Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. (2650 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by vedaxcool(m): 7:42pm On May 20, 2012
I happened to watch a film titled the RITE, whose producers claimed was inspired by real life events. The Film central theme is about exorcism by catholics priests.

The film talks about a man who became a priest because he was running away from "something". The man was appointed a priest and then the story goes on the man was a skeptic even before becoming a priest he did not believe there is God and etc.

Well after becoming a priest he wrote his resignation letter and sent it to the head priest in his area . . . Events occurred which made him agree to go for an exorcism course in Rome.

To cut the long story short, during the course of exorcising the priest that trained him , he became convinced that God really existed and that the reason why he was an atheist is that he had to bear the dreadful sight of his mum being in coma and later on dying in coma. He carried a deep anger and resentment towards God for this. And he also resented his dad because of this.

We can say some people actually become atheists not as a result of any serious thinking but as a result of life's frustration. Now some atheists on NL sometime show this sort of tendency where u read their strange (in)capacity to reason.
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by mazaje(m): 8:24pm On May 20, 2012
How can one be frustrated or angry about something that doesn't exist?. . .Gods don't exist, it is the belief in Gods and religions that exists, 4000 years ago the ONLY God that existed in the mighty Egypt was Amun Ra, in Greece at that time it was Zeus, 1000 years ago the Mayans had their own God. . .Allah and Jesus have now replaced Ran in Eygypt. . .Jesus has replaced most of the Mayan God etc. . .Religion is nothing other than people's culture, some love to spread theirs around while others want to keep it to themselves. . .All Gods are man made and reflect the culture of the society that created the God idea. . .Religions are nothing other than the culture or way of life of a group of people. . .All Gods are man made and as such men MUST write down their books for them, teach other men about them and what they want, fight for them, execute their plans for them, plead on their behalf, spread their supposed message etc. . .The day people stop to believe in a particular version of God that God dies off. . .Zeus, Ra, Phalango and many many other countless Gods that have been relegated to mythology because people no longer believe in them. . , Gods don't exist believe in Gods is what exist. . .I am an atheist because of the FACT that men created all the Gods they worship. . .Without Mohammed, his cronies and the stories they created while indoctrinated people with and made sure the people kept repeating and indoctrinating themselves with their stories and supposed reality, people wouldn't believe in Allah. . .
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by mazaje(m): 8:25pm On May 20, 2012
I got this reasons from some where, I added a little to it and it completely sums up why I do not believe in God and religion(It has absolutely nothing to do with anger or frustration). Here are the reasons. . .

*There is not one iota of unequivocal evidence that any God exists.

*God cannot explain all that exists because God itself cannot be explained. This claim just gratuitously swaps one mystery for another.

*Religions do not explain any mechanism or process whereby God created everything. It is effectively an appeal to magic.

*Religious faith is generally indistinguishable from gullibility. Trust and faith, as human concepts, are normally based on experience and reason. Religious faith is necessarily based on belief in unproved and unknowable things.

*A god or anything that exists outside the realm of natural reality is necessarily unknowable, unintelligible and incoherent. It is therefore irrational to believe in something that is supernatural.

*Religious scripture:
*is man-made
*contains many translation, historical and scientific and interpretation errors
*is often self-contradictory
*often contradicts known facts
*promotes conversion by violence
*calls for punishment and death to unbelievers
*contains virtually no specific and unequivocal predictions
*contains only vague predictions beyond its own time
*contains many failed prophecies, predictions and unfulfilled promises of God
*Scripture contains too much that is vague, metaphorical and symbolic to be instructions from a divine being to humans. A perfect being would be expected to be able to communicate much better than that.

*In order to render most of scripture useful, it must necessarily be interpreted. This makes it easily twisted to support nefarious purposes.

*The problems with scriptures outweigh any good messages they may contain. If read at all, they should be considered opinion and philosophy and taken with a grain of salt.

*Morals are based on human sympathy and empathy not on divine guidance. it varies from culture to culture and is always evolving. Establishing moral codes based on theism is unnecessary, riddled with contradictions, and fraught with danger.

*Religion is divisive in that it pits groups of otherwise indistinguishable people against one another. There are already more than enough differences for humans to fight over. And religion is the most intransigent of such divisions because many people feel it is a divine duty to revile those who believe differently than they do even if they don't see the reason in it.

*Religions are generally intractable when it comes to substantive compromise with other religions or belief systems.

*All suggested ways to perceive God rely on internal mechanisms that are subject to personal desires, suggestion, and mistakes. On the question of communicating with God, religion insidiously asks us all to deceive ourselves.

*People are animals. We are only special due to our more developed brain. (We share 98% of our DNA with chimpanzees)

*Every culture that has existed has had God myths and other superstitions. This is often used as an argument for the existence of God. Rather than indicating that there is a true God, this indicates that people are simply attracted to the idea.

*Goodness, truth, wisdom and all other purported attributes of God are human concepts. When applied to a presumed entity so completely different in kind as to be supernatural, they are meaningless. The idea of God is thus incoherent.

*Infinity is a concept humans cannot comprehend except in a limited mathematical sense. If God is infinite, this also renders him unintelligible.

*Belief in an afterlife is insidious, besides there is no evidence to show the human consciousness survives bodily death.

*Organized religion wastes untold amounts of money and resources that could be used to care for people, promote real knowledge, and advance the human race.

*Theism puts God above people thereby making people subservient, unimportant and expendable.

*Religion relies on guilt, fear and outlandish promises to gain obedience.

*Theism generally precludes any possibility of testing God or questioning his existence substantively. It is something like the wizard of Oz saying, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

*The methods used in proselytizing for religion bear an unmistakable resemblance to the methods of con men. But the scriptures consider this the great commission of mankind.

*There are many good rational and logical arguments against theism but not one argument in favor of it that doesn't rely on a fallacy or assumption.

*There are so many Gods put forth by thousands of religions that no one could ever be certain of picking the correct one, assuming that one exists.

*Prayer is totally subjective and cannot be shown to have any more efficacy than pure chance.

*There is no discernable difference between believing in God and having an imaginary friend.

*People generally rely on facts and evidence in every human endeavor except religion.

*Unequivocal miracles do not occur.

*God supposedly speaks directly to the human spirit. This must be, at least partly, the same concept as mind. People who receive messages in their minds are invariably delusional.

*There is no positive correlation between belief in God and being a moral person.

*Belief in religion has spawned uncounted cults that draw people in by appealing to the concept of faith without proof and the promise of prophets to come. Some examples are: Jim Jones and the People's Temple, David Koresh and the Branch Davidians, Marshal Applewhite and Heaven's Gate. These groups had religious followers who were convinced to brutalize, mutilate and kill themselves and their children on the basis of this kind of blind faith.

*Religion has an extremely violent history that includes such things as crusades, inquisitions, witch hunts, genocide, terrorism and holy war. Untold millions have died in the name of religious icons and for religious beliefs.

*Religions have a long history of misogyny.Religion is just like racism because it segregates people

*Religious dogma is practically immune to the incorporation of new facts. The best it can do is strained reinterpretation.

*The argument that God cannot be proven not to exist is irrelevant when one considers that to do so requires that the concept of a supernatural God be intelligible and coherent, which it is not.

*There is a well known argument commonly called "The Problem of Evil". It basically says that if an omnipotent and omnibenevolent God exists, unnecessary or gratuitous evil would not exist in the world. Thus if God sees this type of evil and does nothing he is either not omnibenevolent because he doesn't care or not omnipotent because he is unable to stop it. There are many counter-arguments that have been used. However the only one that really could defeat the Problem of Evil is if one says that we cannot apply human standards to decide what is or is not gratuitous evil. This may well be true, but that argument renders God unintelligible and meaningless to humans. Either way, the concept of God seems to be highly doubtful.

*Theists claim that God has given humans free will. However, this free will is anything but free. The choices are forced on pain of death and eternal suffering. It is equivalent to having a slave and saying something like: "I grant you your freedom to leave at any time. But if you do, I will torture you mercilessly and kill you as slowly as possible."
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by logicboy: 8:30pm On May 20, 2012
vedaxcool: I happened to watch a film titled the RITE, whose producers claimed was inspired by real life events. The Film central theme is about exorcism by catholics priests.

The film talks about a man who became a priest because he was running away from "something". The man was appointed a priest and then the story goes on the man was a skeptic even before becoming a priest he did not believe there is God and etc.

Well after becoming a priest he wrote his resignation letter and sent it to the head priest in his area . . . Events occurred which made him agree to go for an exorcism course in rome.

To cut the long story short, during the course of exorcising the priest that trained him , he became convinced that God really existed and that the reason why he was an atheist is that he had to bear the dreadful sight of his mum being in coma and later on dying in coma. He carried a deep anger and resentment towards God for this. And he also resented his dad because of this.

We can say some people actually become atheists not as a result of any serious thinking but as a result of life's frustration. Now some atheists on NL sometime show this sort of tendency where u read their strange (in)capacity to reason.

Is your Islam out of love of Terrorism? Should we use Boko Haram to judge muslims? Why use one case to judge atheists?

Have you heard of evolution?
Have you seen the dangers of religion?
Do you forget that millions of people are raised as atheists?

Nice trolling thread
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by Atheists: 9:13pm On May 20, 2012
How can l hate that which is clearly contrived and doesn't exist ?
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by 2good(m): 10:43pm On May 20, 2012
vedaxcool: I happened to watch a film titled the RITE, whose producers claimed was inspired by real life events. The Film central theme is about exorcism by catholics priests.

Well after becoming a priest he wrote his resignation letter and sent it to the head priest in his area . . . Events occurred which made him agree to go for an exorcism course in rome.

Its so funny that being a Muslim, you don't believe in Christianity and your religion(Islam) claims that they(Christians) will go to hell for not accepting Mohammed as a prophet of god. So why using Christianity as a tool to determine the reason for people choosing not to accept one of the numerous religions since you don't believe in their teachings? Don't you believe Christians are lost and deluded?

1 Like

Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by buzugee(m): 10:59pm On May 20, 2012
GOOD QUESTION. i know logicboys atheism is because his got ditched by his 22 year lover, pope benedictine of ijeshatedo grin grin
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by logicboy: 11:12pm On May 20, 2012
buzugee: GOOD QUESTION. i know logicboys atheism is because his got ditched by his 22 year lover, pope benedictine of ijeshatedo grin grin

You have always been jealous of the catholic priests access to young boys angry angry
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 20, 2012

You're right, the rite is a great example. I for one hate Allah just as much as you hate THE GREAT LEPRECHAUN.
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by buzugee(m): 1:14am On May 21, 2012
logicboy:

You have always been jealous of the catholic priests access to young boys angry angry
i guess my secret is out grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by tbaba1234: 7:37am On May 22, 2012
"Those who have no knowledge also say, ‘If only God would speak to us!’ or ‘If only a miraculous sign would come to us!’ People before them said the same things: their hearts are all alike. We have made Our signs clear enough to those who have solid faith." (Qur'an 2:118)

There are many shallow atheists. Many become atheists for silly reasons,some do so after a bit of thought. My experience so far tells me that many of the atheists on nairaland are shallow. I mean no disrespect but it is true... I could name them, but id rather not. The problem with many atheists is that they put all religions in one big basket and do not properly investigate it.

I went through mazaje reasons for becoming an atheist and what i find is that most conclusions are based on very weak or untrue premises. I think that even if atheists are provided with evidence of the truth, they will reject it. Atheism for many people is blind faith built on the shoulders of a richard dawkins and other atheistic prophets. For many, they just left one faith for another. So even if all their reasons for atheism are destroyed, they will still hold on.

I have had discussions with some pretty intelligent people on belief and atheism. You will be shocked at the shallowness of the arguments and I mean really smart people that will probably make me look silly in many other discussions. Deep down, they know there is a God. They have just covered it and rejected it. That is why many atheists result to praying when they are under severe stress/trouble. It happens all the time.

I remember the story of an atheist whose daughter was in a coma and dying. He prayed during that crisis because he felt helpless (he later became muslim)... Many so called atheists will do the same... but for many, they will return to disbelief and forget that they made a prayer when they were in crisis... You guys just reject what is already within you.

The Quran talks this scenario:

Surah 10

22. It is He who enables you to travel on land and sea until, when you are in ships and they sail with them by a good wind and they rejoice therein, there comes a storm wind and the waves come upon them from everywhere and they assume that they are surrounded [i.e., doomed], supplicating God, sincere to Him in religion, “If You should save us from this, we will surely be among the thankful.”

23. But when He saves them, at once they commit injustice upon the earth without right. O mankind, your injustice is only against yourselves, [being
merely] the enjoyment of worldly life. Then to Us is your return, and We will inform you of what you used to do.

Every atheist should do some self-examination and see if the reasons for disbelief are real reasons or not. And if they are real reasons, have they looked at the answers proposed by theists. Some of the concerns might already be addressed...

For me, the Quran as a text has dismantled any contentions, i could possibly have about faith. The amount of tranquility that comes with certainty of faith is amazing.

I guess what i am saying is, make sure your reasons for atheism are not shallow reasons... If there are, maybe you have to reexamine yourself.
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by mazaje(m): 9:54am On May 22, 2012
tbaba1234: "Those who have no knowledge also say, ‘If only God would speak to us!’ or ‘If only a miraculous sign would come to us!’ People before them said the same things: their hearts are all alike. We have made Our signs clear enough to those who have solid faith." (Qur'an 2:118)

Another of the FALSE claim by the god proponents. . .Yeah, Allah's claims are clear enough for those who have been indoctrinated to accept the islamic stories and NOTHING else. .If the koran is very clear why is it that about 80% of the world's population reject it and find it meaningless. . .If the Koran is presented to most people on their 21st birthday for the very fist time in their lives there will be very few muslims on earth today. . .Solid faith means solid indoctrination and nothing more. . .There are NO signs only indoctrination. . .

There are many shallow atheists. Many become atheists for silly reasons,some do so after a bit of thought. My experience so far tells me that many of the atheists on nairaland are shallow. I mean no disrespect but it is true... I could name them, but id rather not. The problem with many atheists is that they put all religions in one big basket and do not properly investigate it.

Just as there are many shallow religionist and the fact is that atheist know more about the religions they left than the average person that practices the religion. . .All religions belong to one basket, all are equally valid or invalid. . .All religions are man made, they are a product of man and belong in the same basket. . .No man, no god and no religion , Period. . .

I went through mazaje reasons for becoming an atheist and what i find is that most conclusions are based on very weak or untrue premises. I think that even if atheists are provided with evidence of the truth, they will reject it. Atheism for many people is blind faith built on the shoulders of a richard dawkins and other atheistic prophets. For many, they just left one faith for another. So even if all their reasons for atheism are destroyed, they will still hold on.
talking

I false, there are millions of atheist in existence before dawkins was born, there are hundreds of millions of atheist that do not know who he is so try another lie pls. . .Provide the evidence already and stop talking. . . .Allah exist and yet people like you are the one making his case for him eh?. . .When men were primitive and with out knowledge he was busy parting the red sea for them, making them to divide the moon, causing trees to cry, living for days inside a big fish etc. . .Now Allah is all we see and everything was created by him. . .How interesting. . .What we don't know = Allah did it. . .

I have had discussions with some pretty intelligent people on belief and atheism. You will be shocked at the shallowness of the arguments and I mean really smart people that will probably make me look silly in many other discussions. Deep down, they know there is a God. They have just covered it and rejected it. That is why many atheists result to praying when they are under severe stress/trouble. It happens all the time.

Lie, please stop telling lies. . .I have heard you presented your arguments for islam and Allah all are very weak and rely only on special pleadings. . . .No there is no god, there are only spurious claims that god/gods exist. . . Religion works, in part, by effectively slowing or stopping people from maturing and growing up on intellectual, psychological, emotional and moral levels. As we grow up and become more experienced, more thoughtful and more exposed to various other beliefs and possibilities, then we come to have increasing skepticism about our own beliefs, and increasing awareness of our own biases that lead us to holding those (erroneous) beliefs. Religion suppresses a person's willingness to thoroughly test one's own biases though. Instead, it nurtures those particular biases, especially confirmation biases, that will in turn feed back into the religious beliefs, creating a positive feedback loop that closes itself off to external evaluation.

If people applied a similar level of skepticism to their religious beliefs that they comfortably apply to other beliefs, then religious beliefs would significantly diminish. Religion just suppresses people's willingness to do so, when it comes to their religion. They are left with intellectually absurd and emotionally/psychologically immature beliefs, even though they may entirely sincerely believe them as strongly as (or moreso than) other beliefs that comprise their worldview.

I remember the story of an atheist whose daughter was in a coma and dying. He prayed during that crisis because he felt helpless (he later became muslim)... Many so called atheists will do the same... but for many, they will return to disbelief and forget that they made a prayer when they were in crisis... You guys just reject what is already within you.

Stop telling lies, atheist do not pray to any god, of course you will always "remember" stories of atheist praying to Allah. . . .

The Quran talks this scenario:

Surah 10

22. It is He who enables you to travel on land and sea until, when you are in ships and they sail with them by a good wind and they rejoice therein, there comes a storm wind and the waves come upon them from everywhere and they assume that they are surrounded [i.e., doomed], supplicating God, sincere to Him in religion, “If You should save us from this, we will surely be among the thankful.”

23. But when He saves them, at once they commit injustice upon the earth without right. O mankind, your injustice is only against yourselves, [being
merely] the enjoyment of worldly life. Then to Us is your return, and We will inform you of what you used to do.

Every atheist should do some self-examination and see if the reasons for disbelief are real reasons or not. And if they are real reasons, have they looked at the answers proposed by theists. Some of the concerns might already be addressed...

Actually theist have not even proffered any answers because there is non they can proffer. . .If I ask you a simple question, all you will do is resort to special pleadings and capitalize on things that you and I do not know by claiming special knowledge over things that you do not know at all. . .Pretending to know what you don't is the life blood of all religions. . .I prefer the honest I do not know option and I am very ok with that because that is the truth. . .

For me, the Quran as a text has dismantled any contentions, i could possibly have about faith. The amount of tranquility that comes with certainty of faith is amazing.

I guess what i am saying is, make sure your reasons for atheism are not shallow reasons... If there are, maybe you have to reexamine yourself.

The Koran has dismantled any contention yet over 80% of the world's population do not believe in it and those that do had to be indoctrinated with in since child hood before the can reason along its lines and accept its stories, theology and assertions?. . .The koran makes sense ONLY to those that have been indoctrinated with its assertions which are mostly false by the way. . .
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by logicboy: 10:03am On May 22, 2012
tbaba1234:

Majaze's reasons are very logical. Religious scriptures have errors and there is not one physical evidence of God.

You are just talking out of religious bias and ignorance. I did not become an atheist because of Richard Dawkins. You are the one basing your reasoning on weak premises. There are no atheistic prophets. Do you think majority of atheists in Japan even know who Dawkins is?

tbaba1234:

1) Do you know shallow your arguments are? that the Koran is a miracle? A book written in a language that has no relation to the majority of it's prophets. Jesus and Moses never spoke a word of Arabic. Abraham predated Arabic language. It copied and pasted stuff from Jewish religions.

2) Unless you're a mind reader, how would you know that atheists know deep down that there is a God? Shallow argument again

3) Where is your proof that many atheists pray when in trouble? Shallow argument again

tbaba1234:

1) I suspect that this is fiction.

tbaba1234:

1) The Koran that regulates slavery?

2) The Koran that says that riba is haraam, pork is haraam but nothing about slavery being haraam?

3) The Koran that supports polygamy? Even millions of muslim women reject it.

4) The Koran that encourages bigotry towards unbelievers? Can you explain why an unbeliever can not marry a muslim woman but a muslim man can marry an unbeliever in the Koran? Sexism and bigotry towards unbelievers. The koran would put religious dogma before love and feels the need to rob people of their freedom of association. What is the difference between saying two people of different races should not get married and two people from different religions should not get married?
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by Kay17: 12:57pm On May 22, 2012
Evil/imperfection conclusively proves the absence of a perfect God.

Besides tb1234, most muslims believe God creates from nothing and miracles and other irrationalities.
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by plaetton: 1:12pm On May 22, 2012
@vexacool:

"Blessed are those who do not expect, for verily I say onto you, they shall never be dissapointed"- Bola Ige.

You are another one those that do not care to understand what athiesm is about.
Only a religiously tainted and deluded mind would be angry and frustrated at god for not living up to his much hyped expectations. And there are billions of humans that are cosntantly in that very state of mind.
Ironically, fear,guilt, anger and frustration are the primamry currencies of the religious trade.
The religious people are desperately seeking UNOBTAINIUM from the Unseen and unkwowable god. We athiests can only Pity them.
Athiests , on the other hand, are free people who have no expectations from, and do not rely on the schitzophrenic mechinations of any god in heaven or on earth.

Who is most likely to live a life of anger and frustration?
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by logicboy: 1:24pm On May 22, 2012
@Vedaxcool,

My atheistic views did not come out of anger but Iwll say that your Islamic views are out of ignorance.

You and Tbaba choose to be ignorant and thats why you avoided this thread;

https://www.nairaland.com/943454/things-they-wont-tell-you
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by vedaxcool(m): 10:03pm On May 22, 2012
mazaje: How can one be frustrated or angry about something that doesn't exist?. . .Gods don't exist, it is the belief in Gods and religions that exists, 4000 years ago the ONLY God that existed in the mighty Egypt was Amun Ra, in Greece at that time it was Zeus, 1000 years ago the Mayans had their own God. . .Allah and Jesus have now replaced Ran in Eygypt. . .Jesus has replaced most of the Mayan God etc. . .Religion is nothing other than people's culture, some love to spread theirs around while others want to keep it to themselves. . .All Gods are man made and reflect the culture of the society that created the God idea. . .Religions are nothing other than the culture or way of life of a group of people. . .All Gods are man made and as such men MUST write down their books for them, teach other men about them and what they want, fight for them, execute their plans for them, plead on their behalf, spread their supposed message etc. . .The day people stop to believe in a particular version of God that God dies off. . .Zeus, Ra, Phalango and many many other countless Gods that have been relegated to mythology because people no longer believe in them. . , Gods don't exist believe in Gods is what exist. . .I am an atheist because of the FACT that men created all the Gods they worship. . .Without Mohammed, his cronies and the stories they created while indoctrinated people with and made sure the people kept repeating and indoctrinating themselves with their stories and supposed reality, people wouldn't believe in Allah. . .

Truly much of what you wrote was clearly INCHOHERENT RAMBLINGS, but thanks for your opinion any way, as for your question, you might want to read my post about how the main character in THE RITE was angry and furstrated that the illogical claims of atheism seemed "rational". Or maybe you may want to ask martian how he came to hate what he claims does n't exist.
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by Kay17: 10:14pm On May 22, 2012
vedaxcool:

Truly much of what you wrote was clearly INCHOHERENT RAMBLINGS, but thanks for your opinion any way, as for your question, you might want to read my post about how the main character in THE RITE was angry and furstrated that the illogical claims of atheism seemed "rational". Or maybe you may want to ask martian how he came to hate what he claims does n't exist.

Since you believe Allah is omnipresent, how do you cope with the contradiction of being in the "true" religion?

And Is Faith compulsory?
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by vedaxcool(m): 10:17pm On May 22, 2012
logicboy:

Is your Islam out of love of Terrorism? Should we use Boko Haram to judge muslims? Why use one case to judge atheists?
ð

Very senseless questions you ask, don't you think? How does what makes me love Islam or using boko haram to judge muslims serve as a viable criteria for answering a simple question about atheism? Well I won't say your response surprise me as if you had answered differently that would have been a great surprise. cheesy
logicboy:
Have you heard of evolution?
Have you seen the dangers of religion?
Do you forget that millions of people are raised as atheists?

Nice trolling thread

Lol it seems 2012 will mark the year that u first heard of d theory of evolution cause it remains funny that whenever u doubt the misguided path u follow u immediately shout theory of evolution to re-assure yourself, and boy have you heard that the. Theory of evolution only explains the diversification of species not the origin of life nor the universe,. . . U just a joke indeed and have you seen the dangers of atheism and atheistic philosophies on human kind? Smh because u think millions of people are raised atheist it explains away the atheist frustration in the rite? I am baffled by u severe difficulty in making COHERENT points indeed. cheesy
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by vedaxcool(m): 10:25pm On May 22, 2012
Kay 17:

Since you believe Allah is omnipresent, how do you cope with the contradiction of being in the "true" religion?

And Is Faith compulsory?

Truly I couldn't get ur drift, could u clarify both questions?

Atheists: How can l hate that which is clearly contrived and doesn't exist ?

Well maybe you should direct your question to martian, in addition I ask between an atheist and an agnostic whose argument seems more rational?
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by vedaxcool(m): 10:36pm On May 22, 2012
2good:

Its so funny that being a Muslim, you don't believe in Christianity and your religion(Islam) claims that they(Christians) will go to hell for not accepting Mohammed as a prophet of god. So why using Christianity as a tool to determine the reason for people choosing not to accept one of the numerous religions since you don't believe in their teachings? Don't you believe Christians are lost and deluded?

The only funny thing here is that you can answer a simple question, it is just simple a man rejected God not out of sense but simply out of spite and frustration. If the best explanation for this sort of attitude is that I am using christianity as a tool to expose the folly of atheism then truly u must have thought very hard to dribble u way out of this corner. And hardly, can I say it is your fault as ask atheist hard questions and best they usually do especially on nl is to attack Islam or christianity etc.
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by Kay17: 10:44pm On May 22, 2012
Why is Faith so important? How does it convince skeptics?

Islam is said to a true religion worshipping an omnipresent being who is at all times present in time, location and minds of all. Considering the fact that Islam came in its form 1400 yrs ago, which means its message was not present all times and location, since it rose/developed in Arabia. And most ppl don't have the contents/essence of the Quran in their minds.
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by vedaxcool(m): 10:45pm On May 22, 2012
plaetton: @vexacool:

"Blessed are those who do not expect, for verily I say onto you, they shall never be dissapointed"- Bola Ige.

You are another one those that do not care to understand what athiesm is about.
Only a religiously tainted and deluded mind would be angry and frustrated at god for not living up to his much hyped expectations. And there are billions of humans that are cosntantly in that very state of mind.
Ironically, fear,guilt, anger and frustration are the primamry currencies of the religious trade.
The religious people are desperately seeking UNOBTAINIUM from the Unseen and unkwowable god. We athiests can only Pity them.
Athiests , on the other hand, are free people who have no expectations from, and do not rely on the schitzophrenic mechinations of any god in heaven or on earth.

Who is most likely to live a life of anger and frustration?

Even ur whole writing bore the hall marks of frustration, a frustration so severe that the best it could produce was this crap that does not even address why they are atheist due to frustration and again martian shows a ready example of such.

Martian:

You're right, the rite is a great example. I for one hate Allah just as much as you hate THE GREAT LEPRECHAUN.

You are right as u validated my point.
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by logicboy: 10:47pm On May 22, 2012
vedaxcool: ð

Very senseless questions you ask, don't you think? How does what makes me love Islam or using boko haram to judge muslims serve as a viable criteria for answering a simple question about atheism? Well I won't say your response surprise me as if you had answered differently that would have been a great surprise. cheesy

Lol it seems 2012 will mark the year that u first heard of d theory of evolution cause it remains funny that whenever u doubt the misguided path u follow u immediately shout theory of evolution to re-assure yourself, and boy have you heard that the. Theory of evolution only explains the diversification of species not the origin of life nor the universe,. . . U just a joke indeed and have you seen the dangers of atheism and atheistic philosophies on human kind? Smh because u think millions of people are raised atheist it explains away the atheist frustration in the rite? I am baffled by u severe difficulty in making COHERENT points indeed. cheesy

Your Koran lies that man was created. It borrows the failed Adam and Eve story that evolution debunks.

Man was not created. Fact The Koran fails
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by vedaxcool(m): 11:04pm On May 22, 2012
Kay 17: Why is Faith so important? How does it convince skeptics?

In islam, Allah requires man think, numerous verses of the Qur'an calls man to reason, ponder, consider etc hence faith in Islam is not just to belief but to understand, to reason and to ponder. Reading the Qur'an u will notice what I will call simple rational argument that are faultless indeed. If the skeptic is an honest person reading the Qur'an will serve as an argument for believing in Allah. But you come to find that most skeptics have been indoctrinated to reject the truth of Islam even before learning the truth for themselves.

Kay 17:
Islam is said to a true religion worshipping an omnipresent being who is at all times present in time, location and minds of all. Considering the fact that Islam came in its form 1400 yrs ago, which means its message was not present all times and location, since it rose/developed in Arabia. And most ppl don't have the contents/essence of the Quran in their minds.

Islam as we know it today came in 1400 yrs ago, but the Qur'an again establishes what I will call a rational explanation for ur question.

We muslims believe as it is written in the Qur'an that Allah guided humanity from time immemorial till date, as Allah says " there was not a nation we did not send messenger to" hence from the time man was created till date Allah has been sending guide to mankind, hence the message of Islam was present from times past but not in the complete form. And despite the fact that you would not see or hear of people worshiping God as Allah, we learn from the Qur'an that ". . . To Allah are all the beautiful names" hence whether addressed as olorun, omohiri, etc we believe that these could have been names people used to call upon Allah in their own tongue, hence indeed Allah we believe has continue to guide mankind even before the prophethood of muhammad. But we also believe that the pure religion revealed to different nations got corrupted as time went past . . . Most people not believing Islam do so at their ignorance as such.
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by mazaje(m): 11:25pm On May 22, 2012
vedaxcool:

In islam, Allah requires man think, numerous verses of the Qur'an calls man to reason, ponder, consider etc hence faith in Islam is not just to belief but to understand, to reason and to ponder. Reading the Qur'an u will notice what I will call simple rational argument that are faultless indeed. If the skeptic is an honest person reading the Qur'an will serve as an argument for believing in Allah. But you come to find that most skeptics have been indoctrinated to reject the truth of Islam even before learning the truth for themselves.

Reading the koran is NOT an argument for believing in allah just as reading the bible is also not an argument for believing in jesus. . .You have to be conditioned and indoctrinated first at an early age before you accept these stories, over 95% of muslims were born into the religion. . .That says everything. . .There truth in islam just as there is truth in hindusism or christianity. . Islam is both valid or invalid as other religions and that is a FACT. . .Allah is no better than Zeus or Vishnu god, all are a creation of men and islam is just another arabic culture and way of life they chose to spread around. . .

Islam as we know it today came in 1400 yrs ago, but the Qur'an again establishes what I will call a rational explanation for ur question.

We muslims believe as it is written in the Qur'an that Allah guided humanity from time immemorial till date, as Allah says " there was not a nation we did not send messenger to" hence from the time man was created till date Allah has been sending guide to mankind, hence the message of Islam was present from times past but not in the complete form. And despite the fact that you would not see or hear of people worshiping God as Allah, we learn from the Qur'an that ". . . To Allah are all the beautiful names" hence whether addressed as olorun, omohiri, etc we believe that these could have been names people used to call upon Allah in their own tongue, hence indeed Allah we believe has continue to guide mankind even before the prophethood of muhammad. But we also believe that the pure religion revealed to different nations got corrupted as time went past . . . Most people not believing Islam do so at their ignorance as such.

This is a pure lie, what is the name of the propeht allah sent to the ancient greeks?. . .We have them talking about gods like zeus etc. . .Allah gets no mention. .What about the ancient egyptians, they used to worship ra amun. . .Stop the silly lies that muslims believe this or that, your beliefs are false and have nothing to do with reality. . .How did allah guide the ancient mayan for example or the ancient igbos?. . .The ancient mayans have been practicing their religions for thousands of years, how did allah guide them?. . .What about the ancient aborigines, chines or japanese? How did allah guide them?. . .Its easy to make baseless claims and use the word believe to cover up the nonsense you spew around. .No?. . .We muslims believe this or that. .Who cares about what you believe?. . .Reality is what matters not your indoctrinated beliefs. . .Pure religion got corrupted abi? only islam is the religion that is pure and free from corruption. . .Indoctrination at its best. . . grin
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by ea7(m): 11:34pm On May 22, 2012
so, lemme get this straight. You believe a religious propaganda movie accurately represents the irreligious. You are pretty smart /in sarcastic british tone/
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by logicboy: 11:40pm On May 22, 2012
Vedaxcool, your Islamic lies and propaganda can work in the muslim section where you silence criticism but they cant work here. This is the reason why you are getting destroyed by many people here. Your reasoning fails

Islam thrives where there is no free speech.
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by mazaje(m): 11:48pm On May 22, 2012
logicboy: Vedaxcool, your Islamic lies and propaganda can work in the muslim section where you silence criticism but they cant work here. This is the reason why you are getting destroyed by many people here. Your reasoning fails

Islam thrives where there is no free speech.

Vexdacool is the guy putting on the mask. . .
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by logicboy: 12:07am On May 23, 2012
mazaje:

Vexdacool is the guy putting on the mask. . .

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by plaetton: 4:33am On May 23, 2012
@vexacool:

Religion is like a fart. Yours always seem sweet while those of others always seem noxious and toxic.
You are just high on your own fart.
Re: Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. by vedaxcool(m): 2:24pm On May 23, 2012
ea7: so, lemme get this straight. You believe a religious propaganda movie accurately represents the irreligious. You are pretty smart /in sarcastic british tone/

I believe a "religious" propaganda movie accurately portrays the irreligious? Are u kidding or you didn't read the OP? I simply relate the tale of an ex atheist who happens to have been an atheist out of sheer frustration and anger and ask whether u NL atheist find your condition similar to the case of the guy in the movie, the response to this thread so far have been telling indeed. It reassert my initial thoughts of atheist on nl, their response have been mediocre and extremely illogical, I wonder whether they can have an honest look at their cheap writings that mimics the behavior of a Bugler who hears his crime and then act dumb . . . And ask themselves whether they have logically address the issues raised always running to talk of God that u do not believe in. When simple queries are made about your disbelief remains a source of bewilderment indeed! The emotional outpouring seen so far simply lives up to the reputation of the atheist in the film the rite, when his position no longer seem sensible he tried shouting and when shouting. Troubled souls or minds when facing monumental challenges atimes begin to express frustration against their sole liberator and in some cases it unfortunately turns up to atheism etc.

I wonder what do you guys think of the atheist in the film The Rite?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Believe In Generational Curse / Genesis: A Great Work Of Plagiarism / Answering Atheist.-why Jehovah Created Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.