Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

How Valuable Is Online Degree? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Valuable Is Online Degree? (22232 Views)

How Valuable Is Getting A Degree In Some Courses These Days / How Valuable Is A Masters Certificate From National Open University / How Valuable Is A Medical Lab Tech Certificate In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by acason: 1:56pm On May 28, 2012
tolukosimi and sopapa...what courses are you engaging in at UOL? I have been offered an admission this year to study Economics and Finance.Are u for EMFSS or Law?because from my research many Nigerians go for the law and infotech.
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by keleto(m): 10:08pm On May 28, 2012
no body is talking about university of south africa unisa.......na wa for una oooo
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by otinwa(m): 10:45pm On May 28, 2012
amossainty: Pls house, who is currently studying online here ? I need details on how the lectures works and how they conduct their exams..

check my older post, all info needed is there. I study @ University of People @ www.uopeople.org
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by sopapa(f): 11:37am On May 29, 2012
@ akason: I'm currently in my 3rd Module International Management (Oil and Gas Track) University of Liverpool. The fees are not cheap (app $19,000; depending on your payment plan) and its accredited worldwide. In my class, I have CEOs and Managing Directors of Multinationals as classmates and we interact through a forum quite like this (its called a blackboard). If you want to learn, go to the schools website http://www.liv.ac.uk/study/online/ and request a call back. If you just want a degree without working hard, look elsewhere because when you start,you will see your assignments in your dreams... grin

3 Likes

Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 29, 2012
keleto: no body is talking about university of south africa unisa.......na wa for una oooo

I have two friends doing UNISA and I think it is fair easy cos they never do much course work and just look at me as if i am sitting for Research Interview lol
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 29, 2012
acason: tolukosimi and sopapa...what courses are you engaging in at UOL? I have been offered an admission this year to study Economics and Finance.Are u for EMFSS or Law?because from my research many Nigerians go for the law and infotech.

Yeah... Most of them are Law students... I am doing CIS... Computing and Information Systems... 3rd Year... final
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 29, 2012
sopapa: @ akason: I'm currently in my 3rd Module International Management (Oil and Gas Track) University of Liverpool. The fees are not cheap (app $19,000; depending on your payment plan) and its accredited worldwide. In my class, I have CEOs and Managing Directors of Multinationals as classmates and we interact through a forum quite like this (its called a blackboard). If you want to learn, go to the schools website http://www.liv.ac.uk/study/online/ and request a call back. If you just want a degree without working hard, look elsewhere because when you start,you will see your assignments in your dreams... grin

hahahaha.... I even dreamt to the extent of writing exams and stuffs... its not easy
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by keleto(m): 8:47am On May 30, 2012
tolukosimi:

I have two friends doing UNISA and I think it is fair easy cos they never do much course work and just look at me as if i am sitting for Research Interview lol
@TOLUKOSIMI pls pls can u link me up with dem.i use God beg u ooo.just really want to find out so many things about the programme.pls is urgent. Dis my mail.....raphdouglas@yahoo.co.uk
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by keleto(m): 12:25pm On May 31, 2012
still waiting
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by Smartdoy(m): 11:06pm On May 31, 2012
Had_one: But graduation @ NOUN is the only wahala.
how?
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 02, 2012
keleto:
@TOLUKOSIMI pls pls can u link me up with dem.i use God beg u ooo.just really want to find out so many things about the programme.pls is urgent. Dis my mail.....raphdouglas@yahoo.co.uk

Just sent you an email.
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by amossainty: 7:45pm On Jun 02, 2012
otinwa:

check my older post, all info needed is there. I study @ University of People @ www.uopeople.org

how much do u spend annually studyin with UOP ? Cos i've heard about the school,.... I even registered on their site
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by pixmix: 9:33pm On Jun 02, 2012
FEMARY1: Pixmix thanks for this info God bless you.I check on both sites,globalcourses admission is dissabled.Please how much is the fees?Please can you throw more lights on this programmes?

agh yeah just checked. well maybe their changing site or maybe their admissions is closed? not sure best to get in touch with them. and oscail is another great point to check out, but their site is also disabled and moved to main dcu site so bit hard to find, as dcu is over-sized lipsrsealed another good site to look for degree and qualification degrees is www.icslearn.co.uk , but id say they are waaaaaaay to expensive. but could be considered as well. their site wasnt working well recently too.
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by Ultrame(m): 9:53am On Jun 04, 2012
sopapa: @ akason: I'm currently in my 3rd Module International Management (Oil and Gas Track) University of Liverpool. The fees are not cheap (app $19,000; depending on your payment plan) and its accredited worldwide. In my class, I have CEOs and Managing Directors of Multinationals as classmates and we interact through a forum quite like this (its called a blackboard). If you want to learn, go to the schools website http://www.liv.ac.uk/study/online/ and request a call back. If you just want a degree without working hard, look elsewhere because when you start,you will see your assignments in your dreams... grin

^^^^^
Hahahaa. Very funny, but very true. University of Liverpool, Information Systems Management, (6th Module and final core course). I have 2 electives left before my dissertation. After this, I'm going on a loooooooooong vacation. This program has taken over my life completely. To those who say it's a blue milk run, I challenge you to enroll and let us observe your grades and how much sleep you get after your first module.
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by kimmi11: 10:46am On Jun 22, 2012
I think online learning is a suitable system for the working professionals. They get a feature education among the busy life that include full time employment, family responsibilities and household tasks too. RSA Certificate Melbourne
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by hamjaf: 4:52pm On Jun 29, 2012
Do you really know that you can get an ONLINE degree @ UNIVERSITY OF THE PEOPLE

It is the University of the People (Uopeople)
It is the first ever free Tuition online university
It is the First university for all
It is the First ever world non-profit organization in education system
It is the First ever school with high recommendation from high profile individual
It does not discriminate basis on race or religion
It has the fastest growing fan book page on facebook
It operate on a p2p learning
It uses volunteers from all academic walks of life
It uses the latest technology to operate its educational aims.
It has admit above 1000 student from 115 different countries
It has been approved for online internship training with HP.
It has been approved for admission to New York University Abu-Dabai campus
It has given me an explicit knowledge in computer science, far and more qualitative than I have ever received.
It Admits student 5time in an academic year.
It has a very restrict code of conduct
It has Nigerians has part of its process, starting from Director to Lecturers to Students
It has only one founder, the thinker behind this great institute. SHAI RESHEF

Our slogan
"EDUCATION SHOULD BE A RIGHT AND NOT A PRIVILEGED"

We all need education to push Nigeria forward, and make the world a better place. I am a student of this university, I am not paid for this posting, but one thing we all need in life is information together with opportunity and here is it, we all can make good use of it.

Most of us don't have the time, some the money, some the opportunity but all past because Uopeople has provided the platform for everybody both those in Nigeria and abroad to participate in making the world a place to live in peace.

We can be part of the GLOBAL CITIZEN of the present day.

for more on this university please www.uopeople.org

3 Likes

Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 09, 2012
I am a prospective student of UNISA and based on so many reviews I have read about them, I think its really worth it and you will see the difference between schooling here in Nigeria.
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by keleto(m): 9:10pm On Aug 09, 2012
enitan2002: I am a prospective student of UNISA and based on so many reviews I have read about them, I think its really worth it and you will see the difference between schooling here in Nigeria.
@enitan2002. . am a prospective student too.i learnt application process is on now. have you done yours, do u really need saqa verification before application? pls send me a mail,so we can talk better and share some ideals. very important.... my mail raphdouglas@yahoo.co.uk. love to hear from you.
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by charliemamen: 2:07am On Aug 11, 2012
keleto:
@enitan2002. . am a prospective student too.i learnt application process is on now. have you done yours, do u really need saqa verification before application? pls send me a mail,so we can talk better and share some ideals. very important.... my mail raphdouglas@yahoo.co.uk. love to hear from you.

Pls guyz,I also need info on how to apply to unisa for a degree too.I have HND and I have collected my academic transcript.email me at rockcharlie2003@yahoo.com and assist a brother.will be waiting for good info
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by keleto(m): 2:04pm On Aug 11, 2012
charliemamen:

Pls guyz,I also need info on how to apply to unisa for a degree too.I have HND and I have collected my academic transcript.email me at rockcharlie2003@yahoo.com and assist a brother.will be waiting for good info
wat course do u want to pursue
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by gowaga68: 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2012
otinwa: online university is the new tread globally. The first FREE ONLINE UNIVERSITY is University of the People, USA @ www.uopeople.org

Im currently a student (studing COMPUTER SCIENCE) and i must tell u that is not easy and cheap. When u apply, you must fill all required form online and answer 5 out of 7 essay. Thereafter, u will send your WAEC or NECO result (photocopy notarised) and a WAEC scratch card for confirmation of ur result online.

When u are finally accepted, u must sign an agreement form online. Then u have to take two compulsory orietation course:
1: skill for online learning- GS1101
2: English composition- 1 GS1101.
U must pass the two course to proceed for further studies.
Each course is split into week/unit with a topic from the syllabus weekly. U must enter class room ( called VLE - virtual learning environment), make entry in Learning journal what u read or learning everyday, read all reading assignment for the week, submit your weekly assignment, participate in the discussion forum and take self quiz.

There are strict with time and serious code of conduct. Once the week is gone, is gone, u cant go back again for late assignment. All the above contribute 70% and exam only takes 30%. U can see the different with brick and mortal university.

if there certificate is not recognised now, later 9ja will accept it. They are back by UN, HP, many foundation and great university. There lecturer are voluntary lecturers from other great university in the world. They accept student worldwide. The university is FREE TUITION for now but will collect $50 for application process fees soon. For more info visit www.uopeople.org

Thanks.
na wa o! Can u pls get in touch? gowaga68@yahoo.com or send me an sms pls.
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by cmin: 4:38am On Jul 10, 2014
hamjaf: Do you really know that you can get an ONLINE degree @ UNIVERSITY OF THE PEOPLE

It is the University of the People (Uopeople)
It is the first ever free Tuition online university
It is the First university for all
It is the First ever world non-profit organization in education system
It is the First ever school with high recommendation from high profile individual
It does not discriminate basis on race or religion
It has the fastest growing fan book page on facebook
It operate on a p2p learning
It uses volunteers from all academic walks of life
It uses the latest technology to operate its educational aims.
It has admit above 1000 student from 115 different countries
It has been approved for online internship training with HP.
It has been approved for admission to New York University Abu-Dabai campus
It has given me an explicit knowledge in computer science, far and more qualitative than I have ever received.
It Admits student 5time in an academic year.
It has a very restrict code of conduct
It has Nigerians has part of its process, starting from Director to Lecturers to Students
It has only one founder, the thinker behind this great institute. SHAI RESHEF

Our slogan
"EDUCATION SHOULD BE A RIGHT AND NOT A PRIVILEGED"

We all need education to push Nigeria forward, and make the world a better place. I am a student of this university, I am not paid for this posting, but one thing we all need in life is information together with opportunity and here is it, we all can make good use of it.

Most of us don't have the time, some the money, some the opportunity but all past because Uopeople has provided the platform for everybody both those in Nigeria and abroad to participate in making the world a place to live in peace.

We can be part of the GLOBAL CITIZEN of the present day.

for more on this university please www.uopeople.org
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by cmin: 4:41am On Jul 10, 2014
hello,

pls kindly send me your cell number, i would love to have a waord with you about Uopeople. i will equally appreciate if you can send me those two beginners programs/courses.

many thanks
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by cmin: 4:47am On Jul 10, 2014
hello,

please send me a copy the two compulsory orientation course:
1: skill for online learning- GS1101
2: English composition- 1 GS1101.

thanks.
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by Empressgifted(f): 9:21am On Jul 10, 2014
Pls can someone with a certificate in Registered Nursing go for a BSc in nursing in any of these online universities?
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by lifestyle1(m): 9:26am On Jul 10, 2014
Empressgifted: Pls can someone with a certificate in Registered Nursing go for a BSc in nursing in any of these online universities?

You need to be in class physically to study nursing I think.
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by michealsam0080: 8:30pm On Nov 10, 2014
I believe this post is some what different but being a person benefited from online education I would like to share some facts about online education
- In the U.S. it is believed that many traditional education universities may go bankrupt mainly because of online education in the next 15 years.
- It is estimated that around 7 million took an online course in 2012 and that is in the U.S. alone, the world figures are much higher.
- Pheonix and other online institutes are renowned in world and provide credibility in online education
-The online education industry itself is worth more than $4.1 trillion.
- Online education programs like accredited life experience degree are becoming preferable by employers.

For more information and fact visit : http://www.premiumonlinedegrees.com/life-experience-accredited/
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by oginga: 11:17pm On Nov 10, 2014
Online distance learning is not cheap and its not for the faint-hearted person.

Distance learning involves self discipline, proper time management, and most importantly "academic honesty". If you as a student 'copy and paste' answers without proper referencing, you will be expelled from the school with immediate effect and your name blacklisted for plagiarism.

For those who think its easy or still in-doubt kindly join the Mba or MPhil program of Anglia Ruskin university.
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by oginga: 11:26pm On Nov 10, 2014
wiseguy:
Easy Says who? Online degree is the most difficult. More difficult than being on campus. You wont understand till you start one. Very stressful. Infact forget about all the Owambe's by the time you start and pray to Almighty to give you the courage and determination to finish + make good grades. If you say its easy then you don't know exactly what it is. I am saying from experience. And its fully recognized both at home and abroad.

1 million likes mate, you've said it all.

3 Likes

Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by cmin: 11:26pm On Jan 29, 2015
Online universities, especially international ones are very much credible and far better.

Also, they are as good as B& M universities.
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by vanosky: 3:13am On Jun 08, 2015
Re: How Valuable Is Online Degree? by vanosky: 3:21am On Jun 08, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Distance Learning Latest News / What Is The Importance Of Mathematics To Arts Students ??? / Project Topics And Materials In Medical Laboratory Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.