Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,704 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Have You Seen Any Major Project Carried Out By Ibikunle Amosun? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have You Seen Any Major Project Carried Out By Ibikunle Amosun? (1684 Views)

Saraki's Arrest Order, Ccb, Cct, Fhc And The Law By Ibikunle Isaac / Photos: Ibikunle Amosun Sworn-in For 2nd Term As Governor Of Ogun / Osinbanjo And Ibikunle Amosun Visit Ogun State Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Seen Any Major Project Carried Out By Ibikunle Amosun? by Idrico(m): 4:37pm On May 18, 2012
Almost a year that Amosun had been in office,I have not seen any project that is being carried out by Ogun state Government in my Area or anywhere around Lagos border line.Some of this area like Ayetoro in Itele(Ado odo ota local govt)do not have light.The roads are so bad thatI have started regretting voting ACN.Daniel administration was even better than what we are witnessing.I need somebody to convince me that what I am thinking about the ACN government in Ogun state is wrong.Please your opinion is highly needed Or is it about CAP?
Re: Have You Seen Any Major Project Carried Out By Ibikunle Amosun? by wesley80(m): 4:47pm On May 18, 2012
O-YES! There was a certain 2km 6lane road somewhere in the Capital, I'm certain that by now that road is complete and serving the good people of Ogun state. Here's the link where we discussed that laudable capital project by His Excellency.
https://www.nairaland.com/745652/ogun- awards-six-lane-road-contract
Re: Have You Seen Any Major Project Carried Out By Ibikunle Amosun? by Gbawe: 5:04pm On May 18, 2012
wesley80: O-YES! There was a certain 2km 6lane road somewhere in the Capital, I'm certain that by now that road is complete and serving the good people of Ogun state. Here's the link where we discussed that laudable capital project by His Excellency.
https://www.nairaland.com/745652/ogun- awards-six-lane-road-contract

Buddy, it is under construction[b] with an 8 months contract completion target[/b] so take your mischief elsewhere or better still, go and start another thread about Uduaghan that will hardly gets any contribution because no one cares. You really should start minding your own business instead of this pathetic attempt to taint everything to do with the SW with infamy. It only makes you seem a sad, hateful little man. What will you do now? Scour the net to find a negative article to back your agenda of mischief?

Perhaps you are just mad your thread below died lamely because no one gave a damn while you will probably watch enviously as this gets to ten pages because of the negative yet unreciprocated obsession of you and others with everything to do with the SW.

https://www.nairaland.com/939965/delta-receives-turbines-240mw-independent

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/76230/1/mixed-reactions-greet-amosuns-road-projects.html

MIXED REACTIONS GREET AMOSUN'S ROAD PROJECTS
By NBF News

A sizable crowd had gathered last Monday morning at the Ita-Eko area in the historic rocky city of Abeokuta to watch bulldozers and caterpillars tear down buildings and level structures. They discussed the issue in groups and evinced mixed reactions. While some jeered, others cheered the action by government designed to give the state capital a facelift. Some of the victims said the demolition took them by surprise and accused the government of ambush.

However, findings showed that though the State Executive Council (SEC) had approved the award of contracts for the reconstruction of 28 roads across the three senatorial districts, the expansion of the Ibara Roundabout-Ita Eko-Totoro Road in Abeokuta, the state capital, some weeks back, most residents thought it was another mere political gimmick until caterpillars and bulldozers moved to site last Monday.

A few hours later, scores of buildings and other structures that could impede the expansion laid in ruin as they were reduced to rubble. The demolition is expected to pave way for a six-lane highway in the state capital. The 2.4-kilometre stretch contract awarded to the China Civil Engineering Construction Company (CCECC) is estimated to cost N1.3 billion. Ita-Eko/Sokori roads link Lafenwa/Olomore to the Lagos Expressway and other important intra-city roads in the state capital.

Indeed, for permanent comfort, there must be temporary discomfort. That's exactly what is happening in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital as the 2.4-kilometre stretch six-lane road expansion is causing ripples among landlords and shop owners whose structures were demolished to pave way for the expansion, which is reportedly the first of its kind in the state.

Structures already marked for demolition include the building housing the Corporate Affairs Commission and the Unity Bank which is believed to be owned by the former President Olusegun Obasanjo. Others that risked being demolished in the project which contractors say would last eight months include churches, mosques, eateries, banks, hotels, petrol stations and several other shops and house.

Before the demolition started last Monday, the state governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun had gone round the affected buildings and structures appealing to owners and occupiers to see reasons with his administration.

Not even the governor's explanation that five houses belonging to his family members would be affected by the road expansion exercise, is strong enough to assuage the feelings of those who think that the government is embarking on a barbaric voyage of destruction.

While assuring that his administration would pay compensation, irrespective of the status of the documentations of their buildings, Amosun also stated that his administration would be involved in the re-building of the demolished structures to avoid slum.

One of those who have not found the demolition funny is Mr. Olafemi Adenisinmi Egbodofo. He told our reporter that he was shocked beyond his imagination that the Senator Ibikunle Amosun-led government could engaged in such an act. Egbodofo, a landlord, described the action of the government as barbaric, inhuman and wicked. He has vowed to institute a case against the state government. Although he said he was not against what the government was doing, he said he was not happy at the way it was being done, lamenting that he did not receive any notice from the government.

'I just learnt from the radio yesterday (last Sunday) that they will start demolition; now they are here, no notice to that effect; this is wickedness and not good for a government we wholeheartedly and massively voted into power,' he wailed as he picked items from his flattened building.

Characteristically, Mrs. Adijat Ogunseye, whose shop was also demolished at Oke Sokori along with others, described the expansion as unnecessary. 'For me as a person, I think there are other serious things that I think the state government should concentrate on instead of this road expansion.' Asked to name her priorities for the state government, she said: 'They know what is good for the people of the state, they should do just that and stop inflicting unnecessary pains on people. Now that I have been displaced from this place, I have been denied of where I source money for the upbringing of my children.''

Despite the hash criticisms, the Amosun-led administration has resolved to forge ahead. It has sworn not to leave any stone unturned to ensure that the project which when completed would add to the beauty of the state capital is completed within the contract term.

The government's resolve to carry on is further buoyed by the attitude of some victims, who despite the discomfort see the demolition as a little price worthy of the development of the city and state, which they have long yearned for.

According to Mr. Ajose Jelil whose wife operates an eatery-Super Foods,'if you want to eat an omelet, you must break an egg.'

Ajose also rebuffed the claim by Mr. Agbodofo that government did not serve the appropriate notice. He said he read the notice even in the dailies before he was even served personally. 'The government served the appropriate notice. I read the dispatch in a newspaper and they did give the value they are going to acquire. We cannot say the government did not give enough notice; they served enough notices. In the past, what used to bring confusion between the government and people is that the government did not, in most cases, carry out its own side of the bargain. I see the planned expansion as a welcome development. My prayer is that the government should be timely in doing it.'

Mrs. Rachael Ugoji, a petty trader, whose shops were affected, equally shared Ajose's sentiment. According to her, 'It is natural for us as human beings to complain on a thing like this, but I am very sure that at the end of the day we would all have cause to smile over this road expansion the administration of Senator Ibikunle Amosun is doing.''

She added: 'This is a great sacrifice that we have to make as residents of this state. I have been living in Abeokuta for the past 20 years and I am of the opinion that an expansion of road project like this would improve economic activities, not only in this area, but in the entire Abeokuta.''

Amosun, at his inauguration as the 14th civilian governor of the Gateway State, had promised the people a five-point programme, which includes affordable qualitative education; efficient healthcare delivery, agricultural production/industrialisation, affordable housing and urban renewal and rural and infrastructural development/employment generation.

In order to build a rosy future for the people, which he promised through his 'Mission to Rebuild Ogun State'', the governor in a steady manner, which many have misconstrued to be slow, has started laying a solid foundation for the future of the state and her people.

Already, the state government has begun rehabilitation and reconstruction of roads across the state. In Abeokuta, the state capital, many roads that were hitherto abandoned by the previous administration are receiving attention. These include the Itoku-Ago-Oba roads, Abiola Way road, Sapon-Ago Oko road, Ijaye-Oke-Ejigbo road, Isale Abetu road, Mokola, Adatan, Oke-Ilewo, Presidential Boulevard, Oke Mosan with several others still begging for attention in the state capital, which the state government assured would soon receive attention.

In Ijebu-Ode, several intra-city roads have been rehabilitated. They include Igbeba, Olisa, Alapo and Sabo/Ososa, Awokoya Street as well as drainage on Abeokuta/Molipa junction, Lagos Garage, Ondo/Benin Road, Epe Garage, among several others.

Others are Sabo/Ososa Road, Omo owo/Ereko/Bonojo/Awokoya Street, Balogun Kuku and the Awujale Road, Degun Street, Molipa byepass, Ibadan Road/Folagbade Street, Lagos Garage/Sagamu-Benin Expressway junction, the old Lagos Road (Ikangba), among several others. Aside from intra-city roads, which Amosun is tackling, there are other roads that have either been resurfaced or made more motorable by local engineers in the state Ministry of Works and Infrastructure.

These include four federal roads which had been repaired by the state government. These are the popular Sagamu Interchange-Abeokuta dual carriage which bad portions had been fixed to the delight of both motorists and villagers along the route, as well as the foot of the overhead bridge in Sango along the Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway.

Other federal roads that had received the attention of the state government is the notorious bad portion of road along the popular Lagos-Ibadan expressway, in front of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Redemption Camp as well as the Owode-Ilaro Road in Yewa South Local Government Area of the state.

All together, according to Amosun, four federal roads had been repaired 'because we believe whatever inconveniences our people should be tackled immediately and squarely.''

Speaking on the road rehabilitation and expansion programme, the Secretary-General of the National Council of Muslim Youth Organisations (NACOMYO), Alhaji Kamaldeen Akintunde said it was an economic necessity, which will enhance economic activities in the state capital.

'All this while, I have refrained from assessing the current administration of Senator Ibikunle because it is too premature to do so. But with things like this and others, particularly in areas of education and employment generation, I think the governor is on the path of progress in the state.''

However, he warned him against succumbing to sycophants who may want to mislead him by giving him pieces of advice, which may be inimical to the good things that he had started in the past six months.

'So far, so good, even though there is still room for improvement. We shall continue to pray for him so that at the end of the day, the people of the state would have a cause to glorify Almighty Allah for making Amosun the first Muslim civilian governor in the state.'

Also, the pastor in charge of Benevolent Church of Christ, Abeokuta, Pastor Isaac Ogunmodede described the road expansion as timely, but urged the state government to extend similar gesture to other parts of the state.

'There is no doubt that this road expansion will improve commercial activities in this area as well as in the entire state capital. My fear is that a situation where a six-lane will burst into a single or a double lane may cause more traffic problems for motorists and even pedestrians in the state. So, what I am saying is that the state government should also consider dualisation of more roads in Abeokuta so as to absorb whatever inconveniences this laudable road will bring to the state. I also suggest that the state government should expand and rehabilitate some roads, which could be described as trunk C or D to ease traffic bottleneck in the state capital.'

Reacting to the allegations that the state government did not give enough notice, the state Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Arc. Olamilekan Adegbite said enough notice was issued to landlords and owners of shops. He added that a series of meetings were held by Amosun with landlords and owners of buildings and structures before the demolition commenced.

Adegbite, who led the team that conducted the demolition exercise, said government had given more than enough notice as required by law to owners of the buildings.

His words: 'The law stipulates that we give a 30-day notice, but the governor said we should give 65 days and at the end of that, we still went from house-to-house and shop-to-shop to sensitise the people on the need to expand the road. Individuals were adequately involved and served notices of the demolition; it is part of the urban renewal programme of the administration.'

He added that government had also put machinery in motion to ensure that compensation was given to all those that deserved it, stressing that 'this is a sensitive government that appreciates the plight of the ordinary man on the street. Affected persons will be adequately compensated; we are also going to build back some of the buildings because we don't want slums.'
Re: Have You Seen Any Major Project Carried Out By Ibikunle Amosun? by Beaf: 5:13pm On May 18, 2012
Gbawe again and the round of grade-A lies! angry
PICTURES puleeeeeeease or silence, sir!
Re: Have You Seen Any Major Project Carried Out By Ibikunle Amosun? by wesley80(m): 5:23pm On May 18, 2012
Gbawe:

Buddy, it is under construction[b] with an 8 months contract completion target[/b] so take your mischief elsewhere or better still, go and start another thread about Uduaghan that will hardly gets any contribution because no one cares. You really should start minding your own business instead of this pathetic attempt to taint everything to do with the SW with infamy. It only makes you seem a sad, hateful little man. What will you do now? Scour the net to find a negative article to back your agenda of mischief?

Perhaps you are just mad your thread below died lamely because no one gave a damn while you will probably watch enviously as this gets to ten pages because of the negative yet unreciprocated obsession of you and others with everything to do with the SW.

https://www.nairaland.com/939965/delta-receives-turbines-240mw-independent

Haaaa, Brother Gbawe the disgraced O-liar predictably shows up. FYI my thread made the homepage and most probably didn't get to 16 pages like your infamous O-Power phantom hydropower project deceptive thread because there wasn't enough negativity for you and your fellow "winshes" to feed on.
The OP asked a question and I expect you to shut him up with instances of Amosuns Capital project instead of picking on someone that's doing the job you were put on a very generous salary to do. And you think I'm the sad, hateful little man? Pls take a look at your mirror!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Seen Any Major Project Carried Out By Ibikunle Amosun? by Gbawe: 5:26pm On May 18, 2012
Beaf: Gbawe again and the round of grade-A lies! angry
PICTURES puleeeeeeease or silence, sir!

Buddy, stop following me around and contributing when you see Gbawe has posted. Did you see me on Wesley80 Delta thread let alone for me to be asking for pictures? I really don't care. I wish the folks of Delta well and indeed hope Uduaghan delivers but that is it. Unlike you, a stray dog and lost mongrel forever casting envious looks into the homes and business of others, I am fully happy focusing on the problems of my own region and leaving others to do likewise. Temi to mi ro. Let it be same for you and others. Indeed that is the problem for your type i.e many in the SW don't really concern themselves with you while you are totally besothed with them.
Re: Have You Seen Any Major Project Carried Out By Ibikunle Amosun? by Beaf: 5:26pm On May 18, 2012
Gbawe, puleeeeeeeeease show us O-Pictures.
Re: Have You Seen Any Major Project Carried Out By Ibikunle Amosun? by Beaf: 5:30pm On May 18, 2012
Gbawe:

Buddy, stop following me around and contributing when you see Gbawe has posted. Did you see me on Wesley80 Delta thread let alone for me to be asking for pictures? I really don't care. I wish the folks of Delta well and indeed hope Uduaghan delivers but that is it. Unlike you, a stray dog and lost mongrel forever casting envious looks into the homes and business of others, I am fully happy focusing on the problems of my own region and leaving others to do likewise. Temi to mi ro. Let it be same for you and others. Indeed that is the problem for your type i.e many in the SW don't really concern themselves with you while you are totally besothed with them.

How stup!d can you get? 'Delta thread' On a public Nigerian forum? How daft does that sound?
Nobody stopped you in the past from contributing to what you foolishly call a 'Delta thread' neither will anyone stop you in the present or future.

'Delta thread' Thats just the sound of the bigot in you.

Gbawe, puleeeeeeeeease show us O-Pictures and cut the O-Crap.

Tank you. grin
Re: Have You Seen Any Major Project Carried Out By Ibikunle Amosun? by Gbawe: 5:33pm On May 18, 2012
wesley80:

Haaaa, Brother Gbawe the disgraced O-liar predictably shows up. FYI my thread made the homepage and most probably didn't get to 16 pages like your infamous O-Power phantom hydropower project deceptive thread because there wasn't enough negativity for you and your fellow "winshes" to feed on.
The OP asked a question and I expect you to shut him up with instances of Amosuns Capital project instead of picking on someone that's doing the job you were put on a very generous salary to do. And you think I'm the sad, hateful little man? Pls take a look at your mirror!

Ogbeni you are the only disgraced liar here. Your modus operandi is now obvious. It was hate that led you to call a 6-lane road in a SW State a "footpath". It was hate that led you to decieve an army of haters into thinking the hydro electric project announcement of Osun is the same as a 15KW Pilot scheme concieved in 2007. Rather than admit your shameless deciet, you continue to disturb others with your twisted hate.

We should really be wondering why you are the first to "show up" and be tainting the thread with mischief and negativity , as usual, when you are in no position at all to to address the enquiry of the OP. Let us watch as the nuisance posters make this thread 10 pages long when they have nada to contribute. The floor is over to you.
Re: Have You Seen Any Major Project Carried Out By Ibikunle Amosun? by Beaf: 5:36pm On May 18, 2012
Gbawe, please post O-Pictures na.
Re: Have You Seen Any Major Project Carried Out By Ibikunle Amosun? by 999666: 5:36pm On May 18, 2012
Vultures already gathering
Re: Have You Seen Any Major Project Carried Out By Ibikunle Amosun? by Gbawe: 5:40pm On May 18, 2012
999_666: Vultures already gathering

They will make this thread ten pages long while the OP will sadly be no wiser as per the knowledge he sought to gain by starting this thread. My brother, I don't have time for these folks. Whether they believe SW is seeing progress or not is really not my concern. Same as a black man cares very little about the opinions of a white supremacist. Watch as they talk to themselves here like madmen and spam repeatedly like dementia has set in for some of them. Just observe.
Re: Have You Seen Any Major Project Carried Out By Ibikunle Amosun? by wesley80(m): 5:40pm On May 18, 2012
Gbawe:

Heeeeee But daddy u can lie O! Why do you keep using "concern" and "love" for the SW as a smokescreen even when everyone with half a brain can see you're a paid ACN goon? How many times have you come started a thread singing the praise of Olusegun Mimiko who by a good distance is one of the best SW governors? How come Gbawe doesn't flood Nairaland with Mimikos laudable projects but would rather spin and hype a N300m 15kw power project by an obviously incompetent Aregbesola? O-YES I forgot, Mimiko belongs to the Labour Party! Daddy pls softly softly dey lie na!
Re: Have You Seen Any Major Project Carried Out By Ibikunle Amosun? by Beaf: 5:42pm On May 18, 2012
Gbawe:

They will make this thread ten pages long while the OP will sadly be no wiser as per the knowledge he sought to gain starting this thread. My brother, I don't have time for these folks. Whether they believe SW is seeing progress or not is really not my concern. Watch as they talk to themselves here like madmen and spam repeatedly like demantia has set in for some of them. Just observe.

Our daddy! So you can't post pictures of your claims? Where you O-lying again? shocked
Ni suru daddy!
Re: Have You Seen Any Major Project Carried Out By Ibikunle Amosun? by 999666: 5:51pm On May 18, 2012
Gbawe:

They will make this thread ten pages long while the OP will sadly be no wiser as per the knowledge he sought to gain by starting this thread. My brother, I don't have time for these folks. Whether they believe SW is seeing progress or not is really not my concern. Same as a black man cares very little about the opinions of a white supremacist. Watch as they talk to themselves here like madmen and spam repeatedly like dementia has set in for some of them. Just observe.
Then why don't you simply ignore them? All they want is attention. Ignore them and they will go away.
The focus should only be about this thread.
Can any one enlighten us about Amosun's achievements up till date?
Re: Have You Seen Any Major Project Carried Out By Ibikunle Amosun? by wesley80(m): 6:12pm On May 18, 2012
The O-coward knows exactly when to hide his tail behind his butt and make a run for it.
Re: Have You Seen Any Major Project Carried Out By Ibikunle Amosun? by wesley80(m): 6:14pm On May 18, 2012

Viewing this topic: wesley80 ( m ), Gbawe, abes ( m ), Beaf and 1 guest(s)
Re: Have You Seen Any Major Project Carried Out By Ibikunle Amosun? by Gbawe: 6:20pm On May 18, 2012
999_666:
Then why don't you simply ignore them? All they want is attention. Ignore them and they will go away.
The focus should only be about this thread.
Can any one enlighten us about Amosun's achievements up till date?

My brother, Amosun has done relatively well and OP just needs to familiarise himself with what is going on and what is planned. OP for example mentions "no light" in some areas without realising that there is not much Amosun can do in regards to that. For example, because of Amosun's effort, Ogun has the most modern APC's in Nigeria currently. No doubt there is much work to be done but Amosun is in the right direction in my opinion. Donating 13 APC's to the NPF , for example, is unmatched in Nigeria.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/features/39862-as-ogun-wages-war-against-crime

As Ogun wages war against crime

Written by Olayinka Olukoya Thursday, 26 April 2012

Olayinka Olukoya was at the inauguration of security equipment procured by the Ogun State government to tackle insecurity situation in the state last Friday, in Abeokuta. Her report.

THAT Ogun State, the Gateway state was under siege of armed robbery cases in the last few months is no longer news, but the good news is that the state government led by Senator Ibikunle Amosun, took the bull by the horn to tackle insecurity situation in the state with the procurement of 13 Armoured Personnel Carriers (APCs), six of which were launched alongside 125 Hilux patrol Vans fully equipped with communication gadgets.

The issue of insecurity had become a major concern to the present administration in its drive to make the state an investment destination of choice for would-be-investors. Armed robbery cases had been on the rise in the state, a situation which forced commercial banks in Ijebu and Remo areas of the state closing their doors on customers.

This development did not in anyway go down well with the state government which believed in adequate protection of lives and properties of residents and also believed that the state could be a factor to reckon with in terms of development.

At the inauguration ceremony held at the Memorial Arcade, Governor's Office, Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta was held last Friday with the acting Inspector General of Police, Alhaji Mohammed Dikko Abubakar, as the special guest of honour at the ceremony.

The ceremony drew eminent Nigerians, including captains of Industries, Bankers' Forum in the state, both foreign and local investors, traditional rulers, political leaders and members of the public, who had all come to catch a glimpse at the latest technology of APCs in the world.

An elated Amosun in his address said that his administration had fulfilled one of his promises to about 4.8million people of Ogun State in his “Mission to Re-build”, saying that investment could only thrive in a safe environment.

He said security was one of the responsibilities of any government to safeguard lives and properties of residents of the state, adding that for security to be effective, it must be two or three steps more sophisticated than the technology and brain behind the criminality.

The governor admitted that men of the underworld through their nefarious activities threatened the peace of the state, this gave rise to the determination of his government through the purchase of the security equipment to combat crime in the state.

He maintained that the state government had embarked on the security mapping, which would help in dividing the state in to security zones and make effective mobilisation of security agencies to tackle crime in different zones of the state.

He said, “We have taken this step to invest in the security of the state because as a responsible government, we cannot fold our arms and watch as our people are continually harassed by gangs of hoodlums who carry out their dare-devil operations in broad daylight not only in homes, but even places that were thought to be well secured.

“It is our belief that the people of Ogun State should, and must, be secured to go about their socio-economic activities during the day and sleep with their two eyes closed at night. For this reason, we will continue to support all security agencies in our state.”

Governor Amosun expressed gratitude to President Goodluck Jonathan for assisting the state in the procurement of the APCs and for also approving the duty waiver, noting that the APCs and 125 Hilux vans would help the Joint Police/Military task force launched recently by the state government in performing its duty effectively.

He, however, appealed to all well -meaning individuals and corporate organisations in the state to support the drive for development in the state by contributing their quota to the Security Trust Fund.

Amosun commended the commercial banks for donating generously into the project and specifically thanked the Ogun State Traditional Council for donating N20 million towards securing the state.

“Let me therefore use this opportunity to call on individuals and organisations of the state. We have established the
Security Trust Fund. The purpose of this is to create an avenue for private individuals and organisations to support the government in tackling all kinds of security challenges in the state, through sourcing for resources, and efficiency deploying such resources to achieve the objective of a safe and secure environment.

“I call on all our people, individuals and organisations to donate generously to this Fund. It is noteworthy that while our administration has since its inception invested about N3bn on security, we have yet to touch a kobo of the Security Trust Fund,” he noted.

The Acting IGP said that the donation of the APCs and patrol vans indicated the willingness and commitment of the state government to guard and protect lives and properties.

He noted that it was the first time in the history of Ogun State that the kind of donation was coming up, saying that there was no state in the federation that had donated the kind of equipment.

He said that the country was being confronted by daunting security challenges, assuring Nigerians that with their assistance and support, the new police administration would do everything within its power to ensure security of lives and properties.

[size=14pt]He said, "I have worked in every part of the country; there is no state in this country that has donated what you have donated. I want to use this opportunity to invite foreign investors to come to Ogun State and do what they are supposed to do because the governor has taken a giant stride, this step you've taken will hasten development in the state."[/size]

He warned that his administration would no longer tolerate carelessness and negligence to duty from any policeman in the state, urging them to be committed, dedicated, and sincere in the discharge of their duties.

The Abeokuta Branch Controller of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Mr Olumuyiwa Ojuawo, lauded the initiative of the state government for taking pro-active step against criminality in the state.

He added that "the fear of looking at the windows that they are coming again would not be there anymore. With the security equipment, we have enough confidence in delivering our mandate."

The CBN branch controller also said the step by the state government was in the right direction, as he said "like me and every other banker in the state this step taken by the governor is going to help deliver our mandate."

The state Commissioner for Police, Mr Ikemefuna Okoye, assured the IGP of the command's readiness to combat robbery in the state.

"I want to assure the IGP that with the commissioning of the state-of-the art equipment provided by the governor, the police will always be combat ready to deal decisively with any form of crime and criminality in the state," he added

Re: Have You Seen Any Major Project Carried Out By Ibikunle Amosun? by wesley80(m): 6:29pm On May 18, 2012
^Ewu, The OP asked for MAJOR PROJECTS and you're consuming bandwidth with stories about APC's. Answer the question or shut it abeg.
Re: Have You Seen Any Major Project Carried Out By Ibikunle Amosun? by Beaf: 6:39pm On May 18, 2012
Gbawe:

My brother, Amosun has done relatively well and OP just needs to familiarise himself with what is going on and what is planned. OP for example mentions "no light" in some areas without realising that there is not much Amosun can do in regards to that. For example, because of Amosun's effort, Ogun has the most modern APC's in Nigeria currently. No doubt there is much work to be done but Amosun is in the right direction in my opinion. Donating 13 APC's to the NPF , for example, is unmatched in Nigeria.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/features/39862-as-ogun-wages-war-against-crime

13 APC's? What next? Pics of donated bags of rice? Lol!
Our daddy has a knack for projecting comedy as achievement! grin

O-ga o!
Re: Have You Seen Any Major Project Carried Out By Ibikunle Amosun? by Ejine(m): 6:58pm On May 18, 2012
Hmmmmmm... undecided
Re: Have You Seen Any Major Project Carried Out By Ibikunle Amosun? by philip0906(m): 8:07pm On May 18, 2012
As far as security is concerned, he has WOEFULLY failed.
Re: Have You Seen Any Major Project Carried Out By Ibikunle Amosun? by PointB: 9:35pm On May 18, 2012
13 APC. Criminality surely then must be the mainstay of folks in that state.

This probably has to do with Amosun been an ex-cultist

Next topic pls.

(1) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan, Nigeria's Firstlady Is Back From Germany! / Jonathan's Amnesty Denial For Boko Haram Is Illogical- ACN / We Will Deal With Atiku, G5 Governors, Says Tukur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.