Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,939 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Can Gen Buhari Win A Free And Fair Election In Nigeria, I Need Sincere Comments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Gen Buhari Win A Free And Fair Election In Nigeria, I Need Sincere Comments (1116 Views)

If Jonathan And Buhari Stand In A Free And Fair Election TODAY Who Will Win? / How Can Gen.buhari Gain Popularity(vote) In Both South South And South East / Why It Is Impossible To Have A Free And Fair Election In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Gen Buhari Win A Free And Fair Election In Nigeria, I Need Sincere Comments by ibrahimdoc: 4:14pm On May 20, 2012
Some people are alleging that the last presidential election was a big scam, and some people are claiming that Buhari won that election which to me is most unlikely. We all know that Buhari is not popular in the south-east and he is not in the south-south neither is he popular in the south-west. He can only boast of popularity within his enclave. SO how come are some people, especially the disgruntled northerner claiming that he won that election. It was said that he came second in that election, a distant second. Given that democracy is politics of numbers, do you think that Buhari has much clout and popularity as to defeat Jonathan in a free and fair election? please guys, say your own opinion without being biased, but as for me i think Jonathan won that election, maybe they inflated some figures in some states in favour of Jonathan, but even if they didn't do that, Jonathan would have still emerged victorious.
Re: Can Gen Buhari Win A Free And Fair Election In Nigeria, I Need Sincere Comments by Kobojunkie: 4:16pm On May 20, 2012
Really? Nairaland needs another one of these dumb threads created, after the last, one, about 10 or so minutes ago?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can Gen Buhari Win A Free And Fair Election In Nigeria, I Need Sincere Comments by qualified(f): 7:05pm On May 20, 2012
he didn't win that election and will never win presidency in Nigeria, unless South -south and South -east are no longer part of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Can Gen Buhari Win A Free And Fair Election In Nigeria, I Need Sincere Comments by Jakumo(m): 7:37pm On May 20, 2012
Elections are only open to human beings, so this question is not applicable to Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden, for he is indeed a monkey by nature, AND by genetic composition.
Re: Can Gen Buhari Win A Free And Fair Election In Nigeria, I Need Sincere Comments by LogicMind: 7:37pm On May 20, 2012
Kobojunkie: Really? Nairaland needs another one of these dumb threads created, after the last, one, about 10 or so minutes ago?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
why don't you create a less dumd one?

2 Likes

Re: Can Gen Buhari Win A Free And Fair Election In Nigeria, I Need Sincere Comments by Jimkab(m): 7:50pm On May 20, 2012
Jakumo: Elections are only open to human beings, so this question is not applicable to Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden, for he is indeed a monkey by nature, AND by genetic composition.
. Only someone who is not trustworthy would claim that our last election was free and fair with the result from the south-south and south-east. General Buhari can sincerely win a free and fair election. U have been getting the rewards of manipulated election. U are instead a baboon.
Re: Can Gen Buhari Win A Free And Fair Election In Nigeria, I Need Sincere Comments by Beaf: 8:11pm On May 20, 2012
The OP's title almost made me spit my gari and akara on da floor with laughter!
Okongu! Buharari, win election ke!!
Laf wan tia mai bele for hia!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can Gen Buhari Win A Free And Fair Election In Nigeria, I Need Sincere Comments by Beaf: 8:14pm On May 20, 2012
ibrahimdoc: Some people are alleging that the last presidential election was a big scam, and some people are claiming that Buhari won that election which to me is most unlikely. We all know that Buhari is not popular in the south-east and he is not in the south-south neither is he popular in the south-west. He can only boast of popularity within his enclave. SO how come are some people, especially the disgruntled northerner claiming that he won that election. It was said that he came second in that election, a distant second. Given that democracy is politics of numbers, do you think that Buhari has much clout and popularity as to defeat Jonathan in a free and fair election? please guys, say your own opinion without being biased, but as for me i think Jonathan won that election, maybe they inflated some figures in some states in favour of Jonathan, but even if they didn't do that, Jonathan would have still emerged victorious.

Don't mind those people, they obviously live in a psychedelic dream World.
Re: Can Gen Buhari Win A Free And Fair Election In Nigeria, I Need Sincere Comments by TechRev: 9:30pm On May 20, 2012
He might win if contesting against fellow baboons and dogs, his edge over them is that he speaks english. but beware he may loose cause some zoo baboons are well trained and dont swim in blood like the weeping general.
Against humans ..... no chance!

2 Likes

Re: Can Gen Buhari Win A Free And Fair Election In Nigeria, I Need Sincere Comments by Iolo(m): 9:34pm On May 20, 2012
Jimkab: . Only someone who is not trustworthy would claim that our last election was free and fair with the result from the south-south and south-east. General Buhari can sincerely win a free and fair election. U have been getting the rewards of manipulated election. U are instead a baboon.

Well, frankly. Assuming GEJ wasn't a candidate and those who voted him decided to opt out by not voting @ all, then Buhari would still not have won the elections.

Besides having majority votes, you require atleast 25% of the votes in 2/3 of the total 37 states in the country plus the fct. This is to avoid anyone particular region frm fielding a presidential nominee without atleast some approval from the other zones.

Buhari may get 90% of the votes up north, but in the SW, SE and SS can he come up 25% of the total votes cast in two thirds? I seriously doubt so.

Let's leave sentiments aside. Buhari can only win if he's on PDP's ticket coz that's the only national party we have.
Re: Can Gen Buhari Win A Free And Fair Election In Nigeria, I Need Sincere Comments by dasparrow: 12:39am On May 21, 2012
ibrahimdoc: Some people are alleging that the last presidential election was a big scam, and some people are claiming that Buhari won that election which to me is most unlikely. We all know that Buhari is not popular in the south-east and he is not in the south-south neither is he popular in the south-west. He can only boast of popularity within his enclave. SO how come are some people, especially the disgruntled northerner claiming that he won that election. It was said that he came second in that election, a distant second. Given that democracy is politics of numbers, do you think that Buhari has much clout and popularity as to defeat Jonathan in a free and fair election? please guys, say your own opinion without being biased, but as for me i think Jonathan won that election, maybe they inflated some figures in some states in favour of Jonathan, but even if they didn't do that, Jonathan would have still emerged victorious.

You already know the answer to this question of yours. The only way General Buhari will win a presidential election in Nigeria is if Nigeria consisted of ONLY the northern states. The SS, SE and SW states are not interested in Buhari so he cannot win the presidential elections. Buhari is threatening fire and brimestone because he knows he can never win the presidential election and is therefore falsely accusing the last presidential election of being rigged. I still think that the best thing to do is to create regional governments so that each region can control her own resources and generate her own income or split the country and let everyone go their seperate way peacefully.

1 Like

Re: Can Gen Buhari Win A Free And Fair Election In Nigeria, I Need Sincere Comments by Nobody: 12:50am On May 21, 2012
Outside the sharia states, Buhari is unelectable. On probability scale, his chance is perpetually zero. He can't be elected.

But he can help someone get elected if interested is forging a meaningful alliance.
Re: Can Gen Buhari Win A Free And Fair Election In Nigeria, I Need Sincere Comments by otodeluxe(m): 6:44am On May 21, 2012
He can never win. Not on this planet
Re: Can Gen Buhari Win A Free And Fair Election In Nigeria, I Need Sincere Comments by PointB: 7:17am On May 21, 2012
Why not? He can win election as Councelor in his Ward assuming there are enough dogs and baboons to tip the poll in his favour.
Re: Can Gen Buhari Win A Free And Fair Election In Nigeria, I Need Sincere Comments by Jakumo(m): 8:45am On May 21, 2012
PointB: Why not? He can win election as Councelor in his Ward assuming there are enough dogs and baboons to tip the poll in his favour.

Evidently the cats have already been subdued and re-educated, so we can count on the feline vote, otherwise there might be bloodshed, from the looks of things.

Re: Can Gen Buhari Win A Free And Fair Election In Nigeria, I Need Sincere Comments by ijigbamigb(m): 9:53am On May 21, 2012
Sincerely, I thing GEJ is more electable than GMB. Though I was not expecting GEJ to win at the first round.
To my own knowledge and research, the elections should have gone into a second round, and this is where I fault the ACN and its National Leader BATinubu.
BAT intentionally sabotaged the efforts of Mallam Ribadu in the South West in order to pave way for the easy victory of GEJ. I observed the Elections in Ekiti and Osun and I saw the magic that occurred where the ACN party leaders visibly canvassed for votes for GEJ. If the ACN had STOOD FIRMLY behind Ribadu, I tell you, GEJ would have found it difficult to defeat the ACN in the entire Southwest (except Osun, where Ribudu won.). GMB wanted a second round. GEJ got a first round KO. A second round would have polarized the nation and a Civil War may be inevitable...

GEJ WON,but at the first round with such margins...HABA
Re: Can Gen Buhari Win A Free And Fair Election In Nigeria, I Need Sincere Comments by velo10: 4:05pm On May 21, 2012
ijigbamigb: Sincerely, I thing GEJ is more electable than GMB. Though I was not expecting GEJ to win at the first round.
To my own knowledge and research, the elections should have gone into a second round, and this is where I fault the ACN and its National Leader BATinubu.
BAT intentionally sabotaged the efforts of Mallam Ribadu in the South West in order to pave way for the easy victory of GEJ. I observed the Elections in Ekiti and Osun and I saw the magic that occurred where the ACN party leaders visibly canvassed for votes for GEJ. If the ACN had STOOD FIRMLY behind Ribadu, I tell you, GEJ would have found it difficult to defeat the ACN in the entire Southwest (except Osun, where Ribudu won.). GMB wanted a second round. GEJ got a first round KO. A second round would have polarized the nation and a Civil War may be inevitable...

GEJ WON,but at the first round with such margins...HABA

I totally agree. The elections should have been taken into the 2nd round. Buhari had strong support all over the north just like GEJ hadd all over the south. No wonder PDP used child voters and other rigging techniques to win northern votes.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Air Force To Inaugurate Helicopter Flying School In Enugu / Our Army Is Ready Says GEJ / Results Of Edo Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.