Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,862 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins (6621 Views)

Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges / Jonathan Setting Traps For Buhari With Last-minute Appointments, Sack- Ikanya / Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:14pm On May 16, 2012
IKEJA- Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos, was, yesterday, thrown into darkness, while passengers and workers were trapped inside lifts for 45 minutes due to power outage.

The outage occurred at 12 noon.

According to an eye- witness, those trapped in the lifts were heard screaming and kicking inside for help.

He added that the people who were trapped also tried to force the lifts open, but could not.

The screaming of the trapped victims attracted the attention of Federal Aviation Airports Authority engineers, who had to go to the sixth floor to work on the lifts before they could force them open.

http://www.bellanaija.com/2012/05/15/power-outage-at-muritala-mohammed-airport-lagos-traps-people-inside-elevator-for-45-minutes/
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:17pm On May 16, 2012
Well the only elevator i know at the airport is obviously a death trap.

Even when there is light,sometimes it refuse to open.
Sometime it will just be moving up and down without stopping.
Sometimes it will even close when your hand is still on open button.

4 Likes

Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by abdulkayus(m): 12:38pm On May 16, 2012
Dat is 9ja for u, imagine d suppose best and busiest airport in 9ja do nt hav stable electricity and well functionin lift, hmmm oma se ooo, Allah ya kiyaye, tufiakwa, GEJ over to u

2 Likes

Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by Basics007: 12:38pm On May 16, 2012
What an harrowing experience that must've been for the people involved
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by sammirano: 12:43pm On May 16, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Well the only elevator i know at the airport is obviously a death trap.

Sometimes it will even close when you still your hand is still on open button.

Na wa o with this description.
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by Jabioro: 12:46pm On May 16, 2012
GEJ and Nnaji tech.afterall they wud soon distribute saviing energy bulb.clueless sets.

1 Like

Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by gulfer: 12:46pm On May 16, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Well the only elevator i know at the airport is obviously a death trap.

GEJ is working on your Facebook comments at this moment, so go and post this on his Facebook page! grin grin grin grin
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by olempe(m): 12:48pm On May 16, 2012
That's a shame to Nigeria as a country!!! Shior!!
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 16, 2012
That Airport looks like someones backyard.
and the elevator. . . . . God forbid bad thing!

1 Like

Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by Beaf1: 12:48pm On May 16, 2012
How can you take an elevator in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by maclatunji: 12:49pm On May 16, 2012
Nonsense, this is the work of detractors who don't want President Goodluck Ebele Azikwe Jonathan to succeed because he won a free and fair selection, next thing is for them to call for a probe and sacking of Ministers. Is it only in Nigeria that elevators fail? The people could have taken stairs now, but No! They wanted to copy Oyinbo man style. Do they even have elevators in their houses? GEJ is moving forward, elevator or no elevator.

#Cool cool

1 Like

Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by olayanju22(m): 12:51pm On May 16, 2012
Pls follow @iheanyi1 on twitter and get great insights at 5pm today Thanks
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by olempe(m): 12:56pm On May 16, 2012
maclatunji: Nonsense, this is the work of detractors who don't want President Goodluck Ebele Azikwe Jonathan to succeed because he won a free and fair selection, next thing is for them to call for a probe and sacking of Ministers. Is it only in Nigeria that elevators fail? The people could have taken stairs now, but No! They wanted to copy Oyinbo man style. Do they even have elevators in their houses? GEJ is moving forward, elevator or no elevator.

#Cool cool

Why would I take the stairs when there's an elevator bro?It's like telling me to use the post office for a simple letter when I can siply send an e-mail undecided undecided
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by recruitmnt: 12:59pm On May 16, 2012

I have personally experienced all of the above. Infact on a particular day it almost cut off my dads head! His body was inside, we were holding the open button and he tried to look out to call someone. All of a sudden the lift door started closing and the man didn't know the danger..lol
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by executinal(m): 1:03pm On May 16, 2012
Nigeria problem generally is lack of maintenance culture
Also are they no elevator technician that can use manual key to open the elevator embarassed embarassed
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by Gbawe: 1:04pm On May 16, 2012
olempe:

Why would I take the stairs when there's an elevator bro?It's like telling me to use the post office for a simple letter when I can siply send an e-mail undecided undecided

Sarcasm bro.
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by mjconcept(m): 1:11pm On May 16, 2012
Why are we blaming Gej for every bad thing happening to us no one is a perfect human being and sometimes we cause whats happening to us so pocket your frustrations inside.
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by mjconcept(m): 1:13pm On May 16, 2012
recruitmnt:

I have personally experienced all of the above. Infact on a particular day it almost cut off my dads head! His body was inside, we were holding the open button and he tried to look out to call someone. All of a sudden the lift door started closing and the man didn't know the danger..lol
Have you ever been to the airport before or are you just coking this up cool
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by yohannazack(m): 1:14pm On May 16, 2012
Electricity tariff has bin increasd even when there is no power. That is gej's govt fo u. Govt of liars and cheats. No shame no human feelin. He has added the tarriff effects frm 1st of june, 2012. May GOD deliva us frm the hands of dose shameless gudlock jonabad and his fellow criminals.
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by mjconcept(m): 1:16pm On May 16, 2012
executinal: Nigeria problem generally is lack of maintenance culture
Also are they no elevator technician that can use manual key to open the elevator embarassed embarassed
Exactly.

2 Likes

Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by tellwisdom: 1:19pm On May 16, 2012
Who ever thinks MMIA has elevator is and must be living in the dark!

2 Likes

Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by mjconcept(m): 1:20pm On May 16, 2012
yohanna zack: Electricity tariff has bin increasd even when there is no power. That is gej's govt fo u. Govt of liars and cheats. No shame no human feelin. He has added the tarriff effects frm 1st of june, 2012. May GOD deliva us frm the hands of dose shameless gudlock jonabad and his fellow criminals.
You cooked a nice soup only to add too much salt in it cool.Gej can't oversee all the projects been executed you should blame those under him they are the one subjecting us to all these sufferings.

1 Like

Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by mjconcept(m): 1:25pm On May 16, 2012
Jabioro: GEJ and Nnaji tech.afterall they wud soon distribute saviing energy bulb.clueless sets.
Guy energy saving bulbs will help save the amount of energy we consume thereby creating room for reduction in the cost of producing electricity think well bro.
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by newcast: 1:27pm On May 16, 2012
cryMust every fin bad b associated wif GEJ?
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by blacksta(m): 1:28pm On May 16, 2012
mmia is three floor building and cant even remember seeing any lift. Only mad people enter lifts in Nigeria
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by mjconcept(m): 1:29pm On May 16, 2012
newcast: cryMust every fin bad b associated wif GEJ?
Thanks for that statement, you know some of nlanders are suffering from myopia.cool
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by mjconcept(m): 1:32pm On May 16, 2012
blacksta: mmia is three floor building and cant even remember seeing any lift. Only mad people enter lifts in Nigeria
Dont add fuel to ur burning house,by the way are you a Nigerian.
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by Fhemmmy: 1:36pm On May 16, 2012
This is nothing but a shame on the nation called Nigeria . . .

1 Like

Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by mjconcept(m): 1:37pm On May 16, 2012
Fhemmmy: This is nothing but a shame on the nation called Nigeria . . .
Yes and you are a shameful thing.

1 Like

Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by Dagods(m): 1:43pm On May 16, 2012
grin
sammirano:

Na wa o with this description.
[color=#006600][
ha ha ha Nigeria jaga jaga everything scatter scatter...una never hala..pssss
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by onyxo76(m): 1:45pm On May 16, 2012
thank God i don't enter elevators there... can't trust the power not to go off suddenly while am in it...and to think it happens in the presence of visitors to nigeria!!hmmm!!
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:46pm On May 16, 2012
Nigerians there is no need to panic people get trapped in elevators everyday and everywhere. GEJ has listened to your facebook comments and will swing into action by June 2012

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Now Realize Buhari Is Worse Than Jonathan – Falana Cries Out / Buhari,Atiku Not Educated Enough To Rule Nigeria,Says Olawepo-Hashim / FLASH NEWS!! Jigawa Cabinet Heads To APC!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.