Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,990 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo (10343 Views)

Nigeria Would’ve Collapsed Had Officials Of My Govt Stole That Much- Jonathan / Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari / Solution To Electricity Problem In Nigeria. Take Note. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by doctokwus: 9:40am On May 17, 2012
Azazi,Tukur,Sambo,everybody now seems to treat GEJ as a ceremonial president.His wife too came out lamenting d other time,something tells me there is sth they all know about GEJ,a sort of blackmail tool(maybe a massive skeleton in his cupboard) dat is making dem to b so vociferous,indignant& utterly contemptous of GEJ
Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by Nobody: 9:45am On May 17, 2012
So does he want to resurrect the late president?
Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by Arosa(m): 9:50am On May 17, 2012
I don't want to be in GEJ shoes right now. If one has no confidence in his boss isn't it better to resign?
Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by PhysicsQED(m): 9:52am On May 17, 2012
Sambo is a complete dunce. Even a blind man could see that at the tortoise like pace Yar'Adua was going even at the beginning before he became extremely ill, he would have achieved very little in 8 years, whether in electricity or any other area.

Even the few steps taken by the GEJ administration so far show more seriousness about tackling the electricity problem than his predecessor's administration.

2 Likes

Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by miteolu(m): 9:54am On May 17, 2012
Mr. Sambo you can take up this electricity assignment. Dont you have n[b]othing[/b] to assist GEJ since he couldnt or both of you sleep and head up to the same side.
Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by Nobody: 9:54am On May 17, 2012
cyril83: mind u today is may 17,14 dayz remaining...dnt worry I knw ur address
T.B Joshua even said it that sometin will happen b4 JUNE 1. i predicted a coup due to the turn out of events since azzazi's comments. wetin u dey rant abt my address for?
Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by maclatunji: 10:00am On May 17, 2012
Jenams: T.B Joshua even said it that sometin will happen b4 JUNE 1. i predicted a coup due to the turn out of events since azzazi's comments. wetin u dey rant abt my address for?

Who be dis? Things happen every day, tomorrow's newspaper headlines are being acted-out today. Shaking my head at your gullibility.
Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by Eazeee(m): 10:01am On May 17, 2012
how i wish i hav d power 2 destroy. i certainly wud hav destroy all of dem Buhari,Sambo,GEJ,Atiku & all nigerian politicians. dey re our problem cos dey keep talkin n disclosin rubbish on daily basis without addressin d problem..Like GEJ said our military is very weak hence dey cant even topple his SICK govt..NO WONDER ITS DIFICULT 4 NAIJA 2 BEAT D LIKE OF ERITREA,ANGOLA,BENIN REP,CHARD E.T.C IN SPORT

1 Like

Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by Vergil: 10:01am On May 17, 2012
This country......
And her citizens are used to standing and watching....

Smh
Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by akpanbaba: 10:03am On May 17, 2012
This is wonderful.So Yar'adua went with the key to solving our electricity problem.You should have told us long before the burial of Ikemba because we could have sent to Yar.adua .Now we have to wait for the death of a very important person in Nigeria who will be in position to talk to our late president to return the key to electricity problem.

2 Likes

Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by Two4Two(m): 10:05am On May 17, 2012
Stupid people who do they think that they can deceive. This simply means that they cannot fix this problem and they are refering to a dead man to come and assist them to fix our light. This adminstratin is a woefull failure.
Guys what do you think

2 Likes

Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by Onyenna(m): 10:07am On May 17, 2012
emiye: His statement somewhat implies "A vote of no confidence on his current boss"

Not just his boss alone, he(sambo) should be ashamed of himself as well.....it doesn't end there oohh!!..including obj, ibb, buhari etc.....all of them!!
Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by uncleb(m): 10:13am On May 17, 2012
wellmax: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Power Problem – Sambo

Vice-President Namadi Sambo, on Tuesday, said the illness and eventual death of late President Umaru Yar’Adua denied Nigerians the benefits of being led by a leader who saw himself as a servant.

He said Yar’Adua’s seven-point agenda and the emergency he declared in the power sector would have solved the lingering electricity problem in the country if not for his death.

Sambo made the observation during the public presentation of a book titled, ‘The Servant Leader: 2-3 Years Presidential Watershed of late President Umar Yar’Adua’, in Abuja.

“His seven-point agenda was coherent and many felt that when that was faithfully implemented, it would be the answer to the myriad of problems plaguing the nation and that it would remove the nation from the quagmire of incessant darkness into light,” Sambo said.

The vice-president said as an apostle of servant leadership, Yar’Adua was genuinely committed to serving Nigerians meritoriously until death cut short his desire.

He said, “The late President popularised the concept of servant leadership in Nigeria.

“It is a generally held belief that the late Yar’Adua had wanted to genuinely and meritoriously serve the Nigerian people up till the end, but his illness and eventual death cut short this avowed intention and service to the nation.”

Sambo recalled that as a servant leader, Yar’Adua expressed love for all Nigerians and showed genuine affection for all without discrimination or bias.

Describing him as a listening leader, the vice-president recalled that Yar’Adua, in many instances, reversed certain key government decisions.

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/yaradua-wouldve-fixed-power-problem-sambo/

According to Mr V.P below are his assessment of former HOS and his boss, uncle Joe.

Yaradua

Servant leader
listened to people
Reversed bad govt policies, including reduction in pump price of petrol twice

Jonathan

Not here to serve but to defraud people and enrich himself and his political associates
Does his own will and never care what people say or feel
Pursues agenda that inflicts pains on masses, increase in fuel price, electricity supply worsened and they are still talki g of increasing tarrif.

I hope he (VP) and PDP understand the implication of this
Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by Lex1(m): 10:29am On May 17, 2012
[b][/b]
afam4eva: How are we sure that Yaradua would have carried through? He's dead so we will never know. It's funny how even in death people that achieved nothing are seen as heroes.
afam4eva: How are we sure that Yaradua would have carried through? He's dead so we will never know. It's funny how even in death people that achieved nothing are seen as heroes.

At least he droped fuel price, dat was increased by his VP now President... What a Transformation Agenda.

1 Like

Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by Nobody: 10:34am On May 17, 2012
maclatunji:

Who be dis? Things happen every day, tomorrow's newspaper headlines are being acted-out today. Shaking my head at your gullibility.
u were so in a hurry to dish out insults, forgetin to see dat i was only speculatin base on d turn out of events. i knw d level of education has gone down d drain but atleast where is ur common sense?
Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by Lex1(m): 10:35am On May 17, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Aiight someone help me out here. . .is Beaf suffering from multiple personality?

Guess he is jst waking up 4rm is long sleep. Beaf! Beaf!! Beaf!!!

Please I need to know before I put the final payment on the wedding band.
Sisi_Kill: Aiight someone help me out here. . .is Beaf suffering from multiple personality?

Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by Chanchit: 10:43am On May 17, 2012
Onlytruth:

These core Northerners are all the same. Imagine someone's VP stabbing him in the back. This is why Obasanjo tried severally to drop Atiku.
Obasanjo head too strong for them, if sambo try this with Obasanjo, e go smell nyash, like Atiku still dey smell... Bt dis our retardeen presido takes almost anything.... Cud'nt stop lafin', when i saw him in a military uniform..
Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by juman(m): 10:47am On May 17, 2012
The problems of power sector are very big, I don't think President Yar'adua was serious enough to tackle them.

Considering the way he handled the issue of sixteen billion dollars spent by the failed OBJ on power sector.
Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by Chanchit: 10:58am On May 17, 2012
I would have loved to see a coup staged, to seize power from this weak government, bt if a northerner should take over, kasala go burst for 9ja, if Igbo man takes over, he wud declear Biafra rep', the nxt day... The only 2 zones dt won't bring too much problem is for the SS to seize power frm their son, or d SW..
Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by Demdem(m): 10:59am On May 17, 2012
emiye: His statement somewhat implies "A vote of no confidence on his current boss"

It's no news that the retardeen is a lame duck. He is currently a disaster.

1 Like

Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by Funkymallam(m): 11:00am On May 17, 2012
The VP was just eugolising the dead man.
Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by luv2talk(m): 11:07am On May 17, 2012
honeric01: Bloody 2015 Controversy: CPC Replies Jonathan On Buhari:

By Rotimi Fashakin
The Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, has noted the response of Dr Goodluck Jonathan, as President of Nigeria, to the altruistic statement credited to our National Leader, General Muhammadu Buhari (GMB) wherein he had stated inter-alia dire consequences for the perpetual riggers of our electoral process in 2015. In the statement signed by Dr. Reuben Abati, Special Adviser to the President on Media, GMB was grotesquely characterized as a sectional leader.

First, GMB has been out of office as Head of Government for about 28 years, yet his relevance to the Nigerian nation is something firmly acknowledged by a broad spectrum of Nigerians, including his adversaries. As Head of State, his Oil Minister was Professor Tam David-West, a Kalabari man in Rivers state. As a Leader, he created the ambience for his ministers to work unobtrusively and devoid of executive meddlesomeness. But what do we find with Dr Goodluck Jonathan? All the appointees as Oil ministers in his two-year reign thus far as President of Nigeria have been Nigerians of Ijaw extraction, like himself!

Second, in October 1, 2010, there was a bomb blast during the year’s independence anniversary celebrations, with attendant deaths of many Nigerians. Without waiting for any preliminary report from the Security Agencies, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, as President, told a traumatized Nation, “it is not MEND!” Meanwhile, MEND is the name for the militant group from Dr Good-luck Jonathan’s ethnic extraction that had in the immediate past waged relentless and potent insurgency against the Nigerian state but had been placated with more slice of the Nation’s resources ceded to the region. Indeed, MEND impugned the President’s statement and admitted responsibility.

Third, so far as President of Nigeria, Dr Good-luck Jonathan has shown very generous affinity for Nigerians of Ijaw stock in terms of appointments and promotions in the Federal Public sector. There is a marked lopsidedness that smacks of clannishness and ethnocentrism by the President!

On Corruption and sleazy tendency, the Jonathan administration transcends all others before it! Nigerians are still befuddled by the impeachable show of arbitrariness by the regime in expending N2.67Trillion on fuel subsidy instead of the appropriated N240Billion in the 2011 appropriation act. As expected, the regime has attempted all manner of subterfuge to give Executive cover for the indicted people in the scam, who were the bank-rollers of the President’s electioneering campaign. Could it be that the missing money was funneled deliberately to the Jonathan Presidential Campaigns, with the acquiescence of the President?

GMB was quoted as saying that the Jonathan-led Federal Government is the greatest Boko-Haram. Understandably, this elicited awful response from the President. In a jejune, puerile, and very pedestrian communication, the presidential spokesman defined Boko-Haram as “Western education is sin” and went on to posit the administration’s investment in Education. How awkwardly inane could that be?!

It is common knowledge that Boko-Haram has become the euphemism for subtlety in devious schemes that cause mass killings of the innocents! As GMB aptly stated, Boko Haram has three variants, with varying degrees of severity and murderous content: the original Boko-haram that seeks to avenge the extra-judicial killing of its Leader by the Nigeria Police; the Boko Haram that pursues criminality for monetary gains and of course, the Political Boko-haram that is bent on setting the stage for ethno-religious pogrom in the Nigerian nation. It is the Political Boko Haram, with its extremely lethal content, that the Jonathan-led Federal Government represents!

·

In January 2012, Dr Good-luck Jonathan told a bewildered nation, still smarting from murderous Bombings, that his government has been infiltrated by Boko Haram.

·

In February 2012, a serving PDP senator from Borno South (Mohammed Ali Ndume) was arrested for being a member of Boko Haram.

·

In March 2012, Ndume deposed to an affidavit before a Federal High Court wherein he stated that Vice-President Namadi Sambo was aware of his activities with Boko Haram.

·

In April 2012, General Andrew Owoeye Azazi , the National Security Adviser, averred that there was indisputable proof that Boko Haram is PDP. As things stand, President Good-luck Jonathan is the national leader of PDP.

· In April 2012, Henry Okah (while standing trial on Terrorism charges) deposed to an affidavit before a South African court that President Good-luck Jonathan was the sponsor of the October 1, 2010 bombing at Eagle square. It is on record that as governor of a Niger-delta state, Dr Good-luck Jonathan (together with his brother governors) had used the MEND to command the attention of the Nigerian state.

· As a Party, we are aware of the role played by Jonathan’s PDP in the way the People’s post-electoral angst (at the subversion of their electoral will) was turned into murderous ethno-religious mayhem.

· We are also aware about how the Jonathan administration has consistently used the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) under the leadership of his fellow Niger-delta Nigerian, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, to demonize GMB in the despicable attempt to veil the murderous intent of the administration.

Meanwhile, with the hullaballoo that Dr Jonathan and his PDP elements have unwittingly caused within the Polity, should it be interpreted that there is a real effort towards ensuring that the 2015 election is also rigged as before in giving vim to the PDP Leaders’ claim of ruling Nigeria for 60 years? As a Nation, we are witnesses to the manner in which rigged elections have foisted on the Nation cluelessness in governance and rapacious impudence; it is indeed a dreary road to tread.

We insist that it is never ignoble to lose elections because President Abraham Lincoln, before being reputed to be the best American President that ever existed, was known to have lost elections several times. GMB, though lost Presidential elections three times to the rigging collusion of the Nigerian presidency and the electoral umpire, took the loss each time (like Abraham Lincoln) with equanimity!

In the meantime, we shall continue to trumpet the sterling qualities of the Buhari brand which is still a rarity among the Political players in our nation’s season of anomie. We stand unwaveringly by the statement credited to GMB!

God bless Nigeria.

Rotimi Fashakin (Engr.)

National Publicity Secretary, CPC

(Wednesday, 16th May, 2012).
http://saharareporters.com/press-release/bloody-2015-controversy-cpc-replies-jonathan-buhari
Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by Demdem(m): 11:07am On May 17, 2012
dayokanu:

Let me ask you, Can yuo even leave your personal poultry to Jonathan to care for while you are away?

His incompetence has always shined through whether at bayelsa or as VP. Its better to let your chicken roam in the wild than hand over to retardeen

Exactly. It pains me to the marrow to see people languishing in ignorance. The retardeen is so useless. Damn.
Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by ochiaha1(m): 11:08am On May 17, 2012
So, what are you, Sambo, and your Boss doing to solve this problem of lack of constant electricity supply, at least in order to sustain the legacy Yar' Adua dreamed of leaving for the Nation?

In no other way has the current Administration dispalyed its inept attitude than in the area of power supply, oh and security.

The Obasanjo Administration is remembered for the revolution it introduced in the Telecom Sector. Will this Government be remembered as the one that finally laid PHCN to rest and with it our hopes for constant and reliable electricity supply?

Right now little children are developing boils all over their bodies, while Adults have invasive heat-rashes all over them coupled with the inability to sleep at night, companies are folding and relocating to other countries all due to the lack of electricity supply.

When will Sambo and his boss wake up and take the bull of power outage by the horns and restore constant electricity supply? angry
Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by iaabc(f): 11:11am On May 17, 2012
akpanbaba: This is wonderful.So Yar'adua went with the key to solving our electricity problem.You should have told us long before the burial of Ikemba because we could have sent to Yar.adua .Now we have to wait for the death of a very important person in Nigeria who will be in position to talk to our late president to return the key to electricity problem.

1 Like

Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by egift(m): 11:15am On May 17, 2012
Chanchit:
Obasanjo head too strong for them, if sambo try this with Obasanjo, e go smell nyash, like Atiku stick dey smell... Bt dis our retardeen presido takes almost anything.... Cud'nt stop lafin', when i saw him in a military uniform..

He was hoping by changing costume, he could appear serious - what a mindset! An earthworm remains one, no matter the appearance.
Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by Onasa22: 11:15am On May 17, 2012
Sambo and all his northern brothers in GEJ administration are backstabbers who are out to rubbish the President. GEJ should know that he is dining with Gboko Haram as members of his cabinet. Betrayer!
Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by egift(m): 11:16am On May 17, 2012
juman: The problems of power sector are very big, I don't think President Yar'adua was serious enough to tackle them.

Considering the way he handled the sixteen billion dollars spent by the failed OBJ on power sector.

^^juman: If fixing Nigeria's problem is too big for Jonathan, then he should step aside (No bi by force). He should stop holding Nigerians hostage and drowning us at the same time.

For Yar'Adua: as ill as he was he proved he was a lot better than Jona, see his antecedents:
- He is the only Governor in Nigeria who left a verifiable Billions of Naira when handing over. (GEJ ate up and left debt)
- He reduced fuel price twice down to N65. (GEJ in one swoop raised it to N95, against the will of everyone)
- Yar'Adua supported Due Process, at least two Governors in his party that lost elections he actively supported the implementation of the ruling. (GEJ single-highhandedly campaigned and installed the current Bayelsa Governor).
- When Yar'Adua was elected, he acknowledged the discrepancies in his election, setup a panel to recommend how to eliminate such. (When GEJ took over he watered down the report, even left out the major recommendations, only to give awards to those that helped produced his Magic Numbers at the polls. Today those that were caught with self-printed election materials are all free and smiling)

1 Like

Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by Turbocharged: 11:19am On May 17, 2012
This is insubordination to the highest level. Nama-di Sambo think we don't he is the one responsible for the electricity as the chairman of The National Council.
Folks read this article and know who should be blamed http://economicconfidential.net/new/news/state-news/291-governors-forum-challenges-sambo-on-electricity-and-electoral-reforms
Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by beafroast: 11:20am On May 17, 2012
i dey siddon 4 floor lyk aboki dey look...
Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by Baawaa(m): 11:21am On May 17, 2012
PDP is the corruption that is sucking this country cool cool
Re: Yar’adua Would’ve Fixed Electricity Problem – Sambo by Nobody: 11:26am On May 17, 2012
IT IS called LIFE, WHEN YOUR BEST FRIEND AND VP CAN Zap YOU THRU ANUS. ITS INTERESTING HOW THESE POLITICIANS ARE EMBITTERED, OBVIOUSLY GEJ NEEDS ANOTHER RUNNING MATE, FOR 2015. I SUGGEST DAVID MARK

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Navy Kills 13 Militants In Delta / Breaking News !final Results From Delta State Finally Out / In Kano, Speaker Tambuwal Requests Amnesty For Boko Haram!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.