Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,991 members, 7,821,459 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack (18118 Views)

Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! / Governor Fayose Confesses To Partaking In Ekiti Poll Rigging / Prof Ayodele & Prof Andrew Leo Were Killed In BUK Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by jmaine: 9:12pm On May 21, 2012
Lagos (AFP) – A man said Monday that he helped carry out deadly attacks on April 29 at a university church service and admitted belonging to Islamist group Boko Haram in his confession to police.

Police in the northern state of Kano presented Augustine Effiong to journalists Monday following his arrest on Friday for attempted murder.

According to a police statement, the 25-year-old, also known as Abubakar Garba, said he was converted to Islam by former Boko Haram chief Mohammed Yusuf, who was killed by security forces in 2009.

He confessed to have participated in a series of attacks, killing of policemen and military personnel in the state (Kano), including the recent attack and killings in Bayero University Kano (BUK),” police said.

Attackers with bombs and guns opened fire at church services at BUK last month and killed around 20 people as worshippers tried to flee.

I was involved in the attack at BUK,” he told reporters in Hausa, the dominant language of northern Nigeria.

He further confessed to being part of a “20-man killer squad” charged with targeting the security services around Kano, Nigeria’s second largest city and the key hub in the mainly Muslim north.

Boko Haram has repeatedly targeted the security services in Kano and has claimed attacks that have killed more than 1,000 people since mid-2009.

“I killed many people, including five soldiers at checkpoints,” in Kano, Effiong said.

Rights groups including Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch have repeatedly accused Nigerian security forces of massive rights violations, including while interrogating suspects.

In February, Nigeria’s police chief Mohammed Abubakar, acknowleged that the force had previously tortured suspects, in some of the frankest ever admissions by a top police leader.

Full tory dey here grin
Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by jmaine: 9:14pm On May 21, 2012
The cycle is complete . . .South South don join the party grin . . . . .but they all have one thing in common . . .lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by ektbear: 9:20pm On May 21, 2012
jmaine: The cycle is complete . . .South South don join the party grin . . . . .but they all have one thing in common . . .lipsrsealed

The Religion of Peace ™!

grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by Rhino5dm: 9:20pm On May 21, 2012
jmaine: The cycle is complete . . .South South don join the party grin . . . . .but they all have one thing in common . .PDP + Islam + serial brain-washing + desire for 72 virginsshocked .lipsrsealed

^
Fixed.
So, where is buhari in all this? Infact, the picture is incomplete.
Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by jmaine: 9:21pm On May 21, 2012
ekt_bear:

The Religion of Peace ™!

grin grin grin

You know every grin . . .
Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by Rhino5dm: 9:24pm On May 21, 2012
. . .But why call him Augustine Effiong? When he is now Abubakar Garba from Kano state?

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by jmaine: 9:24pm On May 21, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

^
Fixed.
So, where is buhari in all this? Infact, the picture is incomplete.

Just one of the "dogs and baboons" caught already soaked with blood via practicing the very "peaceful religion" . . .You got the drift init cool
Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by AnotherOkija: 9:25pm On May 21, 2012
Who come be Augustine Effiong again na?!

This peopl ejust dey find chance to implicate Igbo man for this matter.. Them don reach Akwa Ibom state now.. next thing dem go land Owerri... angry

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by jason123: 9:27pm On May 21, 2012
Hahah! Oga Jmaine! grin grin grin

Cycle don complete since, before Effiong join party!!! cheesy . . .funny stuffs!
Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by Rhino5dm: 9:28pm On May 21, 2012
jmaine:

Just one of the "PDP vampires" caught already soaked with blood via practicing the very "peaceful religion" . . .You got the drift init cool

^
Fixed again.
Guy, next time I go call you O'lodo o o o. Why you go dey miss the kwarrect answer like this?grin grin

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by jmaine: 9:30pm On May 21, 2012
jason123: Hahah! Oga Jamine Jmaine wink! grin grin grin

Cycle don complete since, before Effiong join party!!! cheesy . . .funny stuffs!

Na "whitey" remain na to catch grin

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by Chyz2: 9:30pm On May 21, 2012
Funny people. From Yoruba to Igbo and now to Ibibio. These camel fckers are trying their hardest to paint boko haram as "not a Northern but a Nigerian thing" with their cooked up stories.

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by jason123: 9:30pm On May 21, 2012
jmaine:

Na "whitey" remain na to catch grin

Hahaha, nice one! grin grin grin
Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by jmaine: 9:32pm On May 21, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

^
Fixed again.
Guy, next time I go call you O'lodo o o o. Why you go dey miss the kwarrect answer like this?grin grin

You dey Jones wella . . .why the peaceful religion dey churn out multitudes of "Dogs and baboons soaked in blood" . .you sef dey practice am undecided . you fit help us give us clue grin grin . . .
Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by Anybaba: 9:33pm On May 21, 2012
These ABOKI people are not serious. Who are they deceiving? First a supposed Yoruba man from Ogbomosho in Oyo state was arrested, today it is Augustine Effiong, an Islamic convert ! The question is when will this charade of denting the image of other ethnic groups in an aim to salvage the lost integrity, worth and value of the Nigerian Aboki end? I challenge them to tell us the village and clan that Aboki man is from in Akwa Ibom State ! We are not deceived. :

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by Rhino5dm: 9:34pm On May 21, 2012
Ibo man na him carry first nah. No be dem supply the bombs for madalla catholic bombing?

Alusi Okija, is like your potent is becoming weak. You need to complete that ritual rites with pounding of a day old baby. The gods seems to be angry with you shocked shocked grin

Another Okija: Who come be Augustine Effiong again na?!

This peopl ejust dey find chance to implicate Igbo man for this matter.. Them don reach Akwa Ibom state now.. next thing dem go land Owerri... angry
Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by Rhino5dm: 9:36pm On May 21, 2012
jmaine:

You dey Jones wella . . .why the peaceful religion dey churn out multitudes of "Dogs and baboons soaked in blood" . .you sef dey practice am undecided . you fit help us give us clue grin grin . . .

Na the wants of fresh 72 punnies cool. You sef no want 72 virgins?
Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by jason123: 9:37pm On May 21, 2012
Hilarious thread!
Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by jmaine: 9:38pm On May 21, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

Na the wants of fresh 72 punnies cool. You sef no want 72 virgins?

lol . . . grin . . .
Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by AnotherOkija: 9:39pm On May 21, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Ibo man na him carry first nah. No be dem supply the bombs for madalla catholic bombing?

Alusi Okija, is like your potent is becoming weak. You need to complete that ritual rites with pounding of a day old baby. The gods seems to be angry with you shocked shocked grin

You are bigger than such cheap propaganda...

If Igbo man sell the wrist watch wey them use set time for the bomb, does that make him an accomplice or sponsor of Boko Haram?!

If so lets arrest all fertilizer dealers, canned drinks sellers, dealers in prime cords and all filling station owners, attendants and even tanker drivers and importers.. Car dealers as well should be arrested afterall na moter them dey use bomb everywhere..

Nna free this rumour.. The federal government is looking for a reason to implicate an igboman in the boko Haram issue..

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by jmaine: 9:41pm On May 21, 2012
Another Okija:

If Igbo man sell the wrist watch wey them use set time for the bomb, does that make him an accomplice or sponsor of Boko Haram?!

If so lets arrest all fertilizer dealers, canned drinks sellers, dealers in prime cords and all filling station owners, attendants and even tanker drivers and importers.. Car dealers as well should be arrested afterall na moter them dey use bomb everywhere..

Nna free this rumour.. [size=18pt]The federal government is looking for a reason to implicate an igboman in the boko Haram issue[/size]..

[size=14pt]Implication . . . . cheesy[/size]
Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by Rhino5dm: 9:42pm On May 21, 2012
^
Bros, 72 virgins na blessing or na curse? Me no even fit hammer the 7 dis-virgin punnies around me wellu-well, talk more or 72 virgins shocked shocked
Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by jmaine: 9:46pm On May 21, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
^
Bros, 72 virgins na blessing or na curse? Me no even fit hammer the 7 dis-virgin punnies around me wellu-well, talk more or 72 virgins shocked shocked

Personally, i no like virgins at all . .them be waste of precious time and effort . . .voracious and ravenous pounder like me no get time to dey joke ontop active service cheesy . . .We need action and swerve straight up . . .No time grin . .
Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by Rhino5dm: 9:46pm On May 21, 2012
I believe you. You see why I dey shout when dey wan implicate south west for this boko boys?

May the gods be with you and lead you to the true paths of Mazi Alusi Nnamdi Chinedu, the first Alusi of Okija shrine. cool

Another Okija:

Nna free this rumour.. The federal government is looking for a reason to implicate an igboman in the boko Haram issue..
Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by Rhino5dm: 9:49pm On May 21, 2012
Bad Boi cool.

My first experince with a virgin was hell and I made it the last. I need an experienced-ready-made-stress-free-riding-Punnie* with minimum of 5 years phocking experince. cool

jmaine:

Personally, i no like virgins at all . .them be waste of precious time and effort . . .voracious and ravenous pounder like me no get time to dey joke ontop active service cheesy . . .We need action and swerve straight up . . .No time grin . .
Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by Beaf: 9:50pm On May 21, 2012
Anybaba: These ABOKI people are not serious. Who are they deceiving? First a supposed Yoruba man from Ogbomosho in Oyo state was arrested, today it is Augustine Effiong, an Islamic convert ! The question is when will this charade of denting the image of other ethnic groups in an aim to salvage the lost integrity, worth and value of the Nigerian Aboki end? I challenge them to tell us the village and clan that Aboki man is from in Akwa Ibom State ! We are not deceived. :

Forget the long talk pally. They caught a Yoruba guy and have now caught an Efik guy, tomorrow, they might catch an Edo or Urhobo guy.

Several months ago, there was a security alert that boko haram was feeling the heat and desperate to switch from the almajiri type to educated Southern graduates or educated Northerners.
Today, we see the result. Southern Muslim extremists are now being put to damaging use by boko haram.

Unfortunately, most of us don't read and when we do, we do not pay attention to the details.
Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by jmaine: 9:51pm On May 21, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Bad Boi cool.

My first experince with a virgin was hell and I made it the last. I need an [size=18pt]experienced[/size]-ready-made-stress-free-riding-Punnie*. cool

You be correct guy . .who get time to dey conduct[b] tutorial lessons[/b] when there is serious business to trash out down there . . . cheesy
Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by Rhino5dm: 9:59pm On May 21, 2012
say no to ON-THE-PHOCK training! Go for experience hire, with minimum of 5 years phocking experience. cool

jmaine:

You be correct guy . .who get time to dey conduct[b] tutorial lessons[/b] when there is serious business to trash out down there . . . cheesy
Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by jmaine: 10:08pm On May 21, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
say no to ON-THE-PHOCK training! Go for experience hire, with minimum of 5 years phocking experience. cool

. . .Your On Point jor . . . .

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by jason123: 10:09pm On May 21, 2012
Federal character!
Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by jmaine: 10:21pm On May 21, 2012
jason123: Federal character!

na real federal character grin
Re: Boko Haram Member Augustine Effiong Confesses To Partaking In BUK Attack by coogar: 10:54pm On May 21, 2012
there's no hope for nigeria.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. / Magu: UK Too Slow On Diezani… No Kobo Recovered From Her $2.4bn Loot / Corruption Is Thriving Not In Spite Of Buhari But Because Of Him- Farooq Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.