Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,459 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins (6631 Views)

Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges / Jonathan Setting Traps For Buhari With Last-minute Appointments, Sack- Ikanya / Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by supremebeing09: 3:08pm On May 16, 2012
maclatunji:

I have being toying with you, I was being sarcastic- you sabi yab small sha. tongue grin

I DO NOT INTEND TO "YAB". MY INTENTION WAS TO ENLIGHTEN MY FELLOW NIGERIANS THAT SOME THINGS HAVE BECOME UNACCEPTABLE BY ANY STANDARD IN NIGERIA AND WE SHOULD NOT OVERLOOK THE SMALL DETAILS BECAUSE IGNORING THE BIGGER DETAILS WOULD PRESENT EVEN BIGGER PROBLEMS FOR THE COUNTRY. THAT'S ALL.
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by Bastiger(m): 3:15pm On May 16, 2012
Hahahaha, 9ja 4 lyf!!
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by asudan: 3:53pm On May 16, 2012
This is not d first time this happening and most of u r pointing finger @ GEJ.In d first place y wil d airport depend on PHCN knowing fully well dat there is bound to be power failure.pls leave GEJ and Nnaji alone they r not d cause of what happen-it has been inherited fro previous government.Those barking,if given an opportunity,u would do worst than others cos u will be tempted.
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:00pm On May 16, 2012
asudan: This is not d first time this happening and most of u r pointing finger @ GEJ.In d first place y wil d airport depend on PHCN knowing fully well dat there is bound to be power failure.pls leave GEJ and Nnaji alone they r not d cause of what happen-it has been inherited fro previous government.Those barking,if given an opportunity,u would do worst than others cos u will be tempted.

The simple excuse of problem inheritance is what has brought us here today from Buhari/Idiagbon-IBB-Abacha-Abdulsalami-OBJ-Yar-Adua-GEJ.. the excuse game should stop because it is simply a shameless deception that gullible Nigerians have come to accept. you have a budget and strong influence in appointing officers to drive this economy from the mud. yet you claim you cannot solve problems created by past governments - so we should continue to wait for ever because GEJ inherited problems from Yar-adua .. Please, please please please. give up the excuse and take action. verifiable, feasible and transparent action
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by supremebeing09: 4:01pm On May 16, 2012
asudan: This is not d first time this happening and most of u r pointing finger @ GEJ.In d first place y wil d airport depend on PHCN knowing fully well dat there is bound to be power failure.pls leave GEJ and Nnaji alone they r not d cause of what happen-it has been inherited fro previous government.Those barking,if given an opportunity,u would do worst than others cos u will be tempted.

RUBBISH. RUBBISH. RUBBISH. ANOTHER IGNORANT TALK. NO, I SHOULD BE POINTING MY FINGERS TO THE SKY, NOT AT THOSE IN CHARGE OF MAINTAINING LAW AND ORDER. YOU'RE A FOOL AT IT. SO THE AIRPORT SHOULD NOT DEPEND ON THEIR GOVERNMENT FOR ADEQUATE ELECTRICITY, RATHER, THEY SHOULD PROVIDE FOR THEMSELVES? F**ING IGNORANT TW@T.

CONTINUE TO DECEIVE YOURSELF AND JUSTIFY YOUR CONSCIENCE BY BLAMING THE PREVIOUS GOVERNMENT. I WONDER WHY NEW GOVERNMENTS ARE ELECTED IF THAT WAS THE CASE. THOSE BASTARDS IN POWER (INCLUDING YOUR FATHER JONATHAN), SHOULD FIX UP, WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE...

1 Like

Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by Fhemmmy: 4:01pm On May 16, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

The simple excuse of problem inheritance is what has brought us here today from Buhari/Idiagbon-IBB-Abacha-Abdulsalami-OBJ-Yar-Adua-GEJ.. the excuse game should stop because it is simply a shameless deception that gullible Nigerians have come to accept. you have a budget and strong influence in appointing officers to drive this economy from the mud. yet you claim you cannot solve problems created by past governments - so we should continue to wait for ever because GEJ inherited problems from Yar-adua .. Please, please please please. give up the excuse and take action. verifiable, feasible and transparent action

You could say that again
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by supremebeing09: 4:05pm On May 16, 2012
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by supremebeing09: 4:05pm On May 16, 2012
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by supremebeing09: 4:07pm On May 16, 2012

THERE IS BOUND TO BE POWER FAILURE IN YOUR FATHER'S VILLAGE, NOT MINE. IT IS A BASIC HUMAN RIGHT TO LIVE WITH ABUNDANT POWER SUPPLY. IT IS NOT A GIFT, BUT A GIVEN. ILLITERATE AND IGNORANT BASTARD.

LIKE SOMEONE MENTIONED, give up the excuse and take action. verifiable, feasible and transparent action
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by Onyenna(m): 4:10pm On May 16, 2012
....What a shame!!!!. This is something that could have been averted with simple maintenance....FG should arrest those in charge of MMIA....
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by Fhemmmy: 4:11pm On May 16, 2012
Onyenna: ....What a shame!!!!. This is something that could have been averted with simple maintenance....FG should arrest those in charge of MMIA....

Who will arrest the leader that might have refused to give the money for maintenance?
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by cesil92: 4:57pm On May 16, 2012
Good for them..That serves them right..

I believe some top influential men and Oyinbos were among those trapped
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by Fhemmmy: 4:58pm On May 16, 2012
cesil92: Good for them..That serves them right..

I believe some top influential men and Oyinbos were among those trapped

Dont be too sure . . .
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by supremebeing09: 5:09pm On May 16, 2012
mjconcept:
You cooked a nice soup only to add too much salt in it cool.Gej can't oversee all the projects been executed you should blame those under him they are the one subjecting us to all these sufferings.

Jonathan is the COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF, not a half-arsed puppet. Actually, he IS a half-arsed puppet.
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by Fhemmmy: 6:22pm On May 16, 2012
supremebeing09:

Jonathan is the COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF, not a half-arsed puppet. Actually, he IS a half-arsed puppet.

cool
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by Ejine(m): 7:42pm On May 16, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Well the only elevator i know at the airport is obviously a death trap.

Even when there is light,sometimes it refuse to open.
Sometime it will just be moving up and down without stopping.
Sometimes it will even close when you still your hand is still on open button.

I've experienced the EXACT thing once!
I got into the elevator alone, and was set to reach the top floor. And then all of a sudden, I heard this strange noise from underneath my feet like the elevator had lost one of its cords. And to my shock, as soon as it hit the top floor, it started going down again, with the door vibrating like it was stuck somewhere, and right behind me, I felt the sound of two metals rubbing heavily against each other like the rusty gate from an abandoned cemetry, with the elevator moving up and down in a ping pong fashion.

I swear, I almost practically URINATED on myself! And you needed to see the sweat running down my entire body. I looked like I had just come out of a swimming pool!
And I found myself praying, "Oh God, if you ever help me survive this, I promise to delete all the p0rn in my laptop, and I MEAN it this time!"
After what seemed like an eternity, with me at the brink of using my trousers as a toilet; the elevator eventually went back to that top floor, with the door opening in a rather lazy, reluctant fashion.

Lord have mercy! So much for Nigeria's busiest airport.
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by Upright750: 7:50pm On May 16, 2012
LOL i said this.. i have being there for thousand time and i refused to use it. i know how the good and maintained elevator work. I told my friend that i will never use this lifter that i don't trust this workers here. even if they have power outage . at least they must have emergency call number for the elevator service center there in the airport . once they have call for emergency they will rush for rescue. But this one if different case. I think they must be waiting for bribe before they could rescue them because the second name of that airport is bribe. i can tell you that or you as any one who always travel out. Please apart from 5 star hotel in Nigeria .. never use any lifter in Nigeria .. na war be that and the power can go out any giving time. failed country. But God will help us.
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by Fhemmmy: 7:53pm On May 16, 2012
^^^ Interesting . . .
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by kilimanjaro(m): 8:20pm On May 16, 2012
maclatunji: Nonsense, this is the work of detractors who don't want President Goodluck Ebele Azikwe Jonathan to succeed because he won a free and fair selection, next thing is for them to call for a probe and sacking of Ministers. Is it only in Nigeria that elevators fail? The people could have taken stairs now, but No! They wanted to copy Oyinbo man style. Do they even have elevators in their houses? GEJ is moving forward, elevator or no elevator.

#Cool cool
Sir, u make no sense!
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by otokx(m): 8:55pm On May 16, 2012
So there are people who actually attempt to go into lifts in Nigeria? Smh
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by lyfe(m): 10:24pm On May 16, 2012
Ejiné:

I've experienced the EXACT thing once!
I got into the elevator alone, and was set to reach the top floor. And then all of a sudden, I heard this strange noise from underneath my feet like the elevator had lost one of its cords. And to my shock, as soon as it hit the top floor, it started going down again, with the door vibrating like it was stuck somewhere, and right behind me, I felt the sound of two metals rubbing heavily against each other like the rusty gate from an abandoned cemetry, with the elevator moving up and down in a ping pong fashion.

I swear, I almost practically URINATED on myself! And you needed to the sweat running down my entire body. I looked like I had just come out of a swimming pool!
And I found myself praying, "Oh God, if you ever help me survive this, I promise to delete all the p0rn in my laptop, and I MEAN it this time!"
After what seemed like an eternity, with me at the brink of using my trousers as a toilet; the elevator eventually went back to that top floor, with the door opening in a rather lazy, reluctant fashion.

Lord have mercy! So much for Nigeria's busiest airport.

Eleda ooooo. Not funny at all, did you eventually delete the p0rn?

I had a similar problem inside one stupid bank metal detector. I entered the machine after several beeps, only to get stuck inside, I could not enter d banking hall, I could not go out. One minute to two minutes, and I started loosing my breathe and feeling dizzy. The security man was moving up and down and did not know what to do himself, he was pressing the switches inside nothing worked. two minutes tÙrned to eternity that I was thinking that the news in the following day headline would read "A man got trapped and di*d in a bank metal detector"
To cut the fat story thin, I was let out..I didn't bother to do anything again for that day.
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by debedebe(m): 11:29pm On May 16, 2012
Tufiapah........
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by mallambature: 12:12am On May 17, 2012
I think I will write a book it will be titled " Nigeria - Shame of a Nation".
I bet it won't sell.
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by mallambature: 12:13am On May 17, 2012
I think I will write a book it will be titled " Nigeria - Shame of a Nation".
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by dasparrow: 4:21am On May 17, 2012
Upright750: LOL i said this.. i have being there for thousand time and i refused to use it. i know how the good and maintained elevator work. I told my friend that i will never use this lifter that i don't trust this workers here. even if they have power outage . at least they must have emergency call number for the elevator service center there in the airport . once they have call for emergency they will rush for rescue. But this one if different case. I think they must be waiting for bribe before they could rescue them because the second name of that airport is bribe. i can tell you that or you as any one who always travel out. Please apart from 5 star hotel in Nigeria .. never use any lifter in Nigeria .. na war be that and the power can go out any giving time. failed country. But God will help us.

@Bolded

God helps those who help themselves. Since most Nigerians don't want to wake up and smell the coffee and do something about the constantly degenerating condition of the country and would rather keep quiet while her leaders loot, then expect no help from Almighty God.
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:25am On May 17, 2012
VULCAN: @OYINBOGOJU,

Bruv u almost killed me with laughter describing the lift cheesy . I had to struggle to hold down the guffaws as people are around me.

Both of u shud take it easy as my chest almost caved in with laughter at both posts cheesy

But that aside is a bit shameful that some people can be so unobservant as not to notice the 2 lifts @ MMIA. Obviously some dont go to airport more than once or twice a decade. At the bottom of each stairwell that take you from arrival to departure resides a lift. Close to the toilets. Someone who works in the airport should pls take pics for the benefit of the doubting thomases. lol

Few months ago when my Oyinbo wife tried to take picture
See me see trouble,One stupid dirty illiterate young boko haram police officer came to us to seize the camera,that picture is not allowed at the airport
My family was really proud of me,the way i stood up for them lambast the hell out of him.
Day light robbery cos he wanted to rub us of our expensive camera.
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by Nobody: 6:11am On May 17, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Well the only elevator i know at the airport is obviously a death trap.

Even when there is light,sometimes it refuse to open.
Sometime it will just be moving up and down without stopping.
Sometimes it will even close when your hand is still on open button.

Are you serious? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by cindyrella(f): 10:14am On May 17, 2012
I was trapped in an elevator once for about 5 minutes or so, it felt like hell. Not to talk of 45 minutes... shocked choi I can't begin to imagine how they felt.....

Fresh Air........grin grin grin
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by Fhemmmy: 2:22pm On May 17, 2012
cindyrella: I was trapped in an elevator once for about 5 minutes or so, it felt like hell. Not to talk of 45 minutes... shocked choi I can't begin to imagine how they felt.....

Fresh Air........grin grin grin

That is why Nigeria is uniquely upseide down, and i am sure no compensation for the Trapped sef
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by Emmyk(m): 5:37am On May 18, 2012
Oyinbogoju and d Oda guy dat d elevator almost cut his dad's head. Damn! You guys are hilarious! Buhahahaahahaahah
Re: Power Outage At MMIA , Traps People Inside Elevator For 45 mins by olayinkaj2(m): 8:52am On May 18, 2012
Its not a new thing. What do u expect when u do not have light in ur house and u expect power to be stable at the airport. Why can't they make use of the stairs? They are trying to belong, onpe! when they know the unreliability of our airports....God save them that there are engineers around, they would have waited there till after lunch.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC To Present A Northerner As Presidential Candidate In 2023 / One Of The Two Is Your Next President. / Gov Mbah Announces N25,000 Cash Awards To Enugu State Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.