS ARE CURRENTLY FACING CRITICISM BECAUSE OF EXCESSIVE WAITING TIMES EXPERIENCED BY NON-EU NATIONALS. NOW, THAT IS A PROBLEM. NOT BLOODY ELEVATORS NOT WORKING BECAUSE, BELIEVE IT OR NOT, ELEVATORS ARE STANDARD. STANDARD. STANDARD. NOT UNIQUE. UNIQUE. UNIQUE.

LIKE I SAID, EVERYTHING ANY OTHER COUNTRY SHOULD BE EMBARRASSED ABOUT SEEMS TO BE THE NORM IN NIGERIA. THIS IS MURTALA MOHAMMED INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, NOT CHRIST THE KING LOCAL FREIGHTS. GET REAL.

I have being toying with you, I was being sarcastic- you sabi yab small sha. tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by Fhemmmy: 2:27pm On May 16, 2012
I cant even imagine an elevator in a building to be out for that long, talkless of the one in an international Airport.
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by maclatunji: 2:28pm On May 16, 2012
mjconcept:
Guy i didn't get you clearly cos you mixing rice and ogbono soup.

grin grin grin grin grin

Anytime I see GEJ speaking, I see a man trying to escape responsibility. He is not like me, I take decisions and stick with them but with GEJ, you hear things like "Governors pushed me to remove oil subsidy", "MEND did not carry out October 1 bombing", "Maybe it is Nigeria's time to suffer terrorism".

Where is the leadership from GEJ in Nigeria? It is virtually non-existent. If he leads well, most of these things won't happen.
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 16, 2012
ELEVATORS TRAPPING IS A NORMAL OCCURRENCE DURING POWER OUTAGE, WHATS THIS OUTRAGE ABOUT ?
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by Fhemmmy: 2:30pm On May 16, 2012
maclatunji:

grin grin grin grin grin

Anytime I see GEJ speaking, I see a man trying to escape responsibility. He is not like me, I take decisions and stick with them but with GEJ, you hear things like "Governors pushed me to remove oil subsidy", "MEND did not carry out October 1 bombing", "Maybe it is Nigeria's time to suffer terrorism".

Why is the leadership from GEJ in Nigeria? It is virtually non-existent. If he leads well, most of these things won't happen.

Easy oh
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by stagger: 2:34pm On May 16, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Well the only elevator i know at the airport is obviously a death trap.

Even when there is light,sometimes it refuse to open.
Sometime it will just be moving up and down without stopping.
Sometimes it will even close when you still your hand is still on open button.

I have witnessed such once. The man inside was screaming at the top of his voice and instead of people helping, they were laughing away.
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by tjskii(f): 2:39pm On May 16, 2012
Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊ see,dts y I neva enta elevators anywher either in or out of naija,wat happened to those ple is lik a scene from one of my worst nightmares,only that in my dreams I end up suffocating to death cos help dosnt com ontime undecided
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:47pm On May 16, 2012
One day people will not only get trapped, the elevator will crash and kill the occupants - rather than penalizing those responsible and fixing the problem, you will get condolence speeches and a few monetary gifts to console the bereaved. It will only be fixed when the authorities have found dubious contractors who will inflate the figures and only when 2013 budget is announced
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by eddiejumpoff(m): 2:48pm On May 16, 2012
Dats is complete planned work...ders suppose to be a routine check @ dat airport at all tyms
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by Fhemmmy: 2:55pm On May 16, 2012
eddiejumpoff: Dats is complete planned work...ders suppose to be a routine check @ dat airport at all tyms

That is not possible in Nigeria now . . . Haba
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by supremebeing09: 3:04pm On May 16, 2012
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by supremebeing09: 3:04pm On May 16, 2012
LeoMax: ELEVATORS TRAPPING IS A NORMAL OCCURRENCE DURING POWER OUTAGE, WHATS THIS OUTRAGE ABOUT ?

SO YOU'RE INDIRECTLY SAYING POWER OUTAGE IN NIGERIA IS NORMAL WHATEVER COMES WITH IT SHOULD BE DEEMED NORMAL ALSO? ELEVATORS BREAKING DOWN OR HOUSES WITHOUT ADEQUATE POWER SUPPLY? RUBBISH.

POWER SUPPLY SHOULD BE CONSISTENT AND EQUALLY DISTRIBUTED, NOT A PRIVILEGE. THE OUTRAGE IS THAT THE POWER ISSUE IN THE NATION IS NOT DOMESTIC ANY MORE IF INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTS ARE AFFECTED. RATHER, IT IS BECOMING AN INTERNATIONAL CALAMITY. FOR THE POWER OUTAGE TO AFFECT MMIA, THAT RUBS MORE SALT TO NIGERIA'S ALREADY INFESTED INJURY!

LACK OF CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT AND BASIC MAINTAINANCE WITH AN OBVIOUS DISREGARD FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY.

DON'T MAKE EXCUSES. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Channels Forum On Police Academy Was Postponed / Federal Government Of North (FGN) Pictures. / Aregbesola Applauds Buhari On Recognising June 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.